Chapter 3: The Awkward Journey To School Continues
809 7 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No way, Could it be... His eyes widen, surprised by his own thought. Why didn't I think of this before?!  His grip on her hand completely loosened, almost like it was hanging or as if she was forcibly holding his hand, pulling him along. Could it be... She's faking that she's okay with this...? Is she feeling uncomfortable right now?

Without even thinking about whether or not she would or not notice, he closely scans her face for any hints saying she's not happy with what's happening.

None. Maybe he just sucks he thought. He continued, this time he observed her even more closely. And yes, literally, 'closely'. He brought his face closely to hers. If he leans his head forward, they're foreheads would touch. That's how closely he was 'observing' her.

Ah, her lips twitched! He shouldn't surprised(in a way happy way) right now. Like he really really shouldn't. He should be letting go of hand and apologize or something. But no. He's acting like some scientist after seeing his experiments are going as planned.

"Um, Igarashi-san...? Is there something wrong?" She asks, confused.

"Huh?" He looks at her eyes for a second and realizes the distance between them and immediately pulls back. "Ah, nothing! Sorry," He notices a light a shade of red on her cheeks. Now, he really understood what he did. He looks away, a little embarrassed himself. 

"It's alright?" She looks at him a little confused, but happy at the same time since he was staring at her. No one else. Only her.

'Are you sure you're not forcing yourself right now?' is what he wants to say, but his mouth just wouldn't say the words.

Why didn't he just pull his hand away? No clue. If he did, then everything would be solved. 

Unsure if was just his imagination or if was actually happening, but, it felt like their hands were becoming warmer and warmer. Maybe it was just imagination, maybe it isn't. Maybe it was just him becoming more and more conscious of it, or maybe it wasn't.

It's quite the hot summer day, the sun is out and being as annoying as ever, so, adding more warmth to that would normally suck, but, not this time. It's like temperature had froze like how time stops(not that it actually does) and now there is no extra heat.

"Your hands sure are warm, Aiba-san," He says, finally thinking of something to say. Although, it's probably not the best thing to say, but it's still something. They just need something to move this conversation along. They just need something to cover up the silence.

"Huh? Ah, It's my first time holding someone's hand, so... I'm a little nervous. I'm sorry if they are sweaty."

"Ah, no no no! That's not what I meant!" He lets go of her hands and starts waving them in front of him, gesturing that he really didn't mean it as she thought he did. "I didn't mean it like. Really. I should be the one saying sorry. I bet my hands are like really really sweaty." 

"No, they aren't sweaty. They are very warm and... hard," She looks down with a soft smile. "You must be working out a lot to make it like this," She looks up at him.

"Not really. I don't do it that much anymore. School sure gets you busy, don't you think?" He lets out a soft giggle.

"Yes. Having to do the homework and then having to study. It can take up a lot of time,"

The two laugh. 

After that, they managed to get more conversations flowing. The silence from before disappeared. But, just barely. Of course, they're still walking hand-and-hand.

Just like that, they finally made it to school. Those 10 minutes of walking felt like an hour.

As they walk along the sidewalk, the students in front of them look at the two surprised. 

Both Kanade and Daisuke were confused but continued until they passed the school gate. That's where it gets worse.

A large gasp escape the onlookers mouth as they turn back to look at them, with their hands covering their mouths. No one moved. Everyone was frozen. It was like Daisuke and Kanade were royalty or something. I mean, it's not too far from the truth.

All the eyes were on them as they walk towards the door. Some were whispering. some were just staring. 

What's going on? Daisuke thought, looking all around him. 

It isn't normally like this. Everyone is acting weird today. 

Kanade and Daisuke enter the building and as they make their way to their lockers, the whispers and stuff became more apparent. Maybe it was because the wind wasn't canceling any noise anymore and keeping the sound enclosed in one place, but it was now harder to ignore them. It was really starting to make Daisuke uncomfortable. Kanade on the other hand, was starting to understand what was going on and because of that, had a small smirk on her face. Unlike, Daisuke, She's actually enjoying this quite a bit.

Daisuke couldn't see all the people, but their stares were strong enough to somehow him feel as though he could actually see them.

Seriously, What's going on?!

26