Genesis: Lost Lamb
45 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"There is no God, therefore we will never be saved. 
There is a God, thus, maybe we'll be saved.
There will be no GOD, consequently this would perhaps  mean we would be saved."

Basking in the pitiful hope that someday I'll be saved from these negative  thoughts  dwelling inside, I confined myself in the belief that I would be saved. 


Alas,again and again, in an attempt to show how much black ooze their heart was filled with, they made me the scapegoat. 

To nurture their screaming pain, in a ballet dance of death, they balance me from right to left to the sounds  of their  left hook. Then, the right  one follows  up and strike me from behind. 

The desperate  melody coming out from my frail body carves up the memory of the assailants in my head . 

Alas, I direct myself to my home not putting  up a fight. How pathetic  can I even get. 

They beat me up because  I was smart, they excluded me, for reason I was beautiful. They bullied me everyday for their sole amusement. 

The world  of man is truly a place  devoid of any form of hope. Regardless  of how my relatives may have feel about it, the truth is undeniable.

Seeing as my parent figures aren't  home, I direct myself to the kitchen. Determined  to end it all. 

I grab the reaper's  instrument in the kitchen drawer.

The sense of relief  and fear I feel from the knife near my throat is truly exalirating. 

One single thrust and I wouldn't have to endure seeing how ugly  all of their hearts are. 

Even so, mine is filled by pitch black darkness.

Slowly, I let the tip come closer to my neck. Every passing seconds  feels like the last. Only one milimeter left and I would be dead . 

Alas, my cowardice prevented me from going any further.

I don't want to endure the sheer shame of being human longer. 

Must I never be free, must I never escape.

The sound of my tears echoes in the wall as if mocking me. Presenting a mirror of my pitiful self.

What did I ever do to them? 

When I think about, l never even talked to anyone in my life outside my family.

How pathetic. I'm human.

This frail body is capable of so much evil, yet it is so small and defenseless. 

Regardless, I need to go back to the hellhole they call highchool tomorrow. Nobody can perceive my eyes in those round glasses.

Reluctantly, I go to bed, not wanting to return again.

My eyes slowly close,welcoming Morpheus embrace. 

" Allison"

A voice calls out to me in the dark, cutting my sleep in the process. 

Alas,it would seem so it is again time to go into the Bruning hellhole. If only my parents were here, at least, I would have been able to argue over little things. 

When God take someone away from you, they never come back. 

I hate the idea of God. In his relentless mercy, my parents were killed in that accident according to his will. They'll never go back. They aren't here.

As I take a single step outside my door, I'm greeted by the usual scenery. Those kids in their so praised innocent, again throwing rocks at these poor dogs. 

Why do they find it so amusing? I don't get it. What is there to understand? 

Why was I born human? 

Are people inherently born evil? 

Even so, one that is but a coward shouldn't talk. As they keep throwing these smalls but fatal objects, I can't help but stand there and watch.

In the end, I may be as evil as them for enabling this event to happen.

As the poor dog shoot his last breath, the cackling sound of their laugh relentlessly resonates in my head.

Those assailants whose faces I know all too well,for they reside the same establishment as my pathetic self: Santa Maria Highschool.

As much as I despise when those despicable beings throw me back and forth each day, only for their single moment of pleasure. I feel like I have no choice but to go back to the den of the pain.

As usual, not a single soul step up for me. Maybe if I had a friend, they would. However, I refuse to even speak the smallest amount to a single soul in here. 

" It's that girl again."

" The one that never says a word?" 

" Yeah, that one." 

" She's so weird."

As per human nature, the only part they take in is to make useless commentary. Ridiculing the gravity of my situation.

When would they actually start to take action? The answer is clear,never. 

Here I was getting a good beating for being the so called weird kid. 

As the bell rang, they decided to stop. 

No other choice presenting itself to me, I took it to class. 

Per usual, the lecture was the same old boring jumbo. Honestly, the last amount of fun I ever has in this life was visual art class. In there, I could fully express my disdain for being born human.

Finally being done for the day with that school, I felt a sensation in my hair.

As I touched the spot where I had felt it, a sticky feeling encountered my finger. Here I was, with an used gum in my hair.

Who would be horrible enough to do this? The answer was simple, someone of human nature.

Continuing on the horrible day trend, another toll presented itself to me. A beautiful brown haired boy put himself in front of me, a smile slowly forming on his face.

" You know, Allison, I've been in love with you for the longest time."

Obviously, it was a lie. It could never have been true. Could it? Who would even loves someone as weird as me? Who would love an asocial weirdo like me? It was all so clear it was a dare. 

" You're lying."

I said with a cold tone, wich was accentuated by my perpetually dead eyes. The stare was reflected into my circular glasses.

" I swear on my grandmother grave that this is the truth."

How horrible? Of all the things he could have chosen to make an oath on, why would it have been this one?

Is it our nature to be like this? Are we really that far gone?

To add to the fire, his friends chuckles were very noticeable from the the other side of the room.

There could have been no way he actually liked my being. The answer was cut out from the start.

" I don't want to date you. I'm sorry."

As expected , this answer was immediatky followed by a :

" Who do you think you are,bitch!?"

If only the world ended there, perhaps I would be happy.

Suddenly, a tiny girl with a wicth passed by. Exchanging looks with me in the process.

Grabbing my hand, she expressed an interest in me.

" You shouldn't spend time with people like this. All they'll do is get on your nerves."

She quite looked like a little kid trying to go to a costume party. Were there people this small going to this establishment? 

" Follow me, I'll show you my perfect club."

As it would have seemed, I didn't have a single response and it didn't look like she would take no for answer.

However, that would always be more fun than standing there and listening to this guy charade.

As we traverse the halls, she makes me set foot for the first time into the one filled with clubrooms.

Clubs were never of any interest to me, as interacting happily with others wasn't exactly in my vocabulary.

" Hey, you. I'm not interested in joining any club."

She readjusted her quirky headgear,looked at me straight in the eyes and started rampaging trough her bag.

Not without surprise, she took out a gigantic book from it's inside. The cover was all worn out and the pages already started to approach the yellow color spectrum. Obviously, she never paid attention to what I said to her.

As she rubbed her nose,wearing a proud face like some sort of eccentric cartoonish character, she fired nonsense.

" I'm Heisenberg, witch extrordinaire. Head of the council of Salem."

" Is that your real name?"

Avoiding to answer, she opened the door to her lair.

" Wait,witch?"

" Witch!"

" Not very bright, are you?"

" As in witch?"

" Stop this at once, this useless back and forth is getting on my nerves!"

To be fair, in the end, I didn't care much. She could be a witch if she wanted, whatever that meant.

" Take a look at this marvelous council room, you mortal."

She boasted, managing to stand on a high horse, despite having no reason to.

The so called council was just an assortment of tables and chairs, arranged to form a circle. From her demeanor to her self praise, anybody could have guessed she wasn't all there.

Although, was I truly one to talk about that. No,in the end, I have no rights to judge her character, as my personality is just a blank that gets occasionally filled in.

" Don't be shy,come in."

" Sure."

As my steps progressed into the room, the drawing on the table became clearer. I had seen that symbol before in videogames.

If I remember correctly, the namesake for a star formed up by 6 spikes was "Star of Solomon."

" What are you guys doing in this room?"

" You guys?"

" ..."

"..."
She looked down at the floor,saddened. From this demeanor, I could concur she didn't have people to share those peculiar activities with.

Considering at the time I didn't have anything better to do, my choice was to indulge in her adventures.

" What do you do in here?"

As she lifted her head back up, my question managed to give her back all the energy she displayed earlier. Thus,finally answering.

" I study the occult in there."

" What does an occult club does, exactly?"

" We research phenomenons that cannot be explained."

She sat down and lit a candle, a curious smile slowly forming up her face.

" Could you close the door?"

I obliged and proceeded to sit down on the chair placed in direct opposition of hers. I could see her eyes sparkling with excitement from my spot.

As she spouted incomprehensible words, she placed her hands on top of the star drawing on the table.

" hO,taerg eno gnoma eht snevaeh,I erolpmi uoy ot netsil ot ym sdnamed. uoY,esohw eman nac't eb derettu, tnarg em rewop dna lliflluf ym serised."

I quite wondered what the hell this mouth of hers uttered,as the words were quite incomprehensible. 

She removed her hand from the star and pointed out to me, as if she designing me for a task.

Peraphs, following that girl was a mistake after all. However, contrary to the monotony of my usual life, this was far more interesting. So, I decided to humor her for longer.

" Do you have any wish to speak of? If so, place an important item to you on the circle."

A wish, was it, did I ever have one. If I had one, it would be one forgotten in my thoughts long ago. As I reflected upon all of my life, I remembered the poor dog these kids were abusing, as well as my own weakness. Maybe if humans ceased to exist,the world would be at peace.

Unknowing of the consequences my actions would lead to, I placed my glasses on the circle. This was the thing most precious to me, a last memory of my past self that I carried everywhere. All despite not needing to wear them.

The quirky girl in front of me was left agape.

" Such beautiful green eyes, like a diamond carefully crafted to reach perfection."

Somehow, this remark gave me a sense of warmth.

" Hm. Regardless, have you made your wish?"

" I don't really know. There's nothing I wish for in particular."

She immediately denied my assessment, dismissing what I spouted.

" No. Everyone has a wish deep down. Even if you don't really know it at the moment, you should have one engulfed deep down into your being."

She removed her hat,quite disappointed.

" Sorry to have bothered you. I don't really have friend in this school and you seemed like you were in trouble so I helped you. "

It reassured me to know she was actually a normal personn. Although, I couldn't help but feel like I had been saved only trough a desire to fullfill one own desire.

" You see, this club is gonna close if I don't find more members, so I thought it was a good occasion to show it to you. In case the idea of joining traversed your mind."

" I don't care about your stupid club."

" Stupid?"

She stood up from her chair,in a frenzy. Rage overtaking her.

" Don't you dare say my hobbies are stupid!"

The occult, who would believe in such inconceivable stuff aniway. Helping me only trough a pretext, it was unforgivable.

" So,you just helped me for your stupid club?"

" No? What is wrong with you? I would have done the same for anyone, regardless of this club. However, I cannot accept you saying my club is stupid!"

Obviously, there was no way she was telling the truth about doing the same for anyone. Nobody in the world would be that nice without a benefit in play.

" It is stupid. The occult? Rituals? Wish granting? Have you hurt your head? You're so delusional. You should grow up and live in the real world."

She striked her fist on the table, her hand filled with rage.

" You're no better than all those guys in this school! Why are you so negative?"

" Dreaming only lead to delusion. It doesn't matter if you have a dream or passions, in the end, the futility of life will come to remind you of the fact you have no purpose."

" What the hell are you saying! You're freaking out there, you know that? Am I supposed to be the delusional one when you come out with stuff like this!"

As we continued to argue, a black smoke emerged from the table.

How was that even possible? None of us had the means to do such tricks. Although, thinking about it,after all she had presented herself as a witch,didn't she?

" Is this your doing? Trying to coerce me into believing your fake witchcraft?'

Alas, the answer she gave me was not of the sort I expected.

" What did you wish for?"

She asked, a worrisome expression woving onto her face.

" I just tought about a world without the human race, how it would be better off without our malice."

" That's a grave mistake! Imagine if it came true! Why would you wish for that! However, I didn't expect this ritual to work"

Suddenly , an eye appeared into the black smoke. A singular eye looking right onto our souls. A black pupil with a red iris forming up the smoke.

A feeling of fear I couldn't describe came over me, consuming me from the inside. Preventing any movements from happening, as I was shaking in fear.

It was the first time I ever felt like this.

Consequently,Heisenberg was in the same position as me, albeit she seemed even more afraid. 

The thing, oozing black ink from the smoke, decided to specifically speak to me.

" Allison, I've been trying to reach out to you, my child."

Why would that monstrous being know my name? Why would it communicate with me?

" Similar to me, you have noticed the wrong path humanity is taking. Thus, with all my might, I granted your plead."

A wall of black fire took over the whole school, starting up from the clubroom. Burning to a crisp in the process the student bodies that passed trough the corridors.

" So, what is it, Allison, will you help me get humanity on the right path?"

Why in the world did this task fell unto me? I wondered.

I slowly reached out to the eye,trying to accomplish the task I felt was assigned to me.

Heisenberg jumped in front of me, trying to prevent me from going further.

" What are you doing! Why do you hate people that much!"

Black flames appeared beside her, ready to devour her.

I remembered how she took my hand to save me from that guy and jumped in front of her. The flames taking over me instead.The eye confronting me about my decisions.

" To think a Messiah would refuse their duty."

As the flames gathered onto my body, a light surrounded me, protecting both me and Heisenberg.

As I felt like my consciousness was pushed outside my mind, my body started glowing.

As the light dissipated, a sword with a golden butterfly handle appeared in my hand.

Complementing the sword, an armor with butterfly ornaments let itself fall unto my body, equipping itself to me.

Letting free it's black tendrils, the creature destroyed the whole room. Forcing us to be outside.

I could feel power flow into my body but it also felt like this body wasn't mine in the slightest. If I had to put into words how it felt, I would say it felt like I was controlling a character in a videogame.

Trying to prevent the creature from causing any more damage, I rushed toward it, sword in hand. I had no idea how and why but knowledge about this new body of mine and how to use a sword filled my mind.

Sensing danger, the monster created a wall of darkness. Preventing me from seeing any further. 

Using the knowledge I had gained, I slashed trough the dark room I was engulfed in. A ray of light emanating from the sword.

The powerful light pierced the darkness, however the spectacle in front of my eyes was quite horrible.

In front of me presented itself the school building, completely destroyed. Accompanying the whole, burned bodies were scattered everywhere. They were quite unrecognizable, their eyes and facial features burned by the hellish flames.

Looking trough the right, I could discern students crushed into the pressure of the building. They would never be able to walk again.

I was the cause of all of this. How would I have even been able to come to terms with such fact.

I looked around to search for the creature wich was nowhere to be found.

In the end, I was as horrible as the people I criticized. Wich was of no secret to me but still, how could I have ever participated in an outcome like this?

Heisenberg lifted herself up from the floor and walked toward me. It looked like she had noticed the expression of fright I had on.

" I also partially have fault in this incident. This isn't just on you."

" ..."

" So relax a little."

How can I ever relax, knowing I had put out such menace into the world.

" Heisenberg, why are you telling me to relax? Look at this, I caused all of this!"

She embraced me, as if she was feeling the pain and confusion in me.

" You can call me Lila. You must be so sad to wish for things like the end of the world."

" Why?"

" Let's fix all of this together, shall we."

As the tears took over, my appearance assumed it's initial form.

There was no way I could ever accept what my actions led to but here she was, not making me take account for what I did.

I had finally figured it out. I was wrong about her from the start.

0