Chapter 06
471 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hogwarts Library January 1973

#Pov Severus Snape#

On a Friday afternoon, a young man with shy and solitary gestures was straightening his messy materials on his desk.

After a few days of adapting the potion, Severus understood the basics of his new abilities.

In addition to the obvious confidence gained, he was given an interesting set of skills.

The potion that seems to have permanent effects surpassed all his expectations. Permanent potions although rare they usually had minimal effects.

 As an aesthetic improve or slight body enhancement. Nothing significant, of course, but still a improve.

His first skill was small precognition of the future and pertinent events around him. In a previous marauders prank...

Severus clearly remembers his skill more than welcome.

Start of Flashback

Sitting at his desk in defense against the dark arts class.

James and Sirius were preparing yet another of their pranks. An enchanted paper plane and destiny to find the back of an unsuspecting Severus.

 That looked like an easy target...

But something extraordinary happened, all three attempts during the class were frustrated by Severus' quick finite incantatem and all of that non-verbal.

They were amazed because the most incredible thing about the situation is that Severus never looked back. they wondered.

Did he happen to develop eyes on the back of his head?

James quickly thought 'It must be some greasy idiot's dark art. All the more reason for me to make Evans see the truth.'

End of Flashback

The second skill was clairvoyance related to the most focused subject of your mind.

For example, if he strongly desires to find a toilet. A vague feeling guides you until you find what you want. Something very useful and could be used a lot.

With slow steps and a straight posture he walks.

Your new confidence, however welcome. Works like a double-edged sword. He couldn't be a silly Gryffindor who jumps at every opportunity for danger just because he has 'confidence' that everything will work out.

Just the thought of looking like a Gryffindor makes him shiver.

'I need to put all my thoughts in order...' thought Severus as he walked. 'I need power, money, and allies. I want to dictate my own destiny and for that, I must play my cards well'.

All he needs for now is time, his remaining 5 1/2 years at Hogwarts though that feels like a long time. But in fact, it's a race that pressures him like never before.

Now that everything seems clearer to him, one fact that stuck in his mind was that he no longer wanted to serve the dark lord.

After all, how silly of him would he be to want to serve a master who pursued his future girlfriend's origins? Yes, he would win Lily over, never had he been so optimistic about it.

Now it was necessary to know how to acquire power so fast, in the wizarding world knowledge is power. Voldemort acquired his knowledge over many years.

No one knew his true origins, but rumors said he has a few decades of age behind him.

Dumbledore, complicated is the feeling Severus had for this famous wizard. He really respects him, his magical abilities are undisputed.

But with every passing time, he realizes that the old wizard is too much for his dear Gryffindor students. Especially a well-known group of troublemakers.

Voldemort and Dumbledore, two key pieces on the great board of life. That's the impact of how powerful these supposed 'human' beings have become.

Real monsters.

[ Author's Note: Hi guys, I'm glad to write this story. I always found the end of Severus a bit cruel and decided to create this alternate reality for him. Of course, he's still going to run into difficulties on his way, but I hope you're enjoying it. Comment and leave your feedback, I will be very grateful for that!]

4