It’s Going to be a Long Week… (Part Three)
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wednesday. Soon as her last class ended, Aika once again was dragged away by her uncle to the Sekihara's house.

"…I activate 'Artist Desperation' and conjure 'Googly-Eyed Porcelain Wyvern' in dominant stance!"

While Aika was busy changing into something Shinji had prepared for her, both him and Sei were playing a popular trading card game.

"Not so fast! I interrupt your play by conjuring 'Tanned Enchanter Gal' and attach to her 'Cursed Crotch Tattoo"! Transforming her into a potential succubus and pounce over your dragon with enough dominance to wipe him from the field!"

Sei grins in response and flips a card from his side of the field.

"I counter it with my set 'Restraining Order' card! Your magician gal is removed from play as long my Wyvern is still active!"

"Which in turn activates my 'Unplanned Pregnancy' and trump card 'Daddy Left to Buy Some Milk and Cigarettes!' Both our cards are removed from play and we must each deduct their combined power from our Life Savings!"

"…Wow. I'm actually impressed Sensei. Nobody won a match against me in 'Divorced Monsters' before!"

"Bwahahaha! I had to scrounge my closet for my old deck and blow the dust off their sleeves! It been a long while since I last played it! This top and bottom mechanic weren't around when I last played so that got me worried for a moment! Glad to see it's still a fun game even after a decade! Maybe I should try my hand at another championship when I get the chance…"

"I'll be more than glad to have a promising rival in one of those! The meta changed a bit since you last played it though."

As they put their decks away, boards and the mountains of snacks bags aside. Nyamo suddenly shows up and clings to Shinji's shoulder.

"Sensei…" She whispers something in his ear as his eyes widened.

"She's ready?! Did the outfit fit her or…?"

*Whisper, whisper*

"Alright!"

"Yeah!"

Shinji stands up and alongside Nyamo as they high fived each other.

The two then gestures Sei to sit on the judge's chair again with a snarky smik on their faces. Sei sighs as he nods and does as they asked.

"I've had the brilliant plan to make sure to cater to your inner Weeb today and sate my curiosity at the same time! Behold! The Magical Girl who runs through everything in the battlefield and smack all evildoers in the face with her herculean limbs! Sailor Bulldozer! Ai-Chan‼" As does his presentation, a pair of spotlights focuses on where Shinji is pointing at, revealing Aika wearing the same Magical Girl uniform she used to wear in the past but couldn't anymore now that Nyamo is bounded to her uncle for the foreseeable future.

"Wooo‼! I never expected to see you wearing our uniform in first person rather than in some sort of reflection nya!" Nyamo manages to clap with her paws in amazement.

"At least I'm wearing something decent this time around…Care to explain what was that about Sailor Bulldozer before I send you to meet your maker?" Despite the usual harsh wording and knuckle cracking, Aika looks more slightly annoyed and composed rather than angry today.

It took a long time for her to get used to wearing now familiar uniform in front of people back when she first awakened Nyamo. So she didn't felt as embarrassed as she did with the china dress or the cat-eared swimsuit.

"I meant that as a compliment Ai-Chan! Nobody is capable of stopping you when you set your head on something!"

"If I am a bulldozer, you might as well be a damned runaway train...So…what do you think?" Aika turned her attention to the boy still in the judge seat. She even spins in place while holding the hem of her frilly skirt and making a V sign with her free hand without prompting. Aika felt a part of herself died this day as she did that.

(Crap! I knew it already for a long time now. But, Ai-Chan really is cute…when she isn't trying to beat someone…) Shinji pinches his inner thigh to prevent him from speaking his thoughts out loud. He knew Aika would piledrive him into the ground otherwise.

Sei once again scrutinizes Aika cosplay from head to toe before saying anything.

"…The hostility is mostly gone, leaving a tame Tsundere-ish vibe checked. The Magical Girl uniform is a sight to behold in person too. But still, that isn't enough to cause move my heart or even cause a nosebleed. 2D women is still better than 3D after all. Four out of ten!"

"No way…That's ALL you have to say from this?! I'm barely able to contain the throbbing urge to take a picture and frame it up on my wall-ouch!"

Aika throws an empty can at the back of Shinji's head with a fraction of the power she usually shows.

"Figures…By the Pig, where did you get this uniform replica. Actually, I saw the other costumes you have it prepared while getting changed. How in the hell are you getting your hands on those? They looked professionally made. I doubt you had the cash to afford any of those."

"Oh. That?" Shinji replies with a smug grim he unconsciously made while speaking.

"These are all either costumes the Drama Club members asked your brother to make for them once they heard how good he was at sewing and liked making costumes! They owed me a favor so I asked to let me borrow some of them and I personally asked Akira myself to some them. I'm surprised he managed to make this uniform in just two days though with just a single sketch I that made! Completely handmade even!"

"I see. That's why they looked so familiar…"

(But I'm sure that neither the Drama Club or me specifically asked him to make any of them showing that much skin or skimpy in any way, shape or form. They are incredibly popular with the boys because of that so maybe I shouldn't mention upsurge of new members for the Drama club in recent years came from that. Aki seemed to make them like that either because he didn't give much thought or unconsciously did he tailored to his tastes. Maybe it is my influence? Either that or maybe perverted tendencies really runs in the blood of Tsunaboshi's males after all? Heh. Now THAT would be hilarious to know. If that really end being true…)

Shinji smiles at the thought…

"In that case…"

…Until they are interrupted. As he suddenly feels a hand over his shoulder gripping it with unmatched strength and bloodlust.

"I use 'Five-Digit Alimony' and conjure '30-year-old (Virgin) Wizard' in submissive stance nya!"

By the time it happened Sei had already turned his head away from the two and went to playing the card game with Nyamo while Shinji was apprehended by his niece with veins on her fist visibly twitching like worm.

"I thought you were just joking about it before when you mentioned back at Arcadia. How did you managed to get my measurements so perfectly? I'm pretty sure Father safely kept all of my medical records back in school away from the likes of you and I made it very clear for you NOT to seek them out."

"Urgh…" Shinji began sweating bullets and thought very deeply before opening his mouth.

"You see…I asked your brother's opinion and make them based on his percep-"

"I suggest start telling the truth before you end up getting ran over by a bulldozer for real once we're out of here."

"…"

The vice-like grip on his shoulder tightened even further. The inside of Aika's eyes were like a black hole and was sucking her uncle in. He knew the bloodthirsty look in her eyes meant trouble. Even for him.

"…I first asked Kittypaws to guess them for me since you 'wore' her before. But, she couldn't remember them exactly. So I then asked your brother to wear some of your clothes to check if we could use his. But, the chest and waist area were still too small to fit…"

"…" Wordlessly, the grip on his shoulder tightened so much that Aika could probably crush diamonds with her bare hands.

"…So I went and asked Edgy's little sister to wear them as a base and it worked! Now, I know the fact the supposed body of an eight-year-old having the exact same sizes might set you off. But, in my defense-"

*BLAM!*

A large crater was formed where Shinji stood.

"What was that?! An earthquake?!" The bodyguards on the mansion directly above the underground of Sei room grows restless as they could feel the shockwaves all the way from down there.

(Hey, Kittypaws.) Shinji starts to speaks to Nyamo via Mind Mail.

(Yes, Sensei?)

(Why can't we use that healing magic that we learned on myself again? I don't think I can keep relying on my own body to regenerate against the constant abuse of Ai-Chan if her strength keeps spiking like that all of a sudden.)

(Silly Sensei! I told you before! Healing magic cannot be cast on the user for same reason the salves are advised to use in moderation! The taxing demand on one's body is too heal instantly like that. Not only that, but the unsustainable amounts of Mana to properly tend even average wounds in a single spell makes it even harder to use! Especially if in combat! You are an anomaly to use them freely as you do!)

(Thanks…I'll keep that in mind for next time…time to take a nap…)

Shinji ended up taking a literal dirt nap for over an hour with the lower half of his body exposed and hanging in the air. He actually ended getting pile-driven into the ground like he had feared after all…

***

A few hours after the Magical Girl fiasco. Shinji, Aika and Nyamo left the Sekihara's Estate and find themselves in a small rundown garage a few blocks away from the old apartment complex.

As they planned their next move, Shinji is fixing his precious Carmen-Chan, a motorcycle three times the size of an average person which its engine hasn't roared in ages.

Nyamo is handing/playing with the tools in the toolbox while Aika sat on its seat with a soda can and lunchbox in hand as she sulked and scarfed the food down at the same time. (Shinji had to bribe her with the food he had saved for dinner tonight plus what he had on his fridge. He still couldn't convince his niece not sit on her favorite seat however. So he insisted to put a cloth covering Carmen from potential disaster as repaired underneath her.)

"You're damn lucky these crab cakes taste great."

"At the cost of starving for the rest of the day. They better be…"

"You said something Pig?"

"Uhm, nothing sweetie! Kittypaws, could you hand me the 0.7 screwdriver? The yellow one with a serpent sticker on it."

"Here ya go Sensei!" Nyamo picks it up with her tail without looking back. She is happily playing by pushing a screw back and forth with her paws.

"This got me wondering. Why do you spend so much time messing with this bike? I don't think I ever saw you ride it once."

*Beep‼*

As if in response to her question, Carmen flared her horn despite the engine turned off and without any prompt.

Caught by surprise, Aika chokes on her food.

"Nya‼!" Since she was right next to where the horn was. Nyamo got startled and jumped high in the air and climbed one of the wooden supports on the ceiling.

"Whoa! Easy girl! She's a moody lady like you and has a name ya know?" Shinji says as he caresses Carmen from the sides while he is still laying down.

"Back to your question though. You probably never will. I decreed Carmen-Chan retired from duty long before you were even born. I admit there MIGHT come time a when I have to pull her off from this stagnation. But! That's something not even the current me knows when or IF it that will ever happen."

"I don't get all this secrecy from you. Is there a reason for all this-"

Shinji slides back from the motorcycle and waves the screwdriver inches away from her nose.

"I'm gonna stop you right there, missy. Some stones are better left unturned. Eat that octopus's sausages and do not further prod about that."

"Fine. I bet it's probably something stupid anyways-"

*Klink!*

"Hm?"

Aika began wiggle her butt where she sat. She happened to notice something strange about it.

"What was that sound? Ouch!" Shinji asks as he turns pale and tries to quickly slides from under his bike but ends up slamming his knee against the wall in the process.

(The seat is a little loose…)

"AH! Wa-Wait! Ai do not flip that-"

Aika removed the cloth and pushed the seat aside with ease. Revealing a small and hidden refrigerated storage inside.

"What is all this?"

Inside was a bottle of a century old Sake bottle bearing the Tsunaboshi family symbol, stacks of vintage dirty magazines, lingerie models and many guidebooks about gambling. Such as 'Predicting Blackjack Patterns' and 'Easy Jackpots with Power of Your Mind!'. There was one thing in particular mixed with everything else that caught Aika's attention.

A picture of her, Setsuna, Yozo, Akira and a third girl clinging onto the latter when they were kids and wearing costumes for series of street play Shinji had set up for extra cash back in the day. The play's name was 'The Five Heroes of Light…and the Demon Lord that demanded all of the World's Panties'.

The villain role was usually done by none other than Shinji himself. People who knew him well (such as Sasori, Granny Hasegawa and his younger brother) once said that despite his carefree nature. Shinji is usually very focused man while acting. Depending on his role or the story, he looked like a completely different person on stage.

"I thought I had demanded you to burn all traces of this play ever existing…" Ai looks at her uncle with complete disdain as she proceeds to pick everything up and starts to rip everything inside piece by piece.

"AHH‼ At least spare the magazines Ai-Chan‼ They did nothing to you‼" As he tried to desperately pull Aika's hands away from the storage. Shinji had a different thought hidden beneath his restless exterior.

(Thank goodness I had prepared that fake bottom just in case…)

Beneath the seat and the storage was a hidden panel going a bit deeper into Carmen.

The contents inside were his teaching license, a album and a bunch of photos from many different times scattered. Many of them are from back when Aika, Setsuna and Akira were still children flocking around him. Others were from were from his outings and parties with Bink and co-workers at the school staff.

Inside the album are group photos of mostly field trips and graduation from many of the classrooms Shinji was the homeroom teacher over the years. There were two photos in particular that stood out from the others as they were more worn than the rest. It was a selfie he took standing up next to a schoolgirl who was taking a nap up on Merry High's rooftop.

The girl had tanned skin with piercings all over her face and body. Her hair was completely bleached blonde and dark makeup that made her look like a complete delinquent.

Whereas Shinji was younger, had bags under his eyes, had a sharp glare. He is much slimmer and thinner than he is now, had messy bed hair and carried a wooden sword in his hand for most of the past photos.

Making him look unfriendly and rough looking, which in turn made him look unapproachable to regular people. A stark contrast of his current character.

But, a certain sense of warmth and kindness in managed to still be perceived in him, as evidenced by the few times he smiled during classroom graduation group photos.

The following pic was the girl chasing after him with her face red. His face grinning in the same silly way he does presently. The dates on the pictures are from almost twenty years ago.

Carefully tucked in a corner away from everything else was a small square-shaped box. The size which could fit the palm of a person…

****

Once the night eventually came, Shinji parted ways and returned to the Teacher's Office back at school to finish his overdue assignments. It's happening for the first time. Between his new duties as a Seraph and teaching, Shinji has gotten behind his usual workload.

*Growl*

"Shit…Doing this in an empty stomach is hard…maybe I could try and swipe an energy bar from a vending machine somewhere…"

*Knock!*

A pebble lightly hits the against the window.

"Is someone there?" Shinji goes check it the source and opens the window but doesn't find anything or anyone in particular.

(Weird…Hm?)

Once he turns back to his desk. Shinji finds a lunchbox sitting in the middle of it. Not only that but energy drinks, pack rice crackers and pills for migraines right next to it too.

"OOOhh‼ Did my prayers have finally been answered?!"

Hiding behind the door was Setsuna, who's was short of breath and tried to hide it while unconsciously smiling.

"An angel came down from the heavens and gave me food? For free?! Maybe I should have wished for the number of an office lady number instead…"

The smile on her face instantly turned upside down and frowns after that comment.

(It's probably Set-Chan spying/helping me out again. Ah...Such a nice little girl.  Saying that out loud might ruin this mysterious setting we have it going though. I'll keep myself shut. She might start asking me questions  I cannot answer otherwise...)

"Welp, I'm not one to look a gift in a horse's mouth. Thanks for the grub….AHHH‼!"

Soon as he took a bite at one of the rice balls. Shinji's eyes began to water, his breathing grew ragged, his skin reddens and mouth flaps like a fish out of water. He jumped tout the window directly below the school's swimming pool. Inside the piece of rice ball he had bit on and was now on the floor had a ripe habanero pepper hidden inside…

(It's your eighth day in a row I find you working in the overnight Sensei! It's as if you are punishing yourself with this work ethic. I just know that you would feel like I broke your trust if I intervened so kept it quiet. But I've seen you doing these all-nighters for seven years now! How long have you been doing this? Have you already been like this long before we even met too? If so, then how long? I worry that your body and mind will someday hit its limit down under the pressure. Sensei…)

Despite not being a very religious person. Setsuna prays to god that such dreaded day may never come to pass…

Meanwhile, in some abandoned ruins somewhere in Europe…

"Shit!" A large force slams against Crow's guard and he is sent flying by the impact. Breaking through multiples trees in the process.

(You alright Partner?!) The voice of Karasu flashes inside his mind.

"Yea. I'm alright. Just wasn't expecting that many constructs guarding this damn place…"

Indeed. In front of them were a group of Golems rushing towards them from every direction. Each having unique body shapes and glowing in a different color.

(At least that proves we are in the right place…)

A hand five times their size comes crashing down.

"Come to me! Shadow!" Cornered, Crow strikes back with his Tonfas hardened with the help his own outstretched shadow against the giant hand. Their foe crumbles under the powerful attack and turns into pieces.

He then follows-up and throws a knife at another lifeless Golem tied with explosive paper. It explodes immediately upon contact and Crow follows it up by performing multiple hand signs.

"Thy strength up in numbers! Shadow Puppet!" His shadow reflected in the floor by the moonlight starts to waver and suddenly rises from the ground and splits in two. It then jumps at another lifeless construct and coils around it. Crushing it into multiple pieces of rubble and dust particles. The other half of the shadow retreated and disappeared into the night.

The other Golems kept charging at Crow but his shadow desperately does its best to keep all of them at bay.

(Crap! I'm didn't saved enough Mana for this…no other way around it! We are using 'that' Karasu!)

(Got it Partner!)

The shadow that had backed away to hide itself suddenly boils into a pile of goo as it starts to stretch and spread onto the almost the entire forest area. Covering the ruins, animals and insects of the forest into some sort of dome. All their sounds were abruptly silenced. Not even a single cricket could be heard inside. The surrounding area turned completely pitch black.

(All lifeforms in the next five hundred meters are shielded Partner! No need to hold back!)

Inhaling deeply. Both Crow and his three legged friend proceeds to shout from the depths of their united soul:

"LET'S DO THIS‼"

Crow lowers his blunt weapon, closes his eyes and takes another deep breath. Large amounts of Mana began to irradiate from within his body at the same time. Runic symbols are suddenly revealed in the pair of Tonfas and glowed intensely as its wielder started chanting:

"Sylph! Embodiment of Freedom! Lady of Northern Wind! I beg of thee! Bestow upon us your blessings unrefined …"

Following his chanting, Crow spins one of his Tonfas absurdly fast before stabbing the other into the ground. He then uses the momentum to thrust the other Tonfa deep into the earth as well.

"The calm before the storm! Typhoon!"

*WOOOSSHHH‼!*

An immense explosion of wind surges from beneath the ground followed by powerful tremors.

All of the attacking Golems crumbled alongside the soil, leaving nothing of them behind.

Even some of the trees were either uprooted or blown away by the strong gusts of winds, despite the shadow trying to desperately hold them together. Multiples scratches torn by the very wind could be found everywhere. Various sections of the forest were also left warped by the devastating attack.

Once the first shadow returned to below Crow's footing and only showed the lower half of his body. The blobby mass began to dissolve and let go of its surroundings. The soothing sound of nature and its inhabitants quickly returned as if nothing had happened and the shadow slithered back into Crow's body. His upper half now restored as well.

*Phew!*

Releasing a tired sigh, Crow undoes Karasu transformation and he perches on his shoulder as they make way towards the small alcove inside one of the ruins.

It was in the same place of the rune Karasu had accidentally stepped on earlier which awoken the Golems from their deep slumber.

Further inside was a well-kept treasure chest despite being covered in dust and cobwebs.

The two nod at each other as they readied themselves for any more surprises and opened the chest.

Inside was a bottle of a century aged wine written 'Pixie's Blood' on its label. Once he confirms its authenticity by putting liquid inside the bottle against the moonlight.

Crow coms Agnicia not via Mind Mail. But through the use an ancient artifact the latter gave him this morning. A matching set of orb-shaped earrings. Formerly used by the high chain of command of Elves and their army during the uprising of Dark Elves eight hundred years ago.

(Bea. It took us some time. But, we finally found it!)

(Perfect! I'm in Asia right now! It wasn't easy. But, I've also found the shark-fin buns and honeyed dumplings Nee-Sama loves it too!)

(Great! Now if you excuse me. I was in the middle of a delivery when she demanded me to figure out a way to get hands on one of these…She better refund for the damages done to my work clothes!)

Stepping outside the darkness of the night reveals that Crow is currently wearing a damaged cap, black overalls, full of cuts and one sleeve torn in the fight. Both the backside of his clothes and his cap have 'Blackbird Express' written on it.

A Cheetah jumps out of one of the bushes and gets closer to Crow with a small cardboard box in its mouth. He lets it go beneath his feet. Crow picks it up right away and pets the oversized feline in the head.

*Nya!* It answers with a meow and purrs while it rubs its head against his knee.

(I was wondering how you made there so fast…)

(I couldn't afford a plane ticket like you and flying by using my Tonfas as propellers is too tiring or damage the goods. So I just grabbed a map and swam all the way here.)

(…Aren't you in France right now? How do you plan to make it back?)

(I'll just swim my back while Karasu flies ahead. He delivers the package for me and shelves the damn wine bottle on my freezer or something. Shouldn't take too long. I'll be home by the morning. Hopefully just in time to cook Ayumu breakfast and attend tomorrow's seminar...)

(Geez! You could have at least asked me before deciding things on your own! She might be a slave-driver but you sometimes are not better than her!)

Their conversation is interrupted by a third voice appearing in the conversation.

(Would you prefer to risk the damn bottle and tell that to her face then?)

(N-Nevermind…I don't want another 'Bloody Bird Parade' happening again…)

The pair began shiver just thinking about what could happen in that scenario.

(Sometimes, I forget how brutal Nee-San can be when the two of you are involved…)

(No kidding.) Both Crow and Karasu responded the exact same thing at the same time.

(Her Spartan training might have paid off and I certainly appreciate it now but it came at too big of a big price! That hag better enjoys these…what in the world do I look like? Her gopher?)

(I almost got featherless once!  She also tried to roast me when I tried to tell her age at one of her co-workers asked me while looking like you!)

(Well, I at least know of one more person who will be overjoyed with her coming over…)

(Can't wait to see Sensei's jaw drop on the floor. It would be a nice payback for all the teasing he does at our expense for a change…)

It was a very busy yet still not unusual night for the two veterans who had begun making preparations for what is to come…

****

Thursday.

"…Alright Sei! If the weeb approach doesn't work. Then I must come out with the big guns and take advantage of your gamer side instead! Ahem!" Shinjirou clears his throat, grabs the microphone Nyamo threw at him midair and shouts: "BEHOLD‼ RPG FANTASY DREAMS OF GEEK BOYS EVERYWHERE‼ BIKINIIIIII ARMOOORRR‼!" He screams in a public announcer-esque manner to the points his voice cracks and step aside.

Behind him was Aika wearing a highly revealing outfit. She's wearing a helmet adorned with wings, shoulder guards that knights tend to use, cape and iron greaves. Her upper body was practically exposed entirely with nothing but a thin steel breastplate covering the flat surface of her chest.

"Damn pig! You better watch out where you sleep next…"

"Trust me. I'm not happy about this choice of clothing either. But desperate times calls for desperate measures…"

Shinji whisper into her ear. Aika noses twitches and closes her nostril with one hand:

"Ugh! Stay away from me! Your breath reeks of booze!"

She tries to push her uncle aside but the motion makes the breastplate slip out a little.

"Wha…"

"Sensei!"

"Got it!"

Exchanging their intent without needing any words. Shinji picks up an iron bar off the floor and uses it to prevent an accidental nipple slip while Nyamo quickly hops onto her shoulder presses then back in place as she uses her tail to put two small cotton balls to fix them in place.

"Phew! That was close one! I can't believe your chest is so flat the armor cannot stay in place! At your purity is preserved. You wouldn't be able become a bride anymore if the worst had happened…"

"Th-Thanks…"

The situation happened so suddenly that Aika was too stunned to get angry at the present situation.

"…"

Nyamo then raises her head and peeks the silent guest of honor (still in the same jury chair they've used the entire week.)

"…I commend your dastardly attempt! However, that is to no avail Sensei! You three should just give up now and accept your fates as my servants!"

"EHH?! Since when was I included on that bet nya?!" Nyamo eyes bulged out of her sockets in shock.

Feeling something aching inside her non-existent chest. Aika fell to her knees.

(I don't know if I should be glad that idiot didn't reacted to this! I feel like I just lost something as a woman…)

"Shit! This isn't over yet! Ya hear me?!"

Refusing to resign to his fate. Shinji grabs his niece by the wrist and escapes the room.

"Ah! Sensei! Wait for me!"

Once Nyamo scampered away as well. Sei took a deep breath and let go of his right thigh which he was strongly pinching on.

(That was close one. My heart almost skipped a beat from that! Gross! I almost reacted to a 3D girl! I better cleanse this bad taste in my mouth with testing those units from Nitroheart event banner…)

Two hours later. In front of the 'Black Cat Apartment Complex' is the White Rose Park…

"Alright everyone! This our last practice session we'll have until the tournament! Winning or losing, I'm proud to call myself coach of the Manly Busters! Now! What is our team's motto?!"

"To have fun!" The group of neighborhood kids surround Shinji and places their hands on top of their coach.

"Buzzt! Wrong! That's the second most important thing! Now, I'll ask again! What is our team's motto again?!"

"To look cool in front of girls!"

"Huh?! I'm too fat behind the ears to hear such feeble voices! Louder!"

"TO LOOK IN FRONT OF GIRLS‼"

"Bwahaha! That's right! Chicks digs men that know how to swing a bat properly! Let's do this‼"

"YEAHH‼!"

After thunderous rallying cry, everyone goes to their position. Except their coach and Aika, who was standing behind him facepalming herself with the mitt in her hand.

"Why are we here doing this again?"

"I forgot that I had promised to play with the kids today. We can't grow complacent with a match hanging around the corner!"

"I meant why are we doing this when we still have to deal with the stupid bet you made?! Don't you see we have bigger problems at hand?!"

"Which is why you should help me with this so we can focus on that later! Geez! Set-Chan once told me that you sometimes help your father with his guest's children or babysat around the neighborhood! Here I thought this would help cheer you up!"

"That's not the problem here Pig! Besides, the only reason I do that sort of stuff from time to time is because of Len-"

"C'mon Ai-Chan! Let's just enjoy the game for now!"

Bink (who was invited by Shinji to tag along) puts his hand over her shoulder while having a paper bag over his head. But Aika slaps it away at the same second and then pulls the paper bag out of his face.

"Are you even listening Cockroach?! We don't have the time to-Gyah‼"

Seeing Bink's face made Aika instinctively step back out of fear. His nose was all bloody and runny, face absolutely swollen to three times the normal, eyes bloodshot and full of injuries.

"You two can worry about whatever is troubling you later! Let's focus on the kids and help Mammoth-Kun gathering source material for now! I didn't know this game was so much fun! I learn something new about you humans every day!"

Bink reassures Aika and waves at Mammothhead. Who was sitting away from the game on a grassy hill with a sketchbook and pen on his hand.

"Geez! I told you already Speedo! You are supposed to catch the ball with your hands and not your face! The kids can't train like this!"

Shinji sneakily hands Bink a bit of his healing salve. Restoring his human face to its normal shape without any of the kids or passersby notice.

"Sorry! Sorry! It's force of habit! I promise to do my role as umpire properly Sensei!"

"That's great. I might be the stand-in pitcher for now but that doesn't mean you can-hm?"

Shinji suddenly bends his neck to the side, above the hill into the streets. The rest of the group curiously look at what caught his attention.

There was a person walking through the sidewalk inside a stuffy-looking penguin costume.

"Just the person I was looking for! Oii‼ Edgy‼" Shinji starts to run at that person's direction waving his hand energetically.

*Sigh*

Following that sigh, the person removes the head part of his costume. Revealing that the person inside was Crow.

"How did you knew it was me Sensei? I made sure to erase my presence and walk naturally as I could…

"Bwahahaha! I already you before! The same trick won't work on me twice! Changing the subject though. We haven't seen you in a quite some time!"

"Isn't it hot inside that costume? I'm sweating just from looking at you…"

"That's because I'm loaded with work as you can clearly see. Even had to go to Europe on a mission yesterday."

"Were you scavenge hunting for Artifacts again?"

"More like finding an offering rather than scavenge hunting if you ask me…"

"Hm? What was that?"

"Ne-Nevermind! It's nothing important!"

(Weird. I don't think I've ever seen him flustered like this without my input. Which reminds me…heh.)

A devious grim surface on his lips. Noticing it, Crow began to slowly walk away from him.

"If you excuse me. I just ended my shift was about to go home and replenish my little sister battery. I die if I don't charge everyd-"

"Why don't you stay and play with us for a bit? Surely Sunny wouldn't mind if I borrowed her big brother for just a bit longer."

Resigning to his fate. Crow stopped resisting and gets out of his sweaty costume in the meantime.

"I guess this could count as a workout…what are we playing?"

"Baseball."

"!" Crow flinched for a moment upon hearing that word.

"…I do not know the rules of this game. Sorry if I can't be of any help here. Sensei."

"Reaaaaallllyyyy? I remember hearing stories of both Sunny and Birdie bragging about you being the best batter they've ever seen! Tales about the fourth batter 'Miracle Man' of the 'Merry Bastards' Youth Division is still talk around these parts even to this day!"

"I don't know what you are talking about! Th-That was a long time ago!"

"Oh! I just a bright idea! Why don't we call them here and watch us pla-"

"Anything but that! I'll play! But please Sensei, don't tell anyone or drag Ayumu into this!"

Bearing an uncommon desperate look to his face. Crow pleads Shinji. Going far as deeply bowing in front of him.

(Can't say I was expecting this sort of reaction…No need to push it further if it's something that complicated for him to do so.)

"I give you my word. But our team still need to practice." Shinji answers back with serious expression of his own before turning to his goofy ways.

"Now, let's see those moves!"

Minutes later…

"Oraa!"

*Blam!*

"Oh come on!!"

"Wooo‼" Everyone in the field is left speechless before the events unfold in front of them.

It's the eighth homerun Crow scored in a row. Everyone is surprised that he accomplished this when nobody else (including Aika) managed to even graze the ball from Shinjirou's insane lightning-fast pitches. Both started getting blisters on their hands.

(I knew it already. Sensei's strength is a force to be reckoned with…My eyes barely can keep track of his throws. My arm is starting to get numb too. Not even the Golems yesterday were that strong…)

(Forget joining the team! My pride as a star pitcher is at stake here! I ain't letting this end without at least one strike on my end!)

Before the destructive force behind Shinji's pitches, enough to be equal against a howitzer. Crow right arm was starting to shake a little.

Half a hour later. Some of the kids gave up on the practicing and started playing catch amongst themselves.

(Maybe I shouldn't have given my word that quickly. We would have a new star player in our hands if I didn't…)

"We are out of balls! I'll go pick them up Sensei!"

Bink enthusiastically climbs the staircase and picks the lost ball out of field. Most of them flew more than a hundred yards away.

"It's starting to get late! Oi! Pig! Help me out with the rascals here!"

"Rascals huh? Here I thought you would end up losing your patience and backdrop at least one of them by now…"

"Don't you worry. The only one who manages to push me that far is you and maybe that pathetic excuse of a demon over there." His niece points her thumb at the demon chasing after the stray balls their game caused.

"Guess I'm honored to have such an exclusive role in your mind then…By the way Hibiki-Kun, I advise against doing that to her if I were you. Unless you have a death wish…"

Confused with whoever her uncle was talking to. Aika looks behind her and finds one of the children crouching right between her legs. He was about to pull a prank on her by stabbing her in the butt with his fingers..

He took his coach advice to heart once he saw the murderous look Aika gave him as his face turned blue and ran away.

"Get back here!" Aika ran after the kid.

"Guess I should help you herd them together and bring them hom-Gwah!"

Shinji yelps in pain for a moment and clutches his left shoulder.

(Shit! Stupid body! Not now! Especially in front of Aika and the kids! Endure till we get home! Please!)

(I'm not the only who's good at keeping secrets or lying with a straight face huh…)

Knowing how he works and respecting Ero-Sensei's wishes. Crow not only pretended not to notice him his shoulder acting up and kept it to himself. But made sure that nobody saw him like that until they parted ways…

****

Friday.

"Alright little boy! I'm pulling mankind's greatest creation since Brazilian wax and condoms out of the arsenal! If this doesn't get you rocks going. I don't know what will!"

Aika, her uncle and Nyamo once again made their way to Sei's room once classes had ended.

"Now is not a good time!"

But he is completely different from the past few days. Sei appears to be in a bad mood and instead of playing games or looking disinterested. He is tuning his human-sized Mech with a bunch of both magical and mechanical tools.

"Did something happened Sei?"

"What do you think?! Mom started nagging me again since she thinks you are taking your sweet time to convince me! Thank god tomorrow is the last day I'll have to worry about this sort of thing! Having you vouching for me will finally shut her up for good!"

"Heh! I wouldn't be so sure about that! Witness the glorious ingenuity of mankind!"

Presented with the red carpet yet again. Aika steps into the room. This time wearing a pair of glasses and a maid uniform.

"Maid uniforms‼"

"Sigh…" Aika don't even have the energy to rebuke anymore.

"…"

After a long moment of silence. Shinji starts speaking:

"There's more to it! Before you give your verdict. Understand what years of degeneracy the man managed to accomplish!"

Following strong gust of wind Shinji changed his niece into multiple kinds of the article of clothing. Chinese, French, Victorian, Kimono, Cropped top with miniskirt and even military. Aika accepted with minimal resistance.

"I poured all that remained from my last salary into this! Now! What do you have say about it? I promise to try and restrain Ai-Chan if you go overboard! No need to mince your words!"

"I'm not a maid aficionado like you Sensei. Now get lost. I have a robot to upgrade."

Sei closed himself with that and started ignoring the group. Seeing no point in remaining there. Aika already left the room, leaving the other two behind.

"Let's go back and strategize our next move Sensei." Nyamo tugs at his sleeve and pulls on him.

"No way! Those were my last resort! Argh! Why are you playing so hard to get?! Ouch!" Shinji tugs at his hair and bumps his elbow at one of the shelves next to him. A bunch of books fell on top of his foot.

"Geez! You don't have to get desperate Sensei! I just know you will find a way through this nya!" Nyamo started piling the books together as he crouches and helps her.

"Maybe we can find some clue in one those of books. Hopefully he didn't get rid of all physical goods and I can find a dirty magazine hidden in here somewhere…Hm?" Something in particular catches the teacher's eye.

"Did you found something nya?"

(A yearbook? From St. Marise?) Flipping at the pages. Shinji stops and stares at his classroom group photo from last year. Sei was already missing by the time that photo was taken. But, something about it kept the teacher's eyes glued to them.

(I get the feeling I am missing something important here…But what is it?) He decided to take the yearbook with him and picked up his pace to the elevator…

****

Back at Shinji's apartment. Since they went straight to Sei's mansion, nobody had lunch yet. Shinji invited the two to a ramen shop close to his home while they planned their next move.

"Alright everyone. I'll admit. I am fresh out of ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions?" Shinji asks with his mouth full.

Gulping an entire bowl of soup. Nyamo raises her paw high while hiding inside Aika's shirt.

"Yes, Kittypaws?"

"Maybe the problem lies in our model? She may have the body type he prefers but her twisted personality might be hindering the process?"

"Oh my! I have no idea what you are talking about! Phaw! Delicious!" Aika asks with a smile while devouring her noodles and then moving on to her next plate.

"I been wondering about this for a while. Did something happen Ai-Chan? You are starting to scare me."

"I just came to the conclusion that I can always just kill you both if things start to turn south tomorrow!"

"Jesus Christ girl! Don't say dark stuff like that with a smile on your face! Drop the knife too! Didn't I already told you what his mother will do if we did that?!"

"That's okay. She can just join you two in the grave then!"

(Ai's mind is starting to break under the stress nya…)

"Sigh…What happened to the sweet little girl that called 'Oji-Chan' with a pure smile to her face? Hm? You also left the tomatoes alone. Aren't you going to eat them?"

Pouting with a pair of chopsticks in her mouth. Aika answers the question:

"In case you don't know. I promised myself to never eat anything red in life ever again after the 'Ghost Pepper Pudding' accident."

"Ghost Pepper…Pudding?" Shinji tilted his head in confusion.

"She ate one of Setsuna-San's hellish creations back when they were seven."

"I see…can't blame you for that. Given that I experienced the diabolical stuff Set-Chans prepares firsthand…"

"While not a phobia like hers. I'm also not very comfortable with the red color either Nya. I can't stare at it for more than a few seconds without getting a headache. Maybe the soul merging process makes a Sacred Beast inherit some of their partner behaviors with time?

During their conversation, the food that was left at the table quickly disappeared into Aika's stomach.

"Thanks for the food."

After thanking in good manners as her parents raised her to be. Aika then picks her bag and retrieves a large lunchbox. Inside were many kinds of cooked or stewed vegetables, scrambled eggs and octopus's sausages.

"You didn't eat during lunchtime today?"

"Don't be stupid Pig. This is just extra food Aki-Nii made for me from yesterday's leftovers."

"That's still a lot of food. Even for you…"

"Father started growing vegetables again and got a bit carried away. Better just eat them than just throw it away. It would be a waste of quality food otherwise. I started craving carrots for some reason too... So maybe that was good timing on their part?"

"We have to refill our energies while we can! We have been hopping from one place to another this entire week while planning our moves against Sei-San Nya!"

"WAIT A SECOND!" Shinji suddenly shouts and everyone in the establishment stared at his face.

"Sorry! Ahem…"

Realizing he raised his voice unintentionally. Shinji clears his throat, chugs his sixth beer today and asks:

"Would you two mind repeating the last part of your sentences?"

"I've craving carrots recently? / We've been hopping from place to place?"

(Carrots? Hopping around? Ah!) A flash of insight hit Shinji in the head as he has a revelation.

"THAT"S IT‼" Shinji began to gather his stuff in a hurry and gets of his chair.

"Sorry you two! I have stuff to do! I'll call you two later!"

"Wait up Sensei!" Nyamo tries to stop him but he was already gone like the wind.

"Let him go Nyamo. The food tastes better without him around anyway."

"But…he didn't pay our bill…"

"AH‼"

****

"I'm home…"

After managing to call her father and settles things in the ramen shop. Aika goes back home completely tired.

(Not only I had to clean some dishes but Father also scolded me! I'm going to Suplex that Pig next time I see him!)

"Ah! Nee-Chan! Welcome home!"

"Hm?"

As she makes her way towards the staircase realizes there are voices mixed with her brother's. Her eyes jump out of it sockets once she glances at the source.

"Gyeh!"

"Sup Ai-Chan/ Heya Ai! Hope you don't mind us intruding!"

Sitting in their family dining table was the three most popular boys(?) in the school from each year. Akira, Bink and Yozo hanging out in the Tsunaboshi's house.

"Yo-Yo-Yozo-Senpai?! What are you doing here?!"

"Don't worry. We were just about to leave! Us three were about head the arcades on the next!"

"Hey! Don't forget that I'm here too Ai-Chan!"

"Since when you two were so chummy?" Aika asks while completely ignoring Bink.

"Akira-Chan wanted to introduce me to his newest friend and we sort of got stuck together since then."

"I didn't know neglect play would feel this good…I LOVE IT‼" He began to squirm in the floor with pleasure.

"We…uh…also have plans to go at an idol concert afterwards. I left you some Nikujaga in a plastic wrapper. Help yourself and don't stay up too late Nee-Chan."

"Idol Concert? Are you going to be fine in a crowded place like that?"

"Don't worry Aika! He's with us! Inazuma shows tends to have a full house and rowdy. But I learned a few tricks to be safe in them!"

"Forgive if I'm being rude. But, I didn't picture you for the sort of person that would goe to idol concerts."

"Haha! None taken! You would normally be right.  But Sensei gets a handful of those tickets from time to time for some reason and started giving me some since last year. I became a huge fan of her and got hooked on it many of the series she began to star in! He is also the one who gave us these three as well! No need to worry about us!"

"We probably put Akira on a stage sometime! I just know the seats would be filled in less than a hour. Hm. Maybe I should discuss that with Sensei next time i see him. He would like a cut of the profits though...."

Bink began to have a internal monologue with himself and Yozo

"Anyways, we should get going if we want to have a try at one of the dance floors. They tend to have a long line."

"Ye-Yeah! Thanks for hanging out with me! Yozo-San! Bink-San!"

Bink stands and wraps his arm around Akira's neck.

"Oi! Oi! I thought I told you to drop the 'San' from our names already! Akira-Chan! Bleh!"

"…and I told you not to get so close to him! Just because I'm hanging out with you and know the truth behind his gender means that I trust you just yet!" Yozo pelt Bink in the face a steel marble with a rubber band.

"O-OK! Bink-Sa-I mean Bink! Yozo!"

"Let's get going! Inazuma-Chan awaits!"

The trio then leaves the house before Aika managed to ask anything else of them.

(It has been a long time since I saw Aki-Nii smiling like that…)

Feeling good about the situation despite the people involved. Aika made way back to her bedroom again.

"Ah! Nee-Chan! Just a moment!" Akira quickly came back and stopped by the front door. He then looked both ways before urging his sister to get closer.

"Yes?" Confused, Aika descended the stairs as her brother whisper in her ears:

"Does uncle have some sort of play going on? He kept asking me to make so many child-sized costumes…"

"Ahaha…." Aika deflected the question and tried to prevent the vein on her forehead from popping…

****

Later that night…

Shinji finally arrived in the complex after asking for favors from many of his contacts. As he makes his way to towards the elevator. Shinji still had one more person to call.

"Hello? Set-Chan? Yeah. It's me. Sorry calling you so late in the night."

"N-Not problem at all Sensei! Is there something you want?"

"Look. I know me and Ai-Chan have a lot to explain to you. I promise to properly to tell you all about it tomorrow! But could I ask you a fav-"

"Yes." Setsuna immediately answered.

"That was fast! You sure you don't want to hear what this is about before agreeing?"

"If it's for you Sensei. I am ready to do anything for you no matter what you ask of me. Anything" Setsuna did her best to put emphasis on the last part.

"…We should have a talk about the way you phrase things later. I'll take you on that offer for now. Thanks Set-Chan! I owe you big time! I'll send you a text later. Could meet us on that address by the morning. Have a nice night!"

"You too Sensei." She tried answers monotonously.

"Kyahh! Sensei!" Soon as the call ended. Setsuna began to rolls over her futon back and forth restlessly. She flailed her legs, buried her in her pillow and squealed like a little girl. Setsuna recorded her beloved saying good night and began to think that she will start to have some very nice dreams from now on...

"Phew. That's one less hurdle to worry about…" The elevator comes at the same time he ends the call.

Shinji unlocks his door and goes home for the first time in a long time. He immediately turns his TV on, uncorks a sake bottle and lights a cigar.

(I should take another look at Sei's yearbook and see if can find anything else related about his past in the last three years alongside what I already have...Hm?)

The news channel was being broadcast on the screen. The main headline in particular caught his eye.

('The Mysterious Arson Case of Dock #17'... still remains unsolved huh? Twenty years…God, has it been this long already? Christ, I'm getting old! But time sure flies…I wonder how 'that girl' has been doing ever since then?)

****

As Shinji reminisces about his past in his apartment. Nyamo and Aika raided their fridge and were already asleep.

"Ugh…"

Aika was peacefully sleeping and snoring in her bed while Nyamo was sleeping between her feet. Shivering and squirming in pain.

She is having lucid dreams. She can herself fighting side by side with two women. The first was a familiar person who Nyamo knew. Her black and blonde was recognizable from a mile away. Although, she was much younger and tried very hard to keep up with their pace. But no matter how hard she tried. Nyamo could not recognize the face of the second one as they fought through countless demons in their path. Even though Nyamo was clearly possessing that someone in the same manner a Sacred Beast would.

They reached the end of a corridor where two people stood and the very surroundings started to distort. The sounds began to turn into static and Nyamo's vision began to blur. She suddenly felt something warm drenching her from top to bottom.

(Where is this place? Who…are you? You aren't Ai and definitely not Sensei…so…much red…is this...blood? There's so much...)

Shouts of pain and cries for mercy were drowned amid the static sounds as she felt a hand grabbing her face, lifting them by the head and slammed against the ground. A searing pain began to assault their very soul asunder.

Amid the torture. Nyamo's mind and dream began to deteriorate as she tried to recall who that person once was. Her limbs began to spasm lightly.

"Aaahhh…"

As Nyamo began to quietly sob in her sleep. The ruby-like gem. That is Nyamo's very core of her being surfaced against her will. A black rune in a symbol was etched inside the crystal and began to shine in a purplish light.

That light began to bathe and soothe Nyamo. She started to get drowsy and felt her consciousness starting to slip away. At the same time, something was being forcefully pulled from her memories. Because the light was working as some sort of anesthetic. She didn't felt any pain in the process. In fact, she started not feeling anything. As sense of calm and tranquility enveloped her thought process...

"Nozomi…"

The gem stopped glowing and retracted after Nyamo uttered that name without even understanding the reason why that name caused her so much sadness, despair and pain.

One last tear drips from her eyes and her heartache completely stopped. Nyamo finally settled down. She was now soundly sleeping once again like nothing had happened…

0