Chapter 51
54 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a rather exhausting night, my morning went quite well. I managed to give myself a hot cup of coffee for the first time in a couple of months, although it was mainly Sheila's brew, the ingredients she uses for her... latte? Is that what its called? Tasted quite well. As I was drinking my morning potion, I looked at the news, and to my elated surprise, I was on it, though it was mainly good rep, some had stated, especially different civilians, that the New York Devil (Im starting to get tired of the name) has decided to expand his territory, which is quite annoying, since apparently, no matter what I do, Implant's reputation would always follow behind my back, in fact, I felt that it was so close that it might as well kiss me while I'm unaware, it sounds weird but thats how I truly feel about the entire thing.

Turning off the telivision, Jack got up from his bed, he took his now empty cup of coffee to the sink and left it there for Sheila to clean, it was her turn today, and though he did feel guilty about leaving behind a singular cup for her to clean, Jack felt petty enough that he was probably being reasonable.

With a groan, Jack stretched, letting all his tense limbs relax, his body still felt stiff, so he went inside their shower and proceeded to sprinkle himself with warm water. Thoughts grazed through his head as he rubbed soap all over his body, he didnt really feel tired, quite the contrary in fact, when he saw the different crimes happen last night, especially his two encounters with rape victims, something inside of him lit up, he cant really explain the feeling but if he were to put it into words, it would probably sound someting like - "I am so fortunate that I got this gift, and I want to share it to the suffering world." - it sounds something like a dictator would say but he's sure he doesnt plan on conquering the world just because he sees it as someting unjust. Or maybe he does and he doesnt know it yet? Honestly time would tell.

Putting on his school uniform had never been easier, and as Jack did, he looked at himself on the bathroom mirror, his lean, well built body could only be described as something that belonged to the gods, he looked like an adonis if he were to be honest, and that was him just having a workout routine that consists of him going to the gym two hours per day, with the exception being saturday where he actually does it for over 10 hours straight with little to no breaks in between. He knows that it was mostly thanks to Implant but he couldnt help but admire his own effort, if he hadnt spent an entire month exercising would he still have this sort of body? Given, Implant pushed him to do it but still.

Once he was ready to leave, Jack kissed his sleeping girlfriend on the forehead, before leaving behind a note that said that he's at school by the time she would have woken up. Of course, most people wouldnt really have a reason to go to school at 6 30 AM, but Jack did. And that was mainly thanks to a mutant classmate of his, someone who never really tried to reach out after a failed attempt at meeting with him, of course, he's thinking about Kincaid. The mutant never really talked to him after she hadnt showed up to their meeting, so Jack assumed that it was her just wanting to be distant, but now he couldnt just stand it, he wanted to talk to her even if it was only just to clarify things.

Leaving his apartment, Jack made his way to the regular bus stop that would lead him to his school, and as per usual,

the bus ride was boring. Once again, nothing interesting had happened, except maybe a report about some guy that had electrical powers running lose or something? Jack has heard from the passerby's when the bus stopped that apparently the guy wasnt a mutant, instead, he had gotten his powers from falling to a vat filled with electric eels, it was a pretty weird back story but he mused that it was probably un confirmed, he does not know where the people had gotten that information from so he just tallied it up as some sort of reason that allows them to comprehend the situation.

And for good reason, who wouldnt want to make sense of a man that shoots electricity out of his palms?

When he arrived at school, Jack saw that the place was still quite empty, of course, it made sense since it was still an hour early before classes start. The only people eager to go here this early would be over achievers, or those that generally dont want trouble, and luckily, Kincaid falls on the second category, so it was pretty safe to say that she was here on this time. Jack set off to try and find the girl, he does not know where she is currently, so he guessed he just had to find her.

Surprisingly, finding her had proven to be quite difficult, but, thankfully, in exchange, Jack was able to find out that a science professor, more specifically biology, had gone missing over the course of the week, Jack doesnt know whats up with that one so he let it be, but it was Important to take note that Implant has apparently heard strange things inside the pipeline of the school.

He ignored the symbiotes rambling and continued on his way to finding the mutant.

Eventually, he did find her, Cessily was sitting underneath a random tree on the east side courtyard, it had taken him precisely twenty minutes before he went here, and he was thankful that he chose this side as well, given that he has apparently hit the Jackpot. Jack, not wanting to waste time, approached the metal skinned mutant, his head was filled with whatever it was he wanted to start the conversation with-

"Hey," Cessily jerked her head towards Jack's direction, and when she realized who the speaker was, she frowned.

"What do you want Jack?" She asked as she put the notebook she was holding inside her bag, she then closed the knapsack, after that all her attention was focused on Jack, whom was walking closer to her with a smile on his face, trying to be as friendly as he possibly could.

"Look, I just wanted to find you because you suddenly dissapeared on me, I mean, you didnt even try to reach out to me after you didnt go to the diner!" The teen declared, causing the mutant to have frantic movements in an attempt to silence Jack,

"Listen! I dont want people associating you with me!" She said in a high pitched voice.

"And why's that?" Jack, now sitting right beside her stated.

"Because then you'd be an outcast! Like me," She was trying her best to whisper, but as Kincaid looked around, she was able to tell that the students around the area were already looking at the two of them with disgust.

"Oh please," Jack whipped his arm down, "As if that's gonna bother me." And then he pushed his head closer to Cessily's and from what the teen could tell, the girl can apparently blush.

"I just..."

"Shhh..." Jack shushed her, "Its fine," He added, "Now, tell me, why did you avoid me after saying that you wanted to meet up?" To this the metal bodied human couldnt help but release a sigh,

"So you're fixated on that huh?" She said with dissapointment.

"I mean yeah, it was a surprise to me that you suddenly became this confident girl that told me to meet up with her and then suddenly," Jack made a clapping motion with his arm "BAM! you dissapear without a trace, not coming to the diner, and then you dont talk to me at school about it. Its like you forgot about it or something!" His voice by now sounded excited, like he expected Cessily to have answers to his questions.

"And what if I did?" The mutant asked back, and Jack went silent.

"Wait really?" He scratched his head, then he looked around, "this just makes things awkward doesnt it?" Cessily couldnt help but chuckle at Jack's expense, but she quickly covered her mouth and looked at Jack with a serious face.

"Of course I didnt." She, like any respectable woman, wanted to explain herself but- "I could only tell you the surface for now but..." Her voice trailed off,

"I am a part of a secret organization that belongs to mutants."

Jack flinched, and within him he felt Implant become impatient. Something about Xavier? Jack shook his head, "What do you mean? I mean, Im pretty sure I also have secrets and-"

"I know what your secret is." Cessily narrowed her eyes, "The so called 'New York Devil.' " she suddenly declared, and this caused Jack to once again, sigh, muttering something about people just figuring things out, and about how scary some women are in this world, because apparently, so far, only the women surrounding Jack have figured it out.

Jack wondered if Peter's "Women" also knew about the guy's secret identity but held the thought off.

"Call us Implant, please." Jack pleaded, and this time, Cessily's eyes widened.

"We?" she asked, and Jack replied.

"Yeah, we. There's two of us."

The pair stayed silent after that, considering that Sheila didnt exactly know what she would do with such information, but before she could decide, a tendril shot out of Jack's chest, it was small enough that others probably wouldnt notice, and yet big enough that the mutant would see what it is. The green appendage suddenly gained a small hole on its tip, and from this small hole sounds came-

"That is right," Implant said, "There are two of us." His voice was small, like some kind of miniature version of his gravelly, deep voice. Jack couldnt help but chuckle.

Of course, Cessily couldnt believe what she was hearing, suspicious, she was about to speak but the tendril had already beat her to it. "And yes, Xavier knows what we are." it commented, "And I cant believe how they hired children!" It complaint in addition.

"Yeah... its not like were of the same age right?" Cessily, smiling stiffly said.

"Thats not really me though." Jack, ignoring the lapses on his knowledge said, he doesnt want to know who Xavier is if Implant decided not to let him know.

After that, the two silently talked, with both of them now ignoring the gazes thrown their way by the biggening student body. Jack could care less about his reputation and Cessily respected his decision, it had gotten to the point that the two talked until the bell rang, sometimes they gave each other knowledge about their lives and sometimes, they would talk about their school work and powers, typical stuff teenagers talked about really.

When they were about to leave, Jack asked the mutant if she wanted to patrol with him, but of course, with the statement about her being way too obvious to spot and recognize, she declined. And that was how their conversation came to a fruitful end.

3