Chapter 41
120 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was night, darkness had already encompassed the entirety of the city, several newly risen "Heroes" have decided it was time to go ahead and patrol, people are now staying inside their homes, feeling cozy. For Jack, watching TV whilst hugging his girlfriend felt comfortable, school would start again tomorrow, time was flowing fast and he felt like old age wasnt that far from where he is standing. Thoughts like that had taken over his head lately, and a creeping feeling that he doesn't want to work is slowly making its way to his core.

Nevertheless, Jack ignored them, something like that wouldnt really bother him. What did though is the fact that Implant said he wanted to kill that screaming woman, Jack could understand why and he would love to help but the woman left no trace, and she made no moves towards them too. The teen wanted to believe that she was planning something, though that would mean that she is waiting patiently somewhere out there, and that leads to the question- What did they do to aquire her ire? DareDevil and Peter Parker were understandable, they were acting as heroes after all, and Implant eating people isnt exactly on the good side of morals. Then maybe she herself is some sort of hero, but she hasn't shown up on the news though. Jack scratched his neck, perhaps she wanted revenge for all the killings?

Jack wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

Pondering Implant's thought process had taken most of the teen's energy for the night, so, telling his girlfriend that he's gonna go to bed first, the teen tucked himself in.

Morning soon came by, and Jack woke up with a fuzzy mind, school was once again starting, several stuff had popped up ever since he had gotten this alien of his and he doubts that it would go low anytime soon. Which sucks because he really wanted to take school seriously for a little bit. But alas, thanks to Implant he may need to skip a few days of classes in the near future.

Hunting that woman is a priority after all.

The sound of the dripping water from his body had taken off Jack's mind from over thinking, the shower was a calm one as he slowly rinsed his body with soap, he had taken all the time he needed in the shower, and after a rather arduous thinking session, the teen was able to conclude that maybe he should ask the symbiote for some time off for the time being.

"Hey dude?" He called out as he wiped his body with a towel,

Yeah? The symbiote asked,

"I was wondering, how important is finding that woman?"

Well, if you really think about it, that person is a criminal, I don't think I need to explain how someone like that hunting us could be dangerous right? Implant's voice was soft yet aggressive, and Jack didn't want to reply with he was clearly adamant about all this. It's better to give the alien some space and obey his demands for the time being.

And besides, if someone as smart and efficient as Implant says he wants to hunt something, one could probably assume that the symbiote can tackle that problem head on. It's not like Implant would just run straight into danger just because he's scared.

The symbiote didn't have that type of personality.

Leaving that problem on its own, Jack went ahead and left the shower, replaced by Sheila who immediately came running when she heard her boyfriend finish.
Still though, what if Implant is actually acting on his impulse? Does he fear her that much? Jack couldn't pinpoint on what's exactly gonna happen to that woman when Implant grabs hold of her but he assumes it's probably something bad, seeing that he actually kills people for food, it wouldn't be far fetched that he would kill someone capable of threatening him.

Which means that whenever his weakness is exposed, Implant would probably do the same thing over and over again. So it's probably better that they grab a hold of their weaknesses before it becomes even worse, and that would Imply that both of them actually have to train, or maybe it's just him?
Putting on his shoes, the teen put his theory to the test- "So uh, Implant, what do you plan on doing when we find more people like her?" He asked the symbiote casually,

I plan on eliminating them so that they don't bother us ever again. He answered.

"Cool, Cool. What are your weaknesses exactly?" He tried to ask that without really raising suspicion and Jack felt like he had failed, but to his surprise the symbiote answered.

Well... I would say that my race has a certain weakness to high frequency sounds and fire.

"So you're susceptible to those two things?"

I wish, I am actually quite resistant to fire, but, in exchange, my weakness to sound has been amplified.

"Then how can you survive that woman?" Jack asked, if Implant held his ground despite having two times the weakness to sound, then what would happen if he had average resistance instead? Would that woman's shout even affect him? And what's up with the symbiotes resistance to fire? What does the fact that he's resistant to it mean? Possibly that he can survive for long periods of time in high temperatures? Maybe actually be able to swim in boiling water? Is that it? Jack couldn't wrap his head around it quite well, he thought of asking for the specific details, but it's best that he goes about this with his own understanding, to give it a human's perspective and all that.

He would learn all about Implant's traits in the near future anyway, given that the two continue patrolling that is.

Still, he has a lot of questions with a little bit of time, Implant would find that woman eventually, given that he's so good at doing it. And he needs to figure out how to properly managed their weakness before that, especially when it comes to learning how Implant worked, or else he may put himself at risk as well, and given that the symbiote clearly wants to hunt down that woman, Jack may be at risk of dying if he just left the symbiote to do this on his own.

He had an inkling that Implant would fail, and it seems that he wasn't that far off. it's good that he asked Implant about his weaknesses too, now he knows that the symbiote is literally on a suicide mission.

Seeing that Implant didn't really reply to his question, Jack sighed before telling the showering Sheila that he's going to leave for school, with his girlfriend's confirmation, Jack left the apartment.

4