Season-1 Chapter-3 In the Dead of Night 3/3
122 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unknown-Time.

in the deepest parts of the Earth the ground rumbles, while the races on the surface fight for dominance over the planet one old and powerful species lay dormant, similar to the Patriarchs, the fathers and mothers of first life they too were worshipped as gods, but, the day of gods were now long past, because this universe, along with its inhabitants have a new god, Damian.

but unfortunately these beings were long dead, just like the Patriarch race, but they too will become servants for Damian's game, given time their souls will be forcefully taken from whatever plane of existence that wander and will be brought back into the land of the living, that is if they are found, but seeing the final battle getting closer, there are some second thoughts.

but in the meantime Damian had a lot of things to test out, but as Damian continued his assault on the Azardun forces the Russians weren't so very lucky, and Mongolia is no exception, dead the moment that the nukes started falling.

Night-Time.

Russia, Moscow, the Grand Kremlin Palace, the President's Office.

Dimitri watched as the city outside his office burned, even with the superior numbers of the Russian military there was still no chance against the faster and lighter Azardun crafts and tanks.

the Russian navy, though still in perfect condition were already empty of jets and other ammunition, the streets were littered with blood and bullets as well as dead bodies, some already rotting.

even with America's help and with the new alien ally there was no way that Russia would survive like China and Mongolia, the hostile aliens were too superior in terms of firepower and technology, even trying to desperately reverse engineer one of their weapons, but that would take years, years that Russia does not have.

President-Dimitri: Borkov, you're still here?

Borkov stepped forward from the shadow as he walked towards the desk.

General-Borkov: yes my leader, did you expect anything else?

Dimitri chuckled as he turned around to face Borkov while a burning helicopter slowly fell while rotating uncontrollably before crashing on the ground below causing an explosion just outside the palace.

President-Dimitri: well, yes... I expected you to flee like what the other governors and my vice president did, but that does not seem to be the case, sigh... anyway what happened to Valenski?

General-Borkov: he is still here my leader, overseeing the counter attack over the hostile aliens, but it would take more that just months, I'm afraid that we would not be finished in time.

President-Dimitri: sigh... and moral?

Borkov paused for a moment before answering.

General-Borkov: crippled my leader... most have already fled, our chances now are slim.

President-Dimitri: huh... I wonder what the Americans are doing right now.

Dimitri looked back at the window watching the battlefield before him, but before his fate could be sealed Damian was not so far behind, even with the far lands of Russia Damian's navy will soon come.

Unknown-Time.

a few minutes earlier, Damian watched as his 2,000 ACR-Drones and seven Siege Destroyers make a clear path towards India, two hours have already passed, annihilating the Azardun forces at Iran and Pakistan, China was not far, none of the Azardun could match the mere firepower of the Siege Destroyers nor the ACR-Drones, such a small army.

the Azardun tanks, warriors and even crafts were destroyed, only remains or scraps were all that was left of the Azardun armies, foolish that they could have thought to even put up a decent fight.

from the deserts and back to a more green landscape Damian's army burned through the many bush filled lands, any Azardun soldier that tried to hide behind a bush were immediately targeted and killed, none were able to hide.

Damian's small little army slowly advanced towards enemy lines, crushing anything that opposed them, with the air support of the Americans the skies were uncontested while the lands burned.

already 27 nations fell under the assault of the Azardun forces, luckily Russia still stood strong, but not for long, a few miles behind Damian's current moving army America has sent their own to give aid to the destroyed nations providing any form of help they can while making forward outposts and bases.

while an army of 210,000 American soldiers as well as tanks and troop transports were following from behind, Damian's forces were the ones to annihilate the Azardun armies who stood in his way.

killing any stranglers that might survive the massacre, American planes soared through the skies surveying the land below, giving American artillery the exact location of the little hiding spots of the Azardun troops.

with the Azardun forces packed in one nation with no civilians the American army now had the chance to simply nuke the Azardun forces in China, however the defenses placed on the massive fortress could destroy the nukes before they could even land a hit, Damian's troops however had the advantage, the Siege Destroyers, the walking fortresses.

as Damian's army advanced deeper into Indian lands they were halted by a well shielded base, Inar-Akahn, the brother of Asha-Urdu, a warrior skilled in close combat but knew fear all too well.

Damian looked at the sudden halt of his army's advance, he then quickly selected his ACR-Drones and ordered them to stay behind the seven Siege Destroyers as he clicked on a land behind the Siege Destroyers before looking at the cause of the sudden halt of his army only to find a massive metal pyramid like structure covered with a massive shield dome.

Damian: so that's what the pyramids looked like before, cool... 

Damian selected his seven Siege Destroyers as he ordered an attack move on the pyramid.

Damian: too bad that it'll fall the same.

Siege Destroyer: charging main cannon...

the Siege Destroyers readied their main cannons to fire, charging a massive red laser orb that kept increasing by the second, after half a minute they all fire simultaneously, slowly cracking the shield that protected the pyramid fort.

the Americans that finally caught up to Damian's army looked at the spectacle before them, the fort's energy shield slowly cracking as the lasers coming from the Siege Destroyers become thinner and thinner, and quite brighter.

but that's not all the Siege Destroyers' main cannons were capable of, you'll soon find out later.

the sounds of the lasers crashing on the shields shook the fort on the inside, Inar-Akahn with his heavy halberd walked out onto the balcony overlooking the land below, the sight before him shook his heart, such a small yet powerful army managed to break through his defenses, the massive walking metal creatures before him looked quite intimidating.

overwhelming winds pushed him back a few feet as the shields were breached while the massive lasers easily tore through the metal fort before disappearing, the fort shields were now destroyed.

Inar-Akahn: w-what the...

once the shields were down an army of thousands of metal creatures quickly made their way towards the fort killing any Azardun soldiers and warriors in a single strike tearing them apart, it was a sickening scene.

Inar-Akahn gripped his halberd and jumped down towards the one sided massacre below, but before he could even hit the ground he was hit by a missile that exploded upon contact sending him crashing down towards the fort.

he screamed as he fell, he watched as the native inhabitants of the planet wearing green armor descend upon him with jet pacts, a familiar device that they once used, but as he hit the ground the last thing he saw was a mirage of what looked like a grey bone hand reaching out towards him as everything around him suddenly became slower.

Inar-Akahn: this cannot be my death...

his last words before he lost consciousness as his head hit the ground.

meanwhile Damian watched as the enemy hero unit fell while American Apaches moved in for the kill, along with the American soldiers and Abrams tanks who made short work of the fleeing Azardun forces.

the night was cold, as cold as ice, the fighting quickly stopped as fast as the moment it began, the fast attacks made by Damian crushed any and all Azardun forces in the middle of Africa while the Americans captured any still surviving or living Azardun soldier or warrior that they could still get their hands on, but this proved difficult.

the ACR-Drones killed any Azardun soldier and warrior that they could find, even the ones that surrender or were knocked out, so the Americans were forced to simply hide the bodies, or at least get them as quick as possible out of the area, luckily for them it worked, only about 23 Azardun soldiers were captured and 11 Azardun warriors including Inar-Akahn.

as the Azardun troops along with their commander got dragged into the two Chinooks before taking off another Chinook lands next to them as multiple scientists got out and spread around the area, along with a familiar face, Doctor Callus.

Night-Time.

Callus walks off the Chinook as it soon takes off, looking around, surveying the destruction before him, he smirks as he takes out a white cap and puts it over his head.

Doctor-Callus: huh, looks like we've got new toys to play with.

Callus slowly walked towards the entrance of the pyramid fort as Damian's units leave and head for a different area, Callus takes out a glowstick and cracks it as it glowed green while he entered the dark insides of the pyramid.

Doctor-Callus: what a beautiful sight... I wonder if Livieur would have liked to see this.

the light coming from the glowstick lightened the area around him as he raised his hand above his head revealing an old stone statue of an Angel covered in armor fighting a Demon, both looked humanoid, all the while the weather above became more and more uneased as a storm soon came out from thin air as American soldiers walked inside the pyramid.

American-Soldier: doctor, the place is secure you may begin your research.

Callus turned to face the soldier as he responded.

Doctor-Callus: yes, notify the president that his new toys will soon arrive, I'm sure he'll be happy to know.

American-Soldier: yes doctor, if you would excuse me.

the American soldier saluted before turning and leaving the pyramid fort, but as the soldier left Callus turned once again to face the statue, he smirks as he chuckled.

American soldiers soon flood the inside of the fort, searching around for any stranglers while Callus stood in his place, still wondering, wondering on what weapons of mass destruction he could make.

but as the storm raged above the skies and Damian's army left central India the seas in the Indian, Pacific, Atlantic and Antarctic oceans were getting unstable, especially in the Bermuda Triangle and the Mariana Trench.

the trench became bigger and bigger nearly triple its size while a massive whirlpool appeared in the devil's triangle, it looks like the devil himself is rising but unfortunately for him, this is no longer his playground.

Spoiler

and no, Damian isn't going to be facing demons and Satan himself, no, well believe it or not but in this world the myths are not actually as they seem, Lucifer, in this world was not actually punished by god, not like there was one in the first place, similar to the stories of Adam and Eve, in this world, all so called gods of Earth were actually connected.

other myths or legends like Thor, the Archangel Gabriel, and other mythical beings are all Patriarchs, another example of this are Loki, Zeus, and other humanoid gods, or other gods per se.

the Plague that these Patriarch mentioned are the beings that don't take shape, for example the Seven Deadly Sins, and weaknesses like Fear, Sickness, the weaker ones like Phantoms, Ghosts, and especially the worst of all, Nightmare.

these beings are the shapes of near death, the opposite of life, not good nor evil, they are not living nor dead, in fact, to humans they don't even exist, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a way for them to exist, the reason why they are hard to kill is because life itself, like humans fuel them, the living gives them life, but their desire is to give life misery.

Demons are among them, they also embody the worst fears of any being, they take the shape of something that you, or any being deems ugly, or just plain horrifying, something that makes any man bend in weakness.

too bad scientists exist, they too will bend and know fear, for knowledge is power, and if Humanity ever finds out how magic works and how to manually evolve they are in deep trouble, their food will soon run dry.

however until Humanity finds a way to do so the fears will have to do, but even if they rise from the deepest parts of Hell a powerful being have long claimed Earth, looks like they are in for a treat, or a feast of death and destruction.

[collapse]

but while this was all happening, back in America Walter awaits for the time until he gets his hands on new toys, however a new faction has emerged, the Continental Alliance.

Day-Time.

America, Washington DC, the Pentagon, the RDA.

the RDA, AKA the Research Development Action is a newly made team of researchers created by Walter to reverse engineer alien technology to create their own weapons more effective in killing the aliens than them.

deep below the Pentagon, about a dozen feet below the surface of the Earth a room the size of the capitol building of America, say for example the White House there they disassemble Azardun vehicles, armor and weapons for reverse engineering purposes, there in the middle of the room above a platform that overlooked the room Walter stood.

guarded by only 52 green colored but heavily armored soldiers Walter watched as the researchers, doctors, and other scientists try to test their inventions, but as he watched patiently a shadow fell behind him.

RDA-Soldier-1: intruder!

RDA-Soldier-2: take her down!

using hand to hand combat the female intruder quickly knocks out the heavily armored RDA soldiers, but it seems that even she had trouble trying to take one down by sheer force.

even with her speed the intruder struggled, nearly desperately as more and more RDA soldiers arrive, she threw a hard drive towards the ground, Walter barely cared to even turn around as the intruder fled, disappearing into the shadows leaving nearly no trace behind apart from the hard drive on the ground and a few unconscious soldiers.

an RDA soldier walked towards Walter as he turned around.

RDA-Soldier: sir, she's gone.

President-Walter: I know that, get the wounded into medical care, lets see what's in that hard drive.

RDA-Soldier: yes sir!

the RDA soldier saluted before picking up the hard drive on the ground and walking away while the others dragged their unconscious teammates to the medical bay below.

Walter then looks up and smirks before looking beck down.

President-Walter: get down from there Johnathan, she's gone.

a cyborg like human with metal red eyes, white skin and red hair landed on the ground crouched, making no sound upon hitting the ground as he stood up and looked at Walter.

Johnathan: sir, with all do respect how in the world did an intruder get in here?

President-Walter: chuckle... well that... I don't know.

Johnathan raised an eyebrow, confused and curious at what Walter said.

President-Walter: but what I do know is that we need to step up our security, there's no way I'm going change locations now, Livieur is going to nag at me for that, though the economy has never been worse.

Johnathan: i-is that so?

Johnathan crossed his arms while Walter continued.

President-Walter: well, believe me, this isn't the first time I had to deal with these sorts of things, the moment she arrives at the alien base in Arizona or somewhere near there she's going to die.

Johnathan: what makes you say that?

President-Walter: let's just say... a bug hitched a ride...

Walter takes out a futuristic looking phone from his pocket and looked at its screen, smirking as a small red dot slowly moved on the American map, slowly moving towards the west leaving Washington DC.

 

3