Season-1 Chapter-8 Paradise… 5/5
106 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unknown-Time.

waking up, Aster looked around to find her friends already awake, the skies clear and bright, Lios noticed as he walked towards her with some sort of wooden cup with brown water in it, Lios gives one to Aster as he sat next to her.

Aster got up and took the cup from Lios as she got into a sitting position as she asks Lios a question.

Aster: what's this?

Lios smiled with a happy expression as he answered.

Lios: chocolate! Zenon made it for us when we were still asleep, take a sip, it tastes really good.

Aster then took a sip from the cup of chocolate, her mind raced not because of the heat but the chocolate's flavor, it made her adrenaline pump right through her brain as her mind turned wide awake, her stress disappearing in an instant.

Aster: w-woah! what's in this thing anyway? it's good!

Lios smirked as he arrogantly replied with a wide grin.

Lios: well, it was my idea to put golden honey and a bit of sugar in it, so, it's good right?

Aster: y-yeah... very sweet...

Lionard walked up to them with a cup of chocolate of his own, taking a small sip before speaking.

Lionard: so you are awake, good, we are very close now, all we have to do is go down this mountain and down into the marshlands below... from what I remember, this place is the last remaining obstacle between us and Li-Aros, the capital city and the shining jewel of the very well known Shin-aaris empire... or as what it will soon be known as, the Shenari empire.

both Aster and Lios looked at Lionard with confused looks on their faces.

Lios: so all we have to do is cross some swamp? and a forest filled with... cultivators was it? farmers?

Lionard smacked his face with his palm as he answers Lios's question with detailed information.

Lionard: no Lios, cultivators... these flying berserkers fight with something like... chi similar to that of mana, except that they regenerate way too slow... they use chi to cast spells and enhance their attacks, most mainly use fists, and there are many different styles of cultivating from what I heard from Zenon, body, weapon, chi, enhancement.

Aster: so it's like magic and alchemy right?

Lionard: well... you are not wrong there, however that is not the only thing that cultivators are capable of, instead of being limited to magic attacks, or, chi attacks, they instead use all forms, from weapons, to hand to hand combat they call martial arts... techniques they use for more powerful and fast that deal massive amounts of damage.

Lionard paused for a moment and gave the conversation some though before explaining further.

Lionard: from what I remember in archives and libraries, chi can be dark or light, or even personal, unlike magic they can customize their chi... turning their weak attacks into powerful ones that completely counter the opponent's attacks, now that is what I call a complete cheat, however this only works for strong cultivators... masters they call them.

Lios: so only complete geniuses are able to change their chi or something right?

Aster: that's... that's insane, how are we supposed to deal with people like that?

Lionard: hmm... to answer that question Aster, the only advantage we have is... they are low in numbers, like Lios said, only geniuses can reach such heights to change their chi, but I do not think they have a counter to magic, I doubt they even know what magic is... so with that we have the upper advantage, our opponent would not have the upper hand.

before Lionard could speak any further he was interrupted by Zenon who stopped any further discussion.

Zenon: I think that's enough talk for now.

Zenon walks towards the three as he takes out a map from his new satchel made out of leaves and vines, Zenon took a deep breath as he continued to unfold the map before placing it on the ground.

the map showed various cities as well as the many landscapes and areas around Death Valley, though only one village was on the map, and as well as the city they were heading to, the capital city, Li-Aros.

Aster, Lios and Lionard all paid attention as Zenon spoke.

Zenon: we are very close now, we are only a day's reach until we finally arrive in Li-Aros, nothing is in our path now, with the support of the dark god and his minions we should be able to pass most obstacles without much resistance.

Lionard then used his halberd to point at the Forest of Fields as he drank all the chocolate within his cup before throwing it away on the edge of the cliff where it fell to the marshlands below.

Lionard: but what about the Forest of Fields? that forest is filled with cultivators of high rank, mainly second disciples and half masters, they will all prove difficult to avoid without us getting detected.

Zenon smirked as he replied to Lionard's concern.

Zenon: heh, we have the dark god's minions with us don't we? let's use them to get rid of any obstacles, judging by what I read about the history of the Forest of Fields this place is mainly used for disputes and political battles, so any cultivator we kill will be blamed on the other sects, and not on us... don't forget, we don't exist in this timeline.

Lionard then rested his halberd on his shoulder as he scratched his head.

Lionard: then, perhaps the marshlands may hide something, but still... if we do get detected what then?

Zenon: then... we simply get rid of any witnesses, or simply use invisibility magic, that would prove useful.

Lios interrupts as he voiced out the various problems in his head.

Lios: but aren't students usually accompanied by masters?

Zenon: hmm... you do have a point there but...

Lios raised an eyebrow as he asks Zenon to continue.

Lios: but? come on Zenon continue I wanna hear it.

Zenon: sigh... I don't have the exact number of cultivators that are inside the forest, the only reason I made this map is because I could see farther, if I had used magic those cultivators might have detected my presence and alerted their masters.

Lios: oh... oh... so that's why.

Lios frowned but Zenon assured him as he explains his plan.

Zenon: but not to worry, I am a talented magician after all, there is no need for you to be worried, I have many ways for us to pass through such obstacles, mainly by using poison to kill off lesser cultivators, plus, those cultivators' clothing mostly consists of robes with no armor, and even if I did use magic I doubt any of them can detect it through the chaos.

Lios: wait... what chaos?

Zenon smirked once again as he explained.

Zenon: let us just say... I have a plan...

Zenon looks over towards the forest, such greenery, would be a shame if there was a wild fire, but then again who would of thought about such mischievous plan, only one person, and that was Zenon plain and simple.

Day-Time.

20 minutes ago, 14 minutes into the imperial festival.

inside the Dragon's Tavern, on the fourth floor, multiple men in dark clothing were gathered sitting on chairs next to a round table, one of them toying with a small spark of fire despite knowing that their surroundings are made of wood, these men were thin, unlike the more normal people below on the lower floors who were enjoying themselves.

the group were located next to a balcony inside a private room with many fancy paintings and wooden statues holding ornaments that lit the room, on the table were detailed documents filled with sensitive information about the emperor, his weaknesses and allies, enemies and close relatives as well as the description of the guards that protected him.

Asura-Assassin-1: does anyone know why we are here?

the first assassin spoke as he crossed his arms while looking at his fellow assassins, note that these guys are from the from one of the less known Asura Sect, the lowest of the low among the four other evil sects.

Asura-Assassin-2: no clue...

the second assassin shrugs as he shook his head.

Asura-Assassin-3: Lord Averos told us to meet him here, maybe we should wait?

the other assassins nodded in agreement as the door behind the third assassin opened causing the assassins to turn towards the door in a panic and take out their weapons.

Asura-Assassin-3 Lord Averos! this junior greets the master!

the other assassins also greet the man behind the door as they all gave a bow of respect.

Lord-Averos: at ease! no need to be courteous.

the man spoke in a deep tone, judging by the tolerance of the lack of preparation of his subordinates this man must have fought many battles, and knew the ways of honor and warfare, this guy must have a lot of vows.

Asura-Assassin-1: by your order! Lord Averos!

the assassins kept their weapons as they gathered next to the walls while the man entered.

his form became clearer as he entered the room, his face covered with a red demonic mask of Japanese origin, his body covered in red samurai armor, and a long katana by the hip while also donning a red cape.

Lord-Averos: please, sit, all of you.

the assassins immediately followed the order as they sat on the chairs that were vacant, leaving only the two remaining chairs near Averos empty as he also sat on one of them after closing the door behind him.

Lord-Averos: as you can probably tell when you all joined the Asura Sect, this organization has been deemed as one of the evil sects by the many houses of Li-Aros... mainly, the House of Commerce, and the House of Zhen.

Avaros read the room for any signs of anger but found none.

Lord-Averos: I know many of you here only joined out of desperation, but know that revenge is still out of reach... those two houses are closely guarded by the emperor's vassals, it would prove difficult for any you to even so much as get close to any of their members... remember, there will  be a time, and when that time comes... you strike.

the assassins nodded, silent curses fill the room before Averos continued.

Lord-Averos: but know this... I assure you that you will have your vengeance, but that time is not now... remember who you are, do not  be blinded by rage, remember your purpose for coming here, do not become the one you hate, be better... 

Averos stopped his small speech as he turned towards the door behind him and spoke.

Lord-Averos: you may now enter, I apologize to keep you waiting.

another assassin entered the room, giving a short bow before speaking.

Asura-Assassin-4: I apologize Lord Averos but I have a message.

Averos nodded as he answered.

Lord-Averos: hmm, report.

Asura-Assassin-4: Lady Hana has begun her move.

Averos's eyes widened in shock as the assassin continued.

Asura-Assassin-4: she had deployed multiple cultivators in search of Master Isa and Master Alma... alfa and beta squads are awaiting your orders, they await in hiding in the lower areas.

Averos took a moment to think as he thought of an answer, his sweat dripped from his mask, time was ticking and did not wait for him, after a few seconds he finally decided as he stood up and answered the assassin.

Lord-Averos: then tell them to meet me at Sun's Peak, we shall meet them in the open fields!

the assassin took a bow before leaving, Averos then looked at the other assassins as he took out his katana.

Lord-Averos: come! it is time to shed some blood! let your rage be satiated by the death of our enemies! take up your arms and fight! fight for freedom! fight for justice! fight for liberty!!! bring death to the usurpers!!!

the assassins stood up as they shouted, raising their fists in unity as they chanted.

Asura-Assassin-1: death to the deceivers!

Asura-Assassin-2: death to the traitors!

Asura-Assassin-3: death to the oppressors! 

meanwhile as they chanted, in a nearby village a hero was born, born from the chaos from the bandits created, from all the blood and death a hero vowed not of vengeance but of a holy path.

vowing to destroy evil and write the wrongs of the world, and thus the journey of a righteous being began, a young boy at the age of seven shall save the world from all evil, at least that's what the prophesy of this world was supposed to be, he was not the main character, he never was, and never will be, too bad, for just a mere puppet on strings.

however we know better don't we, we know much, much more than a mere side character.

but let this hero grow, let him learn how the world really works, for Damian will not be here long, the world will soon burn, and all of the martial arts world shall forever change in the future.

but while all this happened, Damian's units and his allies slowly made their way towards the marshlands, walking down the passageways and narrow paths that descended down towards the lands below.

Unknown-Time.

in the present time Zenon and his friends slowly descended towards the marshlands, it's been hours simply by walking down a mountain without much rest, but once they arrived, they were greeted with a disgusting sight.

the marshlands were merely a part of Death Valley, instead of green mucky waters they find stinking red blood, many rotting corpses and hundreds of dead trees and miles of empty mounds of flesh, the skies polluted with undead crows of flesh, decay, no worms, no fancy maggots, but living, breathing, exposed, barely living creatures of death.

Lios: w-well that's not what I expected, I thought this was a marshland?

Lionard: well... it is but... filled with blood instead of polluted waters.

the group looked at the marshlands before them with disgust as Damian's ASF-Wardens search the area for any significant threats that could harm them, all the while the FCAD-Drones protected the rear.

Aster covered her mouth as she spoke her mind.

Aster: eww... disgusting, what a hideous place to live in.

Zenon: that, I could agree with.

the group then followed the wardens who continued to march forward, followed by the FCAD-Drones who followed closely behind them, luckily it was not long until they stepped on hard, solid ground, made of bones.

and low and behold, a castle, a castle of bones to be precise, tall and tough, with many types of bones to serve as the building blocks for the castle itself, many skulls littered around the empty arena shaped grounds, with the massive doors of bones just ahead behind the main gate that led inside the bony arena, filled with many skeletons and broken weaponry.

Lios: bones bones and more bones, is this entire area made of bones?

funnily enough though they didn't even realize, they were already inside the castle, and another lich, great, just great, that's how they felt until they realized that they were the only ones that were teleported inside the castle.

Aster: uh... Zenon? where are those knights?

Aster asked as she pulled out her sword.

Zenon: by knights you meant the dark god's minions right?

Zenon replied before casting protective magic on all of them silently.

the group pulled out their weapons as they prepared themselves, weapons all aimed at the lich who was seated on his throne, wearing silver armor and equipped with a silver longsword, with many enchantments inscribed on the blade, standing up as his eyes glowed blue, looking down on the four as he spoke in a deep, echoing voice.

Sanctus Malum: fascinating... I never thought that you would be servants of a dark god... I am Sanctus Malum, the ruler of a fallen empire, I would like to meet this dark god you serve under... I would very much like to make a deal with him...

Zenon and the others lowered their weapons as the lich continued.

Sanctus Malum: I can tell that you worship such deity, for I see dark chains wrapped around your necks... yet, it does not restrict your power, but instead, enforces it...

Zenon took a few steps forward as he looks at the lich right in the eyes, with a curious mind.

Zenon: so, Sanctus Malum, you wish to work with the dark god?

Sanctus Malum's eyes glowed for a second, he stood up as he stepped down the stairs that led to his throne and walked towards Zenon, stopping only two steps away as he hits the floor with the tip of his sword.

Sanctus Malum: I noticed you said with instead of under, this god must have promised you something that cannot be refused...

Zenon: I believe it's the other way around, we were the ones who asked for his aid, we were prepared to sell out souls should need be, we are only here because of the dark god's power, and because of our revenge...

Sanctus Malum gripped his chin as he became fascinated that a dark god would actually go to such lengths.

Sanctus Malum: such fierce loyalty... but I sense no lies, this god must be worth giving one's soul, fascinating... then I am convinced, I shall serve your god under one condition.

Zenon sighed as he spoke.

Zenon: I believe you are-

before Zenon could even finish his sentence he was cut off by the sound of the doors behind him being pushed by something big, the skeleton doors being hit repeatedly by multiple strikes as they slowly broke piece by piece.

Zenon: I believe you should ask them...

Zenon and his friends including Sanctus Malum all looked at the double doors that slowly broke, but with one final push the doors shattered, as the 120 ASF-Wardens and 100 FCAD-Drones rushed inside with burning visors and eyes.

without even a second to react, Sanctus Malum was already surrounded, fear immediately took hold of him, not the fear of death, but uncontrollable and instinctive fear, the fear of suffering, the fear of pain, however before the weapons of Damian's units hit him he was saved by a single word, a single command given by the person in front of him, stop.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0