Chapter 5: The Rumors Continue
544 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After long, boring lessons, it's finally lunchtime! 

Yuji turns around just as the bell rings. "Wanna have lunch toge- Oops, never mind~," He cuts himself off from inviting Daisuke. "Why have lunch with a boring young man like myself when you can have it with a cutie," Daisuke tilts his head, slightly not understanding what he's getting at, and so, Yuji uses his thumb to point back at Kanade, sitting there, quietly piling her things away. Like always, people are watching her; One of the effects of her beauty. 

She doesn't seem to mind it. At all. It's like she doesn't even notice it.

She really is popular. Thought Daisuke as he glimpsed over at her. This occurs almost every day- not just sometimes. It's quite the normal reaction though. If there are people as cute and pretty as Kanade, it's only natural for people to stare. Some girls stare in jealousy while others don't. The boys stare, admiring an out-of-their-league beauty that they couldn't imagine having. 

She turns around all of a sudden as if noticing he was staring. Daisuke immediately turns his head away as if he was staring at her in her underwear- which of course he shouldn't have been- not that he was, but it felt like he was doing something he should feel guilty about. 

Now he's pretty much no different from those boys- the ones that pretty much always get caught. 

Kanade looks at him confused, but after looking at him for a few extra seconds just cause she wanted to, she turns away and gets ready for lunch.

Meanwhile, Daisuke is looking out the window, trying to act like he was gazing out the glass window the whole time. 

"What's wrong?" Asks Yuji.

Would you like to eat lunch together?  

Those are the seven words- the single sentence the two, Kanade and Daisuke couldn't say. They both thought and wanted the same thing, but, the words just wouldn't come out. They were stuck in their mouth and just wouldn't leave.

There are some words that shouldn't be said but still leave just like that, but why... why didn't they leave this one time?

Kanade was just embarrassed to ask, while Daisuke thought he should really just not. 

They just started dating yesterday, and he's already held her hand- something that takes weeks for normal couples. 

He doesn't mind the physical contact they had this morning, but maybe... he should lay low for a little. Things have been progressing too fast. If he wants this relationship to continue, he has to follow the natural order for these things.

Kanade leaves the room along with the rest of the students. A big horde of people followed behind her. I probably won't be able to catch up to her. He uses that as an excuse to stop himself. 

He probably won't be able to find her in the big horde of people in the hallway. You can hear all their footsteps from her. That's how many people there are.

He's just trying to lie to himself. He can easily still get her if he gets his butt off his seat and goes after her. Yuji is even allowing him to (not that it really matters.). But no, he remains seated.

With every second she's getting further and further away, but he just stays there.

"Hmm~ Aren't you going to go after Aiba-chan?" Yuji says, looking at the door Kanade just left out of, and then back at Daisuke.

"Uh, n-no. Anyways, wanna have lunch together?" He says with a forced smile, hoping Yuji wouldn't continue on this topic.

"Sure?" 

Yuji is confused whether he should be happy or disappointed. He got himself someone to eat lunch with, but he's not sure how to feel about it. 

Oh, well. Doesn't matter. He thinks, pushing the thought away.

..........

Kanade is sitting in the cafeteria, cheerfully eating the contents of her bento box. 

She's super super happy! Other than the love letter stuff, the day has been wonderful so far. Though she's pretty much forgotten about the letter business, so it doesn't matter.

There are people staring at her, but she doesn't even notice them because of how focused she is on other things; like how she got to hold his hand today!!! It was so warm, it was also quite hard. It seems he works out often. She thought. She hasn't seen him working out ever, though she does wish to him after a workout. The sweat ran down his forehead, glistening in the light. 

Just the thought made her want to see it right in front of her eyes. I bet he'd look so cool. 

She'd also like to hold at least one more time. She wasn't being too greedy was she?

Something new. She never knew this about him. 

Just by holding hands, she was able to learn something new about him.

I want to learn more things about him. She pretty much knows most things she should know about him- like his favourite food; Onigiri, and how he likes easy-to-eat foods that are easy to digest and low calories and so on; much like an athlete. Anyway, in general, she knows many things about him.

It would be nice if we could eat lunch together. 

She really wishes she'd asked. But one, she's too embarrassed to, and two, she doesn't mind. It's all about patience and time. They only just started dating. She can't expect him to already eat lunch with her. Or can she?

One day. One day they'll eat together. That she knows for sure. 

As she continues to happily eat her scrumptious meal, a couple of girls walk up to her.

Three girls. One in the front, the other two beside her, one on the right and one on the left.

This is exactly what you'd see in a movie; when random girls come up to that one girl and start giving her trouble. In other words, bullies.

Except, these girls aren't bullies and they have no intention of giving Kanade trouble. 

The girl on the right takes the lead and steps forward. "U-um, can we sit next to you?" She asks, embarrassed.

The other girls nod from behind her, shy.

"Of course." Kanade doesn't know these girls, but why does that matter? To be kind to someone doesn't mean you have to know who they are.

They take a seat across from her, still in the same order as before. The person in the front is in the middle and the other two are on both sides of her. 

Even from where they're sitting, they could feel eyes of envy coming from all the other girls and students in the cafeteria. 

This makes the three girls a little nervous. 

Unsure of what to say, there is a silence between them all. 

Kanade looks up at them after taking another bite from her bento. She thought they would ask her something. But they haven't. Which wasn't that strange as there weren't many seats open in the cafeteria. Maybe they were just looking for a place to sit.

The one in the middle has long blonde hair that touches a little below her shoulders, the one on the right has blue hair that's in a pigtail, and lastly, the one on the left has short white hair that reaches her face.

The one in middle is the pretty type, the one on the right is the cute type you would want to protect, and the one on the left is the cold-but-sweet type.

They're just staring at Kanade. 

"Um, would you like some?" She asks, offering her bento.

The envious stares become more intense. 

"W-we're alright," Says, the pretty girl in the front.

They take out their bento's from behind them.

"Is that all you are going to eat?" Says Kanade to the girl on the right.

She is currently sucking on a lollipop.

"I don't really eat much-"

"That's not good! You have to eat properly or else you won't be healthy." She smiles at her. "Here. Open wide." Kanade holds a tamagoyaki between her chopsticks and brings it closer to her.

"E-eh?!" They all say in unison. The cute, pigtailed girl flushes light red. After a couple of seconds, she concedes. "O-okay... Ah~" The girl opens her mouth, and Kanade places the yellow square in her mouth. "Woah, it's good." 

"M-me too!" The girl in the middle says, raising her hand. 

Kanade smiles at her gently and feeds her as well. 

"I-I would like some too..." The girl on left says, shyly.

And, like she did to the other girls, she kindly feeds her. 

All her tamagoyaki are gone now. She lets out a soft giggle. 

Her polite and kind personality was another reason to her popularity. Whether it be students or teachers, they all loved her. Well, the love was different between the two(teachers and students), but in the end, they both thought of Kanade as great person.

Kanade now continues to eat her own lunch.

An indirect kiss!! The trio thought as her chopstick entered her mouth.

"Um... Kanade-sama?" The blondie says.

"Sama?" Her eyes, widen, surprised. 

"Oops! I mean, Kanade-s-senpai..."

"Yes?" She smiles, putting her chopsticks down.

"I-Is it true you're dating Igarashi-senpai?" 

14