Chapter 34
162 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Implant grinned, he never knew that there was someone with the knowledge of what he was outside of that facility, it seems that this person is well educated. But, looking around at the people he brought, Spider man, His friend in the restaurant, and a small Imp like creature with purple skin, only one is capable of actually beating him down to a pulp.

But Implant knew that the world isnt all about strength. And so, he cautiously talked, picking his words at this moment may prove useful.

"So..." He says, "You know what I am." Implant has already put Jack to sleep as he talked, the kid had no need to learn of what was about to transpire.

"Indeed."

"What do you want?" Implants face was stoic, and he did not let a single expression leak from his face, not that they could read his expression to begin with of course, but it was better to be safe than sorry. The wheelchaired man moved forward,

"I want you to stop killing people." He replies, "You are giving us mutants a bad reputation because of your actions." He adds,

"You know I cant do-"

"I very much know that you can have chocolate as a substitute for your... needs." The man's face was resolute, perhaps even pissed. "I do not know why you would dare lie to me." He says shaking his head, he seemed dissapointed, "I know you are more intelligent than that. Klyntar." His face this time had words written all over it, saying that if Implant fucks up now, he wouldnt hold back. That was what he meant by saying the actual name of his race.

To all this, Implant couldn't help but shudder, and so he asked- "How?"

The man shook his head, "I have conversed with another of your kind." He looked at the purple skinned Imp right beside him, in reply, the Imp nodded, and then he disappeared with a wisp of purple smoke, "One, that is currently stuck at another mutant." The Imp came back, and in his hands were pictures. Pictures of a kid, no older than 10, looking like some sort of red demon, Implant judged that from the white veins that crawled all over his body, the kid is currently in symbiosis with one of his kin.

"Interesting..." The symbiote mutters. His eyes gave themselves a sharper look, he then looked at the mutant. "So, what do you want?.." His voice trailed off,

"Call me Xavier." The man says, "I want you to stop eating criminals. That's all." He adds.

"And if I don't?"

"Well, you'll just have to be dealt with." Xavier replied, and the others surrounding him moved and shifted in positions fit for a brawl, some were already in their battle stances, with Spider man curling his body like a spring. He was able to gouge out what each of them did after that little show of theirs, with Xavier's friend putting his hand near his sunglasses and Xavier himself putting a finger on his temple.

Such an act was quite costly for the group, Implant estimated, and yet they still did it. Well, he guessed that they either prepare for battle now, or risk themselves getting caught off guard later.

"Very well." Implant replied, "I shall not eat humans." this put a smile on Xavier's face, and he prepared to leave, but Implant stopped them "But before you leave, this... Screamer woman," He was almost too afraid to say it, but he needed to continue, "Is she-"

"She's a criminal." Spider man cut him off, what he said widened Implant's eyes in surprise, "We are not with her." He adds, "I was thinking of asking her help to fend you off but this man came to me and said that she was dangerous, I took their warning." He finished.

And with that, the group left Implant in the alleyway. By this point, the symbiote made Jack's body released chemicals to wake him up, and once he did, he would tell the teen his thoughts. He had no plans in leaving him now, or in the near future but it seems that Jack would have to babysit him for a while. That pissed Implant off, the thought of some human needing to take care of him really grinded his nerves.

"Or maybe I'm being too hard on Jack." The symbiote pondered, Jack isn't apart of the group that tortured his kin, and Implant doubts he ever will be, but still, he needed to be obedient. And him taking care of Implant would mean that the symbiote had to personally depend on him,

and Implant simply wasn't ready.

Time passed and Jack soon woke up, and that was when their conversation started- "So," The symbiote started, "I no longer want to patrol." He says as he started climbing up the walls of the alleyway, "It seems that we have found enemies." He was almost at the roof top by now, and then he stopped. "So..." The hoarseness of his voice started to disappear, it had become smooth "I may need you to take care of me for a while."

Jack was happy to hear this, and he replied ecstatically on the matter, he said that he would be glad to give the nightly patrols a rest, after all, he had another life outside of this whole symbiote gig, and more importantly, he now had a girlfriend, and Jack said that perhaps spending time with her would get both of their minds away from the worries that come with them being a monster that hunts at night.

Implant chuckled, "Perhaps you are right..." He bent his legs, tensed his muscles,

"Human."

And jumped.

7