Chapter 39
525 6 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Out of all these movie powers which one do you like the most?
  • The Stone of Gelel Votes: 7 21.9%
  • The Zero-Tails and its dark chakra Votes: 11 34.4%
  • The Chimera Jutsu Votes: 9 28.1%
  • The Ryumyaku Votes: 4 12.5%
  • The Ama no Hoko Votes: 1 3.1%
Total voters: 32

Sea water begins to pour in, filling the crater. The rising water picks Jin up and carries him to the surface. Water splashes onto the stupefied ninja’s face, causing him to cough.

Wha… What happened? I’m not dead…? Wincing as he comes out of his daze, Jin’s eyes dart in every direction until they focus on the heavily damaged rib cage surrounding him. But… I don’t possess the Sharingan. Is this because I ate the chakra fruit…?

His body emits smoke as it regenerates, the sensation of his bones and flesh re-growing makes the Onikage shiver. The instant everything is healed, Jin groggily picks himself up only to fall to his knees in agony.

All this pain… it’s like every cell is on fire and being electrocuted all at once…! Sasuke, Itachi… how much pain did you two have to endure…?! Jin manages to fight through the pain and gets back up.

“A marvelous show of resilience, Jin.” Shinno claps his crimson hands slowly. Rhythmically. Sarcastically. “I’ve already surpassed Lord Orochimaru, but once I have yours and Rito’s power, I’ll be one step closer to being a god!”

“For a minute there… I thought I was actually going to die…” Jin’s chakra flares causing his Susanoo to grow a left arm. I feel like death… but I’m moving.

Jin fires one of his Truthseeker Orbs at high speeds toward the reanimated ninja who blitzes to Jin’s side to deliver a mighty blow with his elbow. Shinno’s attack smashes through Jin’s Susanoo and hits the Onikage directly, sending him flying. Jin is able to quickly recover and lands on his feet some distance away.

“Don’t you get it? Whatever those black spheres are… they can’t touch me.” Kabuto sneers.

Jin points to Shinno’s left side. “I wouldn’t be too sure of that if I were you…”

Possessing Shinno’s body, Kabuto looks to his left and sees the black sphere hover just a centimeter away from his shoulder. The sphere begins to light up, growing brighter by the second…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A patient Rito looks on as a bright and massive explosion appears in the distance, a group of seven White Zetsu try to sneak up on him only to be encased in crystal.

“Freaky.” Rito has the crystal shatter, paying them no mind.

Two figures run past the young genius, headed straight for Jin and Shinno’s battle.

“Who…?!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All this pain… It sucks that I have to keep using the Susanoo in order to master and perfect it. A wincing Jin broods as many White Zetsu emerge from the water, surrounding him, all poised to strike.

Several of the Zetsu merge into a larger monstrosity who runs at Jin with scythe-like protrusions, but is grabbed by the Susnanoo’s hand. The hand slowly brings the larger Zetsu close enough for Jin to shove a Rasengan into it, killing it instantly.

Jin lurches forward, landing on all fours. He tries to get up, but for some reason he can’t move. At this point, black markings appear all over his body, his rage begins to curdle and fester due to Kabuto’s interference coupled with the pain from using the Susanoo.

Fuck, a paralysis curse mark…! Hiding his true emotions behind a smug grin, Jin tilts his head up to see two new faces join Shinno’s side. “Hizashi Hyuga and Kakuzu… getting desperate are we?”

Shinno has a concerned look when he notices that his left arm isn’t reforming. “I need to kill you now, but before that--what did you do to his arm?”

“You’re smart, figure it out yourself.”

“If that’s how you want it… Super Activation Wave!”

“Eight Trigrams Air Palm!”

Three masks form from Kakuzu’s right hand, aiming them at Jin. “Earth Grudge Fear: Final Shot!”

Don’t think, feel… As the reanimations’ attack are coming toward Jin, the Onikage closes his eyes and drowns himself in his emotions.

The three jutsu cause an enormous explosion the instant they make contact, leaving a thick smokescreen of steam. The reanimations and Zetsu watch the steam for a moment to make sure Jin is defeated.

“That takes care of him, now for the--hmm?”

Through the steam, a golden yellow broadsword bursts out and cuts down all the White Zetsu and reanimations except for Shinno who leapt back just in time. The steam fades, revealing a skeletal avatar with red eyes and forward-pointing devil horns protruding from both of its temples. It forms musculature followed by skin, wearing an expression of horror as it looks down on the reanimated Shinno. And in its chest and ribs, stands a battle damaged Jin who is in the process of regenerating.

“Three times.” Jin creates a shadow clone that stands right next to him in his Susanoo. I have to seal him away, but I need to remove his remaining three limbs first.

“What--what do you mean, ‘three times’?!”

“You damn near killed me three times…!” Jin and his clone both create a Rasengan while the Susanoo dissipates. “When I find you… not even your next of kin will be able to identify you, you son of a bitch!”

Blue and green chakra begin to swirl around them in streams as the two Jins bring their Rasengans closer together. Both Rasengans expand and then merge with several more streams of chakra spiraling around its center. It appears unstable, its shape fluctuates wildly.

Another burning red and black dragon of chakra manifests around the reanimation’s body as he gathers massive amounts of dark chakra in his hand. “No matter, I just count--GYAH?!”

Shinno looks down to notice a black receiver breaking out of his chest. He looks behind and sees another Jin impaling his heart with the black receiver. As the clone braces himself, he transmits his chakra through the receiver and into Shinno’s body; Shinno is paralyzed with his chakra disrupted and his Super Activation Fist disappearing.

“It's over… Sage Art: Ultimate Supreme Rasengan!” As Jin and his clone run with the improved Rasengan, the Onikage can’t help but smile.

The relief of not using the Susanoo has caught up with Jin, washing over him. As he gets ever closer to Shinno, he feels his spine tingle and his blood pumping. The prospect of winning this battle in particular combines his adrenaline and dopamine as if his veins are filled with narcotics.

“This isn’t over, Jin!” Kabuto’s tone becomes irritated in Shinno’s paralyzed body.

“It ends when I say it ends!” Jin plows his Supreme Rasengan into Shinno.

Another colossal explosion occurs; this time in the form of a green beam that strikes the sky with a giant blue sphere at the center of ground zero. The explosion quickly disappears as it came, creating a vortex similar to a black hole.

16