19- Gold and heart infiltration (part 4)
85 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...

-'hehe... Am I just smooth or what? I fucking did it! I never expected her to be this Alluring too, if not for the fact that this is only our second meeting I'd have jumped on her with no regrets whatsoever.' I thought to myself, just after I whispered in Freya's ear a love confession, basically.

-'I seriously didn't think she'd manage to tease me this much too, nor did I expect any of her sudden behavior. Tho, I think it's time to let the rat out.' I mentally laughed at my original joke as I walked towards the door and called the rat out.

-"I think James is finished, come in big sis." The rat was Lucy of course. Spotted by VI's minimap earlier, I left her alone tho, as I was... Preoccupied getting flustered, like a high schooler in front of his crush would get, by Freya's teasing and sexy yet cute change of behavior.

I also wanted her to hear Freya, sure that might have been considered underhanded towards Freya, but Lucy was going to fish everything out of her sister later so it's better this way in my opinion.

Anyway, Freya was still stunned but managed to somewhat recompose herself when the ice statue of her, which I just made like how I liked seeing her, with VI's help, of course, disappear back into thin air and when she heard me call her sister to enter.

So Lucy naturally entered the Library and said nothing, I did not comment further as her silence was a clear enough sign for me that she understood my implication of being aware of her eavesdropping.

-"Catch, rich guy." And she threw me a coin pouch.

However, as soon as I caught the pouch I faltered as it was heavier than I expected, a lot heavier than I expected. But the real shocker was when I ordered VI to count to the coins, the GOLD coins.

-'VI, how many coins is there in this pouch?'

-ping-[Scanning... 50 gold coins ]

-"What!" I nearly dropped the pouch at the number.

-"Lucy, is this a prank?" I looked at Lucy for an answer and she just shook her head.

-"What's wrong, Chill? Did they underpay you?"Asked Freya innocently.

-"They paid me 50 coins, look what kind of coins tho." I clarified to the confused Freya, who only got even more confused when she caught the pouch I threw her and saw the gold coins inside.

-"*Gasp*!" She just gasped, shocked, and then quickly threw me back the pouch.

-"Pfft-Hahaha, that was exactly how I reacted a few minutes ago, hah..." laughed Lucy at us and continued, "there's no prank here Chill. Let me tell you what Tanya said..."

...

-"Hehehe... " I couldn't help but grin after Lucy finished explaining why I got 50 golden coins, as golden as they can be.

-"So basically, you came to Oak with no money whatsoever, and a few days later you have 50 golden coins." Pointed out Freya, looking at me with impressed eyes.

-"That's right, heh. Your boyfriend here can make money as fast as he can make you fall for him." I told Freya with a smug look on my face.

-"Tsk. I hope you won't lose the money and anything or anyone else just as fast too." Rebuked Freya and shattered my smugness.

-"Hoho~ So little sister Freya, what happened to never yielding to a man?*giggle*" Asked Lucy with a hand on her chin then giggled at Freya's fresh behavior.

-"Oh, She said that? Care to elaborate?" I asked Lucy, clearly interested in anything my girlfriend said.

-"Tell him anything and you'll cook dinner tonight, and we both know how bad your cooking is, sister." Warned her elder sister, Freya, then continued, "And you. I accepted to date you just in our second meeting, and you looked like a dirty rag the first time. So keep in mind we can break up just as fast as we met,Hmpf!" Of course, it was my turn next, I thought.

-"That was really Harsh, we are *sob* really sad*sob*, isn't that right, Chill?*wink*" fake cried, Lucy, and asked.

-"yes yes we are super sad! How will you make it up for us?*sob*" my sobbing was bad, my only weak point as an actor(self-proclaimed), so they both laughed at me. It's worth mentioning that by now we were already out on the street, walking towards the Inn.

-"Ugh... Please don't team up on me in the future too," Said Freya annoyed, while I and Lucy just chuckled, she continued, "How about I cook dinner tonight and you come to eat over, Chill?" Asked me, Freya, while playing with a strand of her smooth hair, which looked super cute.

-"Hey, Lucy." I called Lucy.

-"Yeah?" Looked at me questioningly, Lucy.

-"Did I tell you about the woman I started dating and how much I like her?" Was both my question to Lucy and my indirect reply to Freya.

-"Hmm, I don't think you did. Is she a good cook?" Continued playing along, Lucy

-"*sigh* never mind me..." Sighed Freya, resigned, which I chuckled at and answered Lucy's question.

-"I don't know, but I'm going to have dinner at both her own and her sister's house tonight."

Lucy gave me a smug look and so did I, then I asked:

-"Anyway, I wish to someday build my own house, someplace quiet." I told both of them, who were walking on my right with Freya in between me and Lucy, while I was on their Left and the street's left side. Then continued, "Until then, I'd like to move to a house in town, so how about you ladies show me around after grabbing launch somewhere? I won't invite you to the Inn as I rather got some money recently and can get us some nice food." I finished the last part with a slight smile.

-"Hmm, I don't know if Freya likes the idea but I can show you around town where houses are on sale or for rent." Said Lucy as she shot a questioning glance at Freya because she knew her little sister did not like crowds.

-"I don't like crowds, but I can manage that much. Besides," She moved a bit closer to me as we walked and said, "I am not single anymore and I doubt anyone will try something funny with such a tall and big guy here." She Finished her sentence and gave me a light punch on the chest, which made me happier than when I got the 50 coins, which were in my inventory by the way.

-"Oh my~ I don't think anyone who tries and does anything to you Freya will go back in one piece afterward. " Teased her, Lucy.

-"Hmpf!" Exclaimed Freya, and I interjected.

-"They won't go back, one-piece or pieces." I replied to Lucy with a firm voice, as I remembered that this is not earth and here, might makes right, the proof for that is that nobles still exist instead of a democratic country.

-"Calm down, Chill. No one will do anything, nobles don't even come to these parts and the rest are weak commoners." Reassured me, Freya, as she seemed to sense me tense up, and her lovely smile and sweet voice got me out of it.

-"Sorry, I just forgot that might make right on this-*cough* everywhere you go." I was about to say on this planet but quickly corrected myself.

Lucy said nothing while Freya looked at me curiously but remained silent too.

-"Anyway, I said I'll treat you guys to lunch, but how about we buy the food and eat outside? I prefer quiet places too." I told them and they both did not seem to mind.

And so we made our way to the nearest restaurant.

...

We were sitting under the shade of a tree outside of Oak's southern gate. Some trees were scattered far apart in the small area of grassland between the town and the forest. So we picked a random tree and sat under it, having bought a blanket along the way.

The food we got, which I paid for, of course, was extremely appealing. Roasted Chicken, beef, salad, and a bunch of fruit smoothies. my inventory did not stop time, at least not yet, so I took care of the food that we had placed in a basket, bought from the restaurant too, by keeping their heat and vapor contained within. As for the salad and drinks, I just moved them to my inventory.

-"Didn't have chicken this good in a long time." I said as I took another bite from the chicken leg I was holding.

-"Yeah? I don't eat out a lot, as Freya cook most of the time, and she makes good food.'" explained Lucy as she ate beef and salad.

-"You mean all the time." rolled her eyes, "But it's rather nice eating out too, never thought of buying food from a restaurant and eating it elsewhere. " Pointed out Freya as she ate both chicken and beef without salad.

-"Really? My mentor and I did it this way most of the time as we both hated crowded places." I told them my modified version of delivery food. Did not like lying to Freya but I could always tell her the truth later when our bond grow stronger.

-"I'm sorry about your mentor." Said Freya with ears down and her wiggling tail slowing down.

-"Bah! Don't worry," I waved my hand, "Besides that, what's important to me now is right here with me. I'm not a social guy so getting a girlfriend in just 2 days is groundbreaking." I smiled at Freya then looked at Lucy and spoke with a more serious face, "Also, making such a good friend. Thank you, Lucy, for all you did for me. As long as I'm alive and you need help you need not but to call me."

Freya blushed at me but her ears and tail perked up again and Lucy waved her hand.

-"Stop talking like you're not my friend either. Just keep Freya happy, and I don't need your help." She smiled brightly at me then turned towards her sister, "and you, stay like this alright? You know how worried I was seeing you do nothing but laze around and just hate people all day?"

-"Aha..." Scratched our heads, both me and Freya, at the same time. Which lead all three of us to laugh.

-"By the way, I bribe-*cough* promised I'd make a new custom spell didn't I? This is a nice place to experiment in and I got a nice idea in my head that I wanted to test out" I said as we all finished eating and told Freya, which got immediately interested. Lucy just sat, back to the tree and started drinking her fruit smoothie.

-"Before that, Chill. I didn't want to ask earlier as we were still just... Acquaintance," Said Freya with a slight blush," but why does your chest pocket bulge like that? " Pointed at my chest pocket and oh shit. I completely forgot about this Last little bastard. I told him to help me out but he just ate all the grass and slept.

-"You fuc-*cough*Charlie, I remember telling you to help me out with," I looked at Freya awkwardly, she just stared confused while Lucy giggled, "with my earlier problem and you just slept. Hey! Wake up! I've got some grass here." And he immediately perked up at the mention of food

-"Who are you talki-" tried to ask Freya but was interrupted.

-"*Squeak?!*"

-"A forest Hamster?" tilted her head, Freya, surprised.

-"*Squeak*!" Squeaked Charlie as he jumped down from my chest and made his way to Freya, urged mentally by me of course.

-"My pet, Charlie. The plan was that Charlie here would help me look both cool and cute to impress you. That did not go as planned of course." I laughed at the first part and glared at the hamster at the last, which made him run and jump between Freya's legs. She was sitting cross-legged on the blanket.

-"Fufu~ you are scaring him, of course he won't help you, would he? " She asked rhetorically as she caressed Charlie's back.

-"I wouldn't think so sister. These two can communicate, somehow." Said Lucy from behind as she continued enjoying her drink 

-"What do you-" interrupted again, was Freya.

-"*Squeak*?"

-"Yes yes you've done your part. You can go eat grass now. Just don't wander too far." I told the hamster, we had a deal earlier rather than me urging him to act, and he darted off to somewhere near Lucy and started eating at the grass near the Tree's trunk.

-"Did your hamster just play me? And how did you even talk to it?" Asked me, Freya, slightly surprised and most importantly, tilted her head and pouted as she noticed I was weak to that.

-"I don't even know" I shrugged, "I was just in a clearing in the forest making my way to Oak, a lot of them were there but Charlie just came close to me, and well..."

-"Well?" Asked me, Freya, Head still tilted as she drank her fruity beverage.

-"You know I'm weak to your cuteness when you tilt your head don't you?" I asked her and she just shrugged, "A Mana thread connected both of us, somehow. I call it a mind link as it allows us both to feel each other's emotions and convey some intent. So That's how we talk."

-"Interesting... " Mumbled, Freya as her eyes drifted elsewhere.

-"Anyways, how we about we go check some houses for you Chill in maybe 2 or 3 hours?" asked Lucy, and after I nodded she closed her eyes and napped against the Tree.

-"I'll be using Ice again for my third custom spell." I told Freya and she quickly nodded at me.

-"First let's make an ice board..."

...

Freya watched with extreme interest at her boyfriend working on his new spells, which he said he'll call Ice Board.

-’I wonder what he'll use it for' wondered Freya to herself as she rested chin on her hands that were planted on each of her crossed legs. Her Ears flickered as Chill spoke his thoughts out loud, which made him blush slightly and she found it cute, and then conjured and shaped all kinds of Ice.

He first made a rectangular box out of Ice about a meter in length and half one in width. He then refined it into smooth flat Ice.

-"You can make your Ice creations smoother if you imagine sweeping them with Mana sandpaper, or something like that." He told her and she tried it out alongside him.

Then he lifted the icebox with Telekinesis and moved it around while narrating.

-"So my idea is to make an easier and faster way of transportation, but I fear Telekinesis won't be powerful enough to lift and move the Ice Board with me on it unless I feed it a lot of Mana, which in turn will make my spell inefficient."

He spoke out loud and she pondered over his words.

-"Hmm, that's a nice idea. Too bad it would be inefficient as you said." Commented Freya absent-mindedly as she thought of a way to help.

-"yeah..." Was his reply as he moved the Ice board around.

-"Hey, Chill. Aren't you a mage?" Asked him, Freya, with a smile, out of nowhere.

-'He's doing exactly what he told me to avoid' mused to herself.

-"Yes I am, why thank you...?" he thanked her, showing clear confusion on his face.

-"*chuckle* You try and combine your elemental spells with Telekinesis because it looks cool am I right?" She asked him, already knowing his answer 

-"Yes? What's wrong with that? Trying to be cool saved my life and made me rich." He told her still confused 

-"You are a mage so think like one. You have access to most elements, why don't you combine them just like you do with Telekinesis?" Answered him Freya and chuckled when she saw him realize what she meant.

-"Hehe... " He showed her a smug expression that looked like an evil genius would make when he invented something 

-"pfft-Hahaha why do you look like some evil guy who figured out how to destroy the world? What's with that face Chill? Hahaha..." laughed heartily at him which made Lucy open her eyes for a second then close it back as If nothing happened.

-"Because I just did, thanks babe~." he told her with a straight face as he stood up and started conjuring some wind.

-'Did he just call me babe? I don't think he realized that he did too, which makes him, even more, cuter.' thought to herself Freya, "Is this how little girls in love feel think all the time? ugh..." She said under he breathe so that Chill wouldn't hear her, but someone else did.

-"hehe..." laughed at her, Lucy, quietly without saying anything.

-"Tsk."

-"Hey Freya, You are a genius!" Exclaimed Chill out of nowhere.

-"Oh yeah? What did you manage to do?" She stood up and walked over to him as she asked 

-"So basically, I just used both my Telekinesis and Water/Fire manipulation skills, to make the Ice board float in place, that doesn't cost a lot of mana," He pointed out at the floating board, now a meter and a half in length, half a meter in width and around 15cm in thickness. Then Continued, "To move it with extra weight, however, I'd need a lot of Mana. but, as my beautiful lady here suggested earlier, I can use other elemental magic." He gave her a smug look and further elaborated, " so by adding a bit of wind I can get both acceleration and directional steering! " He finished and looked at her expectantly and give her 'I did it' eyes.

Freya just laughed at him and spoke:

-"You are cute when you're excited you know?" She said and he scratched his head in embarrassment, "But it was amazing seeing you work with magic. So good job*chuckle*" She chuckled and added, "happy now?" And smiled brightly at him.

-"not quite yet, you don't buy a horse before you try it." He said as he pulled a piece of leather out of nowhere, placed it on his floating Ice Board, sat on the front of it, and looked at her.

-"What are you waiting for Freya? Come let's give it a ride." He told her with a bright smile as he extended his arm, which she took and sat behind him. Legs hung one side while he had his hanging from the front 

-“let's give this a final touch too.” He said as he extended both the front and back of the Ice Board. The front extended upwards like a T which he placed his hands on and the back extended just a little bit to help stabilize herself but not enough for her to rest against.

-"Why not make the back long too?" She asked, intrigued by his actions.

-"Oh? What will my back be for then?" He told her with a grin and added " if it gets too fast or scary for you just hug me from behind.".

And they rose to around 10 meters above the ground then started circling the Tree, she felt the air shooting out from behind them to propel his creation forward but she was still surprised by the sudden rise of altitude so she hugged him unconsciously.

-"Won't you waste too much Mana going this high?" She shouted at him while tightening her grip around his waist.

-"I have a 1600 mana so don't worry!" He shouted then cast some magic which made the air around their heads calmer and quieter then added, "Besides, I get to have you hug me babe, so wasting most of my Mana would be a cheap price to pay for that." He told her with a smug face, not that she could see, as her eyes were closed and her head leaning on his back but she felt like he was grinning.

-"You! You were paying attention when you called babe earlier didn't you?" Asked him, Freya, still hugging him as they flew around.

-"Hehe, who knows. Do you hate it?"

-"I..." She hesitated for a moment then answered, "I don't hate it, but I like it when you call my name." She told him, and as her head was on his back she could hear his heartbeat getting faster, and that made her feel happy like a maiden in love.

-'This is all happening just crazy fast. I never thought I'd be saying stuff like that. On a first day of dating too... I feel like both me and Chill are honest... Or, is his love infectious too?' confessed to herself, Freya. she was always honest with herself over what she liked and disliked, even now, as she realized she liked Chill, she just admitted it to herself as she saw no need to deny it. Even if she disliked most men, Chill was just too fascinating for her.

-"Freya, babe. We just started dating today but I fucking love you. Hold on tight!" He suddenly spoke out of nowhere as their flying pace increased.

-'He is too honest for my heart to handle' Thought, Freya before he picked up the speed of the Ice Board.

How did you like this longer than usual chapter?(+45%) I am an amateur writer, so I love feedback.
  • It was entertaining. kept me hooked and liked the fast pace of the romance. Votes: 3 100.0%
  • It was fine, I know this story have early romance, but it was too rushed. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it was just bad. (comment why below) Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 3
1