Chapter 26
288 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Implant ran through the rooftops like there's no tomorrow, it has happened again, and he just let it be, that woman won't be so lucky next time he catches her, "I'll hunt her down till my personal threat is eliminated." The symbiote said, his voice grueling. That painful experience was always something he had considered as quite vexing, although he has proven to be quite resistant to his race's main weakness, it does not excuse for him wanting to bath in such things, and it shows.
He wanted to go back to the scene and end that woman right then and there but Spiderman had proven to be quite the deadly enemy, and if not for him underestimating the kid in the first half, he would have won. It was only when he was mad that he decided to show his true colors but, not yet, he cannot reveal himself to Oscorp yet. They have heard news by now, and mostlikely, they know of his existence, a Klyntar that has escaped their lab, and undoubtedly, they would try to find and chase him, he needs new tricks, one that would enable him to not be seen in public.

For if he is captured, he will once again go through all those experiments. The memory of his predecessors were more than enough to make him stray from such things, and he assumed those were just the tip of the ice berg, who knows what will happen to him now that he has found a viable host? One that the researchers had said to be impossible to happen. The symbiote shuddered at the thought.

The two soon reached Jack's apartment, the teen had already reverted back into himself when the symbiote had thought they were safe, and it had been a few hours since then. Still, Implant couldn't shake the thought that someone was investigating them, it felt like they were followed, he was sure they weren't any specialized government agents but some amateur, but that still means that they were followed. He does not know who, he just knows that they are there.

Best be careful when we are outside Jack, someone is unto us. he warned, and the teen nodded, he has not yet confirmed his fears on the matter of anyone knowing who they are but Implant assumes that should his fear come true then Oscorp would do its best to stop them in their tracks, but they still had one winning option, and that was to tell the world of what the foundation has been doing, that would enable them to be on their feet for a while, to potentially find a backer that would help them with their little problem.

And that was good, if it weren't for the fact that no one would help them, they are too costly to hide, to dangerous to be allied, and to rowdy to help.

Implant wanted to bang his head on the concrete floor, but rest assured, he was probably being worried for nothing, if it weren't for the fact that they know have a walking weakness on the streets! Now they can't even do vigilante work, and worst of all, if he was right, then, Peter Parker should know their weakness by now, and if not him then it would be that DareDevil. The two would have noticed him curl in pain when that girl use her powers, it was best to lay even lower for now. So, with that in mind, the Symbiote warned his host, and the kid thankfully nodded.

The next morning had come, apparently they were now close to new years, and, Jack wasn't as excited as he used to be, he had spent the last Christmas on his own, and new year would be the same, the symbiote wasn't really a companion, so, with the thought of them both needing to lay low, Jack wanted to visit a few clubs that he used to frequent, and, surprisingly enough, the symbiote agreed to his request. With that in mind, Jack prepared himself by buying a new set of clothes, if he was gonna make a nice little comeback to his old life, might as well do it in his own little way, and if anyone dared to object with the little charade of him going to a club in new years then he might as well make that hate seething, by buying new clothes!
So, it's back to debauchery for the time being, now, what else can he do? Work out? Possibly do school seriously this time around? Stalk Peter Parker? Create a new superhero identity? Nah, he would rather not, now that he actually tried the whole superhero business it wasn't that great, he wanted to use his powers to save people but after experiencing what the hell it actually is about first hand, he now wasn't so keen in doing so, it just gave him problems and that is about it, nothing else other than that particular thing, but hey, that is what a hero is being about, becoming selfless enough that you no longer care about your own fucking life, just the life of others.

And now that he thinks about it, Implant killing all those criminals has enabled them to save more people than they could count, why? It is all because of the fact that those two assholes wouldn't be able to commit more crimes in the near future! Now that, that is what he can get behind, and what is that type of mindset called again? An anti hero? Yeah, that, it's better to become someone who actually kills to prevent than someone who doesn't in hopes of criminals becoming kind and changing their ways, now that is just hypocritical.

Eh who cares about those things anyways? He's going to party and enjoy himself for the time being, no hero or vigilante business! And if that all starts with him buying clothes then he will do just that tomorrow morning!

10