Chapter 33
366 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Small snowflakes fall along with a cool, gentle breeze on a late afternoon. Unlike the serene weather conditions, a small commotion occurs among the wizards of Hogsmeade. Store owners close their doors, visitors and students begin to leave. Fortunately, this entire evacuation process took place in a controlled manner.

"Merlin, what took you guys so long?" Mary asks, worried.

Seeing the movement of people in the village and Mary's worried tone, Lily asked, "What happened?"

"Let's get going! On the way, we'll explain," Mary says.

At a controlled pace they head towards the Hogsmeade Post Office. Lily turns her head towards them and asks, "So?"

"We're not sure," explained Steve before continuing: "We just heard from a student that Professor McGonagall asks everyone to immediately head to the meeting place."

"I hope it's nothing serious," muttered Lily under her breath.

In a short time, they reach their destination...

Scattered conversations from a crowd of students. A sixth-year Gryffindor brags to the crowd: "Dark wizards? Laughable, I would have put him in Azkaban long ago."

"I heard they were planning to invade Hogsmeade," commented an unnamed Ravenclaw.

"They were You-Know-Who henchmen, I saw them myself with my eyes," lied the sixth-year Gryffindor.

"And how did you get that? You'd be dead if you had seen them," asks the Ravenclaw.

Being caught off guard in his lie, the Gryffindor fumbles explaining himself. The truth is that no one knew exactly what had happened and only guesses were circulating.

Interrupting the side conversations, Minerva says loudly for everyone to hear, "Students please be quiet! Now that I've checked that everyone is here --- we have to get back to Hogwarts right away."

In silence, they listen to what the teacher had to say.

"A group of Auror is chasing a dark wizard and the fugitive hides in the forbidden forest. There is no time for arguments, the tour is over and everyone follows me back to the castle!" Warns Minerva.

Reluctantly, the crowd follows Minerva as requested. Although he had no confirmation that this event had anything to do with Voldemort, the sense of urgency to get stronger came to Severus' mind. Cases of attacks on Muggle families and the emergence of dark wizards were increasingly common. Times are changing and a hint of conflict emerges. Severus would not enter into open warfare against Voldemort anytime soon, if possible he would hide behind the scenes and wait for the right moment.

No doubt power is needed to prepare for the unforeseen. After all, even his clairvoyance could not give omniscience, at best hints of the right moves and help in recognizing dangers. If Severus is cornered and has no way to retreat... He will need raw power.

As he walked, Severus looked at Lily sideways and made up his mind. He wouldn't let any harm come to her, not even those around her. Before taking Super Felix Felicis, even though Lily was already his friend, Severus felt lonely.

But not now!

He remembers the taste of her lips, her smiles, and every moment they spent together. Severus would not stray from the path of seeking power, she would be his guide. For Lily!

...

Slytherin common room, 13th October 1973.

Late at night, a group of students gathers. The two youngest are Avery and Mulciber from the third year who hear a sixth year speech.

"Lucius is disappointed with the performance shown by you guys," comments Yaxlex, a sixth year. 

With a sneer, Mulciber says, "What's wrong? You're Lucius' loyal dog now?"

"Careful half-Blood, even if your father is one of our master's followers, you're just an inferior," warns Yaxley with venom. "I don't care about Lucius' demands! I just care about serving our cause well."

Mulciber is furious, the boy is about to attack when he is stopped by his friend Avery and then calms down.

Avery looks at his veteran in a neutral tone and asks, "So tell us what Lucius wants this time."

"He got tired of your lack of effort in trying to convince the potions brat," said Yaxley before continuing: "I also don't quite understand his obsession with recruiting him, but Lucius is not an idiot and if he sees so much in that humble half-blood --- There must be some profit in it."

Even with this request from Lucius, Yaxley still sees Severus only as a humble half-blood, a useful piece and that's it. Even with Lucius leaving Hogwarts, the ambitious Slytherin still had many eyes and ears in the castle that served him. Rumors that Severus was close to Muggleborns and that Avery and Mulciber had not actively tried to recruit him had come to his attention. So on the last Hogsmeade tour, Yaxley had been tasked with streamlining the task.

"We gave him our warning last month, we were about to sort it out," Mulciber defends with a frown.

"Oh? And what would that be?" Yaxley question

Avery in her cool tone says, "You must know of your attachment to that Mudblood, just a scare and he'd see the reason."

Pulling from his memory, Yaxley raises a smile as he remembers the Mudblood and says, "Well, we can give it a try, I like the idea."

Then Avery starts to explain: "What we'll do is..."

...

Room of Requirements

Severus had decided to test potions until later and spend the night here. He is very pleased with his new relationship with Lily but also concerned for her safety.

Over the past few weeks, the dark-haired boy had tried out many crazy recipes he had in his head. Although many of them were a failure... Unfortunately, some had been a success and his smile grows from the perspective.

Looking at a notebook, he notes all his observations of his power so far.

[Clairvoyance => Moved by desire.

The greater the desire for something, the more real the feeling that drives it.

On the other hand, the more complex/difficult or abstract the task, the less clear it is.

Examples:

(1) If Severus wants to find a library and he is near one... Finding the way is much easier.

(2) If the desire is something abstract like wanting 'power', Severus has a slight understanding of what to do, but it is even less clear than a directed request. After all, there are many ways to gain power and that is why it is not a very specific desire.

(3) Severus loves Lily, the stronger the desire to protect her, the stronger the warning if she finds herself at risk. But by the same token, if Lily is too far away the effect diminishes.

(4) It's a great skill to use in conjunction with divination as it's a way to expand your knowledge of the future. When Severus wants a card that represents his future, it's like an outlet for his ability to communicate from a more distant future.

There is a balance to everything.

 

***Author's Note: If you notice, every time Severus finds something, he was already close to the place or is directly engaged with the subject. He visited the bookstore in the diagonal alley and found the occlumency book because he wanted power. He found the Marauders whispering about the map, but was already close to the location before his ability to guide him, meaning... Because he was coincidentally close he was guided to spy on his enemies.

I want to exemplify because you must understand that he is not omniscient, even though it is difficult to catch him off guard. He is not a god yet!

***

Prescience => Moved by something that puts him at risk.

There is a difference between clairvoyance and foreknowledge. This second skill is an asset to him as a duelist...

It would be very difficult to catch him off guard with this ability, small flashes of the near future made him appear to have superhuman reflexes.

Examples:

(1) All projectiles or traps aimed at him, if humanly possible to dodge... He would be protected.

(2) A great skill to use in conjunction with the art of trying to create new potions! Because he can be more daring and doesn't have to be afraid of blowing himself up with a cauldron.

Magic Calculation Area =>

To access the MCA, Severus needs to get rid of emotional fluctuations, then explode while casting a spell.

Positives points:

 (1) Adds power to a spell to a much higher level than a normal wizard would be able to replicate.

(2) I can't say (Spoiler)

Negatives points:

(1) Achieving this state is difficult, even needing the help of potions. And when Severus powers a spell and explodes the emotions... The meditation state is disconnected and you have to repeat the process of controlling emotions if you want to use this trick again.

(2) Mental wear is much greater using this.

[*Author's Note: I thought it was important not to leave his skills vague and I hope you understand my explanation!

The British wizarding world starts to get tenser as we see in this chapter. And I did it on purpose because it's canonical that next year (1974) things start to heat up... Even the Minister for Magic Eugenie Jenkins is ousted from her post (1975) because she couldn't handle the pressure of events (Uncle Vold. complicating things)

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! * ]

5