Chapter 2: Magick, an Art & Science
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“The puppeteer pulls the strings of his puppets delighting in the little play he enacts unaware of the invisible strings behind his own back."

Sage of Eridu 18,950 A.M.C


As if reliving another life, Malik re-experienced the memories of the new body he’d acquired from a third person’s perspective. It seemed this body's identity was that of a prince named Bazakian. His most impactful memory seemed to be his first encounter with master Enam, his magick teacher.

* * *

“Tell me, little prince, what do you think magick is?” the teacher asked. 

The young 9-year-old boy lowered his head, thought for a second and then as if he’d found the greatest treasure on earth looked back up to his master with confidence.

“Magick is using mana to cause change in the world,” he answered in confidence and yet with a softness of voice and pitch that betrayed his uncertainty.

“That is what most people think of, little prince, and to some degree, they are partially correct … but such a view is too narrow. 

For this reason, most people fall under spells, completely ignorant that they have been manipulated.

Remember this well little prince, for it may save your life, allow you to take charge of your destiny, and free yourself from the puppet strings of fate.

Magick … magick is the science and art of causing change to occur either within oneself or externally with or without a medium in conformity to one will.

 It can be performed, little prince, without mana or ritual.

“Do you see that book lying across the table over there?” he asked.

“Yes, I do master Enam,” he answered.

“Pick it up from the table and place it next to the vase on your left,” Enam replied.

With great confidence, the young prince walked up to the table, picked up the book and did as he was instructed, and then looked up to his master with a puzzled look on his face.

“Little prince, I have performed magick,” Enam said.

“I desired to have that book move across the table and be placed next to the vase. 

That, little prince, was my will. Using my words, which can be considered an incantation, and without mana I caused this change to manifest in the world.

I used you … little prince, he paused, as my medium to effect the change. And you … had no idea the role you played until now.

This is your first and most important lesson in magick, little Bazakian. 

If you wish to be a master of your own fate, then carve this into your heart. 

The greatest magicians are those that cause the most change in the world in conformity to their will. 

They are often hidden in plain sight practicing the art without mana -- using unaware people as mediums to effect change in conformity to their will or goal. 

Often, their will may not necessarily serve your best interest. So pay attention, little prince.”

The teacher noticed the young prince pondering deeply about his words and briefly paused to allow his teachings to sink in and then continued.

“It is difficult to discern another’s will without closely observing the change they effect on the world. 

Do not be deceived by words or incantations, do not be deceived by smiles or the actions of the people. 

Instead, pay attention to the effect and the change they cause. There lies their true will and goal.

This is the second lesson I want you to carve into your heart, little prince. 

Even the greatest magicians may be carrying out the will of an even greater magician without being conscious of it.

The most insidious kind of enemy is a friend who is unaware that he is one. 

For in thought, expression, and countenance they may have your best interest at heart.

But when their invisible magical strings are pulled, death may come faster than light.”

“Our first lesson in magick ends here, little Bazakian. You have much to learn.”

With that, the teacher rose to his feet and left the young prince in his seat with a pondering look on his face as he mulled over too high a dose of truth.

 

0