Season-1 Chapter-7 The Wrath of Gods 1/3
90 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day-Time

Shayan, Quen, the World Tree Forest, Nayash, the Royal Chambers.

12 minutes before the appearance of Damian's army and his massive world invasion.

Shayan, the green and fifth planet where the Azardun empire claimed the it as its own, however, there was another species that laid claim to that world way before the Azarduns, the once great and prosperous Shi-intari empire, AKA the elves.

in the green forests and jungles of Quen, one of the many continents with little to no rivers nor lakes, jungles that span the entirety of the massive planet, atop the World Tree where below the Shi-Intari citizens go about their daily lives, blissfully unaware of what has become of their invaders, however they would soon be notified.

inside the World Tree the Shi-intari emperor along with his empress slept in their bed, the light coming from the lenterns that hung from the ceiling barely lit the room, providing just enough light for one to see, the room guarded by dozens blonde haired Shi-intari palace guards just outside their room that carried golden and silver shields and golden armor.

but had glass spears that had silver glowing veins inside them, both the emperor and empress wore green clothes, their heads covered with golden crowns, the emperor having a much larger crown.

the emperor had golden hair and eyes and white skin, so does his empress, both are of royal blood and not made up, both chosen by the World Tree for their noble hearts, untainted by selfish desires, and quite brave hearts.

the empress of the Shi-intari empire, Empress Shale quivered and shook on the bed, shaking from a horrible nightmare, inside her mind she dreamt of many silhouettes marching towards a tower that pierced the sky.

marching through a scorched land filled with fire that reached the skies, red lightning struck everywhere as buildings fell and statues of old great Azardun warriors and war heroes crumbled under the echoing sounds of armies marching, it has been months since she had this vision, the seventh time since her last vision.

Empress-Shale: ahh!!! hah... huff... huff... huff...

Shale got up from her bed in a sitting position as her husband quickly woke up and checked on her.

Emperor-Alina: what is it? 

Shale looked at Alina, sweat dripped down from her forehead as she struggled to respond.

Empress-Shale: n-nothing, huff... it's nothing... just another nightmare.

Emperor-Alina: another nightmare huh? it has been so long since then, it has been months since your last nightmare, sigh... when will it end? is it still the same one?

Shale simply nodded, trying to regain her breath as she wiped the sweat of her forehead.

Emperor-Alina: so... it's still the same, come on, I will get you some-

Alina was interrupted by a palace guard that knocked on the door who bear troubling news.

Shi-intari-Palace-Guard: your highnesses, please forgive me for the intrusion but an Azardun envoy has requested your presence, please wake up, he says this is urgent.

Alina sighed as he tidy his clothes and responded to the palace guard.

Emperor-Alina: tell that envoy that we will be there soon!

Shi-intari-Palace-Guard: right away your majesty.

the palace guard quickly left to inform the envoy while the two rulers prepared themselves, after they were finished preparing they immediately left their room, passing many palace guards before descending down many flights of stairs that twisted and turned until they reached the throne room where they sat in their respective thrones.

many windows led the light of the star to enter the throne room, giving life to any plants, especially the golden flowers that decorate the throne room, many chandeliers decorated with gold and silver hung from the white colored ceiling, the throne room itself is as large as a story and a half, but as long and wide as a football field.

the glass floor lit up the room from below, fish swimming just below the glass floor that contained them, golden trees decorate the inside while silver pillars hold the roof that block the star's heat from shining above the two rulers.

once the two rulers were finally seated they both looked at the massive double doors.

Emperor-Alina: let them enter.

the palace guards opened the double doors revealing what looks like an Azardun envoy lightly armored, medals decorated the armor and escorted by four Azardun warriors and six soldiers.

Azardun-Envoy: Emperor Alina and Empress Shale...

the Azardun envoy gave a bow before continuing.

Azardun-Envoy: if I may... I bring news from my empress...

the Shi-intari emperor, Alina changed his expression, frowning upon the Azardun envoy.

Emperor-Alina: speak! and be clear! I have little time for the likes of your kind!

Azardun-Envoy: as you say your highness...

the envoy took a few steps forward as he entered the room, now standing at the center of the throne room the envoy kneeled and gave what news he was to bring to the Shi-intari royalty.

Azardun-Envoy: oh emperor and empress of the Shi-intari empire, I bring news from my empress that a peace treaty is now on the table... we no longer need endless and needless bloodshed, what say you?

Alina smirked as he stood up from his throne, and started to mock the envoy.

Emperor-Alina: ha! so that wench finally knew how costly this war was? laughable!

Alina laughed as the envoy frowned.

Azardun-Envoy: please understand Emperor Alina, this war is merely my empress's decision, know that you would benefit a lot should you reconsider my empress's offer.

Emperor-Alina: and what? offer compensation for her majesty? ha! do not mistake me for a fool envoy! I know that your armies are exhausted, and this is the perfect time to strike! leave! lest I burn you to ashes along with those with you.

the envoy gritted his teeth and left the throne room in anger along with his escorts, Alina sat back on his throne while Shale looked back at him with a concerned look.

Empress-Shale: my emperor, should you really have insulted the envoy like that?

Alina turned to face his empress as he sighed.

Emperor-Alina: it is necessary my empress, those barbaric expansionists should know that we are no cowards, they started this war and they should be the ones to compensate us, hundreds of millions have died to these beasts... remember that Shale, they cannot be forgiven with only gold and work, blood must be spilled.

Empress-Shale: sigh... then there is no other way...

Alina nodded as he held Shale's hand.

Emperor-Alina: I wished this war never started Shale, believe me, I wished, I prayed that-

red light suddenly lit the room, as they both looked towards the window where the light came from, the Azardun home world burned, fire consumed half of the planet consuming it in flames as the once purple and blue colored planet was reduced to a black rock, devoid of life, never have they both seen anything like this.

Empress-Shale: w-what is this...

while the two rulers watched from their thrones their attention was redirected as an Shi-intari general walked inside the room, dressed in a full golden armor and a green cape, green eyes, grey skin and silver hair the young general kneeled in front of his two rulers along with another general that had the same features as him, but female and wore an emerald armor.

Empress-Alina: General Willow, General Kass, I presume you have an explanation on what is going on?

the male general nodded as he stood up.

General-Kass: yes my emperor, I believe that the Azardun home world is under siege.

as shocking as the news is to Alina this news instead piqued his curiosity as he raised an eyebrow.

Emperor-Alina: huh? how is that possible? the Azardun home world is practically impenetrable, none of our fleets have ever managed to pierce its defenses, not one, if not all of our fleets have managed to even get close to the planet, its security is so tight not even one spy managed to get through, all were executed, so how?

the female general stood up as she interrupted the conversation between the two.

General-Willow: I believe I have the answer to that.

both the Alina and Shale along with Kass looked at Willow, waiting for what she had to say.

General-Willow: my empress, my emperor, I have news that might concern all of us, even the Azarduns.

Empress-Shale: hmm? what is it general?

Willow took out a small device made of gold, diamond and emerald before placing it on the floor in front of her, she then tapped the emerald crystal on in the middle of the device as it sprung to life.

embers and flames were released from the emerald and made a hologram like image above it as it made the hologram look more life like, almost like a window to the Azardun home world.

the royal guards, the generals, and even both the emperor and empress of the Shi-intari empire were shocked, their eyes widened at the armies that invaded the Azardun home world, dark metalic soldiers marched towards the Crystal Palace, home to the empress of the Azardun empire, marching through scorched land.

Empress-Shale: an army that walked through a sea of fire... through flaming storms, through burning skies and scorched land... a black, soulless army... devoid of life and emotion... a world in flames, a city in ruins... 

Alina, along with the two generals looked at Shale, the two generals except for Alina wondered what Shale was murmuring about, tilting their heads in confusion.

General-Willow: I beg your pardon empress?

Emperor-Alina: the stars shall part as seas will rise, skies will burn as bright as stars, an army of black shall march through flames, through melted rock and burning ash, so shall the world feel a dark god's wrath.

the attention was now redirected towards Alina, who also murmured to himself, he sighed as he placed his hand on his forehead, massaging it as he started to once again murmur to himself.

Emperor-Alina: I thought the prophecy was a mere lie, how I was wrong...

General-Kass: my emperor, perhaps you may educate us on the matter?

Alina returned back to his normal posture, leaning back on his throne as he explained to his generals.

Emperor-Alina: well, to put it simply, this was foreseen.

Empress-Shale: foreseen? how?

Emperor-Alina: long story short, an oracle came to me one day, about a few years ago before the war, he, or rather, it, explained something to me... the greatest to the entire Shi-intari empire is not the Azarduns, rather some other force, one that even toys with the very gods, likewise I thought the oracle mad, so I dismissed the warning. 

Alina paused for a second before continuing.

Emperor-Alina: but not after listening to the full story, it was foretold that the Azardun would soon try to look into the stars in search for a new home, killing whatever native inhabitants living in it, however, this would be a brutal mistake, for a dark god toys with the world, and its endless servants would retaliate in response, while their dark god watches.

both, Willow and Kass, along with Shale were taken aback, shocked at what words were coming out of their emperor's mouth, they wished they could merely take it as a joke but the facts were well in their face, as clear as day.

General-Kass: t-then we should immediately gather our forces and repel the dark god's invasion, perhaps out fleets will be best suited in attacking from long range distances, we-

Emperor-Alina: I think you do not understand general.

Kass paused as he waited for his emperor to continue.

Emperor-Alina: though the fate of the Azardun do not concern us your judgement is sound, true, we need to prepare ourselves when and if the dark god decides to invade our home but... we should never be the ones to strike first, lest we do not meet the same fate as the Azardun if the dark god indeed only attacked to retaliate.

General-Kass: then what are you suggesting your majesty?

Alina paused for a moment as he thought of a plan, then it hit him.

Emperor-Alina: is it possible to send one of our envoys to commune with them?

General-Kass: well yes, our shields should be enough to withstand the planet's heat, however there is only one problem, we do not know if they will speak to us, that is my only concern.

Kass paused for a second before continuing.

General-Kass: then again we could use time to our advantage, the Azardun do not live long, we are truly blessed by our goddess, that is, if she ever comes out from her coma to intervene.

Emperor-Alina: indeed general, it has been some time since our goddess has taken her slumber, however we must not falter, the tree planted by the goddess is still very much alive, and we live long lives.

General-Kass: it is as you say my emperor, but we are no longer dealing with the Azardun... well, not as seriously as before at least, we now deal with a dark god, from another world, who knows what horrors this dark god could summon, sending half a world in flames, that's... not even the dark god of our myths could do that...

Alina nodded as he agreed, he then turned towards his other general and asked for her opinion.

Emperor-Alina: indeed, General Willow, what do you think of this?

Willow nodded as she responds to her emperor.

General-Willow: yes, the plan is indeed possible, this dark god could be far stronger than the dark god from our myths, so it is best we avoid his, or her wrath, the Azardun are the example of that.

Alina, Shale and Kass all nodded in agreement, however Willow was not finished speaking.

General-Willow: however there is another problem.

Emperor-Alina: hmm? what is it then?

General-Willow: the Azardun empire, though crippled are not completely annihilated, most of its fleets are probably already reorganizing, it is best we eliminate the remaining operational fleets before we undertake this dangerous task.

Kass turned to face his sister while she did the same.

General-Kass: indeed sister, but should we encounter any strong resistance we should immediately withdraw and let these dark armies take care of whatever is left of the Azarduns in their home world.

General-Willow: indeed, this plan is sound.

both Kass and Willow turned to face Alina as they awaited his response.

General-Willow: so my emperor? what is your order?

Alina thought to himself for a moment, the threat of the Azarduns, though much smaller than before is still very much a threat, but not as big as a threat as a dark god and its servants, he knew then and there that he was now dealing with a threat that looked at him as if he were an ant, a mere little bug crawling in the dirt.

his fleets numbering over the hundreds barely managed to overlap the numbers of the Azardun fleets that still numbered over the thousands, even though the Shi-intari ships were far more powerful than the Azardun they were much harder to make despite being smaller, however that does not matter anymore.

there were only a hundred Azardun ships left in the solar system, this was now a chance given to him, this chance could either be for him or the dark god, either way he better play his cards right, because Damian has many.

Emperor-Alina: then, it is decided.

Alina stood up from his throne as he continued.

Emperor-Alina: proceed with the plan, send the fleets.

General-Kass: right away my emperor.

both Kass and Willow stood up before turning to leave the room, but as the doors slowly closed behind the two generals Alina watched nervously and started to reconsider his decision, but it was already too late, it was the only way, there was no other acceptable decision, all he could do now is wait and see, and reap what he would soon sow.

 

 

1