Season-1 Chapter-3 In the Dead of Night 2/3
124 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unknown-Time.

Damian watched as the American troops soon set foot on the wet sands of the beach, quickly taking out their flashlights and surveying the surrounding areas around them while the ground lightly shook as giant walking cannons find their places.

after mere seconds upon landing on the beach the American Chinooks along with the Apaches soon leave the island as the 456 American soldiers quickly gather behind Damian's troops, seemingly waiting for something.

Damian then got bored quickly as he ordered his four ASF-Agents to go to his hero unit, the Overseer, the four immediately followed the order and dashed towards Damian's hero unit, all the while the American soldiers seem to quickly follow from behind, little did they know that the undead was nearing them, slowly descending from mount Olympus, hungry.

the moment that the agents arrived next to the Overseer it was already finished scanning the fort, and all they had to do now was hijack the the the fort itself, turns out that when Damian used the [ Takeover ] ability on the fort every hostile unit within the fort instantly gets killed for some unknown reason that Damian didn't even bother to even care for or even ask why.

after Damian has taken control of the fort he ordered it to fire upon the other 22 still walking cannons.

ASF-Agent: let's blow a hole through that armor.

the cannon slowly turned to face the nearest Azardun Command Cannon and slowly loaded an armor piercing bullet before charging up and firing, leaving a massive hole at the side of the walking cannon as it slowly fell.

a shockwave was created the moment the top part of the walking cannon hit the ground, shaking the land around it in a hundred mile radius alerting the other Azardun Command Cannons of Damian's actions.

the moment that the walking cannon fell the fort that was now under Damian's command soon turned to another target, loading yet another armor piercing round before firing as it repeated the process over and over again until the undead finally reached Damian's new fort as an hour passed while new American troops started to arrive, this time with tanks.

Damian noticed that nearly half of his mini map was covered in red, he moved his camera north only to find a flood of purple colored and deformed skinny undead, and quite ugly.

the fort cannon quickly stopped firing upon the remaining 13 walking cannons and focused on the hordes of undead that slowly made their way towards them, loading an explosive round the cannon fired upon the incoming undead burning the land around where the bullet hit, almost like a mini nuke as the undead blindly walked through the fire and continued onwards.

with a surprised look on his face Damian panicked a little, the undead relentlessly outnumber his units a hundred to one, but with the fire power of his hero unit he realized that he can survive this.

the American troops quickly made a blockade surrounding the north, west and south part of the fort, while the 22 American Abrams tanks soon left the beach and support the blockade that surrounded the fort.

once the undead reached a dozen miles from the fort the American troops quickly fired upon them while the American tanks laid waste to the undead that was still farther ahead using explosive rounds to expand the radius of the explosions.

the fort defenses were also turned on, laser turrets the size of a small hour popped up from the walls and started firing on the incoming undead as Damian ordered the main cannon to continue firing on the remaining walking cannons.

all that Damian had to do now was wait, he laid back on his non existent chair and closed his eyes, he counted for an entire hour before opening his eyes to find a burning hellish landscape before him.

did I sleep for too long? Damian thought to himself as he noticed that there was already an American camp at the north side of the fort with more and more American troops arriving by the second.

Damian then selected the fort and looked around the buttons on the bottoms of his screen, to his surprise though his agent can still get out and be reused, there, on the bottom of his screen the icon of the ASF-Agent was located.

Damian clicked on the icon and as suspected the ASF-Agent soon left the Azardun Command Cannon, leaving through the east entrance where the other three ASF-Agents were located, and the Overseer unit.

ASF-Agent: aw... playtime's over?

the fort cannon slowly lowered as the color of the fort turned grey, no other colors were found.

ASF-Agent: I guess it's back to the old hide and seek then.

Damian became saddened by what the agent said, but then calmed down as he selected his five units and clicked back to his fifth base in Saudi Arabia, his job here was already done.

Overseer: on our way General.

the Overseer along with the four ASF-Agents quickly left the island and towards the waters, another hour has passed as they arrived at the deserts once more before arriving at the base after a few more hours.

the night was about to come to an end, with the sun slowly rising from the west and soon replaced the moon, the sands slowly become heated, the land now brighter and clearer than during the night.

only three more hours left until the summoning the first Patriarch-Scholar into Earth, Damian was quite excited as another minute passed while the Overseer along with the four ASF-Agents soon arrive at the base.

Damian still waited, and waited, till half an hour passed, more and more American reinforcements arrive from the military cargo planes that came from the skies and landed on the makeshift airstrips, about 420,000 American troops have already arrived at the beaches this day, and many more will come by tomorrow.

meanwhile in China just outside the Temple of heaven in Beijing Asha-Urdu was standing at the empty square outside the once beautiful temple, now replaced with a massive metal fortress.

but, as she watched her fort from below as it rises and rises every day she was interrupted by an Azardun Soldier who survived the massacre at Iraq, with the armor that the soldier wore almost torn apart, and filled with many holes.

Azardun-Soldier: m-my general...

the soldier kneeled as Asha-Urdu turned to face the soldier.

Azardun-Soldier: I bear terrible news general...

Asha-Urdu: what is it soldier? speak.

Asha-Urdu spoke in a concerned voice, looking at the soldier before her certainly it was grave news, even with the visor covering the soldier's face she knew whatever the soldier witnessed it must have been horrifying.

Azardun-Soldier: general, half of the armies placed at the deserts were annihilated, creatures of metal sent the armies quickly into a panicked state, most of us were killed before we could even react.

Asha-Urdu became quite shocked upon hearing the news, but her main concern now was the mobile fortresses that were sent to a nearby island, but still there was no way they could have been destroyed, oh how wrong she was.

Asha-Urdu: and what of the Command Cannons?

the soldier paused for a moment before answering.

Azardun-Soldier: we... no, I, lost contact with- 

before the soldier could continue the soldier's head suddenly exploded as a massive shockwave shook the entire Earth, Asha-Urdu quickly looked at the sky to see the Azardun-Cruisers begin to descend as the sky darkened.

after just mere moments another shockwave occurred, this time shattering the cruisers apart turning them into smaller debris the size of a small house, Asha-Urdu looked at the sky in shock as it distorted, however the shockwave only affected them and not the humans and their machines, then, a beam of white light ascended towards the sky from the south.

it came from Damian's base, the summoning was complete, earlier than usual.

Asha-Urdu: w-what the...

half of the Azardun forces on Earth we killed, leaving the stronger ones still alive, but still, this time the Azardun had no more reinforcements, it was now a fight for survival, either the humans die, or they die, it was only a matter of time.

while Asha-Urdu watched the beam of light shine brightly from the south the Americans including the Russians and the rest of the world watched as the light shined brightly, until suddenly as the light slowly descended and faded it suddenly became night once more in Europe and Africa and half of Asia, then, silence.

complete silence, the satellites in space were shut down, the astronauts in the International Space Station were temporarily knocked out, the world, or Earth remained still, at least for a moment.

Damian, watching from his base looked down below to find his new unit taking form, the white armored being with a white cloak slowly formed from white crystals before waking up it looked around, seemingly confused.

Damian was quite excited to test out the new unit until he noticed that he cant seem to select it.

Damian: goddamn it! why can't I select it!?

Damian cried for a while before quickly calming down as he faced the facts before him.

little did Damian know that the being he summoned was sentient, compared to the mindless slaves of the cheaper summoned units, however, if he just clicked a few more times the pressure would make the little Patriarch bend to his will, but Damian was not some cry baby so he easily gave up on clicking the unit repeatedly.

Damian's hopes were crushed as the Patriarch-Scholar wandered around the base looking at the structures before it, the Patriarch however had a name over it, Thoth, from Egyptian mythology, there was only one Patriarch that was summoned until two others suddenly appeared, this time from Greek mythology.

another of the Patriarch species, the Patriarch-Knights, two of them, Artemis and Ares.

Damian: oh hell yeah! two more!? I'm so lucky!

the old friendly Warning came again, popping out of nowhere in the middle of the screen.

Warning: thank you for your patience, take these two as a gift, also, it seems you are having trouble trying to control these summoned units, this may take a while... calibrating... please hold...

Damian: yes! yes! thank you!

Damian was overjoyed as he waited for the calibration to complete.

Warning: calibration complete, you may now easily order these summoned units, have fun.

the Warning disappeared and faded from the screen, but Damian then refocused on other tasks like summoning another of those Patriarch species but then Damian remembered how long it would take.

and so he ignored the Patriarchs for now as he focused on another problem, how to finally beat the aliens, he quickly moved his camera towards Iraq where his seven Siege Destroyers and 2,000 ACR-Drones await his orders.

Damian then selected his Siege Destroyers and ACR-Drones before ordering an attack move on India where Inar-Akahn set his campaign, little did the alien knew that a small force of over a thousand would crush his hundred thousand strong army, the poor warrior would soon know defeat at the metallic hands of Damian's metal army sent his way.

meanwhile the new units that Damian summoned gathered in the middle of Damian's fifth base as the scholar spoke in a male light and calm voice, Thoth, the so called Egyptian god of knowledge.

Thoth: Artemis... Ares, you both are here too?

the male humanoid male knight called Ares looked at Thoth, carrying a silver glowing liquid like spear in white colored armor responded as he spoke in an echoing deep voice.

Ares: Thoth? how is it that you... Artemis and I are alive? I thought we all perished desperately trying to contain the Plague? this is rather confusing me, how is it that we all live? where are the others?

Artemis, the other knight cladded in white armor was also shocked, along with Ares and Thoth who were also confused why there were still alive, speaking also in a echoing lighter and female voice.

Thoth: I do not know, perhaps you know Artemis?

Artemis crossed her arms as she sighed then spoke.

Artemis: I too do not know Thoth, but... as I looked around, I cannot decipher what strange structures surround us... some powerful being blocks my sense from breaching these structures, but I detect many living and other dead organisms around us... remembering a certain species I am certain that we are still on Earth.

Thoth: Earth? well, we indeed fell here defending this World, but...

Thoth paused for a moment before he continued.

Thoth: hmm... there is some other presence that I sensed when I was first... summoned? reincarnated? or perhaps created here, a strong yet unknown power was watching, even now I still feel it... its still here...

Ares looked around to still find nothing, he sensed nothing, other than another faint but strong pressure from the north, it was Damian's hero and the other four agents.

Artemis: but there are other more weaker presences, Humans... interesting, whatever summoned us here must be quite powerful and sent the Plague into extinction, I feel no sign of any Plague warriors, nor their seeds.

Thoth nods agreeing with Artemis before looking north, before looking back at Artemis and Ares.

Thoth: whatever summoned us here seems to not want us to leave, I suggest we stay until we are permitted to leave, I am currently at my full power yet the beings outside nearly rival my own, it is best we stay for now.

Ares: agreed, I sense that they are paying close attention to our movements, though I cannot ascertain their form, nor their aura, the one in the middle overpowers my own strength yet the ones that are farther away are far stronger.

Artemis: sigh... then we are once again prisoners, but this time to a much stronger being, if it is worse that what I presume... then whoever summoned or reincarnated us is a far greater power than that of the Plague...

Artemis looks at the night sky as lightning lit the night sky while thunder broke the silence, as millions of crows flew towards the north, covering even the dark clouds the covered the moonlight.

Artemis: I fear the worse is yet to come if my prediction serves true.

the moon was covered by dark clouds as planes flew over Damian's fifth base, all the while a fleet of Xirilian space ships from cruisers, warships, battleships and finally the flagship.

if they arrive in time perhaps they might stop the conflict between both Humanity and Damian versus the Azardun race, if they arrive in time, but if they are too late for the upcoming party, or say, one sided slaughter they might reap what they sow for trying to assist such barbaric invaders, maybe they too will be invited.

only three days left till they arrive, perhaps Asha-Urdu may yet still have a chance of surviving, but until the final battle arrives they will try their best to survive, until then however, it's Damian's playtime.

 

 

 

3