Chapter 10. Normal Business Day After Become a God.
2.1k 13 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
A lot of infodump and bunch of mini time-skip just to explain what happens. And yeah, I skip school life atm, but I might consider adding them in the future plots.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: MC}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Roughly 7 hours later, We have finally come out of school.

My sister was really mad at me this morning as we are almost late... but thankfully it was settled down after I promise her to give her one wish that anything she wanted to.

Umm, hello system? It is your time to talk.

How Vera does do her training while we are away?

...

["Welcome back. She is doing fine, Jin-sama. She getting better at controlling her own strength and also raise her level by 18 while everyone is gone to school."] The system replied 

Level 18?

I see... There is no accident, right?

["About that... She accidentally raises her strength furthermore so she needs more time to control her own body"]

...It is really that hard for someone to control superhuman strength? I really should just grant her full control ability.

["It is hard for her. You forget the part she was bedridden and rarely move her body for several years, Jin-sama."]

Ah, you are right.

Well... It means she won't be available when everyone comes back to the restaurant.

["Yes. I am sorry Jin-sama... It was out of my control that happen."]

Don't worry. You just do your job, I will explain to the girls. 

I might also need you to connect with others this night, either way... I will always be counting on you.

["Yes, Sir!"]

...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After a few minutes of walking together, all of us finally arrived at home aka the restaurant. And obviously, we will soon open the restaurant.

The restaurant has been cleaned in the morning, so we just need to check the stock and change our outfit to our working clothes.

I wear my own chef uniform, and my sister got herself the standard white-black maid outfit as the waiter. The twins also wearing maid costumes, by the way, thus it has become our official uniform.

Not gonna lie, it was also our marketing strategy... Which actually proven success.

Anyway, The others obviously ask where is Vera gone, and I explain to them that she is got something to do and probably will come back tonight. 

...

"How it is, everyone?"

I asked while standing at the front door.

"Nothing wrong Onii-chan. We can start the business for today." My sister said to me after she checked all the tables.

...

"The floor and the light are okay, owner."

"The outside is okay, clean weather too, owner."

Both of the twins also responded after checking their respective places of duty.

...

Hearing all of their responses, I smiled and then replied:

"Okay, the restaurant officially opened again today!" 

I flip the 'Open' sign, and Sweet Carrot Restaurant business time officially started again.

Everyone then  quickly gathered close then high five together while yelling in high spirit:

""Weee!!""

...!!

And just like that, Another normal day at this restaurant just begin.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not so long after we opened our restaurant, our first very regular customer just entered the place. 

Both of the twins quickly greet him with their sweet smiles. The twins might be perverted, but they know how to be professional at work.

""Welcome, Customer!""

I also quickly go outside of the kitchen to meet him since he is a special customer. This regular customer is someone who has been of regular since I was still a kid.

He is also our regular who always visit around the time restaurant just opened... Probably because he didn't like the crowd around him. 

...

"Old man Kobayashi. Good evening."

I bowed my head and greet him with the best smile I could offer. 

"Ah... Jin. Good Evening."

The old man nodded and kindly smiled back toward me. Today he wears a sort of old-style tuxedo uniform, which sometimes makes me wonder if old man Kobayashi is actually really rich. 

But I never find out because there is no use to look out for people's privacy.

I guide him to his regular table, then after he sat down, I started to ask his order of today.

"The order?"

"Ah, give me Origami Soup. I am craving soup today."

I nodded and then asked: "Then the drink?"

"You know, the usual."

"Please wait a moment. Enjoy the scenery, old man Kobayashi."

After taking his order I quickly went to the kitchen to prepare the food he is ordered. I also dont forget to put his usual drink choice, which is a sweet herbal tea drink.

It is not on the menu, but my parent was told me to prepare it just for him. That's how special Old man Kobayashi in this restaurant. 

He is not any less special for us though.

...

After done preparing them, I brought all of the orders to the old man Kobayashi directly by myself. Since there is no other customer at the moment, I could leave the kitchen.

"One Origami Soup and the usual drink served!"

"As always, Thank you Jin. Here, why don't sit with me? Let's talk about the weather last night."

"Alright old man."

I sat down on the chair and then we begin to talk casually as he also enjoyed my food.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After talking pleasantry with the old man Kobayashi, I came back to the kitchen where I could relax while thinking about a new recipe.

...

["Despite quite a big restaurant, this restaurant seems deserted. Only 1 table filled, and you got 12 tables, Jin-sama. Not mention he is your acquaintances."] The system suddenly commented out of nowhere.

Ah, system... Welcome back. How it is Vera?

["Level 20, and she got better on her control, Jin-sama "]

I see. Thanks for your support.

["So? With your superb cooking technique that even pleased Original One, how come this restaurant barely have any visitor yet?"] The system asked.

Hmm... You are wrong.

Believe it or not, the crowd will come slowly in the evening. You will see it soon.

I mean, we are not a cafe... Our busy hours are either at lunch or dinner.

["I see... It does make sense, after all, your business is a restaurant."]

Yeah, Though because of school it is impossible for us to us be open during lunchtime since we are still at school at that time.

["Even with that, you still insist to run this restaurant Jin-sama? Why didn't just drop out than to run this restaurant full time?"]

...

I actually have thought that idea, but the popularity stigma of restaurants running by high schoolers dropout isn't very nice and would be harmful in long term. Besides, if you notice there are no adult employees here.

["Ah, I see. Both of you and your sister sure amazing, Jin-sama."]

Stop with the flattery, system. You should also focus back on Vera's training. Let me prepare myself before the dinner rush happen.

["Roger!"]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2 hours later at 6 pm, the customers begin to walk in and this restaurant quickly filled up with our regular.

As the day becomes darker, All the restaurant lights are already turned on, classic music playing in the background along with all the 'chatter' coming from our customers. It was a very calming situation on the front. Our restaurant's serene atmosphere is one of the reasons why we are doing pretty well, thus attracting along with a customer who seeks a comfortable and peaceful place to have dinner.

Though the situation in the kitchen is the exact opposite of that. 

...

"Table No.7!! Order 2 Napolitan Fried Rice, 2 Orange Juice!"

"Table No.3 Request for 2 more tempura!"

"Table No.9, Saya!! Please take the empty plates! More customers are incoming!"

"Someone please make the juice while I take care of the food!"

"I will do it, Onii-chan!"

"Kaya, here is the order of the No.1 table!"

"Ayee, Owner!"

...

It is all chaos within this time as the order and people keep coming.

I really should wish to multiply myself sometimes, but I know that would be cheating!

["I take back what I said earlier Jin-sama. This restaurant seriously need more employees!"] The system commented.

Yes! 

We used to have more employees, but they are all quit when my parents died.

["Why?"]

Yeah, I can understand the problem though. They did not believe me at that time to manage this restaurant. I was just 17 years high schooler last year.

And yet, a year later the restaurant is doing just fine.

["They are still not coming back after all this time? You didn't try to contact them?"]

I did, but they are all pretty much already working on somewhere else when I call them.

So that's left me with me and my sister alone... And the twins come after that. Heck, We were barely able to run this restaurant properly with 4 people.

["So, you will obviously hire more people Jin-sama."]

Indeed, but the problem is--

"Onii-chan, No.9 Table, Origami Karage special!"

...!!

My conversation with the system was interrupted by my sister yelling.

I quickly replied: "Okay sis!"

System, please leave me alone. I need to focus on the restaurant right now!

["Yes Jin-sama..."]

...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2 hours later... and the crowd has finally decreased. There are still customers, but most of them just chilling and just chatting. 

This is the right time for everyone to take a rest, especially for all three people in the frontline.

Also, I didn't feel tired as I always do in these hours so it is a good thing.

["Thanks for your new status as the true God, Jin-sama."]

I don't want to thank that old man... I still want to be a normal human instead of being a god!

Welcome back system, How is Vera? 

["She is doing okay. Also, Just accept your identity Jin-sama, Miss Vera really worked hard, you know?"]

...Okay?

Wait, Why did you call her Miss Vera?

As I want to ask the system more, however, a door to the kitchen is opened the restaurant door, revealing my tired-looking sister who then walked towards me.

I asked her: "Sister? What happened? Did something happen in the front?"

She shook her head and replied: "Nothing happened. Kaya temporarily takes over the cashier so I have a little bit free time to rest."

...??

"Then if you are here... You need something from me, sis?"

As she hear my question, my sister suddenly looked serious at me and asked back: "Onii-chan, Let's just get to the point. Do you still like... no, love Vera-san?"

...!!!

["Busted, Jin-sama."]

Shut up, system!

"Err... W-Why you suddenly asked that, sister?"

I tried to pretend not to know what she talk about by putting on an awkward smile and scratching my head, but my sister's expression doesn't change at all!

System, help me! You are my assistant!

["I am your god duty assistant, not your love counselor Jin-sama."]

God damn it!

["You are damning yourself?"] The system retorted.

No! It is just, how to explain?

 I might be ready to reveal that I am god right now, but tell my sister about my crush? It is embarrassing!

[*Sigh* "There is no point in lying. Just answer her honestly. Now I notice, you are really bad when it comes to romance, Jin-sama."]

Because I am inexperienced with romance! Why do you think she asked this question?

["I don't know. I am not even with you 24 hours now Jin-sama, How I should know?"] The system replied.

As I want to answer the system, I didn't realize my sister tugging my clothes and asked:

"Onii-chan... You are daydreaming again. I have noticed you really often do that lately while we are working. Is this because of your god position?"

...!!

"Y-Yeah it is. I will explain all of it tonight. I am sorry." 

I scratched my back head while apologizing to my sister.

...

"Then? About Vera-san?"

I take a deep breath and replied: "I guess I was supposed to answer 'yes'."

"I see..."

My sister nodded to herself after hearing my reply, holding her chin showing that she think about something.

...

"Something in your mind, sister?"

She didn't answer my question but instead muttered."I see. Then, we need to talk about rules with Vera-san, huh." 

"We?"

She look at me, pointed toward herself, and said: "Me, Kaya, and Saya."

"Uh, about what?"

"About us."

"Us?"

My sister nodded and answered: "Of course, it is about the prioritize of order which one of us will be the main wife."

"...Eh?"

My brain suddenly freezes after hearing my sister answer.

["Pfft. Congratulation in advance."] The system suddenly commented.

"W-What are you talking about sister?!"

I can't help but panic after hearing what my sister said.

My sister smiled and answered: "Onii-chan, everyone in here obviously likes you. No, We love you too."

My eyes widened in shock and quickly replied: "B-But how? Besides, you are my sister! And Japan did not support any polygamy relationship in the first place!"

She shook her head again and seriously answered: "First off, I am not your blood sister Onii-chan. Second, since you are god now... Rules of any country or even world doesn't apply to you, right?"

"Ugh. This is too sudden, sister."

I hang my head and slumped down immediately. My god status really ruined my normal life!

["She is right, Jin-sama. Mortal rules don't apply to you. Pfft."] The system commented.

You are really having fun huh, system!?

...

As I still tried to cope with the situation, my sister sit down beside me and cheerfully said: "With that said, I expect your response this night along with everyone else. Don't try to run away, O-ni-chan~"

Hearing my sister's words, I suddenly felt goosebumps. Why does my sister sound like she's threatening me?

I look at her and replied: "O-Okay, sister. Let me think about it for a while."

"Good! Then I will back to the frontline! Sorry for disturbing your free time, Onii-chan!" 

She stands up and then cheerfully leaves the kitchen. Meanwhile here I am confused about what I should respond to this night.

*Click*

System, What I should do?

["Just accept?"] The system replied.

As if it is that easy! I didn't even know if they truly like me in the first place! And I don't know about my own feeling about all of this!

["Then try confirming your own feeling then ask their feeling about you too. After that I think you can decide what to do, Jin-sama."] The system explained.

...

My feeling... It is obvious that I care about them.

My sister is the only family I have left. I am kinda aware my sister is overprotective about me the same as I did toward her, but I didn't know if it is actually love. We are siblings, you know?

The twins while they are perverted in fact the savior of this restaurant, there is no way both I and my sister would be able to run this restaurant normally without their presence. I am also aware they do like me, as that is probably the reason why they are working here in the first place.

I care a lot about them, but do I love them?

...

I keep asking myself the same question over and over again until the business hours ended.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Without realize, time passed and it is time for the restaurant to close.

The restaurant was already empty of visitors, and all the employees were in the middle of the room waiting for me to announce the evaluation of today's sales results.

*Cough*

I cleared my voice and said loudly: "Everyone, good job for today! After counting, today's sales are above average which is mean another successful day for us."

Just like the start of the opening, all of us then gathered together and did a high five while yelling:

""Wee!!""

The moment we have done high five together, both of the twins instantly surrounded me as if they have been waiting for this very moment.

""Owner!""

...!!

Both of them yelled at me at the same time which made me startled and reflexively replied: "Yes?"

...

"We prepared for today since you want to eat us tonight."

"We bought our best underwear and various toys."

"Unn. High quality, Imported."

"From America."

"We are also sweating a lot, in case you got sweat fetish."

"Umm. We could also take a bath if you don't like sweat."

...

*Facepalm*

Hearing all that they just saying, I can't help but facepalm. How the fuck did they get the idea I would eat them tonight!?

["Both of twins sure is something Jin-sama."] The system commented.

Yeah, that's why I call them perverted twins.

"Pffft."

My sister who giggle in the side also didn't help me at all!

...

I quickly shook my head and replied to the twin: "No, but there's something I really want to show to everyone here."

Both twins tilted their heads at the same time and quickly replied:

""Your sword?""

"Pffftt..!!"

My sister giggled more hearing the twin's further response.

Damn it!

...

Sigh there is no use, Let's just show them what I can do.

I wish to close all the curtains, lock the door, take the sign... and also clean the floor.

 *Zap* *Zap* *Zap*

...!!!

And it is exactly what happened. Both of my sister and twins were surprised at what suddenly happening in front of their eyes. 

...

"Kaya, I saw all the curtains closed on their own."

"Saya, I also saw the same. Is this place haunted? Or new tech?" 

"Uh... Onii-chan is the one who did it."

...

Hearing what my sister said, both the twin looked at me seriously. Their expression told me they want an explanation 

*Cough*

I clear my voice again and explain: "Yeah, I did.  Apparently, last night I have become a god. Let me tell you all how this is happening."

...

Thus after that, I explain to them in full detail what happen to me last night.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[Intermission: How does the skill rank actually work?]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(MC): "As the title of this intermission said, I wonder how the skill rank actually worked. I notice there was a letter from F to EX beside our skill name. System, please?"

(System): ["It is as you said and what you are currently thinking, F is lowest possible skill rank and EX is highest possible skill rank. The higher rank of skill, stronger the skill effect is."]

(MC): "I see. Then, how strong is EX rank skill compared to F rank skill?"

(System): ["F rank skill, obviously is the weakest. Using an analogy, generally, F rank skill gives 30% effect full potential of said skill, E is giving 50%, D is giving 70%, C is giving 100%, B is giving 120%, A is giving 150%, and S is giving 200%. There is also SS and SSS rank too which give 250% and 300% effect respectively. Also remember, it may differ a lot from each skill type. Like some skill give 100% effect full potential from rank F."]

(MC): "I see, I see. Hey, you didn't explain what EX rank skill effect does."

(System): ["EX rank is quite tricky, it can go from minimum 500% effect of said potential skill to even 1000%. EX rank skill is quite a balance breaker, Jin-sama."]

(MC): "Doesn't it mean what I did was literally creating chaos in my own world? Those reincarnators got EX skill on them!"

(System): ["Oof, don't worry. So far, all those reincarnator are good people, right? There are no worries, Jin-sama!"]

(MC): "..."

(System): ["Uh?"]

(MC): "...Damn it."

(System): ["Jin-sama?"]

(MC): "You fucking did say it, system... You fucking said it! You just set the flag! Now I am sure there are evil people among those reincarnator soon!"

(System): ["...I-I am sorry."]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now I have shown how the restaurant business worked. (not in so detail but I bet no one really cares about it anyway).

About all the girls that suddenly love the mc, I have prepared the background and reason for them to come like him btw so it is not instantly being loved.

Might show the sister reason first in the next chapter.

I just cut it to the chase so I don't need to make drama around mc being dense around his own girl.

Turn brain off, brrr. Also no editor.. and I have give up to edit this chapter lol 

 

 

62