Chapter 26
373 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gryffindor male dormitory, October 5, 1973.

The first week of October has arrived, classes are passing quickly and the students are tired of so much homework done by the teachers. That's why moments of rest like now are almost sacred to them.

In the Gryffindor dormitories, students sleep peacefully. there was still 1 hour to the dawn of the sun and everything is silent.

*BOOM*

"Coof, coof. Merlin, what the hell is going on?" Says a breathless student who goes out into the hallway.

A commotion started in the hallways.

"Ughh, some idiot put stink bombs in the dorms." Another Gryffindor says angrily.

"Coof, But how? Other houses can't enter here, fat lady wouldn't allow it," asks a 4th grade boy.

"Here, I found this in my room." Said an 'A' boy while showing a sign reading: 'Snake lover, you stink like Snivillus!'

"Mine too, my floor is littered with snake-lover writing paper," said a 'B' boy.

"It's those damned Marauders," says a fifth grader.

After James' defeat in DADA, at least 1/3 of the Gryffindors had laughed at his nickname. The Slytherins had been joking around with James in the hallways, but none of the Gryffindors joined in, a few snickers at best.

Something in common had among those who had their rooms attacked by the stink bombs... They all laughed at the marauder. James had already been acting distant and indifferent to many of them. He made it clear that he was angry, so it was logical to associate it with revenge.

Enraged, a sizable group of students marches to the front of the Marauders' room. It felt like an inquisition or a medieval witch hunt.

"Those bastards, when I get them..." Says a small boy as he marches, he was asleep before and got scared with the bombs. Furious would be an understatement now.

In front of the small crowd, a 4th grader and a 5th grader were going to knock on the door. The moment they approached, they both slipped on the floor.

The floor was all slippery with a substance. Angry at falling for yet another of their cutesy, the two Gryffindors get up and use a cleaning spell on the floor.

*knock on the door*

"Show up, cowards!" roared the 4th year Gryffindor.

James, who had noticed the commotion outside the room, wakes the other Marauders and then heads towards the door. Opening the door...

"What are..." Before he could finish his question, James was shot by a jinx.

Slugulus Eructo.

*Blargh*, James bends over and vomits a slug onto the ground. He wondered, what had happened?

"Prongs," a worried voice sounded as he ran towards James.

"Do you find yourselves funny?" asked the 5th year student. "Take this, Embolotus"

Sirius, who was running towards James, tripped because of the jinx that tied his shoes. The two Marauders fell to the ground with their faces turned to each other.

The short student who had been startled didn't forgive, even with the two Marauders on the ground he sent another hex. And it hit Sirius...

Mictoris.

Stunned, James still didn't understand all this was going on. He was lying on the floor, with Sirius on top of him. He suddenly starts feeling warm liquid on his thigh and belly. What the fuck was that? Sirius was pissing on him.

James went to complain to Sirius and all that came was...

*Blargh*

"Wait prongs. NO!" Sirius didn't have time to fix himself and get off. He gets vomit in the face along with a slug. The gummy substance from the vomit stuck to her face and hair.

*camera flash*

The crowd seeing that comical scene burst into laughter.

"In the name of Merlin, what's going on here at this hour?" The crowd opens up space and leaves Prof. McGonagall pass.

James and Sirius got up from the ground. The state of their robes and the urine imprint on both generate an involuntary laugh from the crowd that is quickly silenced by McGonagall's gaze.

McGonagall inquiry, "Can anyone tell me why, Mr. Potter and Mr. Black

are in these conditions?"

"Professor McGonagall." Remus said he had just left the room.

"Mr. Lupin, can you clarify the facts for me?" McGonagall asks.

"Er…I don't know, I just woke up and the next thing I saw was James and Sirius on the floor," explained Remus.

"*Blargh* Professor, I was cowardly attacked. I heard noise in the…" Before finishing James was interrupted.

"Professor McGonagall, the rascals who started this all." He points out a 4th year Gryffindor. "They put stink bombs in the dorms and made two students slip and fall to the floor."

"Teacher, they make fun of us and call us 'snake lover'" says Gryffindor 'A' angrily.

Turning towards James, McGonagall asked, "Is this true, Mr. Potter??"

Opening his mouth, James vomited again and then replied, "Prof. McGonagall, I swear! We have nothing to do with this! We were sleeping, they came and attacked us unjustly."

The students started arguing again over James' denial. The crowd didn't seem to believe his speech, any involvement with another house was denied, as it was almost impossible for them to drain in the dorms.

"Silence, I'm very disappointed in all of you. Regardless of who is guilty of these pranks, the correct attitude would be to contact me, the teacher in charge of the house." Looking around, Minerva into each one's eyes and says, "Although I don't like it, I'm afraid I'll be forced to take 50 points from Gryffindor for what happened."

Leaving no time for them to question, she continues.

"The purpose of each house is to provide unity and cooperation among the members. You today do not honor the purpose of being in the same 'family'." Looking at James, McGonagall says, "And as for you, Mr. Potter. You must understand that it's hard to believe you're innocent, given the background of the marauders and their pranks," says McGonagall before being interrupted.

"But Professor, I swear we didn't do that! They set us up…" James said desperately.

"Silence, an investigation will be done later, we'll ask the fat lady if she let someone strange in yesterday. But until the last minute... You marauders must serve Hagrid's detention for at least 3 weeks," concludes McGonagall.

"Teacher, it's not fair!" Sirius said.

"I have my Quidditch practice, Prof. McGonagall. The first official match starts next month and I need to rest in my free time," said James dramatic.

"You will have to serve your detentions regardless, Mr. Potter. You had to think about that before you decided to play your pranks," said Minerva. "You will be able to participate in Quidditch practice, but during free periods you will have to help Hagrid."

All the marauders were dismayed to hear this, the saddest thing about the situation is that they weren't even to blame.

Someone set them up.

6