Prologue
286 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Fetid Tutuk was one of the most vile creatures I've ever seen. He's a large Grueler made of disgusting, rotten flesh stitched together.

I've never seen him until this moment, but I've heard of him.

He's one of the strongest warriors of all monsters.

He's a terrifying presence to all, but to his followers- they worship him.

Even I hesitated to gaze upon this monster that had two large disgusting smiles.

He had a large, nasty mouth on his face, and one on his blubber belly.

I felt somewhat excited, however, to fight this Grueler.

He reminded me of a Hero I played in a real-time strategy game in my previous life.

Well, in both worlds, they weren't really heroes.

I guess that doesn't matter though, because what does heroes mean, anymore?

He sat on a large throne with a red cushion with stains of green. His large arm rests were made of gold.

Tutuk was surrounded by a very large army of nasty, contagious, and toxic mutated hounds, and green mutated soldiers with swords for hands.

Some Gruelers in the crowd of growling, shrieking, and something I assumed to be singing, were nearly as huge as Fetid Tutuk.

I called those Gruelers Hefty Gruelers, and they were just as nasty as Tutuk. At least they didn't have another smile somewhere (I hope).

Their bodies were constantly oozing toxic waste, leaving a trail of disaster behind them. What made it worse was that they had four horse-like legs that made them very swift.

In numbers, Hefty Gruelers could overpower the Fetid Tutuk, but they were all too loyal.

They stink worse than the smaller Gruelers around them, augmenting my doubt of the air being safe to breathe.

There were some Hefty Gruelers that held Tutuk’s throne in the air, providing him ease of transport. 

At last, to add to Tutuk's army, they were surrounded by unidentifiable corpses attached to the back of horses. They were drooping as they were lifeless.

These horses were called the Nuckler Gruelers. They were made in mass rituals by combining a human sacrifice to a beheaded horse.

Intelligent monsters and beasts were smart enough to have their own rituals.

Although these Gruelers weren't the brightest in the shed, they must've been under rule by a smarter Grueler. At least- I assumed.

I finished my analysis as Tutuk kept ranting to his soldiers in another language.

Here, I was alone- But I alone was enough.

I'm the inheritor, and successor, of the Vampire of Varyn after all.

Nothing will get in my way.

Tutuk finished ranting, and ripped some of his flesh out from his arms, hips, and arse.

He rolled the flesh together into a ball and threw it at me.

The flesh balls fell too short, and I was able to see it's effects.

They weren't just heavy disgusting flesh thrown at me.

As soon as it made impact on the ground, it spewed corrosive pus as it broke apart.

Truly a dangerous weapon, especially with regenerative powers.

This meant that Tutuk could bombard any foe with flesh balls.

I was dissapointed that this Grueler was too stupid and ignorant to be persuaded in joining my army.

I tuned my mana in both of my arms to manipulate the dirt around me.

Because I could manipulate multiple mana capabilities, I had to tune my mana so I could use a specific mana capability.

Then I focused my mana through my legs to my feet to use my Earth Manipulation Magic to construct a large wall of strong dirt in front of me.

The ground shook as a wall of dirt, reaching far to my left and right, thrusted from the ground in front of me, blocking the flesh balls from reaching my face.

This all took me approximately 2.5 seconds to cast due to the tuning of the mana. It usually takes 1 second or less for me to cast magic.

It all depended on the intensity I placed on my mana.

I heard the flesh balls bombard the wall in front of me.

The dirt wall was collapsing at a slow rate.

"CHUU TA RAAK!!!" Tutuk roared

I heard footsteps approach me.

Tutuk's army was at a fast march towards me.

They were at least 110 meters away from me.

If they had archers, they could've fired from a greater distance depending on their bow.

Fortunately, they didn't have any archers.

Because they were 110 meters away from me, I had a brief moment to myself to think.

Nucklers to protect the flank... not all that stupid... they will try to surround me due to their sheer number.

Their footsteps grew closer, and the ground shook more violently as the Gruelers closed the distance.

The Nuckler Gruelers had already reached my flankbut they waited.

They're going to wait for me to fight with the soldiers in front of me first before they come in... Their tactics are all too easy to see. It's better than some small human kingdoms, though... They still should've concealed their flankers.

I had already come up with a plan. The rest of my thoughts were just critiquing their poor strategy.

The frontline had already reached the wall. Some gruelers came around the wall, while others clashed with the dirt.

It was only a few seconds before it collapsed.

I predicted that it would collapse on some of them, so I tuned the mana in both of my arms to Wind Creation Magic, focusing it through my arms into my palms, ready to exert it and propel me backwards to safety.

Just as predicted, it did. The wall tumbled down, crushing whoever was underneath it. I propelled myself backwards in time to avoid it.

Some of the soldiers on the front line shrieked and cried in pain and fear.

Hurry up and confront me already.

"I'm waiting!" I shouted

The Gruelers didn't understand what I said, but they did understand me flipping them off.

They were really pissed.

Maybe not so much from me flipping them off, but maybe because I killed their brothers and friends.

They sprinted towards me.

20 meters...

15...

10...

I started spinning, exerting Wind Creation around me to propel me out of the box the Gruelers had put me in.

The knucklers on my flank had already moved behind me, and were at swords-length distance trampling me before I propelled myself far in the air.

*woosh*

The wind I exerted threw some of the soldiers into the ground or into other soldiers, and I even knocked some Nucklers over.

The soldiers who came around the barrier clashed into formations, ultimately leading to the Gruelers fighting each other.

Watching them struggle made me smile as I kept myself in the air by tuning the mana throughout my whole body into wind magic, keeping myself in the air.

I tuned the mana in my left arm into Earth Creation Magic, and my right arm into Fire Creation Magic.

The soldiers who came around the barrier clashed into formations, ultimately leading to the Gruelers fighting each other.

*zonk*

*clang*

Watching them struggle made me smile as I kept myself in the air by tuning the mana throughout my whole body into wind magic, keeping myself in the air.

I tuned the mana in my left arm into Earth Creation Magic, and my right arm into Fire Creation Magic.

I raised my left hand above my head, focusing my mana to create rough balls of stone above me.

As they rolled, they grew bigger in size.

"ORRA, CUUUUK!" Tutuk roared. He struck yet again, except this time it was towards the soldiers around him. 

He was still far off in the distance, as I expected. 

But he wasn’t out of the game, yet. 

He swooped down at his grunts and consumed them through his mouth… well- the one on his face. 

Tutuk disgustingly moaned, and let out a yellow gas out of the mouth on his blubber belly.

His belly jiggled.

Finally, small flying creatures spewed out of his disgusting mouth on his belly. 

These creatures had wings like flies.

I had never seen them before, but I decided to call them Gruler Hornets.

This was due to their black stripes on their green, chunky bodies.

Too late.

The rough balls of stone I created were significantly larger than before, and I decided that it was enough.

This move could bring down an entire city in a heartbeat. 

I raised my right hand, focused mana through my right arm and into my palm, and exerted it.

Fire began enveloping the stone. 

The Grueler Hornets were still far away. Far away enough for me to look down on the crowded army below him, and then look Fetid Tutuk in the eye.

I felt a sense of superiority and smirked.

“I’M NO ORDINARY MAN, TUTUK! I AM THE TRUTH!” I shouted. Tutuk probably couldn’t hear me because I was too far away, but I felt the urge to say so anyway.

I thrusted my hands downward to my sides. 

The stone balls enveloped in fire that was roaring so viciously thrusted towards the ground below me. 

There were only 2 balls of stone, as I thought that was enough to take down the entire land. 

There were no trees, and most likely no wildlife out in this savage wasteland ruled by monsters. 

My smirk turned into a large grin as the stones collided with the ground and the army.

Some of the Nucklers ran a long time ago, but they couldn’t escape the impact radius. 

The Gruelers were too busy gazing upon the stones of fire or fighting each other.

*rumble*

*koooueeeee*

*boom, crack!*

A vicious sustained roar reached all ends of this land. 

I covered my eyes and made a barrier of strong stone around me to protect myself from the blast.

A wave of fire and wind ran through the lands.

The Nucklers had been affected by this wave and flew while being set ablaze. 

Tutuk said nothing and watched the explosion as it blinded him.

When the wave reached Tutuk, his Hefty Gruelers who were holding the throne fell and were set ablaze while being crushed under his throne. 

As for Tutuk, he rolled over as his throne fell.

His insides splattered out from the mouth on his blubber belly as he hit the ground hard. 

I was disappointed when I found out, because I really wanted him to feel the burn and suffering instead of dying a quick death.

I dismissed my barrier and the stone crumbled and fell on the ground below me. 

In the end, there were two large craters, dirt that flew everywhere and piled on each other, burn stains on the ground, and small flames on any remaining grass in the area.

I admired the scenery below me of Grueler’s corpses littering the ground. 

I took off my mask to feel the wind brush against my face. 

I gazed at the mountains and the sun going down just behind them ahead of me.

Their mistake for not knowing who I am… they will be an example for the whole world. Soon they will all see the truth and come to accept it whether they like it or not. This world doesn’t need another villain. This world needs a new nightmare.

8