Chapter 55
127 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, parker, hows it going?" My groupmate said to me, currently, he and I were partners for a project on our english class, we were tasked on making a small review on our chosen books, my partner and I chose a book called Hyperion Cantos, it is scifi novel about some random guy, I wasn't really keen on the details as we didn't have time, but my partner, Jack Stephen, gave a quick summary about the book, and to me, it was more than enough. Our other partner though, gwen stacy, a friend of mine, didn't like the fact that she missed out on the books, so she is currently skimming through them like some sort of book reading athlete. I do not know if she's able to get any information from what she is doing but I hoped she did, as we were required to make a 4 page review with atleast 10 paragraphs.
Our plan was to individualy write a single review and then let each other review those reviews so that we can decide on what we will present 3 days from now, it was easier said than done, as the book we picked was too lengthy, but thanks to that though, we had a lot of things to actually give a review about, such as the bad guys, the plot, and whatever it is that we found interesting enough to whine about.

At first, I was against the idea of picking this sort of book for such a short notice, but the other two seemed to interested enough that they wanted to actually do it, I had no choice but to follow their footsteps.

And now, we're here, where a small group of schoolmates sat inside my room, trying their best to read books or write reviews, Jack and I were apart of the latter. And currently-

"Yeah, I don't know man, I think that you should be more openly when it comes to the shrike, see-

Jack's words trailed off as I focused on the conversation outside my room, Jack and Gwen weren't the only ones that visited our small home today, Harry and his father were here too, two powerful people in terms of finance and status. Some would find it weird that they are here, but there is an explanation for that, as these two are here for the sole purpose of compensation, as the legal dispute between my aunt and them haven't ended yet. Aunt May has been trying to push the problem of me being sick on our last field trip legally, as I was apparently harmed in the process with Oscorp not really helping out, or atleast, that's what I think the problem is, I'm not really big on laws, which is precisely why I didn't touch anything related to their legal dispute. Though I did try to convince aunt may that she should let it be, but sadly, she wasn't that keen on letting it go.
I shook my head, I probably shouldnt focus on that sort of thing for now, as it is not really a problem I can deal with alone.

I once again focused on the people around my room, Jack was still talking whilst Gwen was reading books on my bed, she looked comfortable. How nice.

The time we spent inside that room eventually passed, and both Jack and Gwen had to go home, it was only six o clock, they left two hours after they have arrived, the same went for both Mr. Norman, and Harry.

I was thankful that they didn't push my aunt to leave the case alone any further, as my stubborn aunt probably wouldn't leave it alone anytime soon. Another court meeting would once again be held 17 days from now, and it's a mystery if it would end by that point, I hope it does, as me and Harry are getting tired of trying to talk both of the adults out of this. I tried this evening as well, but Aunt may simply wouldn't let up.

Dinner was still an hour away, so I had thought about what I should do whilst I'm waiting, I went ahead and showered for one thing, and then I proceeded to read one of the Hyperion books, reading all of them would probably be impossible as there's only three days but if it's only one, then I could probably manage.

My spider senses blared as I was reading, and I wasn't able to focus. It had become a habit of mine, going out to patrol during this time, and I would usually listen to my spider senses to get a better outline of the city, that had drawbacks as it now continously screamed at me like some sort of organic alarm clock, it yelled at me to go out and prevent crime, or maybe to help some dog get unstuck from the canals. I tried my best to ignore it, to drown it out, and continued to read.

Night soon came and I finished eating dinner, I locked the door to my room and I dawned my suit.

The city was... a bit too grey for my taste, deep down these streets, crime runs rampant, I had tried my best in preventing those that I have found, and my spider sense would always lead me to them in one way or another, but it seems that they simply wouldn't stop, there will always be a man that's desparate enough to rob a poor store, and I feel sad thinking about how they can possibly turn their life around if they just simple tried.

I released another shot of web out of my wrist, I felt my muscles contract when I did, pushing out such a substance felt natural to me, and yet, the human part of my mind called me a monster, the same as that gigantic lizard I had found in the sewers just a few days ago.

Swinging my arms, my body moved at a 180 degree angle, enabling me to turn across the street using the nearest building.

Once again, my spider senses cried, and I shot out a web at the general direction it was leading me to.

I was soon upon a crime scene, the same one was always, a bank robbery. I went in, webbed a few criminals out of commision, and got out. It was a simple job that didn't require me to put effort, it had always been that way, and I assume nothing interesting would probably happen.

Though, I did notice a few people that were the same as me, ignoring that gigantic lizard, at one point I was able to encounter a large man that wore heavy armor, he was as strong as me without holding back, if not even stronger. And I of course, struggled against him, if not ofr that gigantic mass of Flesh that people now call Implant.

I can safely say that the inspiration for my suit came from that creature, I copied the eyes, texture and even how tight it looked. That monster is a great inspiration for me, both in terms of creativity and how I deal with heroism.

See, when my uncle got shot, I thought of revenge, and surprisingly, it came easy, the man that killed my uncle was later found dead the same night he killed someone, he was headless when his corpse was found. I felt disgusted at the thought of the murderer, but then came his family, one that was the same as me, they cried in television, in front of so many people, and they begged for their father to be avenged. And yet, it never came.
As the monster that killed that man hides way too well, and so far, no one was able to find him. Though he can't help but think that he's forgetting something.

His patrol soon came to and end, it was now 12 o clock, it was best to sleep. As school would once again start tomorrow.

so, this is the end. For now atleast.

I thank you all for reading this fanfic.See you in around, a week or so where I'll have atleast proper backlogs.

3