Side Chapter 8
447 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Announcement
At 8:00pm on 12//24/2022, Santa visited my house early and told me to do another double release. He also wanted me to tell you all, "HO HO HO, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!"

“What was that… what’s going on over there?” Shikamaru refers to the two explosions that just occurred. “Who could be fighting against Pain?”

The Leaf Village’s new, up and coming strategist sits on the ground with his back leaning against one of Lady Katsuyu’s larger fission clones; to Shikamaru’s right is a member of the Leaf’s Cryptanalysis Team, Shiho who has another Katsuyu fission behind her. The battle taking place at what was once the center of the Leaf Village is making the Nara clan heir anxious.

“It’s Naruto and Ayanami…” The fission behind him answers.

Shikamaru looks back at the slug with his full attention. “You mean they’re back in the village?”

“Yes, they’ve mastered sage jutsu and they’re down there battling Pain.”

After hearing Katsuyu’s explanation, Shikamaru tries to get up to help his friends, but he feels faint, he falls back on his rear; the Nara heir feels intense pain from his right leg, sections are swelling and tender. He grits his teeth and winces as he grasps his leg.

…Damn this leg! Shikamaru anguishes over his inability to help.

“Please, just stay here… Ayanami asked that no one else interfere.”

“Man, they’re so full of themselves…!” Shikamaru grows frustrated. “Pain practically destroyed the whole village. There’s no way they can take them all alone, it’s impossible.”

“No, it’s not…” Current head of the Nara clan and Shikamaru’s father, Shikaku Nara retorts. “If Ayanami and Naruto have mastered sage jutsu, then they’re in a class of their own now. That means staying out of the way is the best teamwork we can offer them.”

With his arms folded, Shikaku continues with, “You need to be patient here, Shikamaru.”

Shikamaru hears the logic behind his father’s words, but he still anguishes over not being able to help. He lowers his head.

“Dammit…!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Ayanami defeated the Animal Path, all of the animals it summoned disappeared in a puff of smoke. The three giant toads, Gamabunta, Gamahiro, and Gamaken are now free to aid their allies in battle.

The Naraka Path walks back to what remains of his Animal Path counter when something shoots right past his ear, cutting it. What flew past was a kunai, the kunai had impaled the Animal Path’s open palm upon landing. With their shared vision, the Naraka Path can see the enraged Hyuga girl staring defiantly at him.

Ayanami threatens Pain with, “Try to revive any of your bodies and I’ll punch a hole in your head.”

“Geezer Frog--catch!” Naruto shouts as he removes the large scroll he was carrying.

The Nine-Tails jinchuriki throws the scroll back, the scroll speedily spins as it flies through the air. The elder toad catches the scroll and opens it with haste.

“Ayanami, throw a smoke bomb.”

He must be running low on sage chakra… Ayanami analyzes the situation as she throws down a smoke bomb. “Yeah.”

The bomb detonates, releasing yellow smoke that hides the two sages; since Pain can’t see through the thick smoke, he waits to see what they’ll do. Suddenly, a Rasenshuriken bursts out of the smoke with zeal.

“Useless.” The Preta Path jumps in the way.

He stands firmly between this powerful jutsu and its intended target, Tendo Pain. The Preta Path holds his hands out to absorb the Rasenshuriken, but nothing happens. The attack vanishes in a puff of smoke and its place is Ayanami. The young Hyuga uses the momentum to tackle the Preta Pain to the ground; the last thing Preta Path sees is Ayanami sitting on top of him, she brings her fist down like a hammer and everything goes black.

“Sage Art: Rasengan Barrage!”

Tendo hears and feels the shockwaves of an explosion occurring right behind him. Shocked, he looks back and sees his Naraka counterpart being crushed into the ground by Naruto and his two Rasengans. Not only is the Naraka Path compressed by Naruto’s jutsu, the jutsu carves into his body, leaving two large, deep, cleanly cut circular indentations in his back.

“And then there was one…” Ayanami mutters, wiping the blood and gray matter off her hand. “You ready, Naruto?”

“You bet.”

Both sages charge at the last remaining Pain with gusto; as both Ayanami and Naruto leap at Pain to punch him, the Akatsuki leader holds out his hands.

“Almighty Push!”

Before Ayanami can even touch Pain, she is stopped; she feels an invisible force pushing her back, her muscles strain as she tries to fight it, but can’t. She and Naruto are sent flying away. The young Hyuga crashes right before the two elder toads, leaving a small crater. It hurts some, but she’s still moving.

“Are you alright, Ayanami-girl?” Fukasaku asks with concern.

Ayanami winces as she pulls herself out of the crater. “I’ll be fine.”

Ayanami’s eyes return to normal as her sage mode vanishes, she feels the toll this battle is taking on her. She’s taking heavy breaths and she’s covered in bruises due to Pain’s jutsu. She feels the greatest pain coming from what she landed on, her back; Shima looks at her with great disquiet.

“Ayanami--I know it’s dangerous, but us merging with you is our best chance.”

“We c-can’t.” Ayanami is quick to shoot down Shima’s suggestion.

The elder toad looks at her in disbelief. “WHAT?! Why?”

“Because if… I-If we try to merge, Pain will immediately come to kill us. He essentially knows what we’re capable of...”

The kunoichi sits down seiza-style and closes her eyes, she doesn’t move whatsoever, not even an inch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right after Pain had blasted Naruto and Ayanami away, the Akatsuki leader finds himself being immediately besieged by Gamabunta, Gamaken, and Gamahiro. The three giant toads surround Pain, towering over him. They each take their respective weapons and try to slam Pain, crushing him.

However, Pain is quick and nimble; the Rinnegan user side-steps away from Gamabunta’s tanto as the toad brings it down and jumps onto Gamaken’s sasumata. The Akatsuki leader then runs up the giant sasumata; once high enough, he leaps off and maneuvers to evade Gamahiro’s swords by performing a backflip. Gamabunta swings his sword again, but Pain pushes off it, leaping away to his desired location.

Pain ominous hovers in mid-air, floating at eye level to the three toads. “Again, Almighty Push!”

10