Chapter 3: Rewind
107 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Otis POV:

__

Today was a special day for adventuring.

I couldn’t wait to adventure with this new cute girl I met in the guild yesterday.

I met her when we were both taking up the same quest.

She told me she was a Fire Manipulator, and she'd be willing to share the reward if we hunted together.

I was ready to show off my swordsmanship and strength.

Today, we are going hunting for Parasyte Infected Stray Wolves in The Hills of Druke.

Parasyte Infected animals are really nasty, I’ll tell ya’.

Mutated faces, horrible stench, and frightening gurgles and growls. 

Oh, not to mention they can spread the parasites through bites or infected waters and foods- it doesn’t matter to me.

I’m The Mighty Otis, said many.

Maybe just a few had said that, or maybe even just myself, but that doesn’t matter.

I was truly mighty.

I met Ceday at the western gate of Sover City. 

She was as beautiful as always in her dark cloak, long hair tied in a bun, and big boobies. She is truly a woman.

“Are you alright? You’re drooling… and looking at me weird…”

Oops

“Yeah, I’m alright. You’re just very pretty today.”“Oh… Right… Can we um… go?” Even when she sounds disturbed, her soft feminine voice makes me want to drool even more. 

We set off to the hills immediately after she clearly was hitting on me. 

Our first destination was a run down village on a road on the hills infested with parasites and infected.

We searched the village and didn’t find much until a pack of big infested wolves approached us, growling at us.

Some infected wolves had jaws missing, while most had their jaws hanging ready to fall at minute's notice. 

I could see huge, slimy, and nasty worms resting inside the wolves' large open wounds. 

“Ew…” Ceday murmured with a revolted look on her face.

Heh, now's the time for me to get rid of these disgusting wolves in front of this beauty.

I unsheathed my longsword and planted my right foot nearly behind my left foot that was pointing towards one of the wolves that was approaching me. 

I held the bottom handle of my longsword with my left hand, and the top with my right.

I pointed the edge of my sword towards my right.

I approached the wolf approaching me slowly as Ceday and the other wolves watched.

The wolf jumped towards me, and I pushed off my right foot and thrusted my sword into the wolf’s mouth (or at least what was remaining of it).

The wolf’s body dropped dead.

The other wolves howled and growled even louder. 

Must be pissed. Onto the next!

Unfortunately, I didn’t get another fortunate opportunity to get another one on one. All the wolves started sprinting towards me. I scurried back to Cedar, but the wolves were nearly already at my neck.

*woosh*

Pellets of fire flew by my head, and were growling more viciously than the wolves.

I didn’t want to turn my back to see Ceday putting her magic to work because of the wolves so I just ducked down.

Ceday rained pellets of fire towards the wolves.

The wolves hesitated, but kept towards me.

If they were normal wolves, they would’ve run.

But these wolves, they may already be dead. 

“Hurry up and come to me!”

The wolves dropped one by one very quickly as they were set ablaze. 

Things seemed to be going fine until I saw a wolf creeping behind Ceday ready to pounce.

I crawled faster than I did before, and got up when I was finally out of Ceday’s field of fire.

She couldn’t turn her back to the wolf or else I’d be dead meat. 

I got ya’!

The wolf was starting to pounce, but I was already in form to throw my longsword at it’s disgusting face.

The wolf pounced towards Ceday, but ultimately thrusted itself into my sword.

The wolf’s corpse hit Ceday, knocking her down

Luckily, there were no wolves remaining.

I approached Ceday who was still on the ground.

“You alright?” I reach my hand out towards Ceday as an offer for assistance.

“Yeah. Thanks.” Ceday held my hand and I helped her up.

Her hand was very soft.

“Wow…” I gawked at Ceday, my mouth agape.

“What?”

“Oh… nothing. Well, your mana capability and its intensity- you have some skill. Why don’t you become a mage for the kingdom?”

“Oh… reasons…”

I squinted my eyes in curiosity, but dismissed it. 

“Well, now we’re equal.” I jested

The rest of the day was just hunting for infected animals. 

I cut each of our prey’s ears off and put it into my leather bag I use when hunting for Guild missions. 

We were rewarded nicely for the amount of kills of dangerous infected animals.

I wanted to show off the Ceday, but she’s something different.

I thought we might make a good duo because she lacked strength, and I lacked any magic. 

She thought so too, because we paired up in the guild for the next few missions.

After claiming our reward for the hunting, a sudden thought struck my mind.

“Hey, Ceday. Want to go to Uder’s Bar with me? I’ll pay.”

Ceday laughed.

Did I say something wrong?

“Absolutely not.”

What… 

I felt so rejected that my body felt like it was going to collapse. I gazed at my feet.

All that hunting just to be rejected stone cold… man…

“But I’m free tomorrow. We can meet at the fountain just outside the guild.”

My head shot up towards Ceday.

“Oh! You won’t regret it. Thank you.”

I bowed for some reason.

Thankfully, Ceday didn’t take me as a weirdo and just laughed.

Well, I hoped she didn’t take me as a weirdo

(Jeez, he’s a weirdo… well- he’s cute and handsome. Might as well give him a shot) -Ceday

 

The next day, I met Ceday at the fountain. She wore a chemise and a long dark red gown, and she even let her hair down.

Man, her hair is pretty…

“You’re drooling again…”

Ceday noticed me creeping from behind the fountain.

“Oh- uh. Well… yeah.” She definitely thinks I’m a weirdo.

“Well, do you have anything in mind?”

Oh shit

I didn’t think of where to take her.

I was too busy thinking of how I could do the dirty deed with her last night.

I don’t regret it.

“Well, um…”

“Don’t tell me you asked me out and didn’t plan anything…”

“No!”

I held my chin with my hand, and thought.

“Ok… how about we just walk around the market.”

Well, it wasn’t a bad idea.

I didn’t like shopping at all, but if it meant I could get closer with her, I’m willing to do it.

We went stall to stall, building to building.

We did things like trying foods that we’ve never even heard of, looking at clothing which only Ceday was enjoying, and looking at new swords which was something Ceday definitely wasn’t interested in. She let me know too, because she smacked the back of my head when I even asked to check out the stall.

“On a date, really?” Ceday asked

But she was checking out stuff she likes that I don’t care for… why can’t I check out something I like that she doesn’t care for?

She finally let in after I was obviously fake pouting. 

We ended the day by sitting down on a hill outside of the city. Ahead of us were small wooden houses, and we were surrounded by flowers.

I don’t know why we came here, but Ceday led me here. 

“I come here sometimes when things in my life get difficult.” Ceday confessed

“Oh…” 

Shit, what do I say? What am I supposed to say?

“You must really love me then.” I blurted

Ah fuck… I didn’t know what to say. That just came out of my mouth. 

I look at Ceday, and she’s gazing at me. 

“Maybe. We just met.”

Ceday and I stared at each other for a moment, then peered at nothing in opposite directions.

“Yeah…” 

There was a long silence that was suddenly broken by sheer boldness that I mustered up. 

“I don’t know how this works, could you show me how to love?” My voice cracked, and I sounded completely pathetic.

I didn’t know what to say, and I just wanted to break the silence.

Maybe it was better for me not to say anything.

“Hm… why not?”

I turned to Ceday, and before I knew it, our lips met. 

6