Chapter 23. Behind the Scenes. (1)
755 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: MC}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

...

Back to the restaurant again, hearing a very shocking question from my new employee made... speechless. I mean, I never ever consider the possibility of this idea at all. Old man Kobayashi as my grandfather? Really? 

I still remember that my parent said that my grandparents were long dead before I was even born after all.

...

System, what do you think?

["I can't answer it, Jin-sama. Also, I might be gone for a while, I need to assist Miss Kaya and Saya on their task."] The system answered.

Did something happen?

["No, but to ensure nothing happens to them I need to be with them to assist them. I am after all, at the core is an assisting system."] 

I see... Then, I will leave them to you. Don't worry, there is nothing I can't handle here with everyone with me.

...

Well, since there's no use to think about it deeply, I hold my forehead and then replied to Raika, "Uh... No. Our parents said that our grandparents from both sides were already dead when I was not even born."

Hearing my answer, her reaction seems intensified, staring at me with scrutiny and asking, "Really? Are you sure?"

I nodded repeatedly to her question... but she doesn't seem to budge and believe me. 

Her stare at me are intensify as if she wants to figure out if I am lying or not. Why she does have an idea and why she should care about this?!

Does this girl... I mean, Raika's actual real reason to come here just to ask this question? Why it does matter to her if I am her grandfather's grandson or not?

Is this what I should call 'Granpa-con?' I have never handled this type of person before!

I made eye contact with my sister and Vera asking for help, but their looks at me told me that 'I can't help'. How I should convince this girl to believe my answer is the truth? 

...

Thankfully, the old man who noticed my predicament suddenly called his granddaughter out and asked, "Raika, why you are suddenly asked this question?"

Raika turn around to her the old man and quickly replied, "I'm just curious, grandpa. You seem to be overprotective with this place. You are even banning any of our family group from actually visiting or investigating this place."

...??

It is the first time that I heard this? This old man, why he would do something like that? Those are all potential costumer, old man! No wonder I have never seen him visit this place with another person!

But again, why? I can't really think of the reason why he would do such a thing for this place.

Did our parents is lying to us?

...

I look at him seriously and asked, "Old man... Are you really our grandparent?"

*Sigh*

Hearing my question, the old man closed his eyes and sighed. We all looked at the old man curiously after seeing his reaction. Could he be my grandfather? That would explain why he would visit this place every day and does all the thing that has been Raika said.

He look at me, take a deep breath, and then said, "No, you are not my biological grandson. But, your grandfather used to be my best friend... so I did think of you as my grandson."

So he is not my grandfather after all, but wait... did he say he know my grandfather?

"You know my grandfather?" I asked. 

My parent never said anything about my grandparent... Now I think about it, Once I ask dad about what they look like, he just pats my head and directly changes the topic.

The old man nodded and then answered, "Yes, I know him, Jin. The reason why I did all of this is to fulfill the promise that I had with your biological grandfather to look out for his daughter, which is your mother. And for you"

...!!!

"Wait... what? I don't really get what you said--"

"Before we continue this, can I have my favorite herbal tea?" The old man cut me as I was asked about the detail.

I nodded and told my sister to prepare his favorite drink. I also told Vera to flip the sign of the restaurant to 'Closed' temporarily as I feel what the old man is going to talk about is something private. Raika ask me if she has something to work with as the new employee and I told her to follow my sister into the kitchen to learn how to make her grandfather's favorite drink. 

Her response was... Interesting to say the least. She fully showed gratitude look at me as if I was her savior. 

I can conclude that this girl is 100% grandpa-con based on her reaction.

...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After the drink is served, All of us sit at the same table waiting for the old man to speak.

He takes a sip of his drink and begins to talk, "First off, You need to know that your mother's real identity is about the same as Raika's. You know Kuroba Manufacture Company, right?"

We are nodded at the same hearing what the old man just said.

Of course, everyone should know it. That's the company that made a lot of helpful daily appliances such as washing machines, microwaves, etc. In fact, our stove in this restaurant is made by that company.

Wait a minute--- the same position as Raika, Raika itself looks like a rich man's daughter and the famous big company... When it connected together...

My eyes widened in revelation, and I said in disbelief, "Then my mother was..."

The old man nodded and explained, "She was the daughter of the head of Kuroba Manufacture Company, which is your grandfather at that time."

...!!!

"That's explained why mom is really beautiful..." My sister muttered beside me, seems also shocked at the revelation.

"Unn. Aunt was the one who teach me how to tie my hair when I was 9 years old." Vera followed.

"Aunt?" Raika confused.

"I-I mean mother!" Vera quickly corrected it. Damn it Vera-chan, she needs to be careful about what she wants to say.

"Then, what happens? How did she end up here with my dad?" I asked curiously.

The old man take a sip again and then answered, "The thing is... your mother and your grandfather do not have a good relationship. When your mother was engaged to someone that she didn't like due to political reasons, she ran away from her home... And that's where she meets your father."

...!!!

"That's... I never expected mom would do something like that." My sister commented.

Vera nodded and added, "Aunt was far from a rebellious girl like me!"

I also nodded in agreement. Mom is someone who teaches us to be always calm and collected in any situation. She is a kind-hearted, very caring, and lovely person. She is also the one who insisted to us on having a principle of "Attitude above everything else" in the Origami family.

Running away from her own parents is something I would never imagine coming from my mom at all.

The old man take a sip and explained, "Gin, your father offered your mother, Hikari, a place to hide in his own place. Short story, they are slowly beginning to love each other and then deciding to run away together from your grandfather."

"It is like I was listening to a romance story from fiction...." Raika commented.

I can tell that she is really focused right now. Did my mother's love story impress her that much?

The old man just smiled hearing his granddaughter comment and continue to explain as he look again to me, "Your mother especially fancy your father cooking, and that's probably what made your mother fall in with your father in the first place. Your father cooking talent is really astonishing."

Once again, I nodded in agreement and said, "Well... my love for cooking completely comes from dad, so it is not surprising..." 

"Indeed. In my opinion, you had the same talent in cooking as your father did, Jin." The old man followed and complimented me.

Hearing the old man praise me, I can't help but get emclub barrassed. I know very well that my father still get ahead of me in term of skill and it would take years for me to surpass him, but still... hearing it still made me happy.

*Cough*

I cleared my voice to calm down and then asked, "So... What happen after that, old man?"

The old man takes a sip again, his eyesight seems to reminisce something sad, and then he continues saying,

"Well... Your parent's life was constantly running away for years before the pursuit from your grandfather was finally stopped. The only reason why they were able to settle down here was that your grandfather suddenly got very sick. In his last moment,  your grandfather realized his mistake and his last wish was to be forgiven by your mother."

...

So it was like that, the history of my parent's relationship was quite... an adventure. No wonder they never told me about how they were met before in detail, instead, they just lied and told us cliche generic romance like 'we met in high school and fell in love together.

I would totally respect them if they told us the truth though, I genuinely think it was a cool story.

...

"Did mother forgive him in the end?" My sister asked curiously.

"I don't know... your grandfather and your mother never meet in his last moment." The old man answered with a hint of sadness in his voice.

... 

So technically, my parents were never lying to us. Considering both of my parents hiding all of this from us, did they really didn't forgive him? Knowing my parents well, who teach us with principle 'attitude above everything else... I doubt they won't forgive him.

So, why do they never tell us about this at all? I felt intrigued.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{3rd POV}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

At the same time with the twins...

After they are interrogating the man, get all the information they need, and then threw him at Tokyo Bay, the twins finally arrive at a location where it should be all transactions of the underworld happened in the city.

Both of them are on the top of a nearby building, looking at the entrance of their destination which can be seen a lot of people seem to enter the place. It looks like an ordinary club bar from the outside, but the twins already know that it's just camouflage. Thanks to the very high stat, it was easy for them to clearly see what happened below, even without any binoculars in their hand. Even hearing what happened inside the club bar isn't that difficult for them.

From what they could see, There are 2 men guarding in front, checking everyone coming in via some sort of ID card. Even though the day is still bright and the active time is supposed to be at night, the twins could tell that there are still a lot of people there, and made a lot of transactions inside based on the sounds that they could catch.

"How do we want to get in?" Saya asked as she gripped her staff.

Kaya, who currently wearing a special robe explained, "I got stealth with me and this robe, which a drop from 2 days ago bosses could enchant my stealth ability. I got the second robe on  my inventory, by the way."

Saya raised her eyebrow and commented, "But I am an Ice mage. I don't have a stealth ability, Kaya?"

*DING*

The system suddenly rang in both Saya and Kaya's heads and said, ["Don't worry! I can give Miss Saya's stealth ability the same level as Miss Kaya's since it is not a type of innate or cheats ability. I just need to copy it from Miss Kaya and then transplant it to Miss Saya after all."]

The system actually has no limit on this copy-paste ability, but she knows the importance of balance. One overpowered Vera is enough in the harem after all.

...!!

'You can do that, system?' Saya Inquire in her mind.

["I am an assisting system. I can do all things that are related to assisting someone."] The system answered.

'Just do it. Also, don't forget to hide this happening from the owner.'  Kaya commented to the system.

["Sure. I know you twin won't like to make Jin-sama worry, and I don't like that happening either. I will told Jin-sama that both you will be coming late because need to wait for the order for the uniform. Aside from that, Jin-sama and other girls are quite busy at the moment."] The system answered. 

Busy? The twins know very well that during these hours the restaurant club barely had any visitors. 

But then they suddenly remember that the new employee should be coming today, which made sense for everyone to be busy... Interviewing the new employee. This made them feel more at ease and they can be focus on the task on their hand.

*DING*

...

Shortly after, the copy process has been completed and Saya was able to use 'stealth' immediately as she tested it. 

"Stealthy Ice Mage" Kaya commented to her twin.

"Yep, this is something." Saya shrugged.

...

'We owe you, system' Kaya said to the system in her mind.

'Thanks, system' Saya added.

["If both of you want to thank me, just do your best to help Jin-sama. Remember, Be careful even though both of you are supposed to be invincible here."] The system commented.

Hearing the system remind in their mind Kaya and Saya looked at each other and nodded at the same time.  After that, both of them disappeared at the same time... As they are moving with [Stealth] ability to infiltrate the underworld club bar of Tokyo.

...

No one messed up with their owner, and for one who dares, prepare to pay with their lives.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

...

At the same time, in the house of Kuroba's main family.

A young man with neat round black hair, wearing glasses and an emotionless expression standing at the front door of his sister's room with a flower in his hand. The young man quickly wears a fake smile on his face, he doesn't want to see his sister sad after all.

*Knock* *Knock*

...

"Sakura, this is your big brother, Oga." He said from the outside of the room as he knocking the door.

"Enter, Onii-sama!" A sweet young girl's voice answered him.

...

After confirming that his sister let him enter, he quickly enters his sister's room, and his eyes immediately aimed toward his sister who currently laying on her bed, while looking at the outside window. Her sister's face looks pale, her pretty long hair is unkempt and the young man could tell that her body is getting weaker day by day. The young man can't help but clenched his fist behind her, frustrated as he can't really help to cure her.

"Onii-sama... You are visiting again today." His sister, Sakura greet him as she noticed him.

The young man, Oga with a warm smile quickly replied, "Yes, Sakura. How are you today?"

"I am okay--- Who I am kidding... It is the same as usual." Her sister answered while joking, but it's clear there was a hint of sadness in her voice.

Oga didn't answer her as he know that he should be pretended to be calm and strong in front of her to not make her sad. Then, he quietly put the flower that he bring with him on top of a large table beside the bed, which was also filled with a lot of flowers. This is the usual routine for them, Oga knows his sister loves flowers, so he brings her a different flower every day to make her happy.

"Today's flower is lavender. You should know this flower, right? It was common to use to repel mosquito after all." Oga kindly explained.

"Thank you Onii-sama. How are you today?" Sakura asked curiously.

Oga 'excitedly'  replied, "I am fine Sakura, by the way, yesterday I was going to a cat cafe again, feeding the cats around and playing with them. I had some photos with me. Here it is."

Oga takes out his phone and let his sister see the photo on his phone. Inside the phone, there are photos where Oga feeding the cat and is surrounded by them.

"Ohh...!! They are so cute! I want to stroke one too!" Sakura exclaimed as she watched the photo.

Shortly after however, Sakura becomes dejected as she continues saying, "But our home rule is that we can't have any kind of pet.

"Well... It is okay. Don't worry, I had another story to tell you, Sakura." Oga replied to cheer up his sister and then he stroked Sakura's hair.

*Stroke*

...

After that, the young man Oga keeps telling his sister another story that he has been prepared to cheer up her as she excitedly listens to it... Until Sakura fell asleep as she gets a very weak constitution and can't stay awake for long.

...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After his sister was asleep, Oga quietly left her room to not disturb her sleep. He look back again toward his sleeping sister last time and with determination he said,

"I promise, I will find a way to cure you, Sakura. No matter what."

...

When he was just closing the door of his sister's room, his smartphone suddenly ring, as it got a call request. When Oga looks up to who's calling him, his mood quickly becomes worse. The caller is his father, who is always cold to him and his sister, and only cares about their achievement. 

He is also thought that his father, Kuroba Gori, is probably the worst father and husband in the world. He still remembers that his mother was dead because his father doesn't care for her at all when she was sick. Oga has also heard a rumor that the bastard also inherited the group after poisoning his own father to death, which is probably true as he was fully aware of how twisted his father's mind is to fulfill his ambition.

"Tch..."

Oga knows what his father going to talk about, as it is already the routine that happened in the past 2 months... Which is probably his current engagement with Kobayashi Group Princess.

Oga dislike his engagement very much, but he had no choice. His bastard father refused to treat his younger sister at all unless he agree with him to become the son-in-law of the Kobayashi family and take over that family side into the Kuroba Group.

He felt disgusted by his father's endless ambitions... Again, he had no choice at all. So, Oga picked up his phone, and answer the call after making sure he get away from his sister's room.

'Good Evening, Father.' Oga said after receiving the call.

'Good Evening. Son, how did your relationship progress with that Kobayashi group Princess?' His father asked.

'I just give her another gift yesterday, father... aside from that, that bitch does not like me at all even though she is officially engaged with me.'  Oga replied and irritation could be felt in his voice. 

He also clearly had an urge to spit when he think about the person he is engaged with. Oga can tell Raika is disgusted with him, and he also feels the same. Oga thinks that what he needs is only his sister, and no one else matters. But for the sake of his sister, he needs to get married to that arrogant girl. Oga really hates his current situation.

'I see, though you should stop from giving her gift, I hear the one who receives your gift is not herself, but her private maid.' His father replied.

Oga gritted his teeth hearing that from his father. Oga himself, of course, knows about that. The girl also dislikes him for obvious reasons, and he can't blame her. After all, he has also disliked the situation of getting engaged because their family wants to.

'What do you want me to do?' Oga asked.

'I will find a way to make you able to visit her to deepen your relationship soon. So, prepare yourself to attract her attention and make yourself looks better.' His father explained.

Oga can't help but think that his own father thought him like a manslut for Kobayashi princess, which honestly really hurt his dignity. But he is aware it's impossible for him to refuse his father, as his sister's life is on the line.

'Yes, father.' Oga calmly replied.

His father shortly answered, 'Good. Goodbye son, I have some business need to take over.'

'Goodbye, father.

After Oga said goodbye, his father immediately closed the call as he was satisfied with his son's performance.

*BEEP*

...!!!

Oga clearly had an urge to throw his phone right now. Every time he got called by his father, his mood got worsened...

After that, Oga quickly calmed himself and remember he just visited his sister's room, Oga then remember need to find new material to cheer up his sister for tomorrow's visit.

Only his sister is the last light for Oga in this twisted family, keeping his sanity from getting crazy.

...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[Intermission: Can a modern weapon hurt a person with very high stats?]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(MC): "As the title of this intermission said, System... Do any modern weapon would hurt a person with... let's assume, very high stats?"

(System): ["I think I have answered this question for your last chapter, Jin-sama. No normal weapon would hurt a person with very high stats unless the said weapon also got very high attack power."]

(MC): "But how about a gun?"

(System): ["They will still be effective even to B rank adventure... because a gun, unlike a knife is having very high attack power plus penetration on its own. A knife launched at the same speed as a bullet would also hurt on a person. Though it still depends on the person's stats, to begin with for how much the damage it would cause. For example, if Miss Vera got shotted by a gun in her face, she is probably won't feel anything at all."]

(MC): "I see... so, do the twins would be okay if they got attacked by a ton of guns shooting at their faces? since they should be equal to high A rank adventurer in status?"

(System): ["I see you are concerned with the girls, Jin-sama. For your question, the answer is YES. Unlike Miss Vera, the twins are not Strength monster but with their speed and magic, they should be to create a club barrier to protect themselves."]

(MC): "Did their club barrier was able to protect them? There should be a ton of guns aimed at them!"

(System): ["Are you joking me, Jin-sama? The club barrier was able to withstand dark dragon breath! In theory, their club barrier should also withstand with Nuclear bomb explosion!"]

(MC): "Holy shit! Did all the girls become so absurdly strong without me knowing? Should I be concerned?"

(System): ["No worries, no matter how strong they are, with your indefinable stats, you can take them on the bed until the end of time, Jin-sama!"]

(MC): "...I am not talking about that kind of activity, system!"

A lot of backstories, geez. And the twins would do a massacre in the next chapter. I can't include everything here... this chapter is already too long... 4k+ lol

I think it should be clear who is the culprit behind the attack on mc restaurant. Don't worry, they will be all connected together, and the motive of the attack would soon become clear.

The only concern is whether I could convey it properly in words and whether I should make Raika part of the harem later... As for the situation so far... employee = harem member so far, Lmao.

You didn't expect me to write lore, don't you?! If there is no lore it would be hard for me to write in the future as the plot would be too shallow lol.

23