Chapter 4
166 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since drought came to land, many had starved and many were in thirst. Nevis held her hand near her cheek were she forced teardrops to fall, dragon tears were naturally magical itself and a handful of it could quench the thirst of a hundred days. 

Importantly, it also has healing particles. But not many knew about this, dragons originally lived secretly inside their caves and only few would meddle with others. 

The dark elves saw her do this and stared at her in awe. Nevis looked at them and waved her hand, “Don't just stand there, go get some cups.” She signalled and they hurriedly went towards their houses and brought their coconut shell cups. 

Nevis took a cup one by one and poured a bit of her tears inside. The dark elves looked at her confusedly and wondered how that little amount could fill them. 

Nevis wiped her eyes after she filled every cups. She hastily received their questioning gaze and she asked, “What's the matter?”

Everyone was pouting when they saw the tiny water inside their cups and looked at her with furrowing brows. Same understood what they were feeling and looked at Nevis with embarrassment, “It's too little, unlike the amount I drank a while ago.”

Nevis laughed, “It may look like its little but it can satisfy your thirsts. Don't you feel energized and no longer lethargic when you drank one?” The question was directed towards Same and the one in question scratched his1I'll be no longer using non-binary ‘they’ ‘them’ for Same neck. 

“It's true I no longer felt thirsty...”

His words was cut off when Nathan waved his hands. His dark face turned a little rosy, as he scurried towards Nevis who was speechless. 

“This...You—You're not really—”

 Nathan was forced to stop speaking and had to swallow the rest of his statement when Nevis hurriedly covered his mouth and said, “See? I'm not lying.”

The dark elves didn't look more towards the suspicious action the two was doing, they were busy drinking the tiny bit of the water (Tears) and they let out a satisfied groan, “Yes, yes, we're sorry for doubting.”

Nevis removed her hand from Nathan's mouth and swayed it in an arc at front, “But this will only help for a short while, after a few days, everyone would return to being dehydrated and thirsty. I still need to manage how water can once again flow.”

“We're very thankful, oh dear frost fairy. We thought this was the end and salvation wouldn't come. Ever since the sun continued to shine brighter than it could be, nobody heard anyone from the northern parts, they concluded that every single frost and water element creatures out there were exhilarated.”

“...That, it is half true.” Nevis thought about it and added, “Not many survived but there is still few who had. And that includes me.” 

“We agree, just by looking at you can we conclude the facts and those who aren't one.” Same's mother spoke from the crowd as they slowly dispersed. 

Same looked at Nevis and asked, “This...”

Nevis raised her hand, “Just let me do the work, don't ask anymore questions.”

Same nodded and followed his mother towards their hut.

 The only ones left outside was the village chief, Nathan and Nevis. Nevis glanced at Nathan, “You elves are really intellectual...”

“It's our bloodline and it's my age,” Nathan coughed, “Ms. Dragon, Nevis.” 

Nevis chuckled and Nathan eyed her. “What was the question Miss Dragon wanted to ask earlier?”

“Have you heard of Quran Vine?” Nevis asked in a serious tone, Nathan understood that there was a solemn matter regarding this place as he responded with a “Yes.”

“...Somebody I hold dear used to live in that place.”

“And it's just that I lost her and I don't know where she went. I thought of a possibility she was in the same situation as I am, and I think that she must gone to that place first.” Nevis spoke out. 

Nathan didn't know what really happened and just thought of two dragons, the white dragon should be Nevis and her love one should be another dragon that was raised by humans. They must have separated and the only place Nevis knew her lover would be in was her lover's birthplace.

“You don't know where Quran Vine is...?” Nathan asked. 

Nevis nodded and hid her red face, “Though I visited a lot of places, I never came to Quran Vine. We met when she was in a journey and I've never visited her hometown even once..”

Nathan replied, “I know where it's located. Is that the answer you're looking forward to?”

Nevis nodded, “Yes,”

Nathan laughed, “Okay, I'll go make a map first.”

10