20- First house and romantic speedrun (part 1)
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...

Lucy was napping under the shade when she heard Freya's surprised voice and when she opened her eyes she just saw her sitting behind Chill on a board made of Ice and... fly?

-"Crazy bastard." Murmured as she saw Chill's latest spell.

-"*Squeak*!"

-"You think so too?" She asked Charlie, who was eating grass a meter away from her.

-"*Squeak*"

-"Yeah... He really is an abnormal fellah." she spoke, looking at her sister hugging her new boyfriend as they flew around the area," says he's shy yet becomes my friend in a day. And now he's dating my little Freya."

-"*Squeak*"

-"*Sigh* I think they both are abnormal, Freya was always honest with herself. I know I said I'll help them but I never expected they hit it off and start dating this fast. I mean they just met yesterday. Chill just confessed to her and today Freya is completely unrestrained. I knew she wasn't happy doing nothing at home."

-"*Squeak*?"

-"All that 'sister I hate men.' bullshit. And now what? I'm single while my younger sister got herself a man in just a single day. Tsk, and she said I got interested in men too fast.".

Complained to herself Lucy as she stood up seeing the two of them landing back down. Oh, Charlie? He was just Squeaking, not everyone can talk to animals.

...

-"Heh, that was rather refreshing." I told Freya after we landed.

-ping-[Name Custom Spell and add it to SpellBook? ]

-'Mhm, Ice Board' I told VI.

-ping-[Ice Board: User can Levitate a Board made of Ice and give it directional movement with air magic, Size and shape can be modified ]

-"It was." Said Freya, who was hugging me most of the time, I did not know if she had her eyes open or not.

-"Yeah? Hopefully, we'll experience all kinds of new stuff in the future." I told her with a smug face.

-"You guys realize you spent 2 hours just playing around?" Asked Lucy, annoyed, "I took a nap to give you some space but I'm still here you know that?" Pouted, while looking at me.

-"Aha," I scratched my head, "blame your sister, she hugged me, scared from falling, that I didn't want to stop."

-"Hmpf!" exclaimed Freya.

"Anyway, how about we go check some houses?" I asked the two of them, eager to get a house, preferably near their place.

-"Sure, that spell of yours can carry 3 people, can it not?" Asked me, Lucy, expectantly.

-"Sister, we have time. why waste Chill's Mana." tried to rebuke Freya.

-"What? It's not like he has a little bit of Mana." Replied Lucy.

-"Sure, let's go. Charlie, move your ass here."

-"*Squeak*"

-"You can stay here if you want, you know?" I replied to his mental 'Tsk'.

-"*Squeak*"

-"Oh, fuck you." I cursed at him.

-"Hey, what's he saying?" Asked me Freya as she moved and picked the hamster up.

-"He said He can't stay here because I took him in."

-"fufu~ that's so cute." Commented Freya as she patted Charlie's head and placed him inside one of the pouches hanging from her waist belt.

-"Why'd you curse at him them?" Asked Lucy.

-"Because I did not take him in. I was just minding my own business and the next second I see a hamster makes a mind link to me! Stay with Freya with you little bastard."

-"*Squeak*"

-"Let's go." I told them as I conjured another Ice board and placed the blanket on it. I made it wider this time so Lucy and Freya could sit comfortably. they both giggled at my skit with Charlie and hopped on, Freya sat behind me, legs to one side while Lucy sat crossed-legged behind us.

-"I'll move and you guide me, Lucy."  I told the woman as I moved us back into town. the guards got surprised but composed themselves quickly, seems they have seen a lot of eccentric adventures.

...

It was around 7 pm now, so we decided to stop house hunting for today and head back to the sisters' home for dinner. I did not use Ice board inside the town to avoid unnecessary attention, and strolling around while checking houses together with the girls was fun.

-"Oh? Hey girls, what's with this house?" I asked, pointing at the house next to theirs. It was a two-story building, small in size but looked cozy, I estimated it had 2 rooms and a bath on each floor.

-"Oh? this house has been empty before we even moved here." Explained Lucy.

-"Why are you asking? You can get a better, already furnished, house with your money, Chill." Inquired Freya.

-"Nothing just noticed it just piqued my curiosity." thankfully she did not see the sparkle in my eyes because my head was turned away.

-"Come in, make yourself at home." Told me, Lucy, as we entered their house.

It was a cozy house, had a living room connected to a kitchen, behind them was a short hallway linked to what I assumed were each of their bedrooms and a small bathroom. It had the shape of an 'L' rotated  90° counterclockwise, with a small garden with wooden fences separating their property from the abandoned house I planned to move into earlier. Yes, I planned to surprise Freya by moving next door.

'I wonder how she'll react.' I mused the idea as I entered their house and took off my shoes because they had an elevated wooden flooring as the Japanese did back on earth.

-"Thanks for having me, Do you need help with anything? Not that I can cook." I told Freya and she just gave a bright smile and replied,

-"No need, Chill. Just relax somewhere and wait. Lucy, take care of our guest while I get dinner ready."

-"aye-aye madam,*giggle*" laughed Lucy and told me, "Come in, we got those really comfy box sofas I got back in my adventuring days."

-"Oh? And How did you get them?" I asked her as we both sat down one of two simple Brown box sofas and Freya went into the kitchen, which had an arch as the only separator between it and the living room."

-"So, I was hunting some goblins back then... "

...

-"*Sob* your food is really good, Freya." I told her as I ate another spoonful of the beef stew she made. I was also shedding a few tears.

-"Thanks!" Beamed Freya, she seemed to take pride in her cooking, "is it that good that you need to cry tho?" Asked me, clearly a misunderstanding.

-"I don't think he's crying because it tastes good Freya," interjected in a calm tone, Lucy, "It's okay Big guy, you're not alone alright?" Assured me, Lucy, with a sisterly smile, clearly knowing why my tears came out.

-"I just-" I cleared my eyes with my hands, "hah, I just missed my mom's cooking, I last tasted it before my Mentor took me in." I told them half a truth because my mentor did not exist of course, but my parents did and the homemade food of Freya hit me hard as I remembered that I won't see them again.

-"*Sigh* I'm sorry Freya, the Food tastes great. Just give me a second." I told her apologetically as I placed the spoon in the stew bowl.

-"It's okay, Chill." She told me with a sweet smile that eased my worries. Nonetheless, I stood up and went outside to avoid further embarrassment. Just as I closed the door my tears started flowing down like a river and I sat down in front of it.

-'Guess it hits hard when you are happiest. Mom, Dad I really wish you could meet Freya. Ugh... why am I ruining the day... '

...

Freya was quite happy when Chill liked her food but as he started crying, even if a bit and he held his tears back, she still felt her heart tighten.

-'Did I really care for him this much that I feel sad just because he is... ' asked herself, Freya, as she played with the stew right after Chill went outside.

-"You know, Freya. I think Chill is a great guy." Said Lucy out of nowhere in a solemn voice.

-"What are you talking about?” asked, Freya.

-"I think Chill uses his honesty to hide whatever's bothering him. We have each other Freya," paused Lucy before continuing, "But he is alone, I don't think it's easy to venture into a new place, alone, without his loved ones, and that has taken a toll him I think."

-"I did not consider that... " Looked down Freya then asked, "but he was so happy and flirting all day, even tho I barely did anything to him... I don't get it."

-"*Sigh* as I said, he hides behind his own honesty. I mean when he registered at the guild he was just level 3, and I'm a good judge of character. I could tell he was protected and sheltered by both his family and mentor all his life. So whatever happened to them, he's alone now, having to fight monsters to survive. Well at least was alone, and with the money, he can relax for quite some time." Enlightened her sister, Lucy.

Freya felt both good and bad. Good because she found such a sweetheart of a man, that did not ask for her pity and instead stayed happy all day around her. And bad because, even tho they just started dating, she was his girlfriend and she couldn't understand why he was crying if not for Lucy.

-"Hey big sis." Asked Freya.

-"Yes?" Answered Lucy with a warm smile, as it seemed like she noticed the determined eyes of Freya.

-"Did you see the honesty in his eyes when he, um, proposed to me yesterday." Looked her into the eye and asked.

-"Yes I did sweetie, I told you he is a good guy." Smiled and replied Lucy, this time she had a motherly smile that showed how much she cared for Freya.

-"Uhuh, I think he really loves me." Told her Freya.

-"And?" Added Lucy for her to continue.

-"And... I think I love him too. I don't know if this is fast for falling in love, but I feel like I want to see him and talk to him more." Confessed Freya, her face blushing and her fox-tail moving like usual to hide it.

-"Hehe~ I knew you'd fit together. Who cares if it's fast or slow enough. You just love him and he loves you back and that's it." Grinned Lucy widely, at her sister's honest feelings.

-"I think I should-" before she got to finish, however, Chill came back in smiling awkwardly, sat down, and continued eating.

-"You good?" Asked Lucy.

-"Aha, "scratched his head, Chill, and laughed embarrassed. Freya found it cute when he did that, "That was out of place, sorry about it. But the food's really good." Turned and gave Freya an unrestrained smile.

-'That smile is unfair! And I was worried about him. I guess he really is good at not opening up and hiding it, but I don't think it's good to ask now.'

-"Thanks, you can come whenever you want, Chill." Beamed and replied Freya.

-"Oh? Linda will hate you for that you know?" Teased her Chill, back to his usual self.

-"You are moving out of the inn Anyway aren't you?" Rolled her eyes at him, Freya.

-"Indeed, I liked one of the houses we saw earlier, I think I'll go rent it tomorrow at noon." He said to both girls.

-"Yeah? Can I come?" Asked Freya with puppy eyes, and he nearly choked on his food.

-"*Cough*cough*cough* Don't look at me like that or I might die, seriously. You can come, of course." He told her with a slightly red face.

-'Hehe you two are not the only ones who can tease people.' thought to herself, Freya.

-"Can I come too?” asked Lucy.

-"Of course, not." Told her Chill with a straight face and she giggled.

-"I took today off, but I work at the guild you know? Not like you two lovebirds who got nothing to do all day."

-"Hey! Teaching/Learning Magic is NOT nothing." Replied both Chill and Freya at the same time.

-"hehe~"

... 

I went back to the Inn after I thanked Freya for dinner and left Charlie with her, as making a lover take care of your pet strengthens your bonds, according to a shady dating website at least.

It was a quiet night on my way back to the Inn, saw barely any commoners around, except for drunkards near inns, so I was alone with my thoughts, my thoughts that kept making me cringe every time I remembered crying in front of Freya and Lucy like a spoiled brat, I never expressed my sadness to anyone, not even my parents as I always considered that my sadness was my own to bear while my happiness was my own to share.

Anyways, back at the Inn. Mark, Bob, and wade were drinking like usual and the inn was bustling with activity, there were a lot of people, but I never bothered with them. So after I informed Linda and Jack that I'll be leaving they naturally felt sad because they were losing a customer. However, after I insisted that they keep the rest of the rent they became happier naturally, I then bought beer for me and my senior adventures, it was my treat for them.

We laughed and drank merrily, at least they did as I just drank a glass of beer, never liked it. But I told them about my endeavors and how Freya accepted to date me, and they just laughed at me and said "Youth" and then cracked even harder when I mentioned surprising Freya tomorrow by getting the house next to her, And surprisingly enough Bob offered to help me.

Bob had connections with the merchant guild in Oak, so he offered to take me there first thing in the morning so we can check out the house that I wanted to get. I really appreciated that, because Mark explained to me how usually it takes some time to do all the paperwork required to get a permanent residence here, and as merchants rely on connections for business, the process can be made very simple if you have them, so with Bob's help I'll just point them at the house, pay for it and they'd give me the ownership papers, maybe. After treating the trio to another round of drinks, I went up to my room.

-"*Sigh*... Today was just the best in my 2 lives, excluding the crying part." I talked out loud as I relaxed my naked body inside the tub.

-"Freya... " I muttered her name and felt my heart beating faster, "What a fitting name for such a hot and charming wolf-kin." I continued my monologue as I crept out of the Tub and put on my underwear.

I then slept in the bed and hugged the pillow like a little boy in love as I fantasized about her, "How good it would feel to hug her tail... *Yawn* I can already feel how fluffy it is... even better tho, why not hug her?" I started drifting into dreamland as I continued with my fantasies, "I don't want to *Yawn* waste time, I just want to live under the same roof all day... hehe, how will you react to your new neighbor I wonder..." and I drifted into my slumber.

... 

Announcement
Hello! There will be an increase in chapter length, taking effect progressively untill future ones reach a 145% length of the current average.

0