V18 – Chapter 212
155 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Yesterday, across many countries there were live demonstrations of exorcism conducted by exorcist mages. What they did was dispel hostile spirits that haunt  buildings, both abandoned and inhabited, and forests, drawing the attention of a billion of viewers in all media platforms. 

The restless spirits of the dead who are consumed by hatred and negative emotions will haunt and even murder anyone who encounter one. Most exorcist mages compare them to rabid dogs in how they interact with the general public. Hauntings negatively affects the psyche of the victims, increasing the tendency of criminal acts, depression, and suicide. According to the newest report published by the exorcist mages in various countries, hostile spirits contribute as much as 25% of homicide and people disappearance cases in the past decades and until now annually. 

Reactions of the public have been a mixture of excitement and fear. While some people are excited from viewing them as the Ghostbusters and Exorcist franchise coming to life, others wish for such events to go away. Regardless, many law enforcements are investigating to see if exorcists can help reduce crime and the ethical protocols behind them.

Subsequently, there is a steep rise in the number of religious believers and the dramatic increase in tourism for places famous for being haunted across the world. For example the Stanley Hotel where Stephen King draws his inspiration to write the Shining has increased in popularity causing the hotel to run out of rooms. Stephen King has stated that most of the locations where he wrote were never haunted nor possess any history of supernatural activity, except the Stanley Hotel.

According to exorcist mages, it is utterly important to the public to inform them of any signs of supernatural threats so they can deal with it effectively before any dangerous incident can occur. Furthermore, it is also advised the public not to attempt exorcism by themselves and leave it to the professionals since it might backfire horribly”- Jessica Moore 

   

    

 

*** 

--- Unity of Hinregs, Kilrado peninsula (south of Elies)  --- 

Date: June 8th, 2026

 

The sound of battle raged as the screams of the dying echoed throughout the battlefield; only masked by the repetitive sounds of firing guns, First Lieutenant Charles Johnson led his Vanguard-2 unit towards the castle built within a hill.

Johnson had seen castles before when he was stationed in Poland in a NATO security operation, but never once had he seen one built into a mountain. 

The castle is engulfed in flames from the bombardment of artillery and rocket fire. Sections that once held defense batteries and makeshift bunkers were reduced to mere rubble. The outerwear has been smashed open, and Infantry has already begun to storm the chamber. 

The joint US-Turkish operation was tasked with capturing the peninsula on the other side of the hill. A company from the US 1st Battalion, 2nd Brigade, and companies from the Turkish 66th Mechanized Infantry Brigade have spent the past five days advancing against the Dark Races, a deadly ally for the League. 

As the campaign progressed, there was a chain of hill castles that needed to be destroyed. So far, four hill castles have been destroyed, with one more to go. The plan was to destroy each castle from a combination of the airstrike and rocket artillery from Legrath. However, pro-NATO Darkling locals have reported men and women have been taken to these castles, preventing easy destruction. Limited strikes destroy the outer structures and defenses while infantry storm the castles.

Unlike the other castle where the mission was to take the castle and save the civilians, Vanguard-2 was assigned to retrieve the last body part of Frayen, the Apostle of Elange. The brass has determined that taking the castle the hard way was worth the risk in gaining an Apostle ally. 

“Stay together, Vanguard.” Looking around, Johnson saw his unit engaging an enemy formation, blocking their path. 

“What kind of armor are they wearing?” Specialist Joel Hodge asked.

Sergeant First Class Jamal Samaha fired his 6.8mm M5 Spear, killing one of the crossbowmen. “I don’t know, but they die like normal.”

“Don’t underestimate them; they are the Hinregs, vampires,” Bozes warned. “That armor allows them to fight under the sunlight outside but only for a limited time.”

The Unity of Hinregs, a powerful Vampire kingdom that manages the Dark and Darkling Races in the Kilrado peninsula. Bozes explained that the Hinregs are an important vassal for the Empire and vital for maintaining a fifth front against the NATO Expeditionary Force. 

After a B-52 carpet-bombed the Dark Race army after Legrath fell, they believed the threat to the south was over. A replacement army was quickly rebuilt by goblins, blue orcs, ogres, and more to the brass' shock. According to Knight Beluutie, the Hinregs pushed a mass conscription or breeding draft on the peninsula for human wave tactics, which meant many Darkling Races were enslaved to meet this goal. But Johnson knows he cannot focus on that right now.

"Rangers, focus fire, Bozes, take two of your knights and clear us an exit," Johnson ordered. 

The Rangers opened fire. A fully armored vampire fired its crossbow before being burnt to cinders by a 40mm incendiary grenade round. A blue orc rushed up and tossed a spear which barely missed Joel. Two goblins jumped from their cover, crawled the defensive wall to the right, and moved towards them. Jamal redirected three Rangers and tore them apart. 

"What the fuck is that?"

Seeing where Private First Class Oka Masaru is pointing, the sight confused Johnson. While the enemy uses their stone cover, it looks like they are setting up a pipe system of some kind. "No idea, but take them out."

The Rangers engaged; however, the enemy took cover and continued their work.

Knight Suissesse Co Mein stood up and ignored the arrow fire, and Johnson ordered to take cover. She pulled out an arrow, aimed, and then fired with her compound crossbow.

The arrow bounced off the edge of the stone railing, changing course. It then hits the Vampire engineer in the helmet, knocking him slightly out of cover, allowing one of the rangers to hit the Vampire engineer in the helmet, knocking him slightly out of cover which allowed a 6.8mm bullet to shred his head.

"Nice shot," Jamal commented, shocked by her accuracy. "How did you do that?"

After Suissesse took cover, she looked at Jamal, unimpressed. "I've been watching and playing your pool game at the bar. The one where you have those numbered balls that you must hit into the ends. Scott and Frost said something about using geometry, and based on what they described, the same concept, I suppose."

Impressed by the tactic, Johnson checked his NW to see how Bozes was doing. Inside, the castle is dark, with only little torches lightening up key areas. The Rose Knights use VISORS to see, cutting goblins in half as they secure away inside the castle.

The Knights still use melee weapons, albeit made from a stronger metal Adamantium. In addition they were granted tactical gear and technology like the new VISOR, allowing them to use night vision. "Alright, everyone, regroup on Bozes’ position."

Both teams disengaged as Turkish troops appeared from behind, engaging the defenders. 

“Shit, it is dark in here,” Adam commented. “Even the fire barely lights up the place.”

Nikolasha walked forward, taking the position with the other Knights as both teams advanced. “That is because it is Green Fire. It is not as bright as normal fire, allowing Vampires to walk around these halls without burning to death.”

“But why are there goblins?” Johnson asked. “I know they are vassals of the Empire, but they are rarely together.”

“That is because we hate them,” Bozes replied. “They are more likely to slit our throat than work together. It is easier to deploy them separately as a cannon fodder… that is how you use that word, right?”

“That’s correct,” Johnson assured her as his girlfriend Bozes gave him an air kiss. 

“Thank you,” Bozes said. “As I was saying, to help prevent the raids, the Empire made treaties with any Dark Race who is civilized enough and, in this case, Vampires.”

Suissesse fired an arrow at a shadow ahead. The arrow hit the wall, but the shadow disappeared. “The Hinregs are the rulers of these lands, which means they are using these barbarians as weapons. It is all they are good for. There is a good chance a dungeon under this castle is full of women for breeding and men as food for the goblins, ogres, and trolls. Even Vampires need blood.”

Johnson heard Adam comment that the situation is like the Alguna War where the Princess was tricked by a Dar into kidnapping Elbe civilians. That Kingdom had breeding dens and humanoid cattle to spawn new armies. While the war was short and decisive, he heard stories from Soldiers and Marines who stormed the Kingdom and saw the horrors that the Kingdom was doing. 

Specialist Georgia, the only female Ranger on the team, looked at the Rose Knights. “For centuries, your people sold slaves to these people for those things? That is horrific.”

Bozes stared directly at Georgia. “Look, I am not saying I am thrilled by it. It was a different time, and tens of thousands of people died from the war. Giving them slaves brought peace between the Common, Beast, and Dark Races for three decades. But if you people win, then this barbaric practice will never have to happen again.”

Seeing both women about to go at it forced Johnson to end the topic. “Look. There is no point debating about policies from before any of us were born. Bozes is right that if we win the war, these trading practices end. Now, let us focus on that.”

Ending the bickering, both teams advance through the hallways. A chamber door opened, and a man-eating ogre walked out with half a dozen goblins behind it. The Knights form up in front, creating a wall of shields. The Rangers fire their under-barrel grenade launchers, blowing up the Ogre.

Once the ogre is turned into smithereens, breaking the goblin charge, Bozes ordered their charge and, effortlessly, cut down the goblins. Adam and Oka rushed to the chamber, bypassing the Knights. They tossed two grenades into it, killing more goblins who were waiting.

Once the skirmish was over, both teams began moving forward. The hallway up ahead is destroyed, rubble everywhere from a missile strike. Beyond the hole is the sound of battle. Quickly rushing over, Johnson looked outside.

Two stories below, he sees three Vampire soldiers, a troll holding a large leather bag, and a dozen goblins either firing arrows or jumping off from their positions towards the American and Turkish soldiers below. 

"It is that tube from before," Jamal pointed out.

During the assault on the first castle, the Hinregs used a giant flamethrower called Dragon's Mouth, which activates by rotating the crank behind the mechanism to spray out burning WildFire oil. After the first usage the Army engineers compared the Dragon's Mouth to Greek Fire after examination.

Not wanting the Hinregs to spray their fire on their friendly soldiers, Johnson ordered Adam to use his M320 grenade launcher.

A moment later, the fragmentation grenade exploded, killing a few goblins and a Hinregs soldier. The critical part of the explosion ignited the leather bag, creating a large chemical explosion, burning everyone alive. 

"Six o'clock," Balalaika yelled.

Quickly reacting, Johnson sees this Hinregs warrior rushing toward them from a new chamber. The Rangers opened fire, but a warrior grabbed Nikolasha. With minor issues, the warrior lifted Nikolasha with one arm, using her as a shield. As he dragged her back into the dark chamber, the other two Vampires were killed.

"Nikolasha!" Bozes charged forward in a panic. 

"Bozes! Shit," Johnson said. He ordered the Rangers to form up. With a quick order, Georgia and Oka tossed UV grenades each into the chamber that they brought from DARPA, knowing they would fight Vampires.

Two blinding flashes lit up the chamber, the flash temporarily disabling Johnson's VISOR. All he could do was listen to the screams of dying Vampires.

Once everyone's eyes recovered, Johnson ordered them to storm in. While externally, he maintains a calm, professional demeanor, inside, he is terrified for Bozes' safety. 

Johnson had a few girlfriends, but he never had such strong feelings for a woman. He wondered if it is because he has watched her go from a naïve child of this world into a capable, mature, and strong woman.

Johnson's two front Rangers took out five blinded goblins which were still in shock, taking no prisoners. The brass determined taking living goblin prisoners was too risky and provided no meaningful intel, so Johnson did not want to risk it.

In the chamber's center is Bozes, shield up protecting Nikolasha as she lays on the floor.

"She is ok," Bozes said as she helped Nikolasha onto her feet.

Johnson walked to Bozes as she held her side, noting some sunburns on her exposed cheek. "You ok?"

"Yeah," Bozes replied. "One of them just hit me very hard. But I'm still doing better than them. Neat toy."

Looking around, Johnson saw ashes within the armor and hijab-like clothing on the ground. "Yeah, shocked it worked this well. Recent DARPA project, something to do with crystals increasing the brightness of the ultraviolet light or something. Make it more combat useful."

Johnson then looked at Bozes, "That was reckless. Glad you're ok."

Bozes laughed. "I was not worried. I knew you would come. If you didn't, it would make you look like a jerk boyfriend."

 

--- 

 

Johnson watched as the US, Turkish, and NATO flags rose above the ruined castle. Soldiers cheered after a hard-fought victory. Camera crews, streamers, and others record the event; A significant propaganda victory. 

Nikolasha is lying down but is ok. Everyone else is standing or sitting as they rest from the battle. They achieved their objective, getting Frayen's final body part. After that, they freed the prisoners in the dungeons.

Looking over, Johnson watched the military police and medics help the prisoners with blankets, food, water, medical treatment, and more. Many of them looked shocked, traumatized, broken. Some of the males are missing arms, legs, and other parts from being fed on. The freed females are covered in bruises, a few of them are pregnant with swollen bellies from being used to breed more goblin soldiers. As US policy, if any are born they will be taken to a camp to be killed or tested on, seen more as a parasite than a sapient being.

The sight was a strange one to Johnson. If this were back in the States, there would be riots because the government is taking babies from their mothers after birth. The government has made it clear that goblins are a parasite that has no place in civil society. It shows, even a democratic nation could go to such extreme lengths. To his surprise, he felt nothing for the baby.

Bozes walked up to his side. "I bet this is strange for you, but I am glad your people understand how dangerous goblins can be. There is no peace without compromise with these creatures without selling your people to appease them."

"I know," Johnson replied. "It just surprised me that I have no emotional feelings about it. If anything, just anger." Taking another look at the liberated prisoners, some are Common Races like Humans, Elves, Dwarves, but most are Darklings, to his surprise. Succubus and Incubus, Bat-people, Kitsune, Orcs. He assumed all Dark Races work together because they are in the same group. Now he sees why the government separated Dark Races into two groups, as this is barbaric.

Bozes' arm wrapped around her boyfriend's arm to comfort him. She looked to the conquered castle with the nation's flags on top. Seeing the moon in the distance and the sun set, she pulled Johnson down and kissed him. 

After a kiss, she pulled him away. "Come on. I wonder how the others are doing at Rondel."

 

*** 

--- Practice Arena, Magic Academy, Rondel --- 

Date: June 14th, 2026

 

The next day the Rondel Academic Council and the High Council, with many of the Grand Masters and Archmages, are at the Magic Academy duel arena to see what Lelei offers.

During this morning's debate, Hanson described the importance for Rondel to join the US and NATO. He stated all the knowledge that could create a new Rondel age for Rondel and maintain it as the top magical institution on Falmart and Earth. One of the references made was a second Renaissance.

Taking a deep breath, Lelei headed out into the arena. She can hear the crowds speaking but is unable to tell what they are saying. Once she stood at the center of the arena, she looked over, seeing Cato, Soredin, Hanson, Rory, and Sharpe.

Hanson walked out and began speaking through a microphone, shocking some by the device. Mainly how well they could understand a man through a horn. He then explained that Lelei La Lalena will show four spells that she created from everyday knowledge of Earth.

Lelei closed her eyes with another deep breath and remembered all the fun training she had done with Sharpe. He told her to tune out everything around her and focus on the task at hand. While not a mage himself, he helped with the one thing he knew he could, the fundamentals. 

Hanson walked over and handed Lelei the microphone. "The first spell I want to show you is the blue flame spell. We all know what fire magic is, one of the most basic but effective spells we teach. However, against a strong opponent, it is no longer effective."

"What the blue flame spell is a new version of our fire spells," Lelei explained. "Let me explain. The Terrans discovered that fire feeds off oxygen, or as we know it, air. Just like a humanoid fire needs air to breathe, feed, and spread; otherwise, it dies like someone who is drowning. What I did was take this oxygen and concentrate  it into a flame that is roughly three times hotter than a normal flame spell."

One of Cato's mages appeared on the other side of the arena. The mage formed a standard water wall, a natural defense against fire magic. 

Holding out her stand, she began chanting. Between her staff and left hand, a blue glow appeared. Quickly, it formed into a blue flame. The flame got more prominent, and she fired it at the water wall. A significant buff of steam covers the area, and once it is cleared, everyone sees the water wall has dissipated, shocking everyone.

What usually would happen is that the firebolt would have been neutralized by the water wall. Sometimes by a powerful mage, the firebolt could overwhelm the defensive water wall, but that is the expectation, not the rule, and even then, that is out of desperation, not a first option. What people noticed was that this blue flame destroyed the water wall.

"What you just saw was that my blue fire spell turned the water wall into steam," Lelei explained. "Because I concentrated the oxygen around me, I was able to increase the temperature of the flame to the point it boiled the water and turned it into steam, defeating the point of the water spell."

"The next spell is what I call gravity magic," Lelei announced. "From what I learned from Earth sciences, gravity is the master of the cosmos." Sharpe walked over, holding two different size balls. "To give you a basic understanding of what I mean by this, my friend Lieutenant Colonel Sharpe will give you a demonstration."

Sharpe stopped, held out both balls, and dropped them. As expected, both hit the floor at the same time. 

"On Earth, they call this Newton's law of universal gravitation," Lelei explained. "The reason why two different objects hit the ground at the same time was that they are governed by the law of gravity. This is why once you fall off a ladder, a cliff or a rider falls off his wyvern, you always fall downwards unless there is an outside force who changes it, like telekinesis."

"What I have done is learn to control this law. Let me show you." Lelei aimed her staff toward a nearby group of watchers. With another cast, an orange field formed around an unknown man. She lifted him up and slowly flipped him upside down. Hanson began to explain what is happening, that she is controlling gravity around the man.

Lelei then lifted the man high and then slowed him into the arena. Once freed, the man stood there, shocked by what happened. "As you can see, once you can understand the law of gravity, you can use it to defy it." 

Hearing some protest, others calling it a trick, Lelei rolled her eyes, not wanting to do anything drastic to fear hurting people. She pointed her staff at another section of the audience, but she created a gravity field around about twenty people this time. Then the people inside the gravity field began floating, all screaming, shocked by what was happening. 

"As you can see, this is no trick," Hanson said, pointing to the field. "What Lelei did was create a field so she could control the gravity within it. She removed it, and without Newton's law of universal gravitation, you just float. This is considered a powerful spell, but you see the application of it."

After taking a drink of water that Sharpe gave, Lelei took a deep breath as that spell consumed a lot of mana. But the next demonstration she knew will be a challenge. It was Soredin's idea, enjoying showing off. While dangerous, it would clearly show these new abilities. 

Hearing a loud roar, everyone knew what was coming. The giant minotaur beast appeared out of a gate as two seventeen-foot Giants pulled it by chains. While dumb, these monsters are giant and robust, requiring skilled mages to take them out, being time-consuming.

Focusing on the Minotaur, Lelei formed an arrowhead that is made from pure energy. Lights move around the arrowhead. Then symbols appeared in front of the arrowhead as energy concentrated. 

With one thrust Lelei fired the energy arrowhead through the symbol. A loud shockwave sound is heard, forcing many people to cover their eyes. To everyone's horror, they watched as the Hypersonic magic bolt blast caused the Minotaur's head to explode from the impact and punch through the wall behind it and fly toward the sky. 

Lelei noticed this spell got everyone's attention. While they could debate the importance or value of the first two, this one shocked everything they knew and understood. What they saw was impossible with their current understanding of magic, and they knew it would change the balance of magic power in the future. 

"Good job Lelei," Soredin said. "I think you gave them something to think about."

"Thank you, teacher," Lelei said.

Hanson clapped and then took the microphone. “I want everyone to understand, what you have seen has mostly been Lelei developing these skills by herself. With a support network behind her, imagine what other wonders could be invented - and invention is my people's way of life.”

“In addition,” Hanson continued, holding up his hand. “Our knowledge is not the only benefit that can help Rondel. I won’t go into the details on how but we have advanced metallurgy that allows us to forge Adamantium, a common ore on Falmart but impossible to forge by Falmart standard.” Looking to the right, he pointed to Jalin and Pina “Knight Jalin Tu Fendro will be a demonstration of some examples of what we can do with Adamantium, especially for your alchemists.”

Jalin walked to the center of the arena and showed his Adamantium sword. Most of the audience are intrigued by the unconventional design of the sword but all of them question why this sword is so special.

“This sword is not just a normal sword made from conventional steel. It is a sword made from Adamantinum,” Hanson declared. 

The entire audience is shocked at the statement that an ore is impossible to make into anything of value from. Even the best blacksmith and alchemists were unable to create equipment made out of Adamantinum since it is impossible to smelt the ore as the ore seems to resist heat extremely well. 

“You lie!” A sage yelled. “Your world has no magic and knows nothing of alchemy, how can you possibly be able to forge with such ore?”

Hanson smirked, “Because we have flying machines, armored wagons, our rifles fire thousands of bullets in minutes. We have panels that collect energy from Flare and much, much more. You all know about our technology and the examples I stated are the basics. 

Jalin showed the sword to the alchemists in the audience. “I have used this sword many times in combat. It is lighter and has given me a much needed advantage in battle and this is just the basic version.”

Alchemists including Arpeggio came from the audience to inspect the sword. To their shock, they find it is really made of Adamantium and confirm it to the rest of the audience. 

“Incredible!” Arpeggio excitedly said. “How can NATO make a sword out of that ores? This can change Alchemy forever.” The other alchemists around her agreed.

“I think you should see a demonstration of it,” Hanson proposed. 

Cato in a fully knight armor along with a shield put in the wooden hanger. Jalin charged at the armor and swung her sword at it, cutting both the armor and the shield in half in just one swing. 

The whole audience fiercely whispers with each other about the great application of Adamantium in everything from weaponry to alchemy. 

 

--- 

 

"What are you looking forward to once the plan is finished?

Albus took a large drink from his pint. "I like to become a lord of some type. I don't know what their proper word is for that, but I want to own land and operate a business to create personal wealth."

Reldom took a drink. "Who knew the Mercantile Guild was correct all along. We are going to have to keep them safe from the other Guilds."

The Mercantile Guild, an organization that conducts trade and commerce. They are considered a necessary evil to society. They always spent resources on strange devices and yet have not valued land and the order of the world. Albus never expected a civilization ruled by merchants, which is baffling, but clearly, superior brought him to hope for his long-term plans.

"Do you honestly believe our people will switch sides?" Reldom asked. 

"It took a hundred sages and mages to create the mana jamming tower," Albus commented. It was a massive achievement for the city, bringing new ideas and magical opportunities to the city. Once completed, the Empire took the design to an unknown location, ruining all the hard work Rondel had done for the war effort. Many considered it a betrayal and helped swing support to Cato. "There will be a rough transition period, but in time people will get over it."

"They seem humbler and more entertaining than I expected," Reldom replied. "Some of their soldiers showed me their handheld devices, and I was amazed. I also want an Adamantium sword like Princess Pina and her knights. I bet that sword can cut through even Wyvern scales. And armor made from Adamantium can protect me from anything!!"

Taking another drink and watching more of Lelei's demonstration of her new abilities. "Do you still want to gain one of their wives and chase this so-called dream of theirs?"

"The American Dream Lelei called it," Reldom corrected. "That honestly is what sold me. Coming from a back wood village, no nobility, no heritage, no bloodline of value, there never was much hope for a better life." He then panicked. "I am sorry, I didn't mean to."

Laughing, Albus calmed his right-hand Knight. During one of his expeditions as Adventurer, he picked up Reldom during an ambush. He took Reldom from his village and shaped the boy into one of his most loyal Knights, allowing him to gain nobility. 

"I understand your meaning," Albus laughed as he spoke. "There will be many new opportunities, and if you stay beside me, I promise much greatness in your future."

Albus armed Reldom, a gesture of respect. "I am getting a refill."

Walking away, Albus moved through the crowds of people, watching the demonstration. He heard many debates among the groups. Some state how impressive the new spells are, while others think they are barbaric. Two men almost started a fight over the topic, but two of his Knights restored order. 

Then he saw a young girl walking past him from the bathroom. The girl is in a beautiful white and pink dress, baffling by the quality; however, that is not what he was focused on. The girl looked very familiar.

The girl stopped and slowly turned toward him. Albus sees her beautiful blue eyes, smooth dark brown hair, and young adult breasts. "Selina?" Selina's eyes grew wide, and she tried to dart away, but he grabbed her dress, dragging her back here. "What the hell are you doing here, girl?"

"Let me go, Yao!"

Feeling a punch in the cheek, Albus looked over and saw this dark elf woman standing there with angry eyes. The punch was not strong enough for him to let go, being a warrior.

"Let go of her, or I will put a hole in your head," Yao threatened. 

"Mind your own business, elf," Albus said. Before the elf could do anything, one of his Reldom and three other Knights appeared with a sword by the elf's neck. "Leave now, or you will be arrested."

"What is going on, sir?" Reldom looked at the struggling girl. "Wasn’t she with the Other Worlders delegation?"

"No," Albus quickly replied. "She is an escaped slave I was informed about. The Slave Guild has been looking for her." With a short struggle, he twisted the girl's arm.

"I am not a slave, you bastard!" Selina yelled.

"Don't you dare touch my sister!" Yao said, drawing an M17 pistol at him. "You are making a big mistake."

"Sir?" Reldom asked, confused.

"Reldom, trust me, I know what I am doing," Albus said. Seeing the dark elf's distraction, Reldom and the other knights try to rush at Yao on all sides, but Yao casts a flame burst spell, sending the knights flying and burning them quite severely. 

As Albus tries to escape, a man punches him, grabs his arm, swings him into a table, and frees Selina.

Shaking his head, Albus looked up and saw none other than Lieutenant Colonel Sharpe.

"Let her go!" Sharpe demanded.

"Lieutenant Colonel! This girl is an escaped slave, and by law, she must be apprehended back to the Slave Guild," Albus stated. "And if you do anything, I will strip you of your protections. Go back to your delegation." 

To Albus' shock, Sharpe ignored his warnings. The next thing he knew, Sharpe physically attacked him, after receiving a black eye, he was rammed into a pillar. After getting hit, he punched Sharpe in the cheek, forcing him back but lost sight of the girl.

"You need to pass through me first," Rory came near Sharpe with Tuka, Pina and her Rose Knights and pointed her halberd at Albus. 

"Let her go, Sir Albus; we should not mess with her or any of them," Reldom stated. 

"No," Albus said. "We are Knights of Rondel. We keep this place safe. I will not allow these outsiders to uproot the law." Seeing the confused expression in his knights, he looked to Rory. "Rory, this is a domestic matter…" he says as he watches Selina rush to Rory and hides. "That girl is an escaped slave. Even you must allow me to enforce the law. I know you NATO people oppose the institution, but until the law changes, I must enforce it."

As Albus rushes at Selina, a magic beam pierces through his shoulder, causing him to fall down in pain. He then looks in the direction of where the magic blast came from, where he sees Lelei pointing her index finger at him while charging a magic energy. The magic beam is a spell Lelei developed based on her study of Laser. 

Getting in front of Selina, Rory gripped her halberd. She then glared at everyone and burst forward. She rammed two knights into a table, grabbing another by the chest armor, flinging him into the bar area. She then holds and lifts him in the air before tossing him onto the ground hard.

Feeling a broken rib, Albus noticed Rory did not kill him or his other knights. But looking around, they are all defeated.

Rory walked up and placed her blade at his neck with visible rage. "Selina is not a slave; she is my little sister and one of us. Touch her, and I will send you to meet Hardy personally." 

The moment Albus saw Selina, he knew she came with the Other Worlders but could not take the chance. She knows too much about his business activities. Noticing that his knights let the elf go, he ordered them to stand their ground and not let them escape. 

Rory looked away after hearing her name, allowing him to roll out and stand back up. He then saw one of the councilmen, Skrotarot, and the Other Worlders.

"Skrotarot, don't trust these people," Albus said in a state of panic while holding his chest. "You can trust me; I have always protected you even when no one else would."

Albus couldn't help but watch Sharpe pull out his sidearm. He can see the cold heart killer in Sharpe's eyes. To his surprise, Skrotarot stopped Sharpe from shooting him. Skrotarot said something, and Sharpe glared at him. "What the fuck is the meaning of this? Why are you assaulting my daughter?"

Hearing that last part shocked Albus to the core. He never thought he would have seen that girl ever again, either a slave in Sadera or dead. The fact that she appeared here jeopardized everything have worked so hard to achieve.

Selina rushed to Sharpe's side and pointed at him. "This is the knight I told you about in my dreams."

"You raped my daughter?!" Sharpe asked, shocked by the revelation

"She lies!" Albus said, realizing what is about to happen. "I am a Knight of Rondel; I would never do such an act."

"Then why did you attack her?" Yao asked. "Why would a well-respected Knight attack a girl who was invited here?"

Seeing the crowds going against him and no way around this issue, Albus ordered his Knights to leave. There is a delay from his knights as they are confused about what just happened. But Reldom took command and led the knights down a different path. 

 

--- Villa, Directorate Palace, Rondel ---

 

"I am sorry, Lelei, for ruining your demonstration," Selina said, cleaning the ruined mascara around her eyes.

"It is ok Selina, I have to beat that knight or else something bad might happen to you," Lelei replied, helping her.

Sharpe watched the sisters give Selina all the love they could. While the demonstration was a major success, he doesn't know what the consequences will be. The fact that the head of Rondel Knights, an ally, was the one who did the unthinkable. "You did nothing wrong, Selina." 

"Yeah," Rory patted Selina on the head and looked towards Yao, noting the black eye. "You did well. Thank you."

Hanson sat down. "I was able to talk to the other nobles. Apparently, Head Knight Albus Russus has been running a pedophile business down south, outside the view of Rondel."

Sharpe looked at Selina's eyes, seeing the same shadow he once had before meeting the Girls. He was always afraid that the trauma she suffered would one day grow within her and transform her. "No one is ever what they seem to be. What about the demonstration?"

"Most people didn't see the bar fight," Hanson said. "But, one of the big pro-NATO heavyweights now shamed, stripped of his honor is not a good thing. But, a father and her family are fighting a corrupt Knight everyone can side with."

"If Sarah was here, she would say how insensitive you are, but you are right," Sharpe said, staring at his daughter. Right then, he knows what he must do. "I won't compromise. I will deal with him."

There was silence as Nicholas walked in. "I know what that means."

"Hey Nicholas," Selina said. "Thank you for the help."

Nicholas laughed. "It was not me, thank Jessy there. I told you we had your back, Princess."

"Since this mission started, everything has gone sideways," Tuka pointed out. "What else is going to happen?"

The door burst open as Legatus Quali-gin Opoctia, and three of his goons marched into the room. "Sharpe. I finally get to meet you all."

 

Reference:

------------------------------------------------

 

 

3