Chapter 01
780 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

# Severus Snape's Pov #

How good would the world be without James Potter? I despise him, arrogant, useless, and with so many sycophants.

Since his debut in Quidditch, his fan base is almost surreal. But the boy no matter how generous the world is to him, his greatest joy is making sure he is making my life hell.

Of course, I never fail to pay back, one thing I've learned is not to lower my head to anyone.

"I was so worried about you, Sev"- Red-haired girl

"Lily" I settle on the bed before continuing:

"Those idiots won't leave me alone and that arrogant Potter, grrr!"

When Potter's name is mentioned, I notice a brief strange light in Lily's eyes.

"I can't stand that toerag either" Lily's face flushed with indignation "but come on, Sev. Was it really necessary to use dark magic? Last week you left three of them hospitalized for two days."

Dark magic, a fascinating subject and overlooked by many. With the newly formed 'Marauders' union, I was always outnumbered and I'm not a Gryffindor idiot to think I'd win against all four.

I breathe calmly before exploding with rage.

"WHAT DID YOU WANT? Look where I am. Almost every week they send me to the infirmary with their 'pranks' and always fight with the numerical advantage"

Raising an eyebrow Lily said "That's no excuse, have you looked at your companions? And getting deeper into dark magic. The rumors of you becoming a Death Eater are blatant."

I huff "You wouldn't understand, you're a Gryffindor!"

"Gry...Gryffindor? I thought our friendship was bigger than this silly house rivalry" indignant Lily replied.

"Oh Lily, I'm sorry. Well... I meant it's hard to understand how Slytherin's internal rules work."

Silence reigned briefly between them.

"Sigh, I just wish you were more open with me Sev. You're my best friend... But sometimes you're so hard to understand" - Lily

Lily is the most important person to me, my one and only friend. Ever since I laid eyes on her for the first time I felt the connection right away.

But of course, she would never understand me... The golden girl, full of friends and popular. Parents who love her and are always there to support her.

Her life is full of butterflies and flowers, but mine is a true horror tale.

"Well...er...I'm going back to class, Professor Sprout asked me to help her with the poisonous tentacles this afternoon. See you around Sev" dismissed Lily with distracted eyes.

# 3rd person POV #

After being left alone in the infirmary, Severus looked down with dark thoughts.

He knew that his relationship with Lily had subtly distanced in the past few months, they were no longer glued to each other like in 1 year.

Was it selfish to have her all to himself? Certainly. But the feeling of losing the only thing of value in his life was hopeless.

He had a strong feeling that Potter had some crush on Lily, his pursuit was too unrealistic to be just a house dispute.

"Sounds like that arrogant idiot will have, Lily" Severus muttered to himself.

' But what about Lily? What does she think of Potter?' he thought bitterly.

Although Severus wanted to think that Lily would never respond, it would have been foolish of him not to notice her stray glances at Potter.

But what annoyed him most was when she laughed at his annoying jokes. That smile that was her saving grace seemed not meant for him.

After all, with his hooked nose and the worn garments of his poverty. Who would want him? Much better the popular rich kid.

"Life seems to me so unfair, so bad, and I have a feeling that things are only going to get worse," Severus said with a snort as a tear threatened to come out of his eyes.

'Luck'

That word shot through his mind leaving him with wide eyes. Instead of your routine self-deprecation.

He remembered a scattered book he found in his mother's things.

The Prince family has been known for generations for their talented potions masters and their talent is living confirmation of this story.

That book looked very worn and carried many incomplete recipes with dubious results.

But one recipe that caught his attention was one that looked quite similar to the iconic Felix Felicis.

Unlike regular Felix Felicis, this one felt more like a magical ritual than the creation of a simple potion.

Of course, Felix Felicis will never be easy to manufacture. For all his talent, he doubted he was prepared, but this potion described in the book seemed to be on a whole new level.

With determination, he got out of bed and fled the infirmary. Madam Pomfrey was nowhere to be seen and he couldn't keep his newfound excitement away.

Dodging all eyes as he passed the hallways, he headed towards the Slytherin's icy dungeons.

Sometimes he wondered what had gone through Salazar's mind to create the Slytherin dorms under a lake.

Durhh, this is Scotland. Cold as hell and the 'smart' has an idea like that. Such a thought would be silly to verbalize around your housemates.

Everyone here seemed to want to lick Salazar's cold asses. Severus gave a slight smile at the fleeting thought.

Entering his dorm he rummaged through his suitcase and there was his new obsession. Where this path would take him he didn't know.

But with so much shit going on in his life he didn't care.

7