Chapter 44
370 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Trying all he might, all Jin’s attempts at breaking free result in awkward looking movements. His blood trickles from his wound, painting the ground blue-green. Try all he might, Jin cannot break free nor can he use his chakra.

The Onikage finds the strength to just barely turn his head and look his assailant in the eye. “Z-Zetsu… you bastard…! I-I’ll kill… you…”

“You should feel honored, being the key to everything.” Black Zetsu sneers as he begins to coat Jin’s body. “I’ll see you soon… mother.”

“Gwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!” Jin howls in agony as he body inflates with his chakra spiraling out of control.

“Gwaaaaaaaargh! Gyaaaaaahhhhh!! Urrrrrghaaaaaahhhh…“

Rito and Mecha-Naruto try to jump in and help their ally, but are swatted away like flies by a stream of Jin’s chakra. Geysers of chakra erupt from the ground, pouring into Jin. Shizuku takes advantage of the ensuing chaos and beats feet, running for his life.

“HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! THIS IS THE TWILIGHT OF HUMANITY!!”

“So tell me Black Zetsu… do you bleed?” Says a disembodied woman's voice. Her voice is both harsh and grating.

Jin’s body lights up then emits a shockwave of chakra.

“What? Nraaaaaaaah!” Black Zetsu is purged from Jin and sent flying through several trees.

Jin’s body then slowly reverts back to normal and he collapses onto his knees. He breathes heavily as the experience has left him dazed and winded. Mecha-Naruto comes and puts Jin’s right arm over his shoulder, supporting him. Perplexed, Black Zetsu slithers out of the debris.

The Akatsuki member glares at Jin’s group. “What--How did--What was that?!”

Jin’s left arm begins to move on its own like it is possessed. It lifts up and moves until the sleeve’s opening is facing Black Zetsu. The Akatsuki member sees a pair of red eyes staring back at him from within Jin’s sleeve. It looks gleefully at Black Zetsu with an ominous and sinister smile.

“She looks like… me!” Black Zetsu is put off.

It pokes its head out and seductively speaks, “Brother! So mysterious, so sleek… So sad and alone… Come. Let us be a family!”

In an attempt to impale Black Zetsu, Rito has several crystal stalagmites erupt in Zetsu’s general vicinity. However, the Akatsuki member is able to avoid being damaged by phasing through the crystals. Black Zetsu proceeds to counter attacking by manipulating the terrain, bringing out underground roots in mass. The being in Jin’s clothing sprouts multiple tendrils tipped with swords, knives, bludgeons, and axes in order to hack away at the on-coming tree roots.

The black creature was keeping up with Black Zetsu’s attacks while protecting Jin and his friends. Their match was something of a martial hurricane, both combatants striking and parrying. Nothing else mattered, but who would emerge victorious.

“Heh heh heh… It seems I’ll be looking for a new playmate!” The red-eyed creature mocks as it notices a small opening in Zetsu’s onslaught.

It takes pleasure in noticing the flaw, the creature resolved to teach its enemy a lesson of its own. The creature shoots a spiked tendril at high speeds through the numerous roots straight for the Akatsuki member. Black Zetsu stops in order to evade the attack, but is too late and is gored in the stomach. Due to the injury, Zetsu falls on all fours.

“No one hurts my father and lives!” The creature retracts her tendrils, save for two. They morph into two large pincers.

Realizing the odds aren’t in his favor, Black Zetsu slowly seeps into the ground and disappears. “This isn’t over…”

Rito and Mecha-Naruto wait for a full minute to see if they’re truly out of danger. Once they know they help a still dazed Jin to his feet while the black creature retracts its tendrils and sinks back into Jin’s clothes.

“...D-Do we… have anymore… c-chocolate…?” Jin asks between heavy breaths.

“No… back at the camp, you gave the last batch to Ino and her friends as a peace offering.”

“Damn…” Jin finally catches his breath and recovers, standing tall. “I really need something to calm my nerves right now.”

Rito pats Jin on the back. “I can make a new batch after the war. …So that was Mileena? She seems… excited.

“Don’t sugarcoat it, she’s violent. I heard some of what she said.” Jin facepalms. “Oh God… I was so focused on making a strong wild card, I didn’t think about her personality. Ya know what? Any moral failings she has--that’s on me, I’ll own that now.”

“I’m right here, father…” Mileena is hurt by Jin’s words.

“Sorry, sorry--I’m sorry… L-Let’s… let’s just go, I need to get away from here…”

The group jump onto tree branches and carry on with their journey to Naruto’s rematch with Nagato and Itachi. As they hop from tree to tree, Jin notices his right hand is shaking.

Jin has to grab his hand, it takes a moment for the shaking to stop. You know what Black Zetsu? FUCK. YOU.

Due to Black Zetsu’s unanticipated surprise attack, everyone remains dead silent. Just the sound of leaves rustling in the wind. Wanting to help everyone relax, Rito has an idea.

The boy turns to Jin and asks, “...Hey, Mileena?”

“Yes?” Mileena pops her head out from Jin’s shirt collar. “What is it?”

“You’ve only been alive for like two minutes… why do you talk like a temptress? How do you even know to speak like that?”

“Father shared memories with me, he likes femme fatales. Esdeath, Revy, Black Cat, Talia al Ghul, and Miranda Lawson.” The black creature’s mouth curves upward in a contemptuous smile. “Father also has seen many videos where many women spoke--”

“Okay--that’s enough!” Jin interrupts their conversation as his face turns beat red. “Game faces everyone… we’re almost there…”

Jin can sense several chakras converging on each other further ahead. They are all Kage-level or higher.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Where’s Sasuke?” Itachi asks as he clashes with Naruto in mid air.

Matching Itachi blow for blow, Naruto replies with, “He says that he’s gonna take revenge on the Leaf Village; He even went and joined up with the Akatsuki!”

“...?!” Itachi is taken aback by the new information as he continues to throw fists. “Why did he turn his back on the village?”

“Cuz Tobi told us the truth. The truth about how the Leaf discriminated against the Uchiha.” Jin exclaims as he and his team arrive to the battle. “He told us about how the Uchiha were forced to rebel. And how the Leaf chose to correct their mistake by having them exterminated.”

Their sudden appearance forces Naruto and Itachi to leap back from each other. Everyone stares at Jin and company as the tension somewhat diminishes.

Naruto’s eyes widen with shock as he faces his cousin. “...Jin? I-Is that really you? …And how do you have Rinnegan eyes…?”

Jin simply shrugs with a devilish grin. “What can I say? I’m built different.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MILEENA:

OVERVIEW

  • Is the physical manifestation of Jin’s will.
  • Jin created her specifically to counter Black Zetsu if he got any ideas.
  • Jin named her after a popular video game character.
  • Jin based her powerset off of both Black Zetsu and the Carnage symbiote (from the comics).
  • Because she’s technically a newborn, she hasn’t developed a personality of her own; All she has to go off of are the memories and knowledge Jin shared with her.

APPEARANCE

  • Is a completely black humanoid female figure lacking any hair or visible orifices, made up of a black mass which she can shape and resize at will.
  • The black mass contains two red eyes, which lack any visible sclera or pupils.
11