Holiday Chapter- Fancy Trees
317 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Holidays are usually few and far between on Granulous. There are only three major holidays in the entire twelve month, three hundred and sixty five day year. The first one that is mostly celebrated is Death Tidings, always on the last day of January. It is a day to celebrate the lives of those we have lost to time, violence, or any number of other things. It is not a sad day, as we know that the Creators hold their spirits for us.

The second holiday, Grows Day, is to celebrate the birth of every living and unliving being on the face of Granulous. It is a day where violence is strongly discouraged, but not forbidden. It is also customary to give gifts to those who you love and cherish.

The last holiday, System Day, is when most take time out of their day to plan their next Traits and the like. Work is strongly discouraged, but not forbidden if necessary.

-Extradimensional’s Guide to Major Holidays of Granulous, By @#($*** #*(*#^

 

*=====*

 

“Alright, what are you doing, Sa?” Kel’rk’ath asked. While the piece of mana-enhanced cloth could do nothing to stop his vision, he still played along with Sa’ar’kik. 

Sa’ar’kik giggled, “Oh you’ll see, Kel! Do you remember the promise you made?” she asked, “Well, if you forgot, which I’m sure you didn’t, you promised to let me celebrate the holidays!” 

Kel’rk’ath sighed, “Sa, it’s been a few days. Why?”

She giggled, “It’s Christmas somewhere.”

“The saying goes ‘it’s five-o-clock somewhere.’ Not-”

Sa’ar’kik bonked Kel’rk’ath on his head, “Semantics, Kel. Come on! We’re almost there!” Kel’rk’ath sighed as he was dragged along, the water making up his body begrudgingly going along with his lover’s tug. After a bit long, the blindfold was ripped from his face as Sa’ar’kik waved her arms around, “Look! I got a bunch of fancy trees!” Around them, a forest of trees, all decorated with ceramic ornaments, stood under the hazy blue sky of the rift. Above their heads, a massive island hung in the air, infested with a growing mix of flesh and bone. 

Ignoring the island, Kel’rk’ath looked around the forest and gave a small smile, “You definitely went overboard, Sa. Why Christmas, though? What about the other holidays?”

Sa’ar’kik shrugged, “Well, I wanted to try out this funny little holiday where the humans buy things for each other as a formality and you don’t know wether or not you came out ahead or behind,” she giggled, “Besides, it’s not like I can get you anything as a gift; we have almost anything we could ever want.”

Kel’rk’ath, looking at the forest of pine trees all blued by the rift, nodded lightly, “Fine, I guess we can spend an hour or so strolling around,” he said as he took her by the arm, walking forwards, “So, do you want to talk?”

“I do, Kel,” she said dreamily, kissing him, “When do you think we’ll have the opportunity to just barricade our main bodies in our quarters and just cuddle the decades away? Do you think… it’ll ever end?”

Kel’rk’ath frowned, returning Sa’ar’kik’s kiss with equal passion, “I do not know, Sa. Whether or not this ever ends, whether or not this war ends is entirely up to those who fight so fervently like En’gem’ia or my sister,” he lamented, “I still do not know what has gotten into her mind; before the Break, we were on good terms, but then she simply… vanished. Kel’vi’rt…”

Sa’ar’kik hugged him tightly, “One day, my love. We’ll find her and I’ll give her a piece of my mind until she calms down a bit. But… if I do that, then don’t blame me for taking her as my own,” she teased, tracing a finger along his jawbone. Kel’rk’ath barley spared her a glance, simply staring at the hazy fog that was almost chokingly thick to his sight. The fog only manifested a few hundred miles away from the one looking, appearing in different places depending on who was looking for it and where. Sa’ar’kik stepped in front of him, “Jeez, you always get defensive when I talk about your sister like that… What’s wrong, honey?”

Kel’rk’ath spared a final glance at the fog and returned his attention to his lover, “I am… reminiscing…” he said. Sa’ar’kik shook her head, hugging him once more and pulling him close to her, “She still blames herself, you know. She thinks that she was the one who killed her, who was the bridge too far. And yet she never blamed me, never thought I was equally at fault… Why?” he asked.

“I don’t know honey. If I knew Mother for anything, blind blame was not one of them. She loved all of us and wanted nothing but the best for us, even if it meant she burned her soul to create us… I loved her, I still do, but I won’t burn my soul like she did to have a child, Kel. I just can’t…” Sa’ar’kik said, her head buried in his chest.

Kel’rk’ath breathed out, smiling, “I am happy that you say that, Sa. It will come in time, do not fret. I-” a blue window, dominated by a red exclamation mark and heralded by a loud whine, appeared in front of them. Without a second thought, Sa’ar’kik opened it for them both to see. The screen shifted to footage of the sight of a wyrm on Granulous, digging through a stone wall. It was white stone with decorative markings written along the sides that looked unlike what a mortal mind could imagine. They did, however, know exactly who the structure belonged to, “Ei’vit’net… Why does he have a reliquary there, of all places?” Kel’rk’ath asked in bewilderment.

“I couldn’t tell you, Kel, but… wait, oh this’ll be good,” Sa’ar’kik giggled, pulling up a map of the local area. Their view shifted to their new favorite mortal, Mori Athanatos, as she rode through the desert followed by her squad of death knights, “Should we give her a boost to encourage her?”

Kel’rk’ath shook his head, “No, not yet,” he said, “She needs to prove herself capable of dealing with Ei’vit’net’s… odd tricks. We can reward her later.” 

Sa’ar’kik nodded sagely, “Yeah, you’re right. Besides, it’ll be a lot more interesting than letting her know ahead of time, after all!” she laughed, conjuring a couch and sitting, patting the place next to her. Kel’rk’ath smiled once more, sitting next to her and letting her lean against his chest.

4