Introduction God-Blocked
68 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You want me to do what?" 

"Seriously! Me?"

"Of all people?" 

"Really, this has to be a joke!"

"You do know I am just here for the coffee, the entertainment, and the conversation; right?"

"You do not want to pick me for this, God."

"Ask a preacher, the one with the pleasant voice mail."

"Oh, he's too busy. Well, that would explain the voice mail."

"Or one of your good and obedient children."

"Busy healing sick people, feeding the homeless, doing important things. Oh, well that is a really important job."

"What about my friend Jay Loften, he is an excellent choice for this task, Missionary, youth minister, teacher... PERFECT!"

"Already loaded down with your work. Well, he would be perfect; just saying."

"For your own sake, ask someone that knows more than I know!"

"Just find someone else to do this job, I am way too busy being your problem child!"

"Oh, don't you threaten me with the Holy Ghost. Last time you did that I missed out on 3 days of fun. And you thought it was hilarious to make me forget it all. I had plans and you God-Blocked me!" 

"God, they are not going to listen to me, I am a shameless sinner, I smoke, I drink, I write smut, I curse like a sailor, I find humor in things that I should not and then share them with you."

"OH, so if I do not write this book and if I keep arguing, you will God-Block all of my writing? Low blow God, really serious low blow!" 

"Oh, so are we calling it the ultimate sinner's guide to prayer? Because ... Truth in advertising!"

"Well, okay, I kind of like that title. It's All Good! I can work with that!"

This is a typical conversation on any given day between me and "the Boss". He tells me what to do and I attempt to convince him that it's just not a good idea. Then he God-Blocks me and I reconsider his proposals validity; remember that it's not my plan, it's his plan, and I roll with it. 

So, God wants me to write this book on prayer. How do I know this? Things got weird!

I rely on the generosity of others for support so my content can remain free for anyone who wants to hear this message.

https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=66821818

 

2