Chapter 0
313 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Nevis.”

The sweet, and soft female voice whispered across her ears. 

Nevis opened her large eyes and revealed two lemon ember orbs, shining like precious jewels, and rare like gold. 

She looked towards her side, her neck crude and wide.

 Her blue scales reflected the lime colored silky hair, tied up in the simplest of buns as she glanced over at the girl.

Nevis sighed gently, her nostrils brewing soft mist. 

The cold feeling under her breath woke up the asleep one, the girl blinked her pointy eyes, the sweet strawberry pink orbs shone in delight as it stared with a soft glare towards the blue dragon who had grimaced about waking her up. 

Two figures, one large while the other small.

 Bundling within each other's embrace as the smell of multiple flowers designated into the air. Nevis prepared a large and beautiful garden, receiving the admiration within her dear human girl's eyes. 

 The girl picked a flower that's near and took it off from it's stem. She raised her head and looked over Nevis as she said, “Nevis, this flower is as beautiful and also shares the same meaning as you.”

Nevis laughed and asked, “How's that possible?”

The girl caressed the flower's bud, “This is a rain lily. It means purity and calm. Like your name Nevis, it is as pure and calm like snow.”

Nevis became silent for a while before leaning more forward, “But you also hold the same meaning my dear. My only happiness and joy, Ashley.”

“...I love you, Nevis.” Ashley, the human girl voiced. 

Nevis picked another rain lily and put it on the girl's bun. “Rain Lilies means, I love you too.”

...She hadn't even yet spoke her wishes to marry her. They were only proceeding from that part after a few years of pursuing, but, that all ended before she can say her goodbyes. 

The sword was stuck inside her chest. Her silver hair dripping over Ashley's lifeless cold body. She never expected for this to come — she never did any evil, and neither did any bad, but she who had lived in the ways of good and light, was subjected into the crime she never done. 

“Die you evil dragon!”

That man's words echoed inside her mind. For what reason had it come to this? For what have she done to receive all of this. 

“Master!”

She could vaguely hear the guardian fairy's scream in horror when she returned. Her garden was bruised and trashed and each flowers have been crushed. Standing there was a man in leather hood, his hand broke the fairy's lifeline which was the sacred amethyst jewel in her neck. He didn't even bat an eye to the murder he done — he believed it was good.

“Why?” 

Nevis asked, her voice quivering with sadness and scorn. She used to have pride in her power, she thought she could save them from their deaths, but against he, who was blessed by two gods and summoned into this world to become the hero, unfairness rose as she who have trained to become the God's messenger ended in this doom. 

“I'm only doing my job. That is, to slay every vile creatures who ruined the docile humans lives. We may be weak and powerless against you dragons who have high mana at birth and didn't need to suffer to reach the peak.”

If only she had remained calm, then maybe she wouldn't have lost her beat. But wrath took over upon gazing her beloved corpse, the hero's sword who responded to negativity shone and she had been defeated. 

“B–But I didn't kill any...I swore on my name that I didn't even massacred a village nor a town.” 

“What? You even enslaved this poor fairy and brainwashed this poor human, what are you crying over? Didn't you also almost killed me when I blocked your plans.”

“But I...Who had you heard all these lies from?”

The hero looked away from her and replied, “From the Alniryan Village.”

Nervis' eyes dilated and she weakly said, “So it was them? I thought of them as closed friends, I had been protecting their village for many years, but when I knew the meaning of their village's name, they.....”

The hero didn't bother to listen the villain's backstory, he pulled his sword off her chest and Nevis felt pain. 

The sword tasted dragon blood, and she who had been slain as first won't be the last. She exhaled her dying breath as the hero slashed the sword in her neck. The bright darkness engulfed her sight as Nevis fell into dark abyss, losing consciousness and never to reawaken...

The scene was at sight. He trembled in anger and disappointed. He thought that he had given a good human a chance, but they instead betrayed his appointments. The small ball of light, sharing the same face and features towards the vanished fairy from before buzzed with sadness as it flew around him. 

“A pair of lovers, should have been destined to be. But a mistake made it over, receive my forgiveness, my dear messenger, the dragon of kindness, hope and purity, may the symbol of rebirth, the rain lilies flock upon your return.....”

He spoke as his hand held two ball of souls, one bright green, like vital filled grass and leaves, the other blue with silver tint, like cold winter snow balls from a december mountain. 

“Blessed thee thy she and her.”

A voice murmured as a hime of bells rang across the sky. Everyone, every single creatures in the land looked up, their expressions indescribable as they stared at the moving clouds.

The cotton candy clouds floated to the side and for once, bright sunlight beamed towards the lands. The plane was filled with different reactions; some surprised, angst, happy or confused. 

The black haired man with leather hood stood in the mountain tip as he looked at the changes within the weather. His companion, a female priest, suddenly fell down as she cried in fright, “He's angry! We have angered the almighty God!”

The hero looked at her with a frown and perplexity, “What do you mean?” the priestess looked at him with wide eyes and tear filled face, “God...has abandoned us and his blessings have ceased....Hero-nim, what do we do? This can't be allowed, everyone needs him!”

Then, the sky turned dark and thunderclouds revolt. The deafening rumbling of thunder and the lightning striking upon the ground. The hero quickly hugged the priestess as he ran steps back. They hid in a cave and waited for the thunder weather to end. 

At last, it wad finished. But, no one could say everything was alright. The kingdom has been flooded, and the plants they've planted have wilted. The sun shone bright, and no clouds reappeared again. 

The hero now understood. This was a disaster.

13