Chapter 28
250 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

School was... quite boring, to say the least, it wasn't that great, not anymore, I have realized that after the fact that Implant can just remember things as if it was nothing, his memory is one of the best things I have gotten, barring the entire superpower thing. It wasn't really farfetch when I say that school by now was quite simple, although I have told him that it wasn't needed, Implant can just answer anything for me, and it wouldn't even take effort, with the best part omitted even, so to say, Implant can control my body to a degree, and, that was the best thing I have heard from him ever since he has said that he can give me superpowers, sure, he can control me but that is besides the point, him being able to do tests while I sit back was a good positive, one that can allow me to ignore the whole body control part of the deal, and besides, WHAT can I do when Implant just decides to suddenly take control? Nothing, he has done it before and I am pretty sure he can do it again, I am just thankful that he doesn't do it.

And since school has technically been boring, I pretty much couldn't get through half the day without sighing constantly, which was expected, I was simply that tired, and I couldn't wait to go shopping today, I am gonna leave class the moment that the bell rings for lunch and no one is gonna stop me from doing so.

RING!

And it eventually did.

Standing up from my seat, I stretched as the symbiote said something about the last subject, I wasn't listening, simply eager to go to the mall, but since I didn't want to be rude, I still replied with a simple "I understand." Which resulted in the new girl looking at me, though she didn't actually keep her gaze for that long. It didn't look suspicious did it? I mean, I would be surprised if she thinks of me as some sort of mutant, it would be better if she just plays this off as me being some sort of mental patient, that would be better. Still, do I actually have a reason for thinking like this? It sounds to unreasonable for me to actually do it now that I put some thought into it.

I over thinked things just because she looked at me,

bizarre. I don't usually do that.

Anyways, lunch went by soon enough, but I was already out of the gate by then.

Going back to my apartment, I locked the door behind me and took a deep breath, something felt strange today, and I don't exactly know what. It's just that...

I can't put it into words but even Implant himself decided to keep quiet, and that's probably a sign of something bad, I don't know what but...

Calm down.

That voice put me back to my senses, I don't know what happened but I was somehow breathing heavily just now, what the hell has been happening lately? I mean, it just happened today but still, I don't think I will be able to keep up at this point. From me suddenly getting an interest to Kincaid to me feeling like that just now, it's really bizarre.

Implant once again stayed silent, and I was left alone inside my own apartment.

Taking a deep breath, I steadied myself, it's better that I should keep moving for the day, it is time for me to buy new clothes after all. I went ahead and prepared my clothes, after that I entered the shower to clean myself. And as I stood there, cleaning myself, I noticed all the water that was running down my body, and I started to panic.
There it is again, a feeling of dread that clung to my brain, the feeling is quite ominous, like today would be my last day if I don't do something, I can't figure out what that something is yet but, it's there.

*Fuahhhhhh*

A deep breath enabled me to regulate my emotions quite a bit, and for one moment, I felt fine.

But then it happened again, and this time, I wouldn't let it do me over so easily, with another deep breath, I fought the urge to do a specific thing, that being me going out of the shower and changing my clothes. I fought the urge for so long that the soap that was once on my body started to flow down bit by bit, till there was nothing left.

The urge left, and I looked at the mirror sitting in front of me, my face complexion was pale and my face looked like it had seen a ghost, my eyes becoming bright red didn't help either.
Fear coursed through my very being, shivers ran up my spine, and I felt my hair stand up on their ends, today wasn't a good day, maybe I should just sit back and watch TV? Yeah, that sounds like a good idea-

No.

I need to go to the mall for now, I need to buy clothes.

After bickering with myself for a few minutes, I washed myself thoroughly and left the shower, wiping myself with the towel, I turned on the TV and watched what was going on with the outside world, and well, what I saw was quite weird, mutants were apparently going missing left and right, their parents did not know where they have gone and everyone's best guess is that they probably could no longer take the abuse, so they left.
Guess the mutants probably had enough. I thought to myself,

It was quite sad really, promising young children leaving their own homes, and now they have to fend for themselves, I see myself in them, and I hope that they all survive till adult hood.

Putting on my clothes, I turned off the TV in preparation for me leaving, Implant still hasn't spoken a single word today, and I was getting worried, was he affected by the scream that much? Man, he really wasn't joking when he said that it was his weakness. Eh, what can I do? He doesn't really let me in, in all his secrets so my best guess is that he is probably fine. Or maybe he's dead? Who cares? I don't.

I got out of my apartment, looked around, and upon seeing that there was no one else in the hallway, proceeded to lock my door, I then turned the doorknob, it was locked,

then I turned it again,

locked.

Leaving the door now, I turned around and went on my way, but before I could do that, I once again looked back to check the door,

it was locked.

I went inside the elevator, there was no one else with me this time, and Implant wasn't here either, it was just me and the tapping elevator music.
I was soon transported towards the lobby, surprisingly, today, there was no one here as I looked around, there were no people sitting in the couch, and the manager wasn't in the counter, it was pretty jarring to see the usual lively lobby become so empty to the point that there wasnt a sign of the person that manned the hotdog stand here. Ignoring all that, I went out the door and was greeted by fresh air.

I took in air, and puffed it out on the same breath.

Time to go shopping.

So, the mall, I don't know why some people love to go to places like these, I feel it is simply too time consuming to just run around and find whatever it is that fits your taste, and I must say, there are a lot of items here that they can possibly cater to anyone's taste, and thats good, I just don't see the reason as for why you even need to run around and finding whatever it is that piques your interest.
And though I say that, I really am just being too laid back regarding my own shopping experience, because quite frankly, those are times where I just spend hours skimming through clothing, it isn't really a taste sort of thing per se, its more of like me wanting to hook up with someone, and I obviously need the clothing that would give me higher chances, is what I want to say but it really isn't that isn't it? more of like me wanting to look formal instead of some douchebag that just buys clothes just because they are expensive, with no regards to taste what so ever.

Hypocritical I know, but eh, who cares?

Now that that's settled, I actually found shopping to be quite calming, and with the feeling of dread gone, I was able to run around and pick out what ever it is that fancied me, and after around two hours, I was able to settle on three various sets-

One, was a set that I made up on the go, it was comprised of a Turtle neck, long sleeved sweat shirt that I found quite comfortable when I wore it, the pants that I picked out for this set was a brown pantaloon that was way too loose for my taste, though the upper part of the set was quite nice, the bottom one screamed out "NERD!". So to say, it was way too much of complicated goody two shoes type of deal that made me look like someone who can't even choose their own pants, so I left it to memory, if I want to pick out that shirt, I would probably go back and take it, the cost if only 100$ after all.

Now for the second one, I was able to find a leather Jacket, along with a latex tank top that made me look like some sort of badass, though it would certainly fit my newer, more toned frame, I didn't like it that much for me to buy it on the spot. As for the pants, it was pretty much just a pair of jeans, I wasnt able to decide as for whether or not I wanted holes on them or not, so I left it be.

The third set was pretty much just a typical pair of T-shirt and Black pants, I thought that simple was good when I picked it, and well, when I tried it on it didn't really fit me, the muscles on my arms were pretty much too eye catching, it made me look like some sort of douchebag instead of someone decent, if I can compare it to something, it would pretty much be like Implant attempting to be a hero and failing to look like one, with his sharp fangs and deadly scythes, all that neat stuff. So this set was also a bust.

Sighing, I looked at the three and thought about how I can instead mix it up, so with a small light bulb popping up inside my head, I grabbed the turtle-neck and the black pants, I tried them on, and to my surprise, I looked neat, and that was when I decided to just pick this set instead, it was the perfect blend of decent and crappy, it was also borderline douchey, especially since it looked way too new, it made me look like some sort of asshole rich kid, but that too much that it hurt.

I loved it.

taking it off, I left the other sets on the changing room and got out with my desired clothing.

Time to by my self some clothes for hooking up.

6