Vol.3 Prologue for Grieve for the Departed
25 3 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Sensei! Are you there? Me and Kuro came to play!”

Ayumu jumps from the hole left in her apartment during their party a month ago to invade Shinji’s room.

“Nya!” Kuro is quickly follows suit and jumps into her arms.

“Sensei?” She glances around the room but finds his apartment to be empty.

“That’s weird Kuro? We did saw around the complex earlier didn’t we?”

“Nya!” The black cat nods repeatedly as if understanding her question.

“He was walking this morning a bit funny wasn’t he? I wonder if he was practicing some dance moves or something again…

*Clunk!*

“Sigh…”

Suddenly, the large metal door handle turns open and Shinjirou steps out of the mysterious cold room in his apartment.

“AH! Sensei!”

“Su-Sunny?!”

Once he noticed her presence. Shinji quickly closes the door behind him before she was dashed to hug him.

“We came to play with yo-Hm?” Ayumu noticed something a wet and standing out of his shirt and pants. There was a big bloodstain on both of them. His fingertips were also stained with dried blood.

“Did you…got hurt Sensei?” 

“Nya…”Ayumu and her cat looks at him with a worried look on her face.

Shinji was quick to smile and headpatted Ayumu and her cat to reassure them.

“Oh, this? I just cut my finger bad while preparing my lunchbox! I just went inside to pick up some ice after treating it. No need to worry!”

She tilts her head in confusion.

“Huh? But there nothing on the kit-”

“There’s some time before I leave for work! Why don’t you help me bake some cookies before we play for just a little bit?

“YAY‼ I want strawberry flavored!”

“Nya!”

“Bwahahaha! Anything for you little princess! Just let me change out of these reddened clothes”

Ayumu quickly let go of him and run towards the kitchen, forgetting what she saw already.

“…” Shinji glances at the metal door for a few seconds before walking towards his closet…

 

****

It’s a pitch black room. Aika finds herself unable to move her legs as some sort of giant animal shadow charges towards her.

“…Ai! Look out!”

“Aika! Setsuna!”

*Stab!*

The metallic smell of blood mixes with rain and invades her nostrils.

“Sen…sei?” She hears Setsuna ask with a faint voice.

“Blergh!” The sound of hurling follows her question.

“SENSEI‼‼”

“Argh!” The shrill scream shakes Aika from her dream, revealing it was yet another nightmare. 

 

Her entire body was covered in sweat as she verifies her surroundings and checks the movement of her legs. She’s still in her room with about an hour or so until her alarm clock starts to ring.

 

“Not this damn nightmare again…Why does his ugly mug keeps showing up even in my dreams? Fuck. They are getting clearer and stronger every passing day since last week too…Ugh. I need a shower and some coffee before Bink wakes up or else so help me lord…”

Aika quickly gets up from her bed and leaves her with a resounding brain-splitting headache.

****

(In retrospect, I should’ve known something was up with these dreams or rather ‘visions’ as Agnicia-Sama would call it. Even though those shitty dreams kept trying to warn me. I decided to just rule them as wishful thinking of my part and chose to ignore it. Because of that. We weren’t prepared for what had happened over the following days. I don’t think anybody was...)

0