Chapter 2: The step
324 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you really leaving lad? Although you already of age you can still stay and help out"

A middle age man that was a bit dirty and has a lot of wrinkles with white hair said to me.

"Yes, Uncle Bob the orphanage has already done alot for me and I want to go out there, maybe get a job and donate to this place"

"You don't have to do that lad, we raised you right? So we're gonna be okay. Just take care of yourself"

"I will. Thank you everything"

We hugged and said goodbye.

"Goodbye big brother Joseph!"

"Big brother Joseph visit us from time to time okay!?"

The kids came out and said goodbye to me as well. I waved them goodbye and turned around without looking back.

It's been three days since I came to this world. During the first day I processed all the memories of the previous owner of this body. 

This world is named Azakea. And as expected there are magic, eleves and dragons in this world. Although I have not seen them yet I knew they exist.

After that I set out what to do and after some pondering I decided to be a lone wanderer.

I wanted to help the orphanage by granting them wishes but..

In front of me a panel appeared. It was full of introduction. One of them is just like the genie said I can't make a wish of my own, just that he failed to mention I also can't grant wish to anyone close to me. That is why if I want to grant wishes to the kids in the orphanage, I have to distance myself to them.

According to the previous owners memories, the orphanage has been really nice to children and me even though they don't get much donation.

And since I don't have any parents in world, I vow to pay them back.

Other than that, at the bottom of the panel there is a bar with a color from light blue to violet to red. And small words to it saying"Fate disturbance level"

Basically, even though I can grant wish, I can't grant wishes that go against fate. For example is reviving the dead cause if I did, the concept of life and death might get messy. 

If some wished to become the strongest in the world I also can't grant that, a magic black hole might happen or something like a god race might be born. However there is a hole for that wishes. For example, in reviving the dead. I obviously can't do that however I can create something like an AI with the same characters and memories of the dead person and just create a flesh for it. So in a way the dead person is revived. 

As for becoming strongest in the world, that's easy, instead of granting strength instantly which I can't do, I can give the person who wished for that the potential to become the strongest in the world. The same can be said for riches. After all it's only potential, it's a slow acceptable process and whether that person can achieved his full potential is unknown.

There are other instructions in the system but the main is these three.

1. I cannot interfere in the world unless someone wished for it.

2. I can only grant a single wish to one person.

3. Wishes should not go against fate.

That's about it.

As for the anomaly that the genie talked about it turns out it will only happen 154 years from now. Or at least the worst estimate on when will the world be engulfed by the anomaly.

What will happen after the world was consumed by an anomaly?? Countless possibilities, one in which the world will be destroyed or the world will mutate or something. Point is it's bad.

But since even the early estimate is over a century from now I don't have to worry about that yet. Oh and according to the system I should be able to live for as long as the world hasn't been engulfed by the anomaly yet. Of course my normal body or form can still die but once that happen I will automatically switch to the grant form where I will be stuck in that form since my normal form died. 

Anyways putting that aside. I now set out to grant wishes and the first place is obviously inside the city.

Walking for a while I arrived at the huge gate. I look up and saw a wall that is about 20 meters tall. 

The orphanage is just outside the walls of the City Oregon. The city have three rings, the outer ring which is where most commoners live. The middle ring where the rich live and finally the inner ring where the aristocrat lives.

As for the inhabitants outside the outer ring. They are called ringless slums protected by no wall, they are no different than a village.

I took a deep breath and a step forward.

To the city.

Btw guys if you're reading this please do leave a comment no matter if it's criticism, correction or if you like it. Just to let me know that someone is reading this and that the amount of views is not just me going back and forth to check the views haha. Even though this is only for hobby it's nice to know that someone is reading this.

13