V16 – Chapter 194 Malrtis
219 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The first eight mages from the recently recognized Wiccan Coven Institution to the US Army special training taskforce. This task force was created to train native Falmart rebels or native US citizens into the Army. The Army decided to keep the 'Earth Mages' out of the regular training regiment because they believe that standard training would not apply to their unique abilities.

Some believe that the Army has yet to figure out a proper way to fully integrate non-Humans and mages into its ranks, which requires a complete rethink of military organization. It has been reported that the 75th Ranger Regiment has been used as a testbed for finding ways to integrate the natives and non-Humans into the US Military doctrine, as learned from the Congressional hearings last month.

Grand High Witch Verona Soredin of the North American Coven Council, the Witch Coven Institution's governing body, testified to the United States House Education Subcommittee on Civil Rights and Human Services on the ongoing topic of magic and magic rights. This is her fifth testimony to Congress and first with the United Kingdom Parliament alongside Grand High Wizard John Youdan of the New Forest Coven, governing the UK's mage population, since last month's appearance. Other high-level mages from different covens worldwide have made similar or future testimony to their respective governments like in France, Italy, Brazil, and Japan.

The current topic is the role of magical users in society and in the military. Soredin has been the biggest supporter in pushing Wiccan mages to help fight in the war effort. Her argument was that the Empire and its League allies' most considerable advantage was their magic and ability to enchant equipment. Allowing mages into NATO national armies will help deal with the enemy's magic advantage. That if this Congress supports her cause, she promises the North American Coven Council will sway its full support into the war effort." – National Interest

 

 

***

--- Malrtis, Resort ---

Date: May 10th, 2026

 

As Rory looks up at the cloudless beautiful blue sky. It is so peaceful. The only disturbance was the two Italian A-11 Tornados heading north to go hunting. She knows it was the Italians because she remembers Sarah saying that the Italians oversee the northern flank at the staff meetings.

Rory hears Tuka laugh at a joke.

"I don't get it," Lelei said.

"You never do, Lelei," Selina replied.

Rory chucked at what Selina said. She is right; Lelei has always struggled with jokes due to her computer-like thinking. Everyone likes to tease Lelei about it, part of an inside sisterhood joke.

"Anyways, this food is amazing," Tuka commented. "I know I usually prefer meats wrapped with a leaf, but whatever this sauce is makes everything taste great."

"I believe they call it barbecue sauce," Lelei said as she held a shish kebab stick. "I tried some the last time we were on Earth. I loved it."

Rory looks at her sizable spare rib. After an intense battle at Sadera, Colonel Yang ordered Vanguard-7, 2, and 5 and the Rose Knights to Malrtis, a harbor town under Italica’s domain, for forty-eight hours R and R. The city is on the Row Stream. While not as glorious or extensive as Valtris, she considers this town cute. The mood is relaxing as there wasn’t the scale of a larger city bombarding you. There is a sense of peace.

"I wonder how they invented it," Tuka asked with a mouthful.

"Please don't talk with your mouthful. We don't need more bad manners, Rory’s already in the group," Lelei remarked. "I asked Jackson that very same question."

Rory glares at Lelei but is ignored. "And what did he say?"

Lelei finishes her food. "He said five hundred years ago there was a warlord in North America. A Chieftain of the Newzakki Dynasty, Dinoisan the Might. Legend said he came out of an active volcano - ‘Pompeii,’ I think he said. Anyway, he waged a destructive war in the Great Plains, wiping out the ancient forests. A man named Georgia led an alliance against Dinoisan. The ancient tribes of Floridian and New Old Mexico blew up Yellowstone Park to defeat. When they found the body, they discovered that he was not bleeding normal blood, but barbecue sauce. Everyone in the United States eats barbecue sauce to mock Dinoisan and his sins."

There is a short silence before Rory speaks. "I call bullshit on that story. You believe that?"

"Of course not, first off Pompeii was in Europe," Lelei replied as she began eating again. "And I left out the crazy stuff like men riding T-Rex's while jousting at each other. You remember that large monster from the Jurassic Park films."

Rory struggles to believe this. For a serious, principled man, Sharpe is very entertaining in his wild stories. Sometimes she does not know when he is telling the truth or not. However, she loves his bullshit stories, very creative and cute.

"Well, I believe him," Selina states as she cleans her face after eating a sausage.

"Of course, you do," Lelei responded.

Rory smirks, loving her little sister's personality. She knows Selina does not actually believe her father, it’s just fun. "Be careful Selina, men lie. Jackson is a man, so that is a point against him."

"And he is your father," Yao added. "That means he is a double liars."

"I know, but it is funny."

Rory giggled. "I know, and it's why we love them. Now, I have recently learned of a game I like to try. It is called Truth or dare."

"Never heard of it," Lelei said.

Tuka stands up and slams her hands on the table. "I think I read this in one of their papers. Not a book, like people weekly."

"Magazines?" Lelei asked.

"No, that makes no sense," Tuka replied. "How could I read a story from an ammo clip? You are supposed to be the smart one in the group."

"They call those small booklet ‘magazines’ too, Tuka…"

"Oh, sorry Lelei," Tuka said as she sat down.

"Now that you two are done, let's play," Rory said and then points to Tuka. "Truth or dare, pointy ears."

"Truth."

"What taboo do you want that your father would disapprove of?"

Tuka chuckles. "I always wanted a tattoo on my like Alicia and Daisy from Vanguard-5. I find it cute and bad at the same time."

Rory, Yao, and Tuka laugh while Lelei and Selina stare at each other confused.

"Okay, now it is my turn," Tuka said and then points to Lelei with a bone. "Truth or Dare."

There is a long hesitation on Lelei's part as she debates each choice's pros and cons. The group would force her to pick, or they would pick for her. "Truth."

"Do you like muscular men?"

Rory snickers at Tuka's question. She has seen Lelei's reactions when Lelei sees Sharpe(1) and other guys shirtless. At first, she assumed it was Lelei's age; Sharpe is, after all, well built. But she has also seen Lelei blush at many other muscular people.

Lelei sits there and turns red. She looks down. "Yes. I blush at muscular people, both men and women."

"Wait, you like men and women?"

Lelei panics. "No, it's not like that. I like boys. It's just, I am not a physically strong woman, and I see Jackson, Randy, and Alicia. So, I just like seeing muscles."

Tuka rubs the embarrassed Lelei back. Lelei shrivels up as her face turns bright red.

Lelei points to Rory. "Truth or dare."

Rory leans back, giggling. "Easy, truth."

"Because your body cannot grow, what would you change if you could," Lelei said.

Rory is not afraid of this question and expects it. She and Lelei had many conversations on this subject on their bodies.

"Besides the obvious increase in height, I want what the Americans to call a boob job. I want to look more like the sexy empowered woman who embraces the female figure. Having a little bigger boobs, all the male warriors will fall over because of my feminine figure. Isn't that right, Lelei?"

Lelei is embarrassed again. "No. It's not my turn, and why are you dragging me into this?"

"Because you were the one who looked it up and showed it to me on the Internet," Rory said in a smooth tone. Seeing that she embarrassed Lelei again, she glances over Selina, who is scared of her now. "Truth or dare, Princess."

Selina nervously pokes her fingers together. "Truth… No, dare! I don't want to say anything embarrassing."

Rory smirks, seeing that her trap worked. She glances over at Frost, who is teaching Naminto and Mentiv's little brother Jasif American football. "I dare you to kiss Nammato. And you have to do it before we go home."

Selina's eyes slowly widen as her face turns bright red. "No, I want Truth now."

"Nope," Tuka said. "You have to do it now."

Rory watches Selina look over at the boys, panicking. Her motive isn't just to embarrass Selina. Selina never had a positive experience romantically because everything was forced on her. While Selina is too young to date, she wants her to have at least one positive kiss. It will make Selina stronger. While her first kiss was taken from her, she can still have the good first kiss by her choosing. 

Selina pouts and points to Yao. “Truth or dare…”

“Truth.”

“Say something embarrassing about yourself. If I have to do something embarrassing, someone else should have to.”

“You are such a sour loser Selina,” Rory said, finding it adorable.

Yao blushes. “I like to be punished.”

“Punished? Like grounded?”

Rory places her hand over Selina ears so she cannot hear. She then glares at Yao. “How dare you say that in front of Selina like that. Come on. Be more sensitive to her past experience.” Hearing that, she now realized the whole slave thing with Yao is more personal than cultural.

“Sorry,” Yao said.

“I am also confused,” Lelei said. “What do you mean by punished and why are you covering Selina ears?”

“By the Gods, Lelei, you need a boyfriend,” Rory said.

Tuka giggles. “What Yao means is that she enjoys being spanked really hard, whipped and being talked down to like a slave. She finds it thrilling to be hurt in bed. I remember reading it online, they call it BDSM. Gods, the Internet a wonderful place.”

Lelei slowly widens her eyes and blushes as she realizes what they are saying, now imagining everything.

Angry, Selina slaps Rory hand. “Not fair! Why am I the only one who has to do something embarrassing!?”

“Ask her a dare,” Rory said. As Yao begins to protest, she shoots her a glare to shut her up.

“I want you to sing Rose, by Westlife during karaoke night,” Selina dares. “I love singing that while in the shower.”

“What is going on here?” Alicia asks as she walks up. She is wearing military shorts and just a sports bra, enjoying the sun.

“Playing truth or dare,” Selina said. “Can you help me?

“What?”

Selina explains the situation and Alicia laughs. “A chance to piss off the boss, hell yeah.”

“Alicia, truth or dare,” Rory asks.

 

---

 

Andrew begins shuffling the cards, getting ready for the next round. So far he has been winning the gambling match.  

“Let me get that,” Hamilton said. She picks up Andrew's cup and leaves to go refill it.

“I have to say Andrew, you found a keeper,” Sofia said as she sunbathed. “It is like every male fantasy.”

“Hey, that’s the Princess’ servant, and my friend,” Suissesse said.

“A damn good one,” Sofia commented.

“Well, she is not wrong,” Beefeater commented as she sunbathed. “But none of us have forgiven you for what you did to our Princess.”

“Only reason we have not taken action is because we respect your superiors,” Suissesse said. “We gave up a lot and even killed our own friends in Sadera.”

“Knock it off,” Andrew said. “I have heard all the jokes. She has been a servant since she was a little girl. It’s hardwired into her. I think it is her way of showing she cares.”

“Calm down,” Sofia said as she flipped her sunglasses. “Just pulling your leg. I find it cute.” She flips over and looks directly. “I enjoy watching an American rule over a native. That's how it should be after picking a fight.”

Jerry walks by with some ribs. “You sound like such a far-right extremist Sofia.”

“At least I am not segregationist leftists, they hate that Andrew is banging one and hates the President interrogation policies,” Sofia replied. “And we all know that this is how this will be when the war is over. You really think the US will let these people rule themselves? Pina will just be a puppet. They might rule over themselves, but only with our blessing.”

“That does not mean treating them as inferiors that should serve us is good,” Jerry replied. “They are people too. Some are bastards but many just want to live their lives.”

Beefeater raises her hand to get everyone attention while sunbathing. “You realize both Bozes and Panache killed their parents for you guys right? What else do you need for us to do to prove our loyalty? We adopt your clothes, culture, values. Hell, some of us are even banging you guys.”

Besides him and Hamilton, Beefeater is also talking about Bozes and Johnson. Right now they are alone in their guest room, spending much needed quality time. 

“Like Colonel Yang Beefeater?” Hamilton points out in a soft tone. 

“One word I learned from Sharpe and Yang that I love, that is classified,” Beefeater said and then chuckled. 

Sofia gets on Andrew's nerves at times. He gets it, the Empire devastated her home and killed many people she knew so it is more personal. Sometimes he wonders if the only reason he sees the native as people is because of the Girls and Sharpe or because he loves fantasy worlds, so he was biased to liking this world. He just hates it when Sofia degrades Hamilton.

“You need to stop talking about them like they are barbarians, a lot of them have been modernized you know!” Andrew half-shouts, before quickly lowering back his tone of voice.

"These people don't know how cell phones work, Andrew."

"Do you know how a cell phone works?"

Sofia then explains in detail how a cell phone works, how it communicates with towers and satellites. How to take it apart and how to put it back together. This knowledge shocks everyone. "What? I used to steal phones for money. I admit I was in a bad place before my uncle got me out."

"You are full of surprises," Jerry said.

Now Andrew understands why Sofia hates this world. She has thick walls around her, never wanting to talk about her life. She mentioned before that she found out two days after the battle that her uncle was murdered by the Empire. She was in the city, trying to fight back and never knew her uncle was in trouble. The same uncle that was able to get her out of a life of crime and go legit. 

Hamilton walks back and hands Andrew a new drink. After Andrew thanks her, she sits down.

"I will say Suissesse, you all did-." Sofia said before Alicia interrupts.

"Hey all, are you losing again, Andrew?"

"Not this time," Hamilton said. "He can't play if he loses."

"Damn right, girl, keep him in line," Alicia said.

Andrew admits that he hates getting nagged when it comes to gambling. He does not go to casinos and blow tons of money, just small soldier games to pass the time. He understands this is coming from a good place, it just bothers him. "What is going on over there?" Talking about the Girls. "They sound like they’re having fun."

Alicia smirks. "They discovered the age-old teenage girl game; truth or dare. It seems like they are taking it seriously."

"Really? What did you pick?" Andrew asked.

"Truth, I know better than to say dare around Rory," Alicia said. "Selina made that mistake and is paying for it." She chuckles as she smirks. She hears people ask what it was and says they will see. "Anyway, I love men that smell like gasoline. I love it, every bit. Being taken by one, feeling that oil over my body, and that smell drives me crazy. Do you all want to play?"

"Hell no," Andrew said. "I know better than to trust you."

Few of the women laugh, calling the men chicken.

Rory appears, holding her cellphone. "Hey guys, guess what!"

"You discovered a therapist," Scott said.

Beefeater laughs. "You grew past my shoulders?

"Discovered the off switch on the entertainment system?" Alicia said.

Rory looks around as people keep guessing. It suddenly turns into a game. "I hate all of you."

"What is it, Rory? I am listening," Hamilton said.

"Go figure that you be the sweet one," Andrew said. He smiles, loving that about Hamilton. Always being sweet.

"Thank you, I am glad one of my followers is still loyal," Rory said. "Anyway, I got a text from Myuute. She and Miloslav are getting engaged in their home country. She sent me tons of pictures!"

All the female soldiers rush over to Rory and start looking at pictures. They all do a collective 'Aw' and start giggling about how cute the engagement green dress, flowers, the countryside, and more.

“Bailey! I think it is time for you to say something to me,” Delilah yells at Bailey.

“Deli! I think we have time to,” Bailey stops as Deliah looks at him with killer’s intent.  

“Mrs Robison is speaking! Don’t piss her off Captain,” Alicia teases. 

“You better hurry Captain or else she's gonna eat you alive,” Tyuule added as she teases. “We bunnies are not as kind to take a “no” for an answer when it comes to mating.” 

“How do you know I don’t want to be eaten alive?” Bailey said laughing. “We have been through a lot in the past year.” He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small box. He then gets on one knee. “Did you really believe I was not prepared? You only live once.”

Bailey then kneels before Deliah, taking her hand and utters the proposal. “Delilah. Will you be the loving beast that is going with me to the rest of our life? Will you be the strong and caring mother to our twin angels? Will you marry me?”

“Yes yes, you silly dummy. Why did it take you so long to say that,” Delilah tears up from emotion as this is the first time a bunny like her commits herself to a man for the rest of her life. When Bailey stands up, both kiss.

Everyone then cheers for the union of Mr and Mrs Robinson.  

That is when Alicia looks at Andrew. She smirks and glances over at Hamilton. "So, will you do the sacred duty to her now? You did knock her up. Cannot let the boy off free; you do own him now Hamilton.”

"I just assumed we were going to get married because I am with a child," Hamilton said.

"That is the norm for nobility law," Beefeater said. "That was why if a man wanted me, he had to fight me. I always won."

"Damn right, girl," Alicia said.

"Girls unite!" Rory raises her hand, and everyone claps.

Andrew listens and realizes what is coming. Jerry and Frost pat him on the shoulders, all assuring him that the most expensive thing a man must do for a woman, marriage.

"Really, Andrew?" Rory said with an evil tone. "You thought you could get all the goodies without buying dinner? Shame on you." She then laughs.

"I guess we know what kind of man you are," Beefeater states.

"How could you use my friend like that," Suissesse said. "Just remember, we know where you sleep."

Hamilton looks over after moving some hair away from her eyes. "Are we getting married, Andrew?"

Andrew turns red, embarrassed, and feels terrible. He fully intended to propose; however, he was waiting until he found the right ring. He was going through some dead Imperialists during some missions but found nothing he liked. Anything that could be good enough.

"Yes but, I've been waiting to get the right ring. I was hoping with all the rare and fancy crystals, orbs, and diamonds here, I could find one that lived up to your people's standards. I don't know."

"I don't care about that," Hamilton said. She walks back in her dress and sits down, holding his arm. "I just want to get married and serve."

"Damn Andrew," Sofia said. "Cute, modest, obedient, submissive. She is a keeper Andrew."

"Put a ring on it," Jerry said.

Andrew takes a deep breath and kneels before Hamilton and says the sacred vow while holding her hands “Hamilton! I know you think we are going to get married because our child is within you and you want to take care of me but that is not just the main point of marriage. Marriage is more than just having babies or serving your husband. It is about sharing happiness, emotion and overcoming hardship in life together. So Hamilton Uno Ror, will you be the woman of my life that builds our happiness, family  and going through the rest of our life together no matter what life is going through at us? Will you be my Mrs Steele?”.

“Yes, I will my husband”, Hamilton hugs and kisses Steele passionately as everyone cheer.

 

---

 

As the day continues, Sarah watches most people either sunbathing, telling stories, or in the water.

She sees Sharpe continuing his swimming lessons with Lelei and Selina. She always likes seeing Sharpe spending time with the Girls outside the military role. It is essential to develop a social life. It is good practice for when they have a family one day.

"It seems everyone is having a good time," Karlin points out. "It was a good decision to have this day off.'"

"It's called leave, and after what happened at Sadera, I figured Vanguard-7 and the other teams needed a break," Sarah said. "A stressful situation like that can bring down a unit unless addressed. Colonel Yang agreed."

The truth is that Sarah was terrified that Sharpe would fall back into depression after killing that civilian. While she is not convinced, he has not affected him, she is no longer scared he will go back to who he was when they first met. It seems like all that growth he went through has paid off.

"By the way, thank you, Karlin, for going to help."

“It was no problem,” Karlin replied after drinking her tea. “But, let's not make a habit of it. I don’t like going to warzones. My place is here.”

Sarah understands that feeling. She no longer likes going out on missions since the Battle of Havcristen(2), after being taken by Krysist and almost raped(3). Her duty is at base, helping VRTF-2 from the rear but she still went on some frontline missions to assist. For example, Pina’s failed peace treaty attempts and at Havcristen. Now, she has no desire to volunteer to go out. This has been a topic she does not bring up much. “I can agree to that.”

Karlin sips her tea. “Anyway, has your union with Sharpe has bear fruit?”

Sarah looks at the Kitsune, confused by her meaning. “What do you mean?”

Karlin giggles. "You're carrying Sharpe's child. I expect it has changed things for you."

Sarah struggled to understand, stammering around with her words. "I am not pregnant. I am a little late on my period but not pregnant."

"You cannot feel it now, but as an Apostle of Goddess of Fertility, I can sense the life growing within your womb," Karlin states. She then casually drinks from her tea. 

Sarah cannot believe this, but she knows Karlin would not bring this up if she was not sure. She is now convinced that she is pregnant with Sharpe's child, but she is confused about how. She takes the pill, and Sharpe uses a condom. They agreed to be very careful. They intentionally do not share quarters to maintain professionalism, meaning they only had sex a few times. 

"How is this possible… Rory…," Sarah said.

"I expected you to be happy about this; you've wanted a baby from him for a long time now," Karlin said. "And Rory had nothing to do with it. It is not in her interest for you to have a baby with Sir Sharpe."

Sarah takes a moment to collect her emotions. "I am thrilled. Trust me, this is a dream come true. This just comes at the worst possible time. We are both in the Army during a war. This is a big taboo. We are going to get our ass chewed out big time, and Jackson just went through a major experience; I cannot burden him like this."

"You people need to learn to embrace life more, and how dare you to speak like that about your mate," Karlin said after taking another sip. "I had to explain that to your President(4). What is the point in fighting if you have nothing to treasure? Besides, you stay at base all the time, so this shouldn't affect the war."

Sarah places her hand on her belly as her mind races on all over the place. The new possibilities that are coming. She knows Selina will be thrilled. Karlin is right; this is what she wants. It is why she set up the school in Alnus, setting up the future so when she had a child with Sharpe.

She tears up a bit, taking a deep breath to maintain control. "This is what I wanted, but I just don't understand. We were so careful, and if Rory had nothing to do to sabotage the pills or condoms, that means-." She looks directly at Karlin. "You, Apostle of Fertility. What did you do?"

Karlin takes a long sip from her tea. She then sets her cup down. "Life finds a way, Sarah, regardless of how much you try to stop it. That is all."

 

---

 

That night Sarah walks into Sharpe quarters. "Lelei, Tuka, Yao, and Selina are watching Star Wars Episode 1. Rory getting drunk downstairs with Alicia. So, expect some kind of fight."

When she first arrived, she saw Sharpe showing Selina and Lelei something by the open window. She wanted some alone time with Sharpe and recommended watching the first two Shrek movies together. As she put them to get and set up a laptop, she already started feeling the maternal instincts kicking in.

"Off duty," Sharpe responded. "Come check this out."

Confused, she walks over and sees what he is pointing at. It is a star in the clear sky. "Ok?"

"That is the Sol system," Sharpe said, all cheerful. "Before you came in, we were talking about the stars and how it works. How faster than light works and that there could be dozens, if not hundreds of worlds like Earth and Uros."

Sarah holds her arm. "Oh, sorry to interrupt that. I didn't mean you three were into something important."

"Actually, you saved me," Sharpe said. "Lelei was starting to tax my knowledge on the subject. I am not as smart as I thought I was."

Sarah looks at the star and then looks at him. "How are you feeling, Jackson? Killing that mother must have been hard."

Sharpe is hesitant to respond but knows better than to dodge the question from Sarah. "I am fine. It sucks, but I admire her far more than I expected. For one moment, she and I had something in common that transcended our nationalism, what world we came from, politics, the war, and all that shit meant nothing. When she gave me permission, it all became clear."

"Because both of you loved your daughters," Sarah said. "That was enough. See, having a family made you stronger."

Saying that, now Sarag thinks she understands Karlin more. While Karlin didn’t confirm that she did some Apostle fertility spell, she believes Karlin had some hand in it.

It is easy to find something worth dying for; that has been Sharpe's history. But what was he willing to live for? The answer is a family, and because of that, he was able to ruin Zorzal's trap and overcome his past.

"True," Sharpe said. "It is surprising how small things are at first but became important later on."

Sarah smiles and grabs his arm. "Almost like a higher power watching over you."

She expected a negative response; however, she just sees Sharpe looking up at the sky. He lost his faith after Mexico, but it seems those shadows are finally gone. She hopes he regains it one day.

"Is everything ok, Sarah?"

If it were not that she has had Army training and her job is to remain calm while watching intense battles over a screen, she would break down right now. She has run this scenario a thousand times in her head, and all were romantic and easy.

Sarah grabs Sharpe's arm and walks him over to the bed. She sits him down, so he is entirely focused on her. "Ok. So, what do you think about the future between us? I know this has been fun and all-."

At first, Sharpe is confused about how to respond. He then raises his eyebrow, thinking he knows what is happening. "Oh god, you better not propose. If you propose no one will ever let it go that you did it."

Sarah slaps him. "No! You are supposed to do that later! I am talking about starting something between us." She just realized what Sharpe said, that he wanted to. One moment at a time. "I know the Girls have been a big part, and I love Selina like a daughter. But Selina was adopted, we act as legal guardians for Lelei. And the rest. But what about you and my future together? Are you for more?"

Sharpe rubs his cheek. "You actually have a good slap. I have to admit. Note for later.” He winks. “What is going on?"

"Answer the question, Jackson!"

"Look, I am not playing this game, Sarah," Sharpe said. "I love you deeply. I am in this for the long haul. When I am out there I know everything is fine because you always have my back. If there is something wrong, please don't put me through the fifty-question game."

Sarah does not find that romantic at all but sees his point. She usually is direct and efficient in how she communicates, part of her Army training. Sharpe is about to keep digging, trying to find out her secret. "I am pregnant, Jackson."

Sharpe sits there. It takes him a moment to process what Sarah just said. "Ho … how? Do you still have the test?"

Sarah shakes her head. She understands his confusion, how careful they were that this should have been impossible. "I have not taken a test yet. Karlin told me, she said she could sense it with her Apostle abilities."

"Wait," Sharpe said. "

"I know; this is a shock to me too," Sarah mumbles as she wipes some tears away. "The military is going to get pissed, and I know we planned to take this to the next level after the war. I know there is a lot on your shoulders right now and-."

Sharpe grabs her arms and pulls her on him. He gives her a kiss.

Once done, Sharpe looks directly at Sarah. "This is nothing but great, Sarah. Don't worry about anything else. The Girls are going to love this. This is perfect."

"Perfect? How? Are you not worried about the consequences?"

"Not at all," Sharpe said. "It is good to bring in life for once. Besides, I can think of some positive consequences, like now I don't have to worry about being safe." He then winks at her and then brings her down into the bed.

Sharpe moves on top of her, holding her close so their faces are close together. He gives her a deep kiss. “This is what is going to happen Sarah. We are not going to see this as a negative thing, regardless what the manual says. You and I work great together. You and I are going to get married, we are going to have that family you wanted. We are going to make a life here, starting with this one. We started as a team and we will take whatever that he throws at us together. Sarah, I want you to be Sarah Sharpe and be by my side.”

Sarah looks at Sharpe brown eyes, she can see the passion. She can tell Sharpe been reading more relationship books, trying to make this relationship work. Out of everything she liked, she liked how he did not asked question but took control. “You won’t give me a chance to say no?”

“Harper always said never let go of a good thing. Besides, I am not getting off you unless you agree.”

“He was a good mentor.”

Sharpe chuckles. “Well, he was talking about whisky at that time but I think it applies here to.”

Sarah tries to move and realizes she is trapped. She is fine with that, enjoying the moment. She grabs her dress and takes it off. After a long kiss, she brings him down. “To now and to heaven, together at last.”

Sharpe takes off his pants and Sarah's legs. Both kiss again, enjoying their union.

 

 

***

--- Malrtis, Resort ---

Date: May 11th, 2026

 

Sarah is standing up by her booth. Sharpe is beside her. She decided to be the one who made the news, not trusting Sharpe. Knowing him, he would turn the announcement into some crazy story or add extra details. However, because he is the one in charge, she let him open.

"I heard many announcements today," Sharpe said. "Congratulations to Andrew and Bailey for proposing to your better halves. I still remember when Andrew introduced Hamilton to poker after that attack on Sadera(7), where he got his ass kicked."

"I was being nice and letting her win," Andrew said.

"That is sweet," Hamilton replied, holding his arm.

"He is lying," Scott said. "You actually beat him."

"Also, I am proud that Bailey, you finally became a real and true man, and I thought you were gonna keep wearing a dress forever," Sharpe said.

Bailey stands there and laughs, holding up his beer bottle. "Be pleased, Colonel. If I'm going to wear a dress for the rest of my life, Deliah does not deserve me! She and the twins need a warrior of their life, not a wimp." He embraces Deliah with a kiss.

“Damn right,” Sharpe responded.

Sharpe then continues on his short speech, stating how proud he is. He said some sweet things about Hamilton, how loyal she is, and willing to go into danger regardless of her safety, making her strong. He also mentioned how Delilah has been part of the unit since freeing Tyuule. She has helped the Rangers at every chance she could, both at the bar and on the field. 

 

Sharpe finished the speech by stating that everyone here has been at the forefront of this war.  While many people on this team are from different worlds, they showed they can put aside their differences and come together—a team of firsts.

Everyone from the three Vanguard teams and Rose Knights holds up their alcohol and yell 'Sharpe's Rifles.'

Sarah enjoyed his speech. She is always surprised by him. But it all makes sense; Vanguard Rapid Task Force 2 (VRTF-2) or nicknamed Sharpe's Rifles, has become a very untraditional unit. The other VRTF's have experienced similar situations, but VRTF-2 takes the cake. She knows it is because of how different Sharpe's leadership style is.

In many military stories, the hero usually does his thing and usually breaks military regulations and doctrine. He gets away with us because he is either the main character or because the end justifies the means. She is happy that Sharpe did not end up like that, still following the rules like an officer should; he found his own way to fulfill his oath. So he doesn't have to pick one or the other. 

"Now, I want to introduce Captain Rose."

Sarah takes Sharpe's place. "First thing I like to say is congratulations."

"As you all have noticed, the past two days have been a time for us to bond. As we know from these two couples, many of us have found other ways; other people have found their own reason to continue fighting."

As she speaks, she glances over at Johnson and Bozes at their own booth. Then at Scott and Persia. The last one is Frost and Mentiv. All found love and romance in their world, and as Rory always says, love is the key to victory.

"First off, I like to say this, I know I run VRTF-2 logistical network, I am here outside of the military. I want you all to know I am here if you need it. My job is to help you in any way I can, and I take pride in that. It is not just a job to me; we're family. Regardless if it is on or off the battlefield."

Sarah understands it is essential for a soldier to have a focused state of mind when in battle. If the soldier is distracted because of domestic issues back home, it could get him or her killed. That is why she said that, so Andrew, Bailey, Frost, and anyone else who has worries can have peace of mind. Besides, she meant every bit of it. 

"Our little group is growing, so I like to add something else to it. Sharpe and I are going to have a baby. I just found out last night. Sharpe proposed last night, and we will be getting married." Sarah said proudly. 

The entire audience stuns at the announcement and cheers as loud as they could for Sharpe and Sarah.

"I am going to have a sibling!" Selina jumps in joy, and she rushes and hugs Sarah. 

"Yep, that right, sweetheart," Sharpe states.

"Thank you, Dad, for doing this to Sarah…, oh, I mean Mom," Selina utters the words as she looks at Sarah, her new mother.  

Sarah feels warm in her heart that Selina is now officially her daughter and can grow a family together with her and Sharpe. Everything she has fought for for almost two years is finally coming true.

"Well, Sarah, you, me, and Hamilton are gonna be what you humans call bump buddies," Delilah cheerfully said.

"Never though, a mama bear who is so strict about birth control for the whole group now ends up carrying a life within her. Ironic but adorable, but life is funny like that," Tyuule wisecracks. 

“I know,” Sarah replied. “I am going to take so much crap for that.” She then points to Sharpe. “What about him? He broke the rule too.”

All the women look at each other. “Yeah, were not dumb enough to hold a guy who fights Apostles to that standard.”

"So colonel, when will be the time for us to become bridesmaids?" Lelei asks.   

"When my wallet lets me," Sharpe said.

 

--- 

 

Selina sits in her booth nervously. With her is the batboy Jasif and farmboy Naminto. Her father allowed her to bring one friend, Naminto, while Jasif came with his older sister Mentiv. 

Both of them have become her best friends outside of her sisters Leli, Rory, Tuka, and Yao. Before her father helped make her popular with the other children in Alnus(5), they are her two first friends. 

"So you are going to have a brother or sister now?" Naminto asked.

Selina heard Sarah's announcement and was so happy. She has been telling Karlin that she wanted a family, just like the one she lost. She was so pleased hearing Sarah is pregnant, which means they are getting married. She is getting what she wants -, a new family.

"I think so," Selina replied. "Sharpe is my daddy, and both of them are dating. If Sarah is a mommy now and they are getting married, and that means I am having a sibling and-."

"Selina, you are rambling again," Naminto said.

Selina is embarrassed. When she gets excited or scared, she rambles. "Sorry."

"It's okay. It’s kind of funny," Naminto said.

"But it is cool you are going to have parents again," Jasif said.

"Thank you," Selina said. "I am going to start calling her mom now. She has been acting like one for a while now."

"Also, as momma said, we are family too," Selina said. "If you two ever need anything, just ask, okay?"

Just like what Sharpe and Sarah did for her, Selina wants to help her friends. Many of them are victims of some kind. Her father said she had to watch over Naminto, and as Princess, she understands she has a responsibility to help, watch over, and lead her new group of friends. So, they don't get in trouble and grow up to be responsible adults. 

Naminto's family was murdered by Lord Lashin to punish her father for not surrendering her. He had nowhere else to go, so Karlin took him in. Since then, she has been helping him, being his friend, introducing him to American culture(8), like Sharpe did with her.

Jasif was kidnapped by the Empire to help in the war. The Empire has been using Bats' eyes to help see in the dark, just like night vision goggles. He was freed during an attack by Camp Galileo as some child-soldiers kidnapping Tarren's, the name for people from Earth her friends have been calling them.  

"What did you think of that game Scott showed us?" Jasif asked.

"I liked it," Naminto replied. "I really liked tackling."

"Really? I like catching the ball and flying away with it," Jasif said.

"That is because you have wings," Naminto said. "That was cheating." He then looks over at her. "Why didn't you want to play?"

Naminto had to ask her a second time. "I am sorry. I just didn't want to get tackled. It seemed like a boy thing. But I enjoyed watching."

"I do like to ask Naminto, how is living with Karlin?" Selina asked.

Because Naminto has nowhere else to live, he and other orphans live with Karlin at her temple. Karlin has been making sure no more kids are kidnapped and turned into brainwash slaves. 

The President agreed to Karlin's proposal to build the Columna Lactaria temple, named after an ancient Roman facility that helped poor mothers and orphans. While it is a temple for Maritta, Karlin agreed to be religiously neutral so all faiths could use it. 

Selina goes to the Columna Lactaria after school all the time. When her father and now mom are at work, she stays with Karlin and Noriko. Helping out at the facility, learning the actual teaching of Maritta, and baking. With her title as Princess, she has become somewhat a leader among many of her friends.

"It is fine," Naminto replied. "She is very nice, and I love her cooking. It reminds me of my mom."

"At least you can remember your mom," Jasif said. "My dad was drafted into some demi-human militia to help see at night when I was little. I cannot remember what he looks like. My mom died from a bad winter. My sister has been acting like my mom."

"But do you like Frost?" Selina asked. "He seems like a nice man."

"I like him more now," Jasif said. "He has been teaching me many Earth things like cards and catch. I wonder if that is what a father does."

"I saw that one name playing cards," Naminto said. "Can we try?"

"Yeah," Selina said, smiling. "We can play Goldfish. Let me get my cards." She gets up from her seat and rushes over to Andrew, knowing he had cards on him.

After Andrew hands her his deck of cards, she feels her phone vibrate. She grabs it and sees thirteen text messages from Rory, Tuka, and Alicia. Each shows emojis, pictures, and videos of kissing and a warning for her not to forget her dare. Seeing this, she turns bright red.

Selina was hoping that they would forget. She walks back over to her friends. When she gets there, both of them look at her, confused.

"Are you ok, Princess Selina?" Naminto asked.

Selina wants to reply but is unable to find the words. "I am sorry, but I have to. It is a dare."

"What? I am confused."

Selina then kisses Naminto on the lips. 

 

--- 

 

 

Everyone is at the main dinner event. Sharpe is sitting at a corner table as he watches his Rangers and Knights enjoy themselves. With him are Randy, Pina, Sarah, Myui and her two sisters Elle and Loui.

From what Sharpe understands, both sisters were married off when they were young, as per custom. Elle was married to House Roen while Loui to House Misshan(9). When Italica was besieged by bandits, they requested their husband to send troops to help their sisters, but they refused. 

When Italica seceded and joined NATO, they disowned Myui for siding with the enemy. Still, when Myui sent them the letter explaining Court Formal's demise's circumstances, they tried to test the validation of the letter as they knew that their father was always at odds with the Imperial government regarding demi-human treatments but he was always loyal. They managed to invite Herm to the house party and drunk him to the point that he accidentally spilled out that he was the one that killed Formal. 

The sisters swore revenge, but their husbands found out and tortured them. Wanting revenge, they had been secretly sending letters about House Roen and Misshan activities in the Imperial government to Myui delivered by Formal House's faithful butler Batholomew to support the NATO war effort. However, their husbands found out and wanted to kill them, but Batholomew came and rescued them. He succeeded in saving them, but at the cost of his life, as he bravely fought back their husband's troops sent to capture them to buy time for them to escape. 

Myui built a grave for Bartholomew near her fathers' grave as gratitude for his action. Bartholomew treated Formal like a father when Formal saved him from a life of slavery after he was captured by a bandit to be sold in the slave market when he was young. 

This was the story they explained for the last thirty three minutes. Everything Sharpe hears just proved why this world is so messed up. A system built on screwing each other over. But, he is always shocked to find honoral men, regardless if they are friend or foe.

Sharpe rubs Sarah back, reassuring her after she made her speech. The reaction is what he expected. Harper always said never underestimate the future as no one knows what it will bring. Those words never were more real. 

"I am happy for you two, really am," Randy said. "I was in Iraq both times my wife was pregnant. I missed all of it, even the birth. While I am happy for serving my country, it has been one of my regrets, missing out on those early years." 

"I am sorry to hear that," Pina said. "I guess I never thought about it like that. I just assumed male soldiers were happy to go off and fight. Happy to leave their wives and children because child-raising is a woman's work."

"That is a stereotype," Randy said. "Men like to go fight because we think there is something worth fighting for. Trust me, I had boys under my command always talking about their wives or girlfriends while on deployment. I wish I got a chance to see my kids grow up. I was just blessed that I had an amazing wife who raised our kids."

Randy leans back as he holds his cigar. "Let me tell you something from an old man like me; I am happy for both of you. It is easy to get boiled down in the regulations. 

"They are there for a reason," Sharpe said. "It hurts combat effectiveness."

"Plus, I just did a massive meeting with all the female troops," Sarah said, holding her head. "They are going to crucify me bigtime." 

"I know," Randy replied. "The rules are designed to maintain unit cohesion. But it is not enough to just fight for a flag. The government seems to understand that by allowing us to marry natives. The Courting Regulations. The military might see Sarah's pregnancy as not ideal, but I think it will be fine."

"If you think that, Sir Randy," Myui said. "I wonder if my father was thinking about me when he went to Earth."

"I guarantee it, Countess," Randy replied. "I do all the time."

This is why Sharpe likes Randy, full of wisdom and experience. Even though he is an officer, all officers know to respect and listen to a Sergeant Major. When they speak, everyone listens. 

"Thank you, Sergeant Major," Sharpe said after taking his cigar out of his mouth.

"I hope the brass sees it like that," Sarah said. "I never planned on making a career in the Army, but I don't want to abandon any of you. I meant everything I said up there."

Sharpe places his arm around Sarah to show support.

"I don't think anything will come from it," Randy said. "Just like everyone else early on, sirs, I was skeptical of you, Colonel. You broke many regs early in the warlike helping those villagers, helping Selina, and helping Italica."

Myui leans forward, shocked. "Wait, it was against your rules to help us?"

"That is correct," Sarah said. "You were still considered an enemy city at the time. Sharpe put US soldiers in danger to help you, for good reasons. Going inside your city was the safest option because of that bandit army. Still, it was not proper doctrine."

"But that is my point," Randy said. "Sharpe, I saw early on that you learned one important lesson from the War on Terror, to give a damn. By investing in these people, getting involved, you helped our country to invest in this world. We feel like we have a stake in the success, and it's not just this far away war. If what you said is true, Karlin or Maritta had a helping hand; no way the brass can get that mad at you, but that leads to the larger point, you and the rest of us have a reason to fight for these lands."

"That is very nice," Pina said.

Sharpe liked what Randy said. It is true that has been his plan from the beginning. It was a gamble, and the truth was he did it for selfish reasons. He needed a reason to live, and that was the path he decided on. He had no idea it would have evolved to this point.

Sharpe is glad that Randy saw what he was trying to do early on. He explains why he always had his back, even though the team was disunified at the time. Hearing that made Sarah feel better. 

"Thank you," Randy said. "I also wanted to bring up your school Rose. The same idea, invest in the community here. You have something here, building roots. How you have a personal reason to win."

"True," Pina said. "It was the standard policy of the Empire to move villagers to conquered regions. The soldiers felt like their sacrifice was worth it, and this allowed the Empire to justify the claim."

"The same thing throughout human history on Earth," Sharpe added. "Once one faction takes over another, they move in. Even in modern times, Israel moved people into the Sinai Peninsula in the 1960s and most recently Russia with Crimea."

After saying that out loud, he realized the US will do the same. Alnus and the surrounding areas are US territory, and how important this region is, it probably will end up as a State in the future. 

With the Courting Regulations, this seems to be the US policy, establish peaceful roots so the locals feel happy and part of American society. The best way to do that is to create babies. While it is not ideal what Sharpe and Sarah did, it could be part of the US long-term strategy for annexing the region. Rumor has it that Italica and Valtris want to join Alnus for protection and economic reasons.

"Why do you bring this up, Randy?" Sarah asked. "I know you are getting to the end of your career in the Army. And please, no need to be former here.":

Randy takes a long puff from his cigar. "When the war is over, I am thinking about doing what you are doing, Sarah. I think Alnus would be a great place to retire when the war is over. And I will spend the rest of my time with my wife and kids. I was going to retire before the war began. My wife understood I couldn't, and that makes her an amazing woman."

"Wow," Pina said. "I sometimes forget you people have lived on Earth. She sounds like an amazing woman."

"She is."

"They usually are," Sharpe added.

Elle looks at all the Rangers, unable to believe what she sees. "You people are very different from the Empire’s propaganda. I see why my sister Myui likes you all."

"What is the Empire’s propaganda?" Sarah asked.

"That you people have been enslaving the locals, forcing them to do your will," Loui, Myui's other sister, said. "Basically all the worst things you can think of."

"Wow, who knew the Empire was telling the truth." Sharpe noticed Myui's two older sisters gasp like they realized everything the Empire said was right. Sarah tried to explain not to listen to him, but he stopped her. "Look, there is no point in lying to them. We just set up a Starbucks and a Mcdonald's in Alnus. If overpriced coffee and food that makes you drop an A-Bomb in the bathroom isn't a crime against humanity, then I don't know what is."

For many people, watching fast food gives them an unpleasant experience and must go to the bathroom for a long period of time after consuming it. The sisters stare at each other, not knowing the context but know it is something scary.

Randy, Sarah, Pina, and Myui laugh while the other two sit confused. Both realize Sharpe was joking but don't get it.

Over in the distance, Sharpe sees Selina rushing back to her table. He can see something is wrong. She stops at Naminto.

Sharpe likes Naminto, a friendly kid. Many boys his age are usually aggressive or lacking control; however, he can see his father raised him right. Working family work ethic. While he is happy Selina has more friends and has been able to stand toe-to-toe against the bigger boys, he is still worried. That is why he likes Naminto; he feels like he does not have to worry that he would do something inappropriate. 

Thinking that, he noticed Selina kissing Naminto. Without hesitation, he stands up, but Sarah grabs him and forces him back in his seat.

"Sit."

"Didn't you just see that?"

"It is a truth or dare game, that is all," Sarah explained. "Just a cute girl game. Don't interfere."

"But -." Sharpe stops as Sarah gives the 'don't cross me' glare.

Randy laughs. "Don't worry about it. My daughter did games like that all the time. Same with my wife when she was young. Don't turn it into something else."

Sharpe does not like this, but he has learned to trust Randy and Sarah. Randy has been a parent for fifteen years and decides to trust his judgment. 

He looks over at Myui. "Rumor is that you are pushing for unification."

"I don't see why not," Myui said. "In the beginning, I wanted my town to be independent, but that is a fool's dream. That world around me would never allow that. For my people to have a long-term future, we need to be like Alnus."

As Myui explains her plan on how she wants Italica to become part of the US, like Alnus, he noticed that her sisters are not thrilled with the idea but remain quiet. While he does not fully understand nobility laws, it must be strange for the youngest sister to be ruler while the two older sisters must accept her will.

As politics start, Sharpe tunes out and notices Tuka singing the song "The Power of Love." He is always surprised how good she can sing, but it is mostly thanks to her worshiping of the goddess of music, Lunayur. He wonders once the war is over and her people are safe that she will start a music industry career. She probably will be successful. She has the looks and voice.

Sharpe then noticed Rory no longer part of the crowd. She is one of the most social butterflies he knows, so someone has to be wrong when acting like a loner. With Tuka singing, he expected her to be on the dance floor, teasing the guys and showing off. He gets up and walks over, and offers a large beer mug.

After Rory accepts, he sits down. "What is wrong, Rory? I expected you to be on the table over there trying to start a fight or dancing."

"Yeah, you would think," Rory said and took a long drink. "I just don't feel it."

Sharpe wraps his arm around her. She started acting like this right after Sarah made the announcement that she is pregnant. Both of them have had a strange relationship, showing a special bond. However, there are too many differences for a romantic relationship to work. That does not mean they have not become best of friends.

"You know Rory, you are one of my best friends," Sharpe said. "There have been very few people I let in this close. That first night when you tried to frame me for drugging you for inappropriate reasons(6), I knew this was going to be a fun ride."

"I still have not forgiven you for that. You weren't supposed to call me out on my trap."

Sharpe still remembers that night. He was holding his Colt M1911, debating on how he should do. At that point, he did not see a future and was struggling to find the strength to move forward. Rory appeared as she always did and forced him to face his demons.

When some of his team arrived to see what was going on, she tried to pretend to say that he seduced her, tricked her for evil intentions. Defying logic, he agreed with her and claimed it was the easiest jail-bait, shocking here. She spent the next hour yelling at him, explaining what he is supposed to say; otherwise, her manipulation would not work.

"Then don't be an easy target, sweetheart."

Rory takes a deep breath. "I am sorry. This should be a special moment. I am happy for you two; it just reminds me that I never will have that. I can do everything a man does, but as a woman, I cannot do the one thing a woman can do, have a child. It has made it impossible to ever find real love. That is a curse of being an Apostle and soon be God. I might end up like Hardy someday when all my human emotion is faded away when I transcend".

Sharpe understands what Rory means. Being nine hundred and sixty-two years old, it must be hard to be so alone. Once she is done with this world, it is over, with no one to carry on her legacy: nothing to feel attached to and, most importantly, no miracle of life. 

In his opinion, it is a flaw in the Gods of Uros, not allowing Apostles to have offspring, even if they are offsprings of mortals. He sees it as the same mistake the Jedi made in the Prequel Star Wars trilogy. No attachments, hard to properly live life. 

"We've been through a lot, Rory, and I want to make sure you understand this; I love Sarah," Sharpe said, holding Rory close. "I intend to marry her. We are going to have a family, but that is not all. Rory, I love you very much too. I wouldn't be here if it was not for you; you have a special place in my heart."

"What about Sarah?"

"Sarah understands that. She considers your family Rory and I do too. You are part of our lives, so never think less of that."

"I know, and it has been fun-."

"I am still speaking, Rory, please," Sharpe said, not wanting this to go off track. "Last night, Sarah and I had a long talk on where things will go. I have a proposal for you, and I want to stress that I personally want you to take it."

Rory looks at Sharpe with confusion. "I don't understand." 

Sharpe looks down at her and smiles. "With our new baby, I want you to be the baby godmother. You know what that is, right?"

 "I read about it," Rory said. "It means I have a role in the spiritual growth and development of a child."

"Correct," Sharpe said. "Furthermore, I also want you to be the legal child guardian, meaning you will have a say in the child's growth and be able to spend time with the baby. This also means that you are the child's second mother."

Rory blinks, trying to make sure she fully understands. "So, that means I am going to be a mother?"

"Correct. If I didn't have a target on my back before, which I did, that just means I have a bigger one now. It would mean the world to me if you were there. I would like you to be with our kid. When I mean our, that includes you."

Rory smirks. "You just don't want to change diapers." 

"And your point is?"

Rory laughs. She stands up and hugs Sharpe, giving him a kiss while crying in joy. "Thank you very much. Thank you so much!. I always wanted to be called mommy, and now my dream is coming true; I will be a mother, a true mother! Can the baby call me mommy?"

"Both you and Sarah can be mommies so yes."

Rory then kisses Sharpe again. "Alright, let party!"

As they make it back to the party, Sharpe makes an announcement. 

"Everyone, listen up! I have a special announcement. Rory here will be officially my child’s godmother and legal guardian."

"However, she will not be the only one to be involved with my child's life since I would like Lelei, Tuka, and Yao to be the baby's auntie," Sharpe add-on. 

"Really! You mean it?" Tuka asks Sharpe nods. 

The girls all smile in joy.

"To celebrate this occasion, Yao would like to sing a song for it. Right, Yao?" Lelei points at Yao, wiggling her finger just for the effect.  

After that moment, Yao begins to sing an embarrassing song. Surprisingly, she chooses an overly emotional theme for everyone, especially the new union of loving couples of Deliah and Bailey, Andrew and Hamilton. Finally, Sharpe and Rose, that is "The Rose." More surprisingly, Yao is quite good at singing, and her singing makes everyone sing in the union in joy and happiness and, most of all, love. 

“Some say love, it is a river that drowns the tender reed

Some say love, it is a razor that leaves your soul to bleed

Some say love, it is a hunger. An endless aching need

I say love, it is a flower and you, it's only seed

 When the night has been too lonely and the road has been too long

And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong 

Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows

Lies the seed with the sun's love. In the spring becomes the rose”

 

 

Reference:

------------------------------------------------

(1)Chapter 74

(2)Chapter 89

(3)Chapter 90

(4)Chapter 161

(5)Chapter 169

(6)Chapter 8

(7)Chapter 23 & 24

(8)Chapter 167

(9)Chapter 165

 

5