HELL IN A CELL
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As evident from the ability displayed on the large screens, the twin brothers Pax and Qax could manipulate iron in their bodies.

 

Iron is essential in our lives as it carries oxygen around our bodies, thus making us stay alive. The human body contains about 3.5 grams of iron. The iron contained in blood only is just 2g. But if you can control its movement, you can temporarily harden your Skin and Muscles at certain parts of your body to defend or enhance Bone to attack with a hardened punch or kick. But longer periods of usage may result in damage to the liver or the heart.

 

Also, Hemoglobin molecules that contain iron tend to repel from the magnet when attached to oxygen. Blood circulates the body moving swiftly in the blood vessels, so the effect of the magnet is reduced even more. But if you can control its movement, the rapid flow can cause a greater repulsion to magnetic fields.

 

So basically, they could control the iron in their body to their advantage pretty well.

 

Their Third member Tommy however, had the ability of fat. He looked like a fat walking and talking balloon, due to the accumulation of fat in every part of his body. Fat stores excess calories in a safe way so you can mobilize the fat stores when you're hungry. The majority of our body fat is subcutaneous containing white and brown fats. Brown fat is a type of fat primarily found in babies, although adults do still retain a very small amount of brown fat, typically in the neck and shoulders. This type of fat burns fatty acids to keep you warm. By eating fatty foods, Tommy could regulate the accumulation of this brown fat.

 

On the other hand, one had the ability to phase through objects as she could control density at a molecular level. Though much of her powers were not revealed at the moment. The other two, a dung beetle with strong defense and our Noah with nothing but his wits.

 

This match will become a Hell in a Cell for them.

 

“Let the show begin”, and thus started the main event of the Underground Battle Arena.

 

The audience erupted in a huge roar.

 

“Miss Fortune, let’s start as we planned”, as Noah became battle-ready. He was wearing a strange machine on his back and some old-looking scrappy gloves.

 

“What’s that?”, cried Melv as the Cage started crackling suddenly. Noah looked around to find Pax smiling. He understood that they were gonna be hunted in that cage.

The Steel Cage had some suspicious coils attached to its corners at the outside. Some wires connect them from a corner of the room. A direct current flowing into a solenoid coil produces a magnetic field that, inside the coil, is uniform in strength and direction. The solenoid becomes a magnet. The cage made with special steel attached to it for a short while became magnetized due to magnetic induction from the solenoid. The polarities of the magnet depends on the direction of current flow.

 

So basically Iron inside and a Magnet outside. Things were going to be very interesting soon.

 

The two teams set up formation - Tommy at the middle back, while Pax and Qax at the front. Melv at front, Noah and Miss Fortune at the back.

“Let’s take down the weakest one first” shouted Pax as Qax grinned looking at Melv.

 

Qax attacked Melv. Melv was ready to take him. Then suddenly, he did a feint. He used repulsive force and attacked Miss Fortune. While Pax took the blow from Melv head-on using body hardening. Pax pushed back Melv and immediately switched over to attack mode concentrating all iron within his body to his fist, hitting Melv. Melv got hit hard.

 

On the other side, Miss Fortune used phasing to nullify Qax’s attack. Noah tried to cover for Melv when both Pax and Qax fell back to regroup with Tommy.

 

It was clear they had a good battle sense. They taunted and fell back. They did this quite a number of times using the repulsive force as a feint and attacking the one at the back. This had become a nuisance for Noah and his team. They decided to fix this once and for all.

 

“So weak. He can’t even take a blow. What a loser”, taunted Qax.

 

Noah tried to calm down Melv. But, as usual, Melv could never take a taunt lightly, he broke formation and rushed at them.

 

The walking and talking mountain of fat Tommy countered Melv and he bounced high towards the cage in a flash. Qax used his Repulsion technique to land a flying kick to Melv. Pax threw an iron net, which he kept at his back, at Melv binding him to the cage via magnetism. The cage being electrocuted, Melv was shocked senseless.

 

“We have to cut the power and pull him down now” as Noah looked at Miss Fortune. They had already planned for this tactic but not for a situation like this.

 

Noah rushed towards Tommy.

 

“What didn't they learn? Let me send him to his friend and go eat some chips” said Tommy.

 

As Noah rushed, Miss Fortune phased out from the ground and swept Tommy’s leg. He fell down. Seeing this, Pax and Qax rushed towards them. Miss Fortune performed a roundhouse kick to Qax who fell away. Pax attacked Noah but he avoided him by jumping on Tommy’s belly to get an elevation. Once he reached a certain height he activated a device that shot an arrow through the ceiling of the net. The arrowhead released 4 small darts towards the solenoid coils powering the cage with electricity. The darts contained water which short-circuited the coils, Hence electricity was down. 

 

They fell back and pulled Melv down. He was knocked out cold.

 

Within a matter of moments, they achieved something people couldn’t even think of. The crowd was going nuts. The manager could not believe his eyes. However, he composed himself in front of his guest and uttered, “A minor setback. No big deal. There is a huge difference in battle experience. My team will win for sure.” The guest didn’t say anything but his eyes had a spark, speaking loudly that he enjoyed this brilliant strategy.

The magnetic power was down, meaning no repulsion for Qax. This was a well-calculated strategy that Noah had formulated within minutes of entering the match. He knew the cage had some specific function to aid Team X-Punk. So Noah leveled the playing field by canceling the field advantage. Still, it’s 3v2. But they got a breather.

 

The match continues.

Team X-Punk re-organized their game plan under the changed circumstances. Qax could also strengthen his bones and skin but not to the level of his brother. Taking into account the Phasing ability of Miss Fortune they thought it better to eliminate her first, as the other one was only an EQ11 with no ability. So they would attack Noah, where Miss Fortune had to defend him without phasing.

 

This is exactly what Noah wanted. He asked Miss Fortune to buy him 5 mins to charge the machine at his back.  

 

So that meant she had to hold them without using phasing. Miss Fortune was good at hand-to-hand combat. So she agreed instantly.

 

Both the brothers started attacking Miss Fortune. Sometimes they would go back and bounce from Tommy to gain momentum. But it was Miss Fortune who was winning the hearts of everyone with some stunning combos.

She let Qax attack, stepped diagonally towards his back while doing the backfist. The reverse punch came at a bit of an angle to make him turn. The back leg Wheel kick then came from the direction he turned away from and sniped him in the head. A perfect combo of Backfist, Reverse Punch and Back leg Wheel kick.

 

Sometimes she would use the hook punch and the spinning backfist to avoid the hardened areas of the body and make them react faster. She was quite fast in what she was doing. She would counter a hardened punch using the palm block.

 

People were really entertained by the stunning display of such exceptional martial arts combos. They started cheering for Miss Fortune.

 

All this while two people were busy with their work. One busy eating, Tommy. The other, concentrating on finishing his final preparations for another strategic move.

 

The device charging was done. Noah signaled Miss Fortune to fall back.

 

Pax and Qax also needed a breather as they already used high amounts of iron and needed to replenish. Noah quickly noticed the situation and whispered a plan to Miss Fortune.

Tommy who was inactive for the last 5-7 minutes now came upfront to cover for Pax and Qax who were tired and panting heavily.

 

“It’s Phase 2 now”, uttered Noah as his device started giving a whirring sound. The machine at his back powered up and through a tube, he released a beam of cold air towards them. Both Pax and Qax being already out of oxygen the cold air would be lethal. Well, that was the plan.

Flashback Time!

That night on Friday this is the idea Noah had suddenly gathered. In old times there used to be a machine called an air conditioner. The mechanics were quite simple. He only needed an Evaporator Coil, Condenser and some Coil Fins which he got from the scrapyard. He used the design in his head and rather amplified it so that it can take in air and gust a beam of chilled air within minutes by condensing. A very useful tool in battle, he thought.

 

Back to the battle.

 

Tommy covered them. But it was too chilled for Pax and Qax. 

There are two important aspects in every sector of life -- demand and supply. The oxygen demand in the heart would be higher with cold-air breathing and it would be a little bit impaired.

 

Since they pulled mostly all iron elsewhere, the oxygen supply to their heart was already at the bare minimum. With this Cold Beam, they were about to be left out of oxygen. 

 

Suddenly with a large roar, Tommy did something. His fat ability also means he can burn it to gain energy or in this matter heat. So he did the same. He burned all his fat so that Pax and Qax could stay in this match. He became a skinny and malnourished kid after burning all the fat. He fainted as a result.

 

In the meantime, the device also had stopped working. Before Pax and Qax could figure out a new plan, Miss Fortune hit them hard. She took this opportunity to phase out from the ground near Qax and finish him with a Knee Strike. A clean rising knee to the jaw knocked him out cold. He did not even have the energy left to activate his guard.

 

Now it's a 1v2 battle.

 

“Well done. Now only one left.” said a relieved Noah. But the match was far from over.

 

Pax was quite angry this time. He injected an Iron supplement. His strength had returned.

 

This was something Noah and Miss Fortune did not account for. Replenishing his strength meant it would be tough for them to beat him. Without further ado, Pax attacked them. He was not fast but his punches and kicks had power now. He was only thinking for himself, no combos with his brother. So he put his everything into it. He took out some modified shurikens and fired them at every corner. 

 

The Underground Arena has no Rules. So everything is allowed. This being the same for the Arrowette and Cold Gun Noah used.

 

Miss Fortune avoided the shurikens by a margin. But she has used up her energy. At this rate, she won’t be able to continue. Pax closed the gap and landed a punch at her. As things stood, she had no chance to stop it. But however, Noah took the blow. 

 

Everyone thought the match was over.

 

“See that's what I was talking about. My boy never loses” said the happy manager. 

“Not necessarily. The fight is not over yet.” Uttered the intrigued guest.

Noah fell back to a corner as he blocked Pax. He was having a hard time getting up. The hit was quite hard. Also, he was hit by some shurikens and cut at several parts of his body.

 

But suddenly Pax started to shout in pain. His fists which he hardened to land the punch are not turning back to normal. They have become somewhat brownish.

 

“Aaaah. What did you do?” shouted Pax.

 

“Phase 3 success…” said a hurt Noah.

 

Flashback Time!

While taking the blow from Pax, Noah had also sprayed something from his gloves. Remember, he was wearing some scrappy gloves from the beginning. He had never landed a blow or even attempted. The gloves were holding a chemical mixture that he prepared earlier. He waited for the perfect moment to use it.

 

Two cups of hydrogen peroxide, four tablespoons of white vinegar, and one-and-a-half teaspoons of table salt when mixed, creates a chemical substance. Once the salt has dissolved, if the solution is sprayed on metal, rust will start forming immediately. This is what Noah prepared for Pax. He used it at the right moment when Pax let his guard down thinking he landed the punch.

 

With his hands turned to Rust, Pax was a sitting duck. 

 

Miss Fortune gathered herself and delivered a spinning Side Kick to knock him out.

 

The crowd rose from their seats in joy. They had forgotten about their lost money in the bet. The result would have been unbelievable if they had not witnessed it with their own eyes. A match they will remember for a long time.

 

The astonished announcer stumbled to declare the winner. He seemed to be in shock.

The Match Ended. Team Noobs Won.

0