Chapter 1 – A New Power
69 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1 - A New Power

____________________________________________________________________________

‘1,476,952,863, 1,476,952,864, 1,476,952,865…’

I have been traveling through space for approximately 46 years now, courtesy of my monotonous counting. Over this time, my hatred for Jojo has not decreased a bit, but increased exponentially as this torture continues. Although I had managed to melt the ice after about a year, boiling my blood past the point of vaporizing, I still have not been able to find a way to change my trajectory back towards Earth. I have had many ideas, but none of them are feasible for now. Why do I say for now? That is because over time I have been evolving. Yes, I am a perfect life form however, nothing is truly perfect and can always be improved. For example, before, if I could manipulate my entire body on the cellular level, now I coul-

‘Hm?’

‘What was that?’

As I was about to monologue my new abilities I had a strange feeling, as if the universe itself paused for a moment. With this came a ripple from within my very being, seemingly trying to awaken something in a deep slumber. Feeling this I become restless, as I have not felt anything new or different all this time. I waited for 1 minute. Then 10. Then an hour. After waiting for almost half a day the universe paused once again and once again something within me stirred, in an attempt to awaken.

Like this the days passed forever slowly, impatience starting to consume me. Before, an entire year could go by and I would hardly notice, but now, with something to look forward to each day, time seemed to move infinitely slower. 

After a little more than a month, something changed. The once sleeping entity within me finally awakened. I feel it move, float, from the center of my chest, to my back, and finally it comes out of me. I turn around to see what came out.

Floating in front of me was a boy, no more than 10, with red eyes and a broad smile conveying unadulterated sadism. He wore nothing but a loincloth, although that was unneeded as there were no reproductive organs to cover. With a single horn poking out from his long, levitating purple hair, he looks down upon me, with his sadistic smile and domination filled eyes, as if all in existence was created purely for his entertainment. 

Despite such insolence, I do not react, as I am momentarily dazed by his appearance. The reason for my daze is not because I am secretly a shotacon or anything like that, but the fact that he looks exactly as I did when I was a boy, save for the red eyes and single horn. 

I continue to stare at him as the gears within my brain spin at the speed of light. After about a week of thinking, which in reality only half a second passed, I came to the conclusion that this boy is the physical manifestation of my soul. I almost feel offended that such a weak looking being is the representation of my soul however, I find it understandable as even if I may have reached the point of having a nigh-invincible body, I have never trained my soul. Compared to my body, my soul may as well be a weak child.

As it is my soul I should have control over it, so I mentally order it to come down on an equal level with me. However, Before I can even think the command it does just that like it knew what I wanted. After multiple tests, I discovered that controlling it is like controlling an arm, you don’t have to tell your arm to move, it just moves how you want it to. Despite the seemingly perfect control I have over it, even being able to make it shrink to a microscopic level, I am unable to get it to stop smiling. No, that is wrong. It is possible for it to stop smiling, but it seems like for it to stop smiling would be the equivalent of cutting off its own arm. Not something I am willing to test currently.

Although it looks weak, it is in fact not that weak at all, having the capability to fight on par with Wamu. While this feat may not seem all that impressive, in actuality it is since, as far as I know, my soul has no other powers other than pure strength and speed.

Having tested everything I can think of, I need to come up with a name for it, other than just ‘my soul.’ With my mind thinking as fast as it can, I spend an entire hour thinking of this. I decide that the phenomenon where the soul manifests outside of the body should be called a ‘Stand.’ It is named so because it stands next to me, ready to battle at any moment. Truly a name that accentuates my genius.

The name for my specific Stand is ‘My Bloody Valentine.’

(A/N - I tried naming the stand after an 80’s rock band but, seeing how I don’t listen to that music, I just looked up the top 100 80’s rock bands and found a name that sounded somewhat decent. I have no knowledge of this band, so if there is something bad in relation to them I apologize.)

1