Chapter 31
199 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just like that, the weekdays passed, and my nights were passed with me pleasing my girlfriend instead of acting like some sort of hero, and I must say, it wasn't bad, I might even say I was enjoying it by quite a bit. Still, it was pretty creepy that an Alien was watching us have sex though, with him sometimes even commenting about what I should do, like some weird sex coach.
Leaving that behind, I have good news, one, it was the fact that mutants were no longer missing, apparently only a few hundred had disappeared without a trace, and that was good, super good. Then there's the other one- "I am actually excited for new year" I mutter out loud, and the girl sleeping right next to me moved her body, "Really now?" She giggled, "I think we should prepare for it in advance,"

"You're right." My hand sat on my cheek, "I wanna cook something that isn't bacon and eggs for once, maybe roasted chicken?" I mutter, getting a sideways glance from Sheila, she removed her head from my chest, looked at me with a raised eyebrow and replied-

"What the hell is wrong with you? It's gonna be more extravagant than that!" she excitedly exclaimed, I don't know what extravagant actually means but I hoped it wasn't expensive.

My girlfriend soon went back to resting her head on my chest, and I looked at her head, her brown hair moved up and down as I breathed. How do I tell her that I am a highschool student? While she's what? 20 years old? Thats gotta be a painful confession, she could get arrested while I could get fired, or worse, arrested as well, with the crimes of me faking my identity for years now, I don't doubt that I would spend time in jail.

And that was a problem.

The couple stayed in each other's embrace for some time, Jack wanted to freeze time, so that he doesn't confess to his girlfriend that he was just a 16 year old kid, but seeing that things wouldn't progress unless he tells her about this, he eventually took a deep breath, causing his girlfriend to look at him in worry, "Is something wrong?" She asked, and Jack smiled, "Yeah," The teen replied, then with a single shake with his head, he told her his secret-

"I'm only 16 years old."

And the room froze, Sheila looked at him as if she didn't believe his words and Jack had to explain his situation, about how he was an orphan at the age of 11 and about how he has been living like this for some time now, faking his identity and working on multiple places that took him in, he didn't have a diploma so a well paying job was off the table, so he settled with ones like being a waiter. And that's how he met her, inside a diner with him posing as a waiter.

Sheila couldn't believe what she was hearing, so she poked him with her finger, "Youre kidding right?" She asked, pouting. Another finger pressing his cheeks pulled Jack out of his daze, "Wait, so you're not worried?" he asked her, and Sheila looked at him as if he was stupid,

"What should I be worried about? It's only you and me who knows this secret." She said with a frown, "And I obviously wouldn't tell the cops about our encounter, so..."

"That leaves me." Jack finished her sentence, and Sheila smiled.

"This is our little secret then," She said as she lifted her body up, and while stretching, she looked at Jack, "So no telling ok?" Her index finger was on her lips as she said this.

Jack's girlfriend eventually believed his words when she saw him put on the uniform of her former alma matter, and to Jack's surprise as well, Sheila was also going to a university that HE was planning on going to in the near future, what a coincidence.

I am glad you didnt tell her about me. Were Implant's words as he left the apartment, he was the last one to leave, so after checking the door three times to see if it was locked, Jack left. Pressing the elevator button, Jack waited impatiently, "Uh yeah, I wouldn't dare tell anyone Im the monster that eats people during midnight, we are practically a children's tale at this point!" the teen replied. The elevator soon reached their level, and seeing that no one was inside, Jack entered.

"I mean, come on dude! are we really gonna tell someone about us? Of course not!" He said,

I guess you are right.

Jack soon left the building and headed for the bus stop. Entering the bus, the teen sighed, the whole ride was quite boring, and Implant suggesting that they should patrol again didn't help. How does he even fit that into his schedule? What? Does he just tell Sheila that he wants to go out at night? Every night?

That would be weird.

And unecessary.

Reaching the school now, Jack left the bus and proceeded to go through the gates, on his way there, he was able to see flash, seemingly talking to someone, he does not know who, but he assumes that it's probably something important, given that he was somehow tense. Implant didn't comment anything about the school today, that was new.

They soon reached Jack's class, and the two proceeded to wait for the teacher to arrive.

Surprisingly, the mutant girl made of metal is still here, probably because she isn't really getting discriminated by the others, so, good for them! Jack couldn't be happier.

The professor soon entered the room, class was about to start and Jack planned on listening intently this time.

Still, he couldn't get his mind off the fact that maybe Implant planned all this out? With him having a girlfriend and all that.

But why bother asking him to go out to Patrol afterwards though? Thats just strange.

in more ways than one.

7