Chapter 2. The birth of a vigilante
112 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(police officer point of view)

"and that is what happen. I'm sorry that I couldn't tell you any more but it all I know."

"don't worry. You have told me plenty. now go home your parent are worry sick about you."

Yes, she have given us useful information. Although we still don't know where the other missing teenager are. What we do know is that they gather them all to a church before splitting them off into group of six. Even though they not in the church anymore. But maybe we can find some sort of clue as to were they might have taken them.

"Thank you. Oh and by the way what happen to the girl that get us out of there."

"We are still looking but we haven't found anything. But don't worry about that we are doing everything in our power to find her."

Yes that girl who show up and save them. After the fire of the warehouse was down we immediately begin to search for her but found nothing. We would very much like to find her and question her about how she knew where they were or if she know anything about where the other are.

after she left I question the other girl and she basically said the same thing as the last one although she did said something about a guy with a dragon tatto on the left side of his face. There are a few people that match description and we just so happen to have a guy like that in our custody. He is being question right now.

Though circumstance in which we caught him and two other is weird. They were cover in ice and was pointing their point at the sky for some reason. Since they were criminal known for murders and kidnapping we decided to they them in after we melt the ice.

I want to go help Bob with his interrogation and see if he got anything out of the criminal. 

"Yo Bob did you get anything out of him."

"No the bastard still won't talk."

I look at the criminal and found that he has been beaten to a pulp. Normally I would yelled at him for doing this crap but since we haven't found the other and we just learn that they are being killed instead of being sold in human trafficking like we have previously thought. I decide to not waist any time worry about the rule and just let him beat the crap out of the guy until he talk.

"where are the others."

"I don't know maybe up your ass."

Bob slam his head on the table three times. huh he is being a lot more aggressive then he usually is. I suppose that makes sense since his daughter is one of the people missing. In fact most of the 30 missing teenager are children to police officer who isn't on the Satom gang pay. My sister included so I am a little more willing to let Bob continue his 'interrogation' if it lead us to them faster.

"Tell us where they are."

"You know he not gonna to stop until you talk."

"..."

He not saying anything now. This isn't good we going nowhere with this. Maybe if we offer him a deal he might talk.

"You know, kidnapping a serious crime and not to mention sacrificing them in your fuck up ritual. We talking years no decades in prison but if you tell where they are then we can maybe lessen that. So what do you say."

He flip me the bird and Bob just broke his middle finger. We are soooo gonna get in trouble for this. And other officer just came in.

"Bob and Gael, Jim just call you to meet him in his office."

Yep we are soooo in trouble. Maybe we get lucky and it isn't about this. Well there is only one way to find. Me and Bob went to Jim office.

"Before you punish us Jim just know that you don't have that many cop who isn't on the satom or scelestus gang pay check. So if you fired us you gonna have less ally."

"Yeah so it not a good idea to fired us."

I quickly back Bob up and I agree with him. Most of the cop here are either corrupt or incompetent fool so it wouldn't be good for Jim to fired the few good cop he have.

"Huh what are talking about. What did you do, forget it I deal with that later. I call you two here because we just got word that some of the kidnap might be in a old abandon warehouse just like the two girls. Now I want you two to go there and see if that true and if so call for back up. Now go."

""Yes sir.""

Me and Bob immediately went out and go to this warehouse. We went in my car and well I was starting up the car I notice that Bob is on edge.

"Are you worry about your daughter?"

"Yeah, it just that Madison is all that I have after her mother die. I don't know what I would do if anything happen to her. I just..."

"Yeah, I'm worry about my sister so I completely understand. You know what I bet that they probably at that warehouse and are ok."

"I hope so."

"I know they are. Now get this car going."

"Yeah."

I start the car, turn on the siren, and want full speed ahead. I am sure that Zariyah and Madison are ok.

 

(back to Roxie point of view)

where am I, I can barely see anything it all blurring. I appeared to be on a bed it very comfortable and it big enough for two people. How did I end up here. The last thing I remember is being save by a beautiful woman with silver hair and then passing out. I should figure out where I am but first I need to find my glasses.

"Oh you're awake that good, so how are you feeling."

"I good, so um do you know where my glasses are I can't see without them." I ask the voice I am all too familiar since she been bugging me in my head this whole day. I consider being rude to her but since did save my life I guess I could be nicer to her.

"Oh that they were broken so I fix them. Here you go."

I grab them and then put them on but it was still blurring no in fact it was even worst. What hell this isn't fix at all.

"What the hell did you do?"

"The lens was broken so I change it. Is there a problem."

"Yeah their a problem, they not even the right prescription."

"Huh does it matter what prescription they are?"

"Hell yeah it matter. It made my eyes site even worst."

"Then just gather mana in your eyes."

That is not the problem here, ok it is the problem but not the main one. You can't just change the lens of my glasses (even if it broken) and expect it to be okay. But since I can't see I just going to gather mana in my eyes but not because you told me. What you know it work I can see clearly now.

I then take off my glasses and notice something off about them.

What did you use for lenses anyway, wait is this, no you didn't use what I think you use.

"Did you use the bottom of a glass bottle for lenses?"

"Yes I did, pretty clever isn't it."

What the hell is wrong with you. How the fuck does using glass bottle for lenses register as a clever idea to you and now these glasses is ruin. Well I have spare but still don't you know how much these glass cost. Whatever that not important right now I still have questions that need answering.

"Where am I and how long has I been sleep?"

"You're in my apartment and you been sleep for about an 2 hour."

Two hour shit I'm gonna be late. Hope Alena mad at me for being late for our... wait that isn't important right now.

"What happen to the two other girls? Did they got out safety?"

"Oh them they got out safety but I am not sure how much they remember.

Oh so they got out safety that good if they didn't then that would have meant I risk my life for nothing. Though I'm not sure what you mean by how much they remember but yet again they were kidnap and held prisoner for three week by crazy cultist and to top it all of they saw their friend (I assume that they friends) got killed by a demon possessing the body of a friend that they thought was dead (though they wasn't wrong about that) in front of their eyes. Yeah all of that must have been very traumatizing I wouldn't blame them for having repressed memory about it. Well it the most important question out of the ways it time to ask her something that been bugging me this whole time.

"Who are you and how did you get in my head?"
"Huh I already told you who I am. I'm Camila and you're gonna be my apprentice from now on and as to how I get in your head that because I have a friend who specialize in that sort of thing. Oh the link between us is permanent by the way."

That was not exactly the answer I was hoping for. I was hoping you tell me how exactly you get in my head not that your friend did. Wait did she said that the link between us is permanent. Does that mean she be in my head forever. Hold up a minute here did she say something about being apprentice.

"Wait second here who said that I'm gonna be your apprentice. I never agree to that."
"I did and you did agree to it when you agree to the contract."

"Huh what are you talking about? Wasn't the contract that I have to help you for exchange for knowing a few spell, most of which I can't even use by the way."

"Yes that you have to help me by becoming my apprentice."

"Huh how does that make any sense?"

"Because it was a master and apprentice contrast that why."
What the fuck. Ok I may not know anything about anything contrast or even that much about magic (beside from what little information you give me that is) but still why the hell would you use that kind of contrast.

"Why would use that kind of contrast. Did it make giving me knowledge of magic easier or something."

"Nope I just did it so that you'd be my apprentice that all."

"What the hell, why do you even want me to be your apprentice?"
"That for me to know and for you to find out."

What the hell you want me to be your apprentice and you won't even tell me why. And why are you saying it like it already decided.

"Whatever not like I'm gonna be your apprentice anyways."

"But you are you can't go back on a contrast, well you can but it not gonna end well for you."

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh yeah that right, you don't know anything about magic and stuff. Which is one more reason why you need me as you master. OK now listen up when a witch or any other supernatural creature break a contrast of any kind they are immediately punish, mostly by death."

What the hell are you saying that I have to be your apprentice or else I die. 

"Um so do I have to call you master?"
"You don't have to call me master if you don't want to but if you do call me master I wouldn't be against it. So feel free to call master ok."
"Yeah I am not gonna call you master but I would like to know what you can teach me."
"Well since you're a dark magic user I can teach you absolutely nothing. I have given you all the dark magic spell that I know of but fear not because I am the most powerful and sexy witch in history. So you should be good."

You have got to be fucking kidding me so you telling me that you can't even teach me anything. What kind of master can't even teach their apprentice anything. And how the fuck does you being powerful help me at all if you can't even teach me anything and so what that you're sexy that not even important to teaching at all. Why would you being sexy be a good thing for me. And why do I even care it not like I accept her as my master or anything.

"Forget all this stuff about you being my master. What I really want to know is why you sent me to that warehouse. I almost fucking die in there."

"There is a lot of reason why I sent you there but the most important one is that I needed you to be in a situation that you accept my contrast and also so that you could save those girls but mostly the first one."

"..."

"..."

"So let me get this straight. You sent me to a warehouse full of crazy cultist, fight a demon, oh that demon burn my fucking face by the way, and you're telling me that you did all of that just so that I be in a situation to accept your stupid contrast."

"And to save those girls don't forget that. And I'm not the one who made you fight that demon, you did that all on your own, all I did was just give you a few spell that all and beside I heal your face so it all good."

"I ALMOST FUCKING DIE."

Yeah I almost died and so what if you heal my face. Having my face burnt still fucking hurt like hell. You know what fuck being nice to you so what if you saved my life. You almost get me kill and for what so that I be your apprentice well fuck that.

"Please, they were already planning to kill you. It just that they weren't going to send demons."

Wait, hold up, they were already planning to kill me but why. And they were planning to do it with normal means which if I think about it, it probably would have been far better then fighting that demon if I am being honestly but still.

"Why do they want me dead?"

"How the heck am I suppose to know. It not like they even knew you were a witch. I only knew about it by a friend of my and he only knew about that because he has some dealing with your mother and her family before."

Huh my family what do they have to with this. Wait she said that those crazy cultist didn't even knew that I was a witch (which even I didn't knew about) so that mean that they want to kill me for a different reason. But still now that she brought up my family I have to know.

"What do you know about my family."

I wasn't very interested in learning about my biological father but I was still very curious about the rest of my family. However when I ask mother about it she always said they scum and that I am better off not knowing about them. 

"Oh them, um yeah I don't know how to say it without it sounding offensive so I'm just gonna say. Your family are a bunch of magic elitist asshole that think they better then everyone because of their vast mana pool, they look down on anyone who doesn't have mana and treat witches that can't even use magic like your mother like shit, oh and don't even get me started with how they act toward any other supernatural creature that isn't a witch or warlock. Oh and they think that wizards and sorcerer are lesser then them because they have to use magic tool to perform spell."

Um ok I'm not sure how to react to that. If what she said was true then they sound like assholes. Yeah I can kinda understand why my mother never talks about them.

oh she still ranting, I should probably stop her ranting by asking her a question because if I don't I have a feeling that she will keep on ranting forever and I don't want to deal with that.

"Um I have question. Aren't wizards and sorcerer basically the same as witch and warlock?"

I am hoping that this question will stop her rant.

"Yeah but not exactly you see unlike any other supernatural creature that can use magic. Wizards and sorcerer are basically human that can use magic but only with the help of magic tool and they need to have a fundamental understanding of whatever elements they use. Unlike us witches that can use it without understanding it. Take for example if a witch or warlock want to use fire magic then all they have to do is say the spell name to use it unless they master the spell but that not important right now. The point is that a witch or warlock can just say the name and boom magic but a wizards or sorcerer can't do that. They first need to understand the scientific principle behind it or else the spell they use won't work."

Wow this is totally different from what I hear about wizards and sorcerer. Instead of being naturally gifted at magic like they are in book and games they are instead very weak at magic. They sound so much cool then I thought they were, they are basically normal human that can use magic with the help of magic tool and they have to work hard to even use a spell.

"Okay wizards and sorcerers sound way cooler then witches and warlocks. I wonder why anyone would think that they are lesser when they have to work hard to get to where they are."

"I know right but the sambre coven seem to think that if you're not born awesome then you're nothing."

"They sound like a bunch of idiot."

"Debatable but it is a fact that they are one of the most powerful coven in the would and as baffling as it is they are one of the most respected coven in the world. But enough about them let talk about you."

"Me?"

What about me. Up until now I didn't even know I have magic. What could probably be so special about me?

"Yes you, you see compare to other witches you're quite unique."

"Huh unique how?"

Yeah how am I unique is it because my mother was in this so-call sambre coven or something.

"You're unique in the fact that you can only use one magic attribute. You see witches and warlocks can use 4 or maybe even 5 attribute but you apparently can only use one and your mana pool a normal for a witch your age which is weird, normally when a witch or warlock have less then 4 attribute they are given extraordinary amount of mana as a way to make up for it or something and as to why it happen, who know I sure don't. But don't you worry about that because I am now your master and I plan to turn you into the ultimate witch. So it all good."

Ok all this stuff about magic is interesting and all but I'm getting way off topic.

"Ok that cool and all but I should let Jim know about the 30 missing teenager and the crazy cultist."

Yeah I can't be wasting time talking about magic (even though it is interesting and fun). I have to tell Jim everything I know about them.

"Oh are you worry about them well don't be because I have already let the cop know where they are and they should be on their ways to them as we speak."

Well that good because I have no idea how I was gonna explain why I was at that warehouse or how I fought a demon and survive... wait a second.

"Wait you did what, what if there a demon guarding them or something."

"huh you know I didn't thought of that. But don't worry summoning a demon is very hard to do so they can't just do it willy-nilly like that and even if they could would they really use a demon to guard them. Well they would use a fleshly summon one but you kill that demon so it should be good."

"But I didn't kill that demon. I ran away when it survive an explosion and sprouted wings."

"oh."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Yeah they're fucked."

This is bad, really really really bad. I barely survive fighting that thing and I have magic (although not a lot apparently) but these cop don't have any and did she say they can't just willy-nilly summon a demon without having made a deal with them first but that demon said something about a deal. You know I don't care about that deal. But still what am I gonna do about it, there is no way that I can win a fight with that demon and live. Wait what am I saying I don't have fight it. There just so happen to be a self proclaim powerful witch standing right in front of me right now.

"Why don't you fight it."

"Huh fight what exactly?"

"The demon of course."

"And why would I do?"

Yeah she have point it not like it her responsibility to stop that demon but still.

"If we don't stop that demon then a lot of people are gonna to die."

"I mean it is bad and all but I don't see why I have to do anything. And beside it not like I can go out there and fight it if I wanted to anyways."

"And why not?"

"Well you see I have this curse that if I use too much mana in one day I die and I have already use it to save you. So yeah I'm not gonna fight that demon."

Shit that means I can't just let her fight that demon though I have a feeling that she wouldn't fight this demon even if she wasn't curse. Well I guess I have no choice but to fight that demon on my own but before I do that I need information first.

"Ok I understand, but can you tell me everything you know about demon specifically their weakness. So that when I fight it I can have a better shot at winning."

"Why? You barely survive fighting a demon that was just summon to this world and now it probably fully heal and also at full power and can now use hell fire or blue flame if you're lucky. So why do you want to fight that demon which by now knows that you can only use dark magic by the way."

Wait wait wait, are you saying that demon wasn't even at full power when I fought it and that all the damaged I did is fully heal by now and do I even want to know how dangerous hell fire is well it have word hell in the name so I'm guessing it pretty dangerous. And to make it even worst it know my full capability and I just learn that it was nerf through out the fight. Yeah I don't see how I can win but still I'm gonna try.

"Because if I don't then who will. I know that I won't be able to win or survive for that matter but I can't just do nothing. Not if that mean people could die."

"Well that is a good reason and all but why do you even care so much for people you don't even know. Do you have some superhero fantasy or something?"

She have a point it not like I even know who these people are and even though I do think that superheroes are cool and all. I have no desire to become one. And that is not to mention that I might, no I will definitely die if I fight that demon and judging by what little I know of it personality it most likely going to be a slow and painful death. However...

"You want to know why? It quite simple really I don't want to live a life that I know I will regret. If I know someone is in trouble and I do nothing then I know I will regret that so I won't do nothing plain and simple really." I got up from the bed I was sitting on this entire conversation. Camila look arouse for some reason? Whatever if she not gonna to fight that demon then I will.

"That is a very nice reason and all but are you planning on going naked?" She pointed out.

Huh what does she mean naked?

Don't tell me this entire time I was talking to her that I was naked. No No No, there is no ways that possible I mean surely I would have know I was naked right? She must be joking right. Yeah that must be it, yeah I'm gonna to look down and see that I am fully clothes.

What the fuck I'm naked how the fuck did I not notice until now.

"WHY THE FUCK AM I NAKED." I ask her and she better have a good explanation for this.

"Well you see after you pass out it started rain heavily and it was a 30 minutes fly and by the time we we reach my apartment your cloths was soaking wet so I took them off."

OK that make sense I guess if it was rain and we were flying for 30 minutes then my cloths would obviously get wet and you probably took them off so I wouldn't get sick. However that doesn't explain one though.

"Ok then why didn't you give me new cloths? Did you not have any?"

"Oh that umm..."

"..."

"..."

"You did not thought of that did you."

"Well in my defense I didn't really see a problem with you being naked so I didn't thought to put some cloths on you."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"So um should I get you some cloths now?"

"Obviously."

She rush out of the room hopefully to get me some cloths.

I can not believe I was naked that entire time. Wait a second I slept on a bed of a very beautiful woman bed naked... wait why the fuck am I getting all work up about it. It not like we slept together or anything and beside even if we did it not like it would be my first time so why the fuck am I blushing.

"I'm back and since you decide to fight I figure that I give you some much needed protection. You know to increase your odd of survival."

I look at the cloth that she have on hand. Huh they look like regular cloths to me.

"Are they magic or something?" I ask well I was putting them on.

"Well one of them is."

"Oh which one?"

"That one actually." she point to the black trench coat that I was putting on. It have six button and is long enough to reach all the way down my feet. The outside look like it made out of gabardine cotton the inside seem to be made of leather. It is very comfortable actually.

"Ha ha ha, you want to know what it does don't you."

"Yes I would very much like to know what it does so can you tell me please."

The way she is talking made it sound like this trench coat has some awesome power or something. I am kind of excited to know what it does now that she is hyping it up.

"Ha ha ha excited now are we then allow me to tell. It is 100% water proof."

"..."

"..."

"You do know that I am going out to go fight a demon with FIRE magic right."

"..."

"..."

"Well you could use the shadow inside it to teleport."

"So what you're saying is that this trench coat (though it is very cool) is completely useless to me in a fight against that demon. Is there anything else I miss?"

"um you look good in that trench coat."

"..."

"..."

"Fuck it just tell me everything you know about demons so that I can you know not die."

I decided to not waist time being mad at her for getting me excited for nothing. It not like I knew she had magic protection cloth, it was just too bad it was for a different element is all.

"Ok here is everything you need to know about demon. Demon are from hell and are therefore able to use hell fire but there are a few that can't for reasons I won't go in detail for now though. What you need to know is that since they can use hell fire water won't work against it and if it hits you it won't stop burning ever. Oh and it also burns the soul too but since you can't use water magic it doesn't matter so you're good"

How am I good if I can't use water magic? Whatever it not like it would help against hell fire by the sound of it. And furthermore what do you mean that it burn the soul too. Are you saying that there a afterlife or something?

"However because hell fire is so powerful a normal human body can't handle it so it will burn out if the demon use it too much. So all you got to do is get the demon to use hell fire a lot so that the it will burn itself out."

Finally some useful information so all I gotta do is get it to burn itself out. Okay now the only problem is staying alive for that to happen but hey now I have some kind of plan.

"But that could take some time depending if the demon is an idiot and let itself be burned out by it own power."

Well there go that plan.

"So your best bet is to threw some holy water at it and hope that it enough. Oh are you christian by any chance?"

"um no I'm atheist."

"Then you're fuck because you have to be christian for holy water to work on a demon and you can't just start believing in god. It has to be pure and blind faith or else it won't work."

"Fuck."

"But luckily for you I know a priest and he own me a favor. So I'm going to call him to help"

Well that good I guess.

"So this priest can he use magic or something?"

"Nope he is completely human. Why do you ask."

"It simple really I need to know everything to make the best possible plan or else I'm gonna die which I would rather not do thank you very much."

Yeah I would rather not go into things half cock and die so I'm gonna need to know the strength and weakness of my enemy and ally.

"Fair enough. Anyways I can get the pries to help but that might not be enough. You see holy water can take the demon out of the body it possessing but the priest have to be the one do it or it won't work and the priest need to throw a lot of holy water and the amount depends on which type of demon it is which we don't know by the way. And since the pries can't use magic he won't be able to defend himself and I doubt that the demon is going to just let the pries splash it with holy water and we can't just exorcise it unless... Roxie I have a question was the body the demon was using dead or alive when it was possessed."

"Dead. Why do you ask."

Does the body being dead when it possess it mean anything then if so what?

"Fuck, I was hoping that it was possessing a alive body so that we can do a exorcism on it but if the body was dead when it possess it then it not gonna to work."

Yeah I have totally forget that exorcism was thing (though I only know about them in the movies) and can just exorcise it. But why does the body being die when it was possess mean that they can't exorcise it.

"Why not?"

"Well you see exorcism is basically just the exorcist trying to get the soul of the person being possess to fight back against the demon possessing it but if the soul have already left the body then it useless."

Yeah that would have been helpful if the person was alive when it was possess but since it dead that is not gonna be helpful at all or is it.

"Quick question does the demon always know whether or not that the body it possessing is alive or die?"

"Well that depends on how the demon was summon. If the demon was summon to this world by normal means like a crack in space and time and then find a human to possess then yes it would but if it was summon by a summoner and been given a human body by said summoner then the demon won't know or to be more accurate it won't care enough to know because a demon soul is well let just say intense to put it lightly. It so intense that the person soul will automatically go dormant upon possession be it human, witch, werewolf or any creature that have a soul. And the only ways the demon would know is if it decided to get exorcise or try to wake the dormant soul up which it won't do. Why do you ask?"

"And how long in the exorcise would the demon find out. Is it until the end or at the beginning."

"Until the end but the demon won't let that happen it will try to kill the priest before it happen and the priest or someone who believe in god have to it or it won't work."

"And does the priest have to say the exorcise in person or can they just record it and just let someone else play it in front of the demon?"

"Yes they can record it and let someone else play though I'm not sure how that work but what does it matter it won't work on that demon anyway."

"Yeah but the demon probably doesn't know that."

"Oh I see you're planning on tricking the demon into thinking that it being exorcise. You know that is pretty clever but I don't see how that would help."

"I'm working on that. Is there anything else about demon I should know about?"

"Nope that about it for now. But still all of that won't matter if you can't survive long enough for Dean to turn enough water into holy water and it take a lot of time to do and as you are now you won't last 3 minutes in a fight."

"How much time are we talking here?"

"Well about 30 minutes for a normal priest to turn 10 gallon of water into holy water but for Dean about 10 minutes."

"Then how long would it take Dean to a pool or a lake into holy water?"

Yeah this is very important.

"Um for a pool about an hour but for a lake yeah that is not happening any time soon so forget that. But still where are you going to find a pool that nobody uses and has clean water because the water has to be clean to turn into holy water faster."

"Just leave that part to me I have a plan"

"Oh so you have a plan then let hear it."

"I will tell you but first I need to know. Can I fly on a broomstick like you did when you save me and if so how long will it take to learn?"

"Yes you can but it take a lot of time to learn but since you and I have a psychic link I can just send you the information by using that link or at least I should be able to but there something odd about our link."

"Huh odd how."

"You see when two people who have a psychic link they can communicate to each other by there minds but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Instead I can only communicate you one ways but you can't communicate with me using that link well at least not yet. But what even more odd is that I can hear everything you say but I can't read your thoughts like I am supposed to but what is even worst is that the knowledge I give you when you agree to the contrast. You're only get about half of it and I can't give you more using that again. So you're gonna to have to learn to fly on a broomstick the old fashion way."

"Huh but how am I gonna to learn how to fly a broomstick fast."

"Well I guess you just have to learn on the fly."

Shit how am I going to deal with that demon if I can't fly and how am I going to lead it to that pool I was planning on using as a trap. Fuck it I still have Umbra Lanuae so I don't need to fly but it just would have been cool if I could.

"Whatever just call this Dean person and tell him to turn a pool into a holy water pool. Oh by the ways do you have my phone?"

"Yes it was dead so I charge it."

"Yes thank you, now all I gotta do is call and hope that nobody is using it."

I grab my phone and I was about to call the one person I can think of that would know if someone is using that pool right now when I suddenly remember something important 

"Oh do you know where that demon is?" I ask because all this planning would be for nothing if I can't find it.

"I have no idea but I don't think you have to worry about that. You see demons have this aura that is very easy for us witches to track so all you gotta do is head to where it is the most ominous and boom a demon."

What the fuck you're basically just saying go to where it the most ominous and hope that there a demon. What kind of advice is that don't you know how many ominous places there is in this city and how am I suppose to track down this aura. Sure I feel something off at the west but that is... wait this feeling it weaker but it the same feeling I got when I first met it.

"What is this why do I know where it is?"

"About time you notice I was beginning to wonder if you're spirit deaf or something. But apparently you have unconsciously turn off your spirit sense which explain why you haven't notice all the supernatural being in this city and I am not sure how you are concealing your presence but you are."

Huh what is she talking about, no that not important right now. I am now feel that same ominous presence but everywhere, no it similar but different what is this.

"That is spirit sense every supernatural being have it some stronger then other while others not so much. And we witches have a strong ties to demon because our ancestor apparently made a pact with them a long time ago but that not important right now. What is important is that you can track that demon down while it can't do the same to you. Your concealment is so good that if that demon was using spirit sense alone it wouldn't be able to find you even if you were standing 3 feet away from it."

That sound super useful so if I could somehow blind the demon it won't be able to find me using this spirit sense thing.

"Of course that assume you're able to blind that demon by plucking out it eyes or something. Which might work for about 10 minutes before it regenerate them."

10 minutes huh I could do a lot of damage in 10 minutes I just need to pluck it eyes out first. But that not important right now, yes there something that I need answering.

"That all well and good but why do I feel a presence similar to that demon in every direction."

"Oh that interesting so tell do you just feel a ominous presence or something else?"

"I do feel a ominous presence but that not all I feel. I also feel something savage and something that feel admirable somehow but there is also something else that I don't know how to describe."

"Huh you can feel all that even in this room?"

"What is this, why do I feel so many presence in this town no the entire city?"

"Wow your spirit sense must be really strong if you can sense the presence of every supernatural being in this city."

"Why is there so many?"

Yeah I can sense about a hundred or two and that is just the demons only. The others presence I can't even tell how must there are.

"I don't know. Gotopolis have always been the home to almost every kind of supernatural creature be it vampire, werewolf, witches, demon, or whatever else there is. Gotopolis is where most of them call home. Some of them live peaceful life while other not so much."

Did I just heard that right there are other supernatural creature and most of them live here in Gotopolis.

"How many supernatural creature are there?"

"Too many to count."

There are that many supernatural creature. Whatever I just focus on the one demon for now.

I heat toward the door but I was stop by Camila.

"Where do you think you're going."

"Um to where that demon is."

"Dress like that."

"Yes is there a problem."

"No actually but do you want them to know that you're a witch."

"I mean don't already know that I'm a witch by now."

Sure they didn't know I was a witch when they summon a demon (and neither did I for that matter) but by now they should know. I mean I freaking cover half of the building in darkness and survive a fucking demon. So yeah there is no way that they don't suspect that I'm a witch by now.

"Not quite only the demon know that you're a witch and if we're lucky that demon haven't fully submitted to there boss yet."

"Huh submit what are you talking about and what does that have to with them knowing I'm a witch or not."

"Well you see demon are by nature very hostile toward any living being so if a gang like the Satom summon a demon then that demon will turn on then or at least that what should have happen but for some reason every demon they summon are willing to work alongside them heck some of them are even willing to die for there boss and they not even controlling them with magic or have a contrast with them either. The demons are for whatever reason loyal to the Satom gang boss."

"Um ok that is disturbing and all but they were already planning to kill me before they even knew I was a witch so what does it matter if they know or not."

"Exactly they were planning to kill you not even knowing that you're a witch and you want them to know? Do you know what would happen if they knew. They would keep sending demons to kill you until you're well dead."

Jesus fucking christ, they want me dead that badly what did I ever do to them... wait I heard that guy say something about Jim so could it be that they want me dead to get back at him and if so what did Jim fucking do to them to make them go to just extreme to get back at him. Well knowing Jim he probably just arrested half or third of their members and they want him to stop so they are hoping that killing me will do that. Yeah like that will ever work.

"Okay so what you're saying is wear a mask or something."

"That exactly what I'm saying and I just so happen to have a mask."

She rush somewhere and came back with a black lace eyes mask and black witch hat. Is it just me or does everything she own is black?

"This mask is magically imbued to hide the identity of whoever wear it."

"Okay I get the mask but what about the witch hat."

"Huh isn't it obvious you're a witch so therefore you must wear a witch hat."

"Fair enough."

I put on the mask and begin to head out but not before I say something.

"Oh by the way thank you for helping me."

"It no problem and beside if I didn't you probability die and I can't have that. Plus I can't stop you from going because you know Umbra Lanuae so the next best thing I can do is increase your odds of survival."

Um ok I am still not sure why you want me alive but since you're helping me I'm not going ask question for now at least.

I start to head out and hopefully not die trying to fight a demon while also leading it toward a trap which will take an hour to finish. Yeah what could possibility go wrong.

3