Chapter 04
509 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

#Severus's Pov#

Two weeks passed with relative ease. He missed Lily, being able to run with her across the fields and hold her silky hands.

Holding the letter in his hands he sighed. She hasn't forgotten about him, even in the comfort of her family. Lily gladly congratulated him, even his mother or her supposed Slytherin 'friends' forgot about him.

Friendship within the Slytherin was always involved with interests and generally, they always approached him intending to help his academic interests.

After all, how convenient is it to take advantage of the nerdy and all-knowing Slytherin student? He took great pride in his efforts to try to be the best and part of him enjoyed it when they needed his 'help'.

It made him feel important…needed.

The students had already returned to classes, the precious time of a silent Hogwarts and no marauders group was over.

His only comfort was Lily.

Entering the potions room, he spotted Lily already straightening the materials and when she spotted him she smiled contentedly.

He wanted to smile back, he really wanted to… If it wasn't for his yellow smiles and crooked teeth. With a slight effort, he returned a shy smile, taking extra care not to show his teeth.

"Sev, where have you been?? I saved your seat come quickly" Lily said patting the bench beside her.

They are paired in potions class, another fact to make him love this class even more. All this except for...

"Snivillus, how displeased to see you, I thought you'd be running and hiding to this day" Potter smiled and said.

Sirius couldn't help but blurted out "The coward is really hilarious" while wiping a tear continued "everyone saw how scared he is haha"

"Very funny, Black. I thought the school had already expelled you, a being as useless and stupid as you. *Snorted* learning to spell your own name would be a profit" - Severus

Turning to James he continued.

"As for you, Potter! I'm not afraid of any of you cocky bastards," Severus finished, ignoring them both.

With Professor Slughorn now in the room, the marauders could not continue the teasing.

With the students in position, the class began.

"Sev, grab the pouches of ingredients from the top of the shelf for me, I can't reach!" said Lily.

When Severus took it and opened the bag designated for his partner. Something unfortunate happened, he should have expected it to be asking too much of Potter to be a decent thing.

A stink bomb exploded in his face and everyone in the classroom laughed at his misfortune.

Slughorn snapped at the disorder "Silence, who played this prank? It was you again, wasn't it Mr.Potter and Black? 10 points will be deducted from your house for this insolence."

Not worrying about losing points Potter smiled and said "That's so unfair teacher, Snivillus doesn't bathe and we're to blame"

Sirius laughing as if he came twice said "It's true teacher, he stinks!"

"Very funny gentlemen, 10 more points will be deducted from each and you have bought detentions with Mr. filch for two weeks." - Slughorn said.

After the class period and already inside your dorm. Severus was trying to find a way to sneak out of the dorms.

Luckily none of his supposed 'friends' were on his tail. As a rule, they tend to bother you when exam periods are close.

 

Approaching the room on the 4th floor, Severus thanked for the first time due to the pranks of the two marauders.

Truth be told, they were too nosy in his life and the risk of discovering this potion is high. With them now serving detention it is indeed a blessing in disguise, perhaps it will keep them busy enough.

Each passing day seemed like an eternity for Severus, the anxiety of being caught or not being able to arrive at the correct time to put the 3 drops of blood is agonizing.

Every day he managed was like a victory for his conscience.

And here he was, the last day. In front of the cauldron, the last drop of blood fell with a dry crack. Severus with an anxious look watches the potion.

One second, two, three passed...

"Was that it?? Well... Kind of anticlimactic" he mumbled to himself

Putting a single dose into a vial, he looked with pride at his new creation.

All those ingredients and yielded only a single dosage. Looking at the alluring golden liquid he wondered.

"I must?"

To be realistic, it all started from your bizarre adventure of chasing something that would only be a recipe for disaster.

"Is Potter's idiocy contagious?" he asked himself shuddering.

His heart seemed to want to leap out of his chest, moments of indecision in his mind haunted him.

Until he remembered all the humiliations he had gone through at everyone's hands. He remembered his horrible, abusive parents. Of all the laughs people had about his condition.

With a quick movement, he brought the potion to his lips and swallowed.

For the first few minutes, he felt nothing different. The seconds seemed to go on for hours in his mind.

Until he felt a pain in his chest and a slight burning sensation in his body. That wasn't right. He has never heard of Felix Felicis with these symptoms.

"Damn," he said grabbing a hand to his chest and running down the hall towards the infirmary.

"Damn, dammit this isn't right." Desperate Severus staggered for help. A tear threatened to run down his face for being right once more.

His life was shit.

Without protection, he fell to the cold, unconscious floor, the dark and silent corridor his only companion that night. What does fate have for Severus?

5