Season-1 Chapter-3 In the Dead of Night 1/3
133 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unknown-Time.

Damian explored the surrounding areas of his third base, moving his camera from one place to another as he watched American soldiers set up camp 14 miles east of his base while setting up a second one 21 miles west where the Azardun cruiser crashed and many Azardun crafts, tanks and soldiers lay dead, scattered around and inside the destroyed Azardun cruiser.

the night was cold, smoke still rose from the still burning debris from the alien cruiser, for once there was nothing happening for a moment, Damian didn't feel the need to rest nor sleep, not that he needed to anyway, he then selected his barracks to find a new unit available, the new unit was the [ Hero Class ] [ Overseer ] a robotic unit with multiple incredible abilities.

Damian: woah! a hero unit? I haven't gotten one of those yet.

with only the cheap cost of 110,000 [ Currency ] Damian immediately ordered for it to be hired, he then waited for a couple of minutes as the unit soon left the barracks in all its amazing glory.

Overseer: ready to serve General.

the Overseer spoke in a light robotic distorted voice as it left the barracks

the Overseer unit stood tall, about as tall an average human but only a foot higher, having a long black colored cap and a knight like futuristic style armor with a glass visor and a long right hand cannon and a long sword, the hero unit also carries a small pistol on its left hip, and a small jetpack hidden behind the cape.

Damian: cool! you stay here for now.

Damian selected the Overseer unit and clicked on a random part of the desert about a few feet away north of the base, then after the command was given the Overseer unit immediately followed the order as it moved towards its selected destination while Damian watched as it quickly turned to move towards the selected area.

Overseer: by your order General.

Damian then selected the barracks and ordered for four ASF-Agents before waiting for a while, after the units were finished being hired Damian took a close look at the new units, they looked so damn cool.

the ASF-Agents had a thin suit of armor compared to the ASF-Infantry and ASF-Sniper units, and they literally carried no other weapon, but they had a cape that covered their entire body, and had more abilities.

ASF-Agent: you call for my services General?

the last ASF-Agent spoke in a medium voice as it left the barracks while Damian quickly selected them and then ordered them to go next to the hero unit located north outside the base.

Damian then selected one of his ACTVs inside the base and ordered it to scan the crashed ship west of the base before ordering his hero unit and his four agents to follow the construction vehicle.

as the American soldiers stationed in the west watched Damian's units make their way towards the alien space ship Damian then ordered his ACTV to scan the ship after arriving next to the crashed Azardun cruiser, moments later the ship and anything in it was finally scanned after a few minutes later as Damian soon checked what was scanned.

the Warning once again came, this time congratulating Damian while multiple icons popped up from the ACTV showing three icons, the first was a house, second was a tank and a jet, and the third was a silhouette of a person.

Warning: congratulations General, you have just scanned ten alien units!

Damian smiled as he waited for the good news while the Warning continued.

Warning: you have just scanned a, Azardun-Soldier, Azardun-Tank, Azardun-Fighter Craft, Azardun-Cruiser, and many more, like the Azardun-Support Machine, the Azardun-Warrior, and finally the Azardun-Specter.

the Warning paused for a second before continuing.

Warning: the Azardun species are a warlike race that specialize in invasions, they are a warrior race that serve one purpose, to destroy all other inferior species, but, having their home world destroyed they now are forced to find another, and Earth was the nearest habitable planet, will you annihilate them? or leave them be?

Damian was filled with joy, since he scanned so many more units he was quite excited and did not care about anything than scanning and creating units for free at a very cheap cost and to finally create these units, little did he know that when he creates the units he will be using the souls of the species that had died.

they will forever live knowing that they will serve a being without free will, forever damned to live and serve, fight, and die for their master's entertainment and joy, forced to kill their own, and kill those that are targeted.

Warning: a new species has been discovered! the Patriarch species, an old species that was once the greatest civilizations in known existence, they look humanoid, once old visitors of earth, they were a small but powerful species, said to have lived for millennia before finally dying and reincarnating then living again.

holy mother of... did I just hit the jackpot of jackpots? Damian thought to himself as the Warning continued his little story while Damian waited and listened, very interested.

Warning: this specific race has inspired the legends and other religions like angels and gods, like Greek, Norse and Christian religions and the weirdly animal like gods such as the Egyptian religion, you can now summon these beings for only the cheap cost of 2,550,000,000 power or more, depending on the power level of the unit.

if Damian could still cough out blood he would, but the amount needed to summon one was too high, he would need the entire world's power just to summon a single one, the Warning once again continued to inform what was scanned as it showed what the last scanned units looked like as it soon spoke.

Warning: you have scanned a, Patriarch-Knight, Patriarch-Scholar, and a Patriarch-Elder.

the Patriarch-Knight looked like a normal armored knight of the medieval ages except it was all colored in white, the only armor it had was the helmet the rest was made from unknown cloth like material, the knight also carried a long, long sword about the size of an average human, with the handle being a foot long.

the Patriarch-Scholar however also looked the same, but had no weapons or armor, only a white cloak and a mask to cover the face, while only carrying a book and an strange looking pen.

and lastly the Patriarch-Elder, unlike the other two this one was much much more, distorted, it had no form, no shape, no facial features, not like they had any but only the white glowing silhouette of a human was seen.

though the cost was out of Damian's reach the Warning gave another solution.

Warning: if you could not afford this unit, you can simply pay power over time, would you like to summon the weakest one? it would only take about 11 hours seeing how fast the generators replenish.

the Warning paused before showing two buttons on the screen.

Warning: click [ Yes ] to begin or [ No ] if not, you may decide later if you click no.

Damian immediately clicked yes, and in an instant his power was cut in half, but luckily the generators were quick to refill the gap, and so Damian waited as he ordered his ACTV to return to base before ordering his hero unit and spies to go the Prince Sultan airbase west of the base where more aliens lay dead, courtesy of the ACR-Drones.

his six new Siege Destroyers, now relocated in Iraq stood silent, its red glowing eye lighting the city red, Damian could see it over thousands of miles away while his five units made their wat towards the air base.

once they arrived the scene before them seemed much clearer, it looked, peaceful, no bodies, no debris, no destroyed vehicles, only an empty air base with a few military planes, Damian then selected his hero unit and searched his skills, good thing there were eight skills and among them was the [ Scan ] ability, a very handy and neat ability.

Damian then ordered his hero unit to scan the only Boeing C-17 that was in the airport and that was still in perfect condition, before ordering the hero unit to scan the tanks littered around the air base.

the first tank to be scanned was the M60A3 main battle tank, then the AMX-30 tank, and finally the T90 tank, fortunately the souls that once operated these tanks were near so they could operated these tanks.

once the Overseer have finished scanning Damian then ordered it and the four ASF-Spies to go to Jerusalem as Damian ordered an attack move just south of the city, meanwhile seven American Black Hawks soar above them towards Jordan passing them while leaving a small sand storm behind them as they passed over Damian's units.

five hours passed as Damian's units rushed through the desert passing the Saudi Arabian border and into Israel, clearly the Israeli military have long been destroyed and what remains of their military were survivors.

with almost all of Israel's population dead only thousands remain, with millions of corpses littering the streets of Israel's cities and the capital, Jerusalem, where seas of blood paint the walls and streets of the city.

once Damian's units have arrived in Israel the mini map on Damian's screen glowed many, many red dots, millions of them, Damian then moved his screen towards Jerusalem where he could clearly see an entire armada of Azardun tanks and Azardun warriors and soldiers, luckily for him, he had a hero, and it was about time he tested it.

Damian then selected his hero unit and ordered an attack move on the advancing armada, in a blink of an eye Damian's hero disappeared only to reappear in the middle of Jerusalem.

Overseer: die! your deaths shall please the General!

hundreds of Azardun soldiers were instantly killed in a blazing fury of flames, the Azardun tanks and soldiers and warriors literally melted as the land turned into molten rocks and magma.

Damian watched as his hero tore through thousands of Azardun troops, however the Azardun warriors proved a bit harder to kill, unlike the soldiers they wore heavier armor and a bigger gun, and had shields, not literal ones but powered ones that could deflect tank bullets and other projectiles like bullets and flying debris.

Damian then noticed that his hero's health bar was taking some serious damage, Damian immediately ordered his agents to attack the Azardun troops, amazingly they were actually able to attack.

the ASF-Agents started throwing plasma daggers from thin air with a wave of their hands, critically damaging the Azardun tanks while instantly stunning the soldiers but soon killing them.

as minutes passed the Azardun forces stationed at Jerusalem were slowly being wiped out, by only five beings, as humiliating as it is, it was more scary for the Azarduns to face such terrifying beings.

they were without a doubt screwed, death was so near it was literally right in front of them, only a few feet away, yet their honor would not let them flee, honor through victory or death, stupid really.

the thought of fighting a being knowing that it is far more superior is quite stupid, even with one's pride or glory it is simply stupid to die a gruesome death for nothing, unless it actually achieved a good purpose, or at least something worth sacrificing the lives of millions of soldiers and other lives for something that is worth fighting for.

another hour passed, a few more hours and the sun will soon be shining, however Damian wants to see another great battle such as this, with all of the Azardun forces finally wiped out in the west it was now time to look east, but sadly Damian was not quite done, you see a few moments ago another asteroid crashed on earth, and a big one.

it landed just a few thousand miles off of Lebanon, in Cyprus, it was a 322 feet tall cannon, about 29 stories tall, almost 30, even though it was massive its attack power was paper compared to the Siege Destroyers that Damian has, almost comparing steel to wool and paper to scissors, from a small predator to a massive prey, such are the Siege Destroyers.

unlike the Siege Destroyer however the Azardun Command Cannon actually had a massive advantage, range, the cannon was meant for defending planets from land and shoot towards space.

but the thing is its only meant to shoot armor piercing round at ships that don't have shields, and targets slow moving massive targets, and not some ant that actually kills things bigger than itself.

Damian noticed the massive explosion on the north, then two more shockwaves reached him, then seven more, and then many more, Damian was then annoyed by the constant explosions as he checks the source of the shockwaves, only to find the shockwaves coming from many, many bipedal walking cannons the size of a massive building, 23 of them.

Damian was sold on canning at least one of these, luckily there seems to be no infantry or ground forces supporting these walking treasure troves, five hours of boredom, it finally payed off.

but looks like the Americans wanted to beat him to it, but Damian wanted to go get to them first, so Damian ordered his five units to cross the waters and into Cyprus, even if it took hours, but turns out his units are capable of walking and running on water, it only took an hour and a half to cross the water and reach the island, beating even the Americans to it.

the Americans, with their 24 Chinooks and 17 Apache helicopters were beaten by five of Damian's units only by running on water, even when Damian's units reached the shore the Americans were only half way through.

the grassy landscape was missed by Damian, such lush forests on the mountains, and a burning hell scape below, as funny as it was for Damian, there were no corpses to be found, not even bones.

all that Damian sees now are just giant bipedal walking cannons seemingly wandering the island, Damian smirked as he ordered his hero unit to scan the first and nearest one, a few miles south.

turns out the cannons can actually turn into stationary ones, and can become a fortress of its own, and can be hijacked too, good thing that the ASF-Agents have that ability, the [ Takeover ] ability, another helpful ability that Damian can use to turn the Azardun's massive defensive cannons against them, luckily its just as easy and simple as clicking the left mouse button.

but as Damian's hopes were rising a new foe emerges, an ugly looking human, an undead, and millions of them, good thing that the Americans arrived earlier than expected, because Damian is going to need them.

 

2