Chapter 2: Double Crisis
260 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I opened my eyes, I saw that it was dark. As I look around, I found that I was in "my" room, with only a bedside lamp illuminating the surroundings. The bed was a mess. The blanket had long fallen to the ground and the sheets were wrinkled.

Sighing at the unpleasant experience, I turned around to look out the window, obviously it was night. I then shifted my gaze to the ceiling to recount what was just drilled, or rather excavated, from my memory.

I am not in Earth anymore.

I am in a place called the Barren Hills Kingdom, in the Novo Continent. The city that I, or rather this body, resided in was called Golden Gates City. Speaking of this body, he was the son and heir to the McConnell Family. He had a sister, but she's dead that also caused his death.

Is he weak for dying from the shock of his sister's death? Not really, since compared to our first kills in the camp, the people we killed were strangers whereas in his case, it's his sister that he held very dear that borderlined incest, if not already incest.

One could say that this boy took the "together in death" very seriously at a young age. The parents didn't really know of this situation since it's only the boy's "feelings" and he really didn't take "action."

Going back to the topic, complex family relations aside, the place, or rather the world that I'm in – since I doubt that it's only this continent – has magic.

It's like the Haley Patter book that I obtained from when we ransacked a government medical base. One of the worker's past time there was probably reading.

I really should've read more of these types of stories online before so that I wouldn't be this displaced. But then again, I didn't use the internet that much. I mostly busy myself with missions and surviving. It's the maids, aka the female captives, that use them most during their breaks from cleaning and "other" duties. They had this privilege to keep them sane and maintain their "quality."

It didn't matter if they asked for help because once they did, the hackers and tech junkies in the camp would catch them. The camp had limited "maids" so it's not hard to keep track of what they're doing. It's also a past time for the hackers and tech junkies when they are not doing any missions since most of them are stalkers that love snooping at girls. Not to mention that they could easily restrict internet access and program phones like an OurTube app that only allows the user to search and play videos without the comment and upload feature.

In my free time, I typically just spend it on the Boss' gifts, the "maids." Otherwise, if they were seen as "useless" by the Boss, there's no point in keeping them.

In this Novo Continent, there's different races and it's not just skin color or eyes, it's more like different "species." A perfect example would be this body, which was a mix of an orc and an elf. I don't know how they were described or supposed to look like in Earth since, again, I don't read stories, hence I really have no bases for a comparison.

However, an orc here was big and buff. They usually stand at around 6ft tall while some stronger ones and/or alphas, like this body's father, was around 7ft. The color of their skin was dark green while a few of the strong and/or alphas had bronze skin, basically just like a buff black dude on Earth minus the more pronounced fangs in the upper row of their teeth that's visible when they smile. Female orcs were usually smaller at around 5ft to 6ft depending on their genes like if they're an alpha or not. They pack less muscles naturally but they could get as big as the male orcs.

As for the elf, I didn't notice any difference from them and humans until I searched further and discovered that their ears were longer and pointed. Their most defining feature was probably their beauty and hot figures, well for female elves at least. As for males, they're like the Kpop boy band some of the maids were crazy about. What were they called? It's B something. Anyways, they have feminine features like that of females and were the complete opposite of the chiseled orcs with jawlines for days.

Now that I think about it, no wonder this body was attracted to his sister. He got the body and libido of an alpha orc. Even if he's young and didn't know such concept, plus the good upbringing, his subconscious and instinct more or less affected him. Especially when his sister was just like their mother, a beautiful elf.

Alas, it's unfortunate that her life was cut short. This also explains why the couple from before, which was actually this body's parents, had no problem getting horny after a very serious discussion that even involved possible rebellion.

Now the question is, what do I feel about being here?

Logically, if I were to have survived and replaced the Boss, I would still be in the camp. Although I would still be in the battlefield, I could take it easy and simply watch out for the wolves that's eyeing my position.

Going back to society was impossible as you could only get in the country and not out, unless you're from the military that's recorded to have entered the place. The country was located at a protruding tip of a relatively oval continent meaning there's one direction you could exit it. But obviously, the borders were tightly guarded, including so there's no point in trying to leave.

Travelling through land and air was an option, but not anymore. All the boats and planes were used to flee by the initial escapees. As for building new ones, there's no materials like boat and plane fuels. The boats and planes from the outside also couldn't go inside because they would easily be tracked by the satellite watching over the country 24/7.

As for how children get sent to this godforsaken place, simple. Corruption. The military themselves bring them in to supply the dwindling number of "enemies." They want the war to never stop because when there's war, there's BIG money.

However... Wouldn't things be the same if I'm here? Although this wasn't certainly a peaceful society, it's just how like the wild where a deer could still live peacefully if it doesn't provoke a lion. Not only could you do Earth things here and do them better like actually flying yourself instead of riding a plane, you are also not confined in one place as long as you had enough strength. All of this was possible because of MAGIC! It's also probably the biggest selling point of being in this place as an Earthling who was new to the concept.

But then again, I really can't do anything, could I? I mean how the hell would I even go back to Earth in the first place? Probably also through magic but that would require me to grow strong and traverse this new world; in land, sea and/or air in search for a method.

Meaning, regardless if I permanently stay or go back to Earth, it all boils down into actually staying and accepting this new reality!

Using that as a base, I would have to BE a person of this world and think like a BEING of this world. Unlike before, I now have a family. Since I have inherited this body's legacy, I can't just throw it away as this is now the new me. I am now basically this body and the body is me.

I could only hope that the boys would take care of the maids, and not let them get be taken advantage of or get killed. Well, the girls are beautiful so it should be easy for them to rope those horndogs.

"..."

"So, I guess this is my life now."

A new world and beginning.

"Sigh~"

To think that I had to go through to not only a mini midlife crisis, but also an identity crisis right after I wake up...

3