CHAPTER 21 : Yuu’s Turn for a surprise Breakfast!
130 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After their long and peaceful slumber, arm in arm. Yuu was the first to wake up, and had immediately done what Aoi said to do only when they're alone. That is, stare at her sleeping face.

𝘔𝘮𝘮….. 𝘧𝘶𝘶𝘶…..~

Yuu stared at Aoi's sleeping face and listened to her light breathing by her side, and had finally realized something he wanted to do.

𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵… 𝘐 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘵….

Yuu was already free from her, he thought that either Aoi had moved away from his arm, or Yuu took his arm away whilst sleeping. Since this had happened, Yuu only had one problem— that is, to silently exit the bed without waking her up. 

That being said, this was not that much of a hard task, Yuu easily and silently exited the room without waking her up. 𝘚𝘩𝘦'𝘭𝘭 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘰… he thought to himself as he walked downstairs and headed to the bathroom. There he washed his face and hands as a personal hygiene, and headed straight to the kitchen.

He took some equipment out necessary for the breakfast he's gonna be preparing.

𝘓𝘦𝘵'𝘴 𝘴𝘦𝘦… 𝘐 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴 that 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬…

He thought to himself as he put on his apron, thinking about Aoi's preferences. On a single day they had spent, Yuu carefully observed her preferences, and had noticed she takes light portions of food, probably to keep her diet and body in shape.

"Well then—!" Yuu stretched his arms and started working on the breakfast as he immediately prepared two plates for them.

"Alright…." Yuu carefully plated the contents of the breakfast, beautifully placing it, making it look perfect, yet easy to dig on.

After he had done so, Yuu took out his apron and walked upstairs, straight to their room. There he found Aoi still sleeping now on her back, completely exposing her body… well, her pajamas…. But, Yuu paid no mind to this and went straight to her face, and knelt to level himself to it. There, he poked her cheeks softly and whispered to her loud enough so that she could probably wake up.

"Aoi, it's morning. Let's go…"

"Nnn… I'm awake… I'm awa....ke....." Aoi continued to mumble as she went back to slumber.

"Aoi…. We're gonna be late." Yuu however lifted her back up by her shoulder and shook it side by side, basically forcing hr to wake up.

"Nnn…. Good....morning…." Aoi rubbed her sleepy eyes as she greeted Yuu in front of him.

"Mm. Good morning, Aoi. I'll be waiting at the kitchen, in the meantime, you tidy yourself up and probably stretch your body if you need to. I'll come back up if you don't come down in 5 minutes, okay?" Yuu gave her a mouthful as he walked to the door.

"Yeah, I'm awake. Thank you." Aoi said and placed her legs to the side of the bed and immediately stood up as Yuu exited the room.

Just after a minute or so, Yuu heard footsteps came from the stairs.

"Oh? That was quick."

"Mm. What time is it?" Aoi was still scratching her eyes and yawning while walking towards the kitchen.

"It's around 6:30, we have plenty of time, so don't rush yourself." Yuu stood up and walked towards her

That being said, even though she was still half asleep while scratching her eyes and yawning, she was already tidied up, along with her hair fixed as much as she could.

"That being said, you should wash your face before eating." Yuu held her shoulders and turned her 180° and guided her towards the bathroom.

Aoi then headed towards the sink and washed her face as Yuu stood by the door, fiddling with his smartphone. Once Aoi had finished, she wiped her face with the face towel by the side and now looks as fresh as she would.

"Then, shall we eat? Breakfast is ready."

"Eh? Yuu cooked for me? You shouldn't have!" 

"It's fine, it's fine. I wanted to cook because it's fun, anyways…."

"Th-Then, if you say so…."

The two chatted as they walked towards the kitchen and sat down.

"This is…."

"An American style breakfast. I saw that you take in light portions, so this should be good for you. And a light and fluffy pancakes if you want."

What Aoi saw was a clean plate of toast with Sunny-Side up eggs atop it, both for her and for Yuu. On a separate plate are light, fluffy, Japanese Souffle Pancakes.

"I see that you have taken my preferences into consideration… but what about you? Yuu likes a large portion for your big appetite, right?"

"Well, I don't really mind changing up what I eat, so it's fine for me." Yuu said as. He calmly sat down with a smile on his face.

"Ehh…. But, I want to even this out!" Aoi exclaimed, "that's why, I also want to know Yuu's preferences!" Aoi loudly exclaimed as she smacked the table and stood up, pushing her face to Yuu as he pulled back.

"Alright, alright. Calm down…." Yuu said as Aoi realized what she was doing and became red in the face.

Yuu's face was really red as well, not hiding any embarrassment. It's a given both would be embarrassed, for they have been only an inch away.

"Then, if you want to know it so badly, look forward to today's dinner."

"But I also don't like that! Yuu's the only one cooking and I feel like I'm only going back to my usual self—" as Aoi was talking, she immediately paused and quickly sat down.

"Aoi?" Yuu realized her sudden pause and became worried immediately. "Are you by chance?...." 

"Uuu…." Aoi sulked

"....an insanely rich girl?!"

"I am already!" 

"Haha, I know, I know…" Aoi immediately stood up after hearing Yuu's comment and started punching him. Although, the punches were so light that it only made Yuu chuckle, he didn't stop there and continued his comment on her.

"...you don't really cook for someone… right?"

"Eh?"

Aoi was dumbfoundedly surprised and froze in her place, in which she slowly returned to her seat a few seconds later.

"H-How did you know?...."

"Well… just felt like you were…." 

"Eh? Seriously?"

"Seriously."

It's true that Yuu didn't know anything much about her, including that, but after hearing her earlier, he felt that she is, after all, she is from a rich family (not like he isn't).

"Well…" Yuu took Aoi's hand that was at the table, and held it. "...I don't really mind it if you are like that, I think it's cute." Yuu said with a smile on his face, which made Aoi as bright as a tomato. 

That being said, Yuu was clearly calm, with just a little redness on his cheeks, but his heartbeat that only he can hear, and he knows is beating so fast the moment he said that.

"G-Geez! Let's just eat!" Aoi sulked while still being a bright tomato, and started slicing her toast with a knife and a fork. The way she ate it is really clean and elegant, which made Yuu wonder if she ate stuff like this before.

"But…" before eating the part she sliced, Aoi spoke up and made Yuu look at him. "...with that, we at least evened out parts that we don't know about each other. We're slowly getting to know each other, aren't we?"

"That's right…" Yuu nodded in agreement, until he realized— "...wait, evened out?" 

"That's right."

"...what did you find out about me without me noticing?" Yuu became curious and stared at her for a bit after asking her.

"Well, it's nothing much, it's just that… you love body pillows to hug at night, don't you?" 

"Eh? What do you mean?" Yuu was dumbfoundedly confused by what she said, so he continued asking to clarify what she said.

"Last night, you used me as your body pillow…." Aoi answered with a devilish smirk on her face.

"Eh?! Seriously?! I'm sorry, it's just…"

"No, don't apologize, I didn't say… I hate it…"

"What do you mean by that?..."

"It is Yuu who is hugging me, so I don't hate sleeping like that. Besides, you had kept me warm, how could I say no to that?"

"Oh…"

This time, it was basically Aoi's counterattack to earlier. Yuu is now pushed to a corner where he became really red and flushed up, while Aoi was just smiling at him with lightly reddened cheeks.

"Well, let's save the talking for later and let's eat breakfast! I want to taste how Yuu makes his breakfast!"

Aoi cheerfully said as she stuffed her mouth with the slice of toast with a slice of egg in it, following with a "𝘐𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘰 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥!!!" with a slightly puffed face while chewing it in. On the other hand, Yuu sighed "𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵…" and stuffed his mouth as well.

"Ah, this is delicious too! It's so light and sweet!" Aoi cheerfully said after filling her mouth with the fluffy Japanese Souffle Pancakes Yuu cooked.

"I see. Oh, and I also prepared our lunch, but I'm not really that confident about it…" Yuu sulked as he placed two containers wrapped with a handkerchief, and placed it on a separate bag.

"Really? Anything Yuu cooks will surely be delicious! I'm looking forward to today's lunch!"

"..." Yuu's face is heated up by Aoi's compliment along with her angelic smile.

...𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨….

"Thank you for the food!"

Aoi finished her meal first, and had placed her hands together and stood up.

"Well then, I'll take my bath first, is it fine?"

"Of course, but… speed it up a bit because we might get late."

Yuu said so after noticing the time. The two had spent so much time chatting over breakfast that they didn't realize they only had about less than an hour left before class starts. After Aoi went to the bathroom to bathe, Yuu picked up the plates and started washing it, placed it on the rack to dry, and prepared his stuff, uniform and all. That way, they should finish up in time to get to school, even on foot.

1