Chapter 20
380 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hogwarts Stairs, September 12, 1973.

On the fourth floor, down the stairs towards the main lobby. Severus senses something in his mind, clairvoyance guides him to a third-floor corridor. Peeking through the side of a pillar, he sees the Marauders arguing while looking at a scroll.

Strange.

After the humiliation that Potter had gone through, Severus had thought of being pursued at the first opportunity presented. But they didn't act as expected.

Not that he complains, of course! But this smacked of something wrong.

It was curious to see them so focused on that. Severus knew that his clairvoyance hadn't just led him there by chance, something was going on and he didn't know what. The only things he could hear from that distance were incomprehensible noises and that was frustrating.

Looking at his right leg, Severus sees an unknown cat looking at him with bright green eyes.

Only one thing crossed his mind:

'He wouldn't dare...'

Meow!

Having heard the meow, the marauders look towards Severus, but the agile Slytherin hides in time. Realizing that there was no one, they went back to discussing before leaving the place.

A sigh of relief escapes Severus' lips. He couldn't get caught as it would have made them much more cautious in his secrecy.

Looking around for the cat Severus says: "Where's that bastard?"

And unfortunately, he doesn't find it.

 Deciding it's useless to insist, Severus shakes his head and goes back to thinking about the discoveries.

Nothing good would come out of the Marauders, the young Slytherin was sure of that and an investigation would therefore be necessary. They are plotting and this may have something to do with Severus. Deciding to forget about it, he leaves the place and heads towards the main hall.

After a good meal and some periods of study in the library. The time to meet Lily at the Lake had arrived, Severus didn't know what to make of this situation, but at least he would give it a chance.

...

It was a beautiful, sunny afternoon, a slightly cool but still comforting breeze permeates. The young Lycanthrope walked toward the lake with moderate steps.

Remus didn't know what to expect from this meeting. Severus had been a victim of marauders for a long time and his animosity between them is well known. Lily had said that he had matured and that things would be all right, but he couldn't help but think that everything could go wrong.

Make no mistake, he wouldn't lower his head to Severus. Although he felt guilty about the Marauders' pursuits and wasn't part of it anymore... Severus always had an arrogant air and that didn't make a good impression on Remus.

Arriving near the rendezvous point, Remus managed to spot Lily and Severus from afar. They were talking to each other until they saw the arrival of the young Lycanthrope.

"Remus, I'm glad you came," said a smiling Lily who pointed at Severus saying, "Although you already know each other, let's pretend this is the first time. I assure you, Remus, Sev is an amazing person."

Unashamed of Lily's compliment, in a serious tone Severus said: "So you and Lily are friends, huh? I don't know if, after all the marauders' history, I'd say it's a pleasure to meet you" said Severus before adding with a smile: "But I can try this for Lily."

So easy? What was happening?

Remus had imagined several possible scenes that could happen, but there had never been the possibility of Severus accepting things so easily.

Remus comments looking at the Gryffindor girl: "Lily and I are good friends and pair up in herbology. I'm...a total disaster when it comes to plants and luckily she's there to save me" after explaining, he glares at us Severus' eyes and comments: "She keeps telling me about you and how different you are than most people think... Maybe I should apologize for all the bullshit I've caused you, even if not directly. I hope we can get along well."

'Maybe'? thought Severus...

Severus doesn't mind the boy's apology, although his animosity towards Remus was less... It wouldn't be easy to forgive him! Severus doesn't even know if this is possible, but for now, he would have fun at the expense of little pranks. Severus wouldn't do anything as extreme as the Marauders, but he felt compelled to reciprocate even a little.

"Of course, forget about that! Let's talk about other matters." Severus says.

"Yay, I'm glad you guys understand each other. Let's get off this boring subject…" said a tomboy Lily who picked up a rock and continued: "Let's see who can throw this farther into the lake? I bet I can beat it at you two," said Lily teasingly.

"I'll go first then and you can settle for second place," Severus said teasingly.

The dispute was lively, after several rounds, the winner was decided between them. Severus' physical exercises paid off, he had a much superior physique than skinny Remus and that's why he was the winner. Interestingly, although Lily was the thinnest of the group, she had beaten Remus.

Although Lily is shy about romance because she's inexperienced... Underneath all that layer of shyness is a fearless force. She is not a delicate flower but a strong and fierce lioness.

That playful moment Severus could admit that it wasn't so bad...

Remus had a tolerable personality, observant, and not very talkative. He seemed to have some issues with self-esteem, as his mannerism and slumped shoulders give away. A person's posture can say a lot about their personality and Severus can see a lot of his former self in Remus.

He still doesn't trust Lycanthrope, but watch him for now. Especially now that the Marauders seem to be up to something, caution will have to be even greater.

6