Chapter 52
219 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Because Jin and company have re-entered the main plot, I can write faster. Enjoy another double release.


Three crystalline boulders emerge from the ground, they all shatter with their contents all intact. Jin coughs as a thick dust cloud covers the entire area as he and his friends collect their bearings, his eyes adjust only to widen in horror. The area surrounding them has been dyed red, silhouettes of people lay everywhere. Some are mangled while others are being crushed by debris, a few survivors pick themselves up, confused by what just happened.

Out in the distance, Jin can hear Naruto shout, “Grandpa Tsuchikage!”

All the death and destruction cause Jin to shake uncontrollably. Remembering Rito’s words, Jin falls to his knees and draws in the bloody sand with his finger. Jin tunes everything out as he focuses on calming down.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“...So this is the power of the Sage of Six Paths, huh? Magnificent!” Kabuto comments as the 2nd Tsuchikage’s body regenerates.

A nostalgic Madara smirks. “Hmph. This landscape brings back so many memories… You said that your name was ‘Kabuto,’ how much do you really know about me? Tell me the truth.”

“This is only a guess, but… back when you battled the 1st Hokage, Hashirama at Finally Valley, you didn’t actually die on that day. Instead, in that skirmish you may have lost to him, but you gained a portion of Hashirama’s power for yourself in return. Am I mistaken?”

An analytical Madara looks under his clothes. “Ah… so that’s why I’m able to see what’s coming so well. Then you are also aware of our plan?”

“Not in detail, but please remember that I am your ally. However, when it comes to whether your imposter intends to carry out your plan exactly? I don’t quite know.”

The two reanimations just stare each other down for a moment, both trying to analyze the situation and a good read of each other. The 2nd Tsuchikage looks back at the carnage before them.

“Oh, by the way… it seems there are still survivors here and there. The Tsuchikage and Kazekage are especially persistent, what should we do?”

“Before anything else, I’d like to check something.” Madara weaves a few signs before placing his hand on the ground. “Summoning Jutsu!”

With nothing happening, Madara stands back up. “It would seem the Nine-Tails hasn’t been captured.”

“That’s the whole purpose of this war. The Nine-Tails remains sealed in a jinchuriki, he’s right there…” The reanimated kage points at a blonde boy in an orange jumpsuit. “That boy is the jinchuriki, his name is Naruto Uzumaki.”

“And what of the one with red hair? He appears to have his own Rinnegan.” Madara’s attention falls on the one who kept up with him.

“That is Jin Uzumaki, he was a former colleague of mine. As to how he acquired his own Rinnegan… I’d love to know as well.”

“Uzumaki? So they're both from Mito’s clan, eh? They're nothing but little brats.” The image of Hashirama’s wife appears in Madara’s mind.

“Yes, but they’ve become quite the shinobi in their own ways, the same can be said for their friends… these are only clones, shall we go and capture the originals?”

“There’s a jutsu I’d like to try out… and I think it will make a prettier picture if people are still around.” Madara takes a step forward and weaves the snake hand seal. “Wood Style: Deep Forest Emergence!”

Tree branches erupt from the ground like a kicked hornet’s nest, they all rush towards the Allied Shinobi Forces while they are still down. Ayanami takes a stand between her allies and the oncoming trees and firmly plants herself.

“You can’t have us. I won’t let you!” Ayanami makes the snake seal. “Wood Style: Deep Forest Emergence!”

Trees burst from the ground and lunge for Madara’s trees. They collide, crashing into each other, with small pieces of wood and rubble flying in all directions. The ground shakes so violently that Rito has to carry Jin away.

Rito shouts into the ether, “Of all the times to have an episode… WHY NOW?!

Madara and Ayanami’s trees begin to coil around each other; once their branches get tangled together, they finally stop moving.

The kunoichi stands her ground and stares defiantly at Madara. The ghost of the Uchiha jumps down to a branch, he looks down at the group forming with a degree of anticipation.

“Have any more tricks up your sleeve, girl? I want to try out some more jutsu, I don’t think Onoki can dance any longer.” Madara gaze falls on the elderly kage.

Onoki struggles to stand up and slowly steps forward. “Madara… long ago, you forced me to forsake myself. H-However, I shall win against you here, I will reclaim myself, and you will be the one who shall slumber.”

“Hmph, still have some dance left in you.” Madara glares coldly.

“For my soul’s sake and for the future… I shall take you down here and now!”

Madara and Mu lunge for the alliance shinobi. As they are about to make contact, a sudden blinding flash of light appears right in front of them. From within the light, Tsunade and Ay force the two reanimations back.

Raikage Ay asks, “Are you okay, Tsunade?”

“Yeah.” Tsunade’s wounds heal thanks to her Mitotic Regeneration

As Mizukage Mei suddenly appears with three leaf jonin, Jin and Rito stroll up to Ayanami.

“You recovered?”

“Yeah… sorry about that.” An ashamed Jin looks away.

“Don’t worry about it.” Rito reassures Jin with a pat on the back. “Time to go now?”

“Uh-huh.” Jin fully regains his composure and looks to the five kage. “We’ll leave the rest to you.”

Jin salutes everyone goodbye before he disappears in a puff of smoke and Rito turns into a crystal statue and crumbles away. A smiling Ayanami gives everyone a thumbs up before turning into a block of wood.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayanami, Rito, Mecha-Naruto, and Echo are tree hopping through a forest alongside Naruto and Killer Bee. Naruto wears a determined look and grits his teeth, their destination is just up ahead.

“Yeah… we’ll win for sure!” Naruto races ahead.

Tobi and Naruto butt heads, they’re collision forces them both away from each other. Ayanami appears right where Naruto is headed and catches him.

“You need to keep calm, Naruto.”

“That mask’s hard, didn’t even crack it!”

“I could pass through, but it doesn’t even matter if you can’t crack the mask.” Tobi speaks in a nonchalant tone as he gets back to his feet. “That cannot be all you can manage, what about your… Nine-Tails power?”

DIE, DEMON FOX BRAT!!!” Howls a disembodied voice from above.

Naruto and Ayanami both look up to see a man-sized drill coming right for them at high speeds.

7