Chapter 41
434 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Out of all my OCs, who do you like the most? (There are no wrong answers)
  • Jin Yamanaka Uzumaki Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Rito Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Ayanami Hyuga Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Echo/Future Jin Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Kazuya Sarutobi Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 27

“Oh, c’mon--where’s my ninja tool? Please, I really want to have it back.” A whining Tenten pulls on Ino’s flak jacket as she follows behind, dragging her feet.

As both leaf kunoichi pass by Choji and Choza, Ino responds with, “You were told not to use it anymore.”

“Yeah, but I want to… and besides, I’m really good with that fan--I mean it’s a waste for me not to have it.”

Ino pays her mewling friend no mind as she continues walking. She continues down her path when she notices a crowd gathering a little further ahead.

“Huh? What’s going on here…?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You and your rogue friends attacked Lord Killer Bee as well as the Five Kage Summit. Will you take responsibility for Lord Raikage’s hand?!” A cloud ninja shouts from within the crowd.

The female samurai’s words of resentment have riled the crowd into a frenzy, turning it into an angry mob. Some have even picked up rocks to throw at the Rinnegan user and his friends. Mecha-Naruto’s metal exterior is unaffected by the rocks while Rito coats himself in a thin layer of crystal to protect himself.

“Yeah, get lost! We don’t want you here.”

“You bring nothing but dishonor to the entire Leaf Village!”

Honestly, I’m just surprised that it took this long for anyone to give me flak. Jin has already tuned the mob out.

“Because of you, my mother died shortly after due to a broken heart and my sister-in-law became depressed, neglecting my infant nephew in the process…” The female samurai continues to rant as she draws her katana. “You didn’t just kill my brother and father--you ruined my family! And for that, I will never forgive you…!”

The samurai takes a stance, preparing to swing when she stops due to someone yelling, “All of you stop this nonsense--it isn’t cool!”

Samui along with her brother, Atsui appear. They both make their way to the center of the crowd and insert themselves between Jin and the samurai.

“The one responsible for all my pain and suffering is right in front of me and you want me to stop?!”

“Hey, back off lady! If it weren’t for us, your war would already be lost.” Rito chimes in, defending his friend.

“The boy’s right--my brother and I should be sealed away in the Benihisago, but he saved us.”

“That’s right, he saved us with the power of his blazing, hot spirit and jutsu.” Atsui adds as he gratefully bows to a perplexed Jin. “Thank you for saving me and my sister!!”

“SO WHAT?! YOU EXPECT US TO JUST FORGIVE HIM BECAUSE HE RESCUED YOU??!!!”

A stone ninja steps forward to say, “Yeah, he’s a criminal… but thanks to this kid, I just might get to go home to my family. I say we give him a chance to redeem himself.”

Jin is left speechless as he is both humbled and grateful by the aid of his unexpected defenders, he looks back on all the decisions he’s made up to this point. For a brief moment, he questions some of the choices he’s made.

The samurai looks at them with disbelief, her body continues to shake with rage. “He’s part of the group responsible for this whole world in the first place… and you want us to forgive him just because…? WHAT UTTER CRAP!!

“HE’S NOTHING BUT A TERRORIST!! A COMMON THUG!”

“GET LOST, WE DON’T NEED YOUR HELP!!”

“I BET HE CAME SO HE CAN KILL US ALL IN OUR SLEEP!!”

The samurai’s outburst has further fanned the flames, feeding the angry mob’s anger and anxiety. This causes an explosion of uproars fueled by raw emotions.

“Isn’t that one of the reasons we’re fighting in this war together? To wash away all of our past mistakes and forgive each other?” Ino interjects, entering the argument.

The crowd goes silent with everyone focusing their attention on Ino as she takes a place right at Jin’s side. A fire burns brightly in her eyes.

“Yes, Jin’s made mistakes--we all have. But you have to acknowledge that he is atoning for them.” The leaf kunoichi of the Yamanaka clan bows for her cousin. “Please forgive him, I beg of you!”

“The man you defend ruined my family and you just want me to let it go? Do you not hear yourself?!”

“If I got down on my hands and knees and begged for forgiveness… would you feel better?” Jin interjects, re-entering the argument.

The samurai is taken back. “WHA-?! OBVIOUSLY NOT! YOU NEED TO FIX THE DISCORD YOU HELPED CAUSED!! THAT’S HOW… That’s how…”

“Alright then… that’s how I’ll repay my debt to society.” Fighting his stage fright, Jin turns his attention to the whole crowd. “Your anger and hate. Your doubts and criticisms. Focus them all on me and just watch.”

Somewhat satisfied with Jin’s words the crowd begins to quiet down and disperse. The female samurai and a handful of other skeptical ninja. She walks until she stands face-to-face with the Onikage. Both can hear and feel each other's breath.

“You may have everyone else buying your “transformation,” but we know it’s all a lie. So let me tell you something right now. You take one step backward, one slip up, give us one reason to think you might turn against us and you won’t have to worry about your redemption anymore because I’ll make sure your story ends right then and there… permanently.”

The samurai turns around and walks away with her cohorts. The mood of the camp slowly returns to its tense yet calm state from before.

“Sheesh, talk about melodrama.” Rito breaks the silence, jumping down from his tree branch. “You okay, Jin?”

“...Yeah, thank you--all of you.”

“You don’t need to thank me, I was just returning the favor. Now we’re even.” Samui walks away. Returning to her own duties.

Atsui proceeds to power walk away. Still walking, the cloud ninja turns back and yells, “After the war, we should spar sometime!”

Feeling a hand on his shoulder, Jin turns to see his cousin, Ino looking at him with a concerned expression. Her lips quiver as she tries to find the words.

“Are--are you sure you’re okay…?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

“Ah, good.” Ino proceeds to slap Jin across his face.

Mecha-Naruto tries to run at Ino, but is being held back by Rito. Mecha-Naruto reaches to protect his master, slowly gaining ground, centimeter by centimeter. Rito desperately holds back the mechanical shinobi with all his might.

Unfazed, Jin signals for Mecha to stop before asking, “What was that for?”

“That was for abandoning the Leaf.” Ino then punches Jin in the chest. “And that was for everything else.”

“You do know that none of this is getting through, right?”

“Tomato-Head.”

“Ino-Pig.”

“PFFT… FWA HA HA HA HA HA!!” Jin and Ino both burst out in laughter.

11