Being A Light Keeper
26 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was born as the second son of a prestige family, and I always know that my family doesn't have any affection for me. All I've known since I was a kid was as long as I give them results they will be proud of me or maybe they'll praise me. But, when I was about to graduate none of them came to my graduation only the maids of the house were there for me. Every time I sat on the dining table all I hear from my parents was their blabbering about my brother and my sister and how great they were. Wherein in reality my brother was an alcoholic and a gambler and my sister was a spoiled brat who keeps demanding like some sort of princess.

"You know Clyde you should be like your brother , look at him he always bring perfect results  we can say that he is our pride and joy and look at you, your already in high school we didn't even hear a single achievement from you. Do you know how expensive your tuition is? You should stop fooling around and bring us results your sister is much better than you even though she's so young, she was always recognized by everyone unlike you." My Father said.

"Being like my brother huh? Yeah an alcoholic and a gambler a guy that only has his looks. A great sister huh what's so great about being an ill-mannered brat. She might be recognized but was she respected? hahahahaha what a joke" I replied.

'Smacks the table' "What are you talking abou-" My Father replied.

"And you start talking about my achievements? achievements huh, the question there is where were you when I was being recognized" I interrupted.

"Clyde stop your being disrespectful to your father right now" My Mother interrupted.

"You know what? I already know that you people doesn't even give a fuck about me. Being your son is a disgrace" I replied.

For some reason I was feeling satisfied that I was able to tell them those words. 

I was looking at my father's face who's getting angrier and angrier

"You're the only disgrace in this household, get out of this house!! And starting today you're no longer a part of this family I don't want to see you're face from now on get out!!" My father replied.

"Finally you said those words I am sick of living in this place" I said as I was walking away from the table.

I decided to go to my room to pack my stuff then my little brother knocked on my door crying. Ria was the 4th one in the family, he was the only one in the family who I am closed with.

"Brot-*sniff,sniff* Brother are you really leaving? *sniff,sniff* please don't go brother i'll be lonely if you're not here" Ria said.

I feel bad for Ria but this is what I decided, I don't want to drag him into this mess.

"I'm sorry Ria, but I already decided to leave don't worry i'm sure you'll be alright here" I replied.

*Ria starts clining to me* " If brother leaves I'll be lonely brother *sniff**sniff* Waaaaa!!"

I decided to hug Ria to comfort him.

I already finished packing as I was about to depart I encountered my Mother who were right outside the door. My relationship with my mother is not that great but it doesn't change the fact that I was in her womb for 9 months.

"Are you really leaving? You know that you can stay if you ask for forgiveness to your father right I can also persuade him for you" My mother said.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked.

"Because you are my son" she said.

"I won't change my mind mom i'm sorry" I said.

"Looks like it here take this. Just remember that you can comeback anytime you want okay, and i'm sorry, I should've been a better mother"  She said.

My mother handed me a bag full of money. I can feel how sincere she was on how she apologized. But I already prepared myself for this.

As I was about to go out I saw my father smoking near the fireplace. Our eyes met for a moment but I didn't mind it I just continued walking towards the door to go out. Before I walked out the estate I turned around to take a one more look on the house and started walking out.

I decided to head towards the town to see what can I do from there. 

I finally reached the town after a few minutes of walking I decided to take a seat near the fountain at the town square. As I sat I look at the clock tower and it was about to hit 6 in the evening. 

'Since I was basically homeless now maybe I should look for a job'

After I thought of that I got up to go look for jobs that might suit me and something caught my mind.

'Hmm Light Keeper huh it's quite far but this might be interesting'

So I decided to choose the light keeper job. After that I ate dinner in a diner and headed straight to the train station to board. 

'From here to there it would take about a 9 hour long ride I could use some sleep on the way there. What kind of fate awaits me there is up to me, let's not think about it too much.'

All that's on my mind is to face it head on.

-Chapter 1 end...

4