Chapter 25: The Duel Between the Cocky and the Bold.
47 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Welcome, Sir Mason. Would you care for breakfast?” Miss Mary asked with care.

“Of course.” Mason gave a smirk.

“Very well. Please have your men join as well.” 

His leather suit had a patch on it which had different stripes of yellow and black.

“Brother.” Celie gave him a stiff nod.

“Celie.” He called, but instantly turned his attention to me holding my fork looking bewildered. 

He waved his men in and ordered them to sit. He himself sat across from me, and his eyes locked onto mine.

“Who is this?” 

“Ah- I told Fletcher that…” Miss Mary shook her head and looked as if she decided to change her answer course. “I mean- this is Lady Celie’s new magic instructor.” She stuttered, her hands slightly shaking. 

“Hm…” There was a brief silence from the man and Lady Celie who stopped eating and stared at her plate. 

“They finally killed that maniac that could manipulate wind.” Said one man on the far end of the table.

“Hm? I’ve forgotten his name as well. I heard he was part of the Grim Reapers.”

“Ah! I’ve heard the Grim Reapers have been spotted wandering around the city lately.”

“I’ve been hearing that since 2 years ago. It’s just a stupid myth.”

“I heard Lady Brisa beat Sir Chandler’s kid… what’s his name… ah! Princeton.”

“Just beat? She mopped the floors with that failure of a child! Hah! Losing to a little girl.”

My eyes went around the table, watching whoever spoke. It was only until one man was beginning to mention something when Mason gave a loud empty laugh.

“I must admit, I’m impressed. I knew you were a blockhead, a failure- an embarrassment at that- of the Taywin Chalot house, but to stoop so low as to this…” Mason took a gulp of his wine. Celie squinted her dark ringed eyes and stared more intensely at her plate, and I looked Mason dead in his eyes. “I really want to believe this is a joke. A kid? Seriously? As if those grown accoladed instructors couldn’t teach you? What is he, your secret lover?” He gave another empty laugh.

“Lover…” I muttered under my breath, but Mason had heard.

Hmph, lover. As if. I would enjoy seeing her so upset, but this guy is a real prick. 

“What was that?” He asked

“Nothing.”

“A coward for an instructor. How low could you get, Celie?” 

Ok I had enough.

I had enough with his insults and I wanted to prove myself that I’m not just some kid.

“Duel me. That way I can just shut your mouth already.” I let out in a trembling voice. It wasn’t as cool or intimidating as I expected it to be, but Mason looked intently into my eyes with a flaming passion to make me piss shit. 

“Jiro-” Miss Mary was interrupted from scolding me for speaking out by Mason who slammed his hands on the table, making drinks spill and plates jump, food flying everywhere.

“You’re gonna have to reach down your fucking throat to pick your nose when I’m done with you.”

Somehow, I got intimidated when I was the one who tried intimidating him. I tried sitting back down, but Mason kicked the door open.

“Come, Celie. Watch me wipe the floors with your lover.” He laughed maniacally. 

Holy shit… now this is an antagonist at its finest. 

 

I stood my ground on the opposite side of Mason in the dirt pit where I first challenged Celie. 

I was given a thin, short, dull little wooden sword, and I held it looking very confused.

“This is a magic duel, isn’t it?” I asked

“Who said anything about a magic duel? You challenged me to a duel.”

Mason’s men began whispering in each other's ears as they were lined up on the gates, watching Mason and giving quick, disapproving glances at me. 

“I can still fight you with magic though, right?” I asked

“If you even have any.” He chuckled.

I grasped my sword with one hand. 

I peered into Mason’s eyes who were looking directly at mine with fire. His smirk and personality gave me the impression that he underestimated me and wanted to make my face mush. 

“In fact, I won’t even use magic.” He taunted.

“Oh- alright.” I responded with disinterest. His smirk faded and his face grew serious as Miss Mary raised her hand in the air. 

I couldn’t and shouldn’t fight him in melee. He’s bigger, stronger, faster… more experienced… 

Fletcher had just opened the door when she gave the command to start. 

Mason threw his sword at me but ultimately missed as I stepped to the side just in time. 

I waited for him to get 3 meters close to me. My two feet were pointing at the manor as my left was planted just ahead of me and my right was planted right behind me. 

I tuned my mana in my right hand to use my wind manipulation magic.

-5 meters-

My right arm began a clock rotation

-4 meters- 

My left foot turned towards Mason, and my hips followed violently.

-3 meters- 

*whiiz* 

The sword flew in the air like a bullet and hit Mason right in his chest. I aimed for his gut, but I had a little inaccuracy. 

The sword and Mason flew 6 feet back. He landed on his back and bounced up once, giving a large gasp and giving one final fall back to the ground. 

His men gave large gasps of surprises as well, watching him as he flew, only looking at Mason concerned. Even Celie, who looked completely depressed after Mason had arrived, looked utterly surprised and excited.

I used my wind manipulation magic to significantly increase the velocity of the sword and have more force when I threw it. 

I used half of my mana intensity on that throw, scared that I might kill him if I used all of it. Unfortunately, that may have been too much because Mason wasn’t getting up. I thought I killed him. 

Mason gave a few pants before Miss Mary could come to his aid. Mason reached for his chest and began kicking his feet, giving grunts and “ahhs.” 

Miss Mary got to her knees and placed her hands on his chest. Her hands brightly radiated a transparent, green orb. 

Mason gave another large gasp and rose halfway up before falling back down.

“Careful! Be very careful… I think you broke his ribcage Jiro…” 

Oh shit… am I going to be fired?

I seriously hoped I wasn’t fired. 

Fletcher clapped his hands as the attention went towards him.

“Very nice, Jiro. You’re much more interesting than I thought you were.” He gave a gentle smile as his eyes squinted from the bright sunshine. 

I was going to walk up to Fletcher and greet him, but my right ankle was suddenly grabbed by something green and yanked backwards, making me fall on my face. 

“OOF!” I shouted as my forehead hit the dirt hard.

 I tried pushing myself up, but I was yanked again. 

I turned around only to find a thick dark green vine reaching from the garden pulling me towards it.

2