Chapter 42. Setting Up the New Restaurant and Recruit New Employees.
286 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: MC}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After getting rid of a few robbers and researching the market a little bit, I immediately used my power to complete the second goal, which was to build a place to live for all of us. Of course, it didn't take long for me to achieve that at all and after reporting my work to my sister, she seemed surprised at how fast I was moving without wasting any time and immediately visited me afterward.

"Onii-chan, you are moving too fast! I just completed my registration on Adventure Guild and you already bought our new living place?!" 

"Of course, it's easy for me to do that. Why you are so surprised, sis?" I said while tilting my head, looking at her with confusion. 

With a few use of my godlike wish ability, I managed to buy a building that used to be a closed restaurant in the capital city in a very short time without any problem. Although this building is only half-sized of the Sweet Carrot building on Earth, I am still satisfied with this building considering how different it looks from we used to live on Earth. Everything in this place feels so novel to me since the restaurant itself is based on a medieval style like other buildings in this capital city.

"Uh... But I thought to save some money first from adventuring and eventually bought our living place together." My sister said with a dejected tone.

"There is no way I would wait for you sis, I want to sleep in my own home for safety reasons." I shook my head and explained, "Also, correction, it's also would be our new restaurant." 

"That's not the point!" My sister pouted at me in dissatisfaction and replied, "It's too fast! I bet you haven't explored this city properly, right!"

"Is that a problem? I plan to do it later... although I did explore the market a bit to see the ingredients of this world." 

Once again, I shook my head reacting to my sister's foolish idea. She might be too excited to explore this world, but I don't have the same ambition as her at all. As a business owner, I know the importance of time, and the faster I can start my business, the better it is so naturally my ambition is to open my business as soon as possible.

Well, as a good brother, I understand that she just wants me to have the same enthusiasm as her, so I quickly suggested, "Anyway, I would rather explore this city with you later, sister."

"How about it? Our own date?" 

...!!??!!

As expected, after hearing what I said, my sister immediately clearly became excited and asked, "Is that a date invitation from you, Onii-chan?!"

"I think this must be my first date in another world and my first person would be my own sister." I said seriously while holding my chin. Logically, this is not something I should do, but for my sister, I would do anything for her.

["It seems you have strayed even further to the path of scumbag, Jin-sama."] The system suddenly commented.

I don't want to hear that comment from you when you are the one who convinces me to open a harem.

["Then, how do you explain it to Vera-sama later? Mr. who wanted to open a harem?"]

...Vera already knows though, but I admit I feel a bit guilty for my official girlfriend. I will make it up for her later.

[*Sigh* "Well, let me help you too later. Part of my job was to help you anyway, Jin-sama."]

Thank you, I will count on you, system.

...

"That's a promise, right?! We will do it tomorrow then!" My sister said nodding repeatedly in excitement, completely forgetting her grudge earlier.

"Alright, but the time is my compromise. It might be morning or night depending on when I have done researching ingredients and checking how waste management works in the world." 

"You know, all the thing we need to do when we restart our parent restaurant back then."

...

In fact, I also need to check how to get a good wholesaler in this city and how the market price works too. When starting a new business, there are so many things that we need to take care of... especially in the new world where we don't know anything beforehand.

Fortunately, it's not the first time I am doing this. Back in the day when our parents just died and our business was closed, both me and my sister technically starting over as all old employees were leaving us, and the business permit got provoked by the government. There are a lot of things to do, but in the end, I still managed to complete everything in the end using my own effort.

...

"Ah."

"Umm... Very good, Onii-chan! Good luck doing it! Alright, now I will get back to adventuring again!" 

My sister who knows a little bit about how many things to do when starting a business unconsciously retreats back to the door while saying a bit of encouragement. I can't blame her though since she is to enjoy another world, but I appreciated her support.

"Wait, sister!" Noticed my sister is about to leave. I quickly stopped her and suggested, "I know you are excited to explore but since we just moved here, I think you should pick a room first."

Hearing my suggestion, my sister nodded in agreement and asked, "How many rooms do we have here?"

"We have 8 empty rooms upstairs, although there is no furniture yet. You could tell me to ask anything you want when you have chosen your room."

Obviously, since we have a pretty big family I have considered how many rooms this building is before I bought it. Well, if we need more room, I could always make it work with my wish later anyway...

"Gotcha! I want a room closest to your room! As for furniture and decoration, just make it the same as on Earth!"

"Then, the most further room on the 2nd floor." I nodded and then waved my hand to her which gave her permission to leave, "Don't forget to call me if anything happens, sis!"

"Yes, Onii-chan!"

After that, my sister quickly ran out of the restaurant without looking back, leaving her brother alone again in this newly built restaurant. I have no worry that my sister would get into a dangerous situation in this world considering with her strength, she probably could blow up this city easily in one hit. 

["I will also report to you when something happens, don't worry."]

Nice, I always forget you are also connected to my sister, system.

["You welcome. Well, you should start working Jin-sama. There should be a lot of stuff you need to learn first."]

True. Although I find it a bit weird.. I thought you were going to tell me to just use my wish power to solve everything.

["I have known you better these half years, Jin-sama. With your stubborn attitude when it comes to anything related to the restaurant, there is no way you would listen to that kind of advice."] 

The system commented with a clear tired tone. I bet she would even roll her eyes right now if she had an eye in the first place.

Pffft... Well, thank you for understanding. Time to work!

["That's what I told you."]

...

"Hmm... let's start with the waste management system. I also need to take a look at how stoves work in this world." I muttered while I walked toward the kitchen area. 

As a chef and restaurant owner, I need to make sure the kitchen is always in perfect condition since it's the place where the dishes are cooked in the first place.

After that, I also checked various places within the building which I learned later were too much for me alone to handle.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Now, I have done with the first step... I think I need to recruit new employees for this branch restaurant." I said while putting a laptop on the table.

I really want to open my restaurant as soon as possible, but with no employees at the moment thanks to that old man's antics, it's too difficult for me to handle. Even if they had come, some of them probably not going to follow me like my sister did, considering they also have the same fascination toward other worlds as she did.

Since it's been like that---

'Got any suggestion where I could get an employee in this world, system?'

["You can open requirements normally as you do on earth, or just get a slave from a slave merchant and then deploy them as your obedient employee."]

"A slave merchant..." Hearing her answer, I can't help but frown.

As a modern person, I obviously do not like slavery but I am also aware there is not much I can do about it since a such thing is actually 'normal' in this world.

"But I really have no choice..."

Anyway, I am here to learn about this world, not to change it drastically, albeit I honestly don't have a good impression of this world so far with the slavery system still existing.

Well, since that's the case I will check the store first. System, please tell me where the nearest slave merchant in this city

["Make sure you are prepared for what you are going to see, Jin-sama."]

Is it really that bad? For you to warn me like that.

["Well, I will make sure to warn you before doing anything."]

Thanks, system, I don't want to get more punishment by that old man after all.

["That's true."]

Confirming my decision, I quickly closed the building temporarily and went to the closest slave merchant store according to the system navigation.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After following the directions provided by the system, I finally arrived at a big fancy building in the middle of the city with a tag name, 'Geog Slavery Store' on it.

To be located in such an area, the government in this city must acknowledge this kind of business legally and even support them.

Prepared to hold my disgust, the moment I entered the store, what met my eyes are clean big room with a lot of decoration and painting around-- as if it was a noble mansion instead of a slave merchant store. On top of that, a sexy older sister with bunny ears wearing a dress quickly greeted me with enthusiasm.

'A sexy beastgirl manages the store? I thought a girl like her would become the commodity instead!' 

This situation is far different than I imagined! I thought it would be something extreme for the system to warn me earlier, but so far my impression of this store is nowhere close to that kind of content.

"Welcome, esteemed guest! Are you here to get a slave?"

"Yes." 

"How many golds do you have prepared, my esteemed customer? What kind of slave do you want to have? Just yesterday we got a lot of high-quality slaves from various races, if you are interested." 

Perhaps noticed my calm demeanor and unique-looking clothes, the sexy bunny girl in front of me thought of me as a rich noble son, making her stare at me with clear greed.

I almost forgot that my appearance is currently just 15 years old.

"Um. Don't worry about the fund, just show me what you have here. I preferred someone who has a skill in cleaning, cooking, and most importantly obedient to my order."

"And lastly, I preferred female," I said in a serious tone which made her smile even wider.

"Got it. Please follow me down! I will show all the slaves with the qualifications you mentioned earlier!" 

With enthusiasm, the bunny girl took me into the basement of the shop, where all the slaves were held as commodities.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Following the bunny girl into the shop, I saw that various kinds of races were there, all in very good condition and also clean... surprisingly. He then offered several slaves that I could take-- but even after walking 10 minutes inside it, I didn't find anyone to my liking.

"Is there anything else, sis?"

Hearing my question, the bunny girl frowned and replied, "That's all the slave we have in here. None of them interest you, young master?"

"No."

"How about that harpy earlier? You did stop in front of her earlier, right?" the bunny girl suggested.

Indeed, there is one harpy that I took a bit of interest in earlier, but sadly after looking at her arm (claw), I decided to forget it since it's probably inconvenient for her to help in the restaurant.

"No... There is nothing else, sis?" I asked innocently. Anyway, if there's nothing left, I might as well continue to see at another store.

"Actually, we have one-- two more slaves that fulfill your requirement but they are a bit problematic."

"Problematic?"

"Yeah." Bunny girl nodded and explained, "Because they are already pre-ordered by another noble."

After that, she brought me a room that was locked with magic, and inside that room, I found both twin silver-haired loli cat girls blindfolded and having their mouths gagged with a steel ball... which made my blood boil seeing them getting treated like that. Seeing them remind me of Kaya and Saya who are also a twin, and they are also clearly underage on top of that!

Without any hesitation, I pointed my finger at them and said, "I want them."

"I am sorry customer, as I said those twin has been on someone's order..." The bunny girl said in an apologetic tone, but I could also totally see a smirk on her lip for a moment-- realizing what is actually happening here.

"No." Hearing his apology, I quickly interrupted her rudely and asked seriously, "I want them. I will pay the double price you have been offered from them."

Anyway, with my godly power, I can generate unlimited resources as much as I want, so this isn't a problem at all for me. Also, I know this bunny girl probably expected my reaction... and now, she probably going to keep the price higher in order to get the maximum benefit.

I don't mind about that though, I can regenerate unlimited money after all.

"But..."

"5 times the bidding price."

"Errr..."

"Last offer, 8 times the bidding price."

"D-Deal!"

Hearing it's my last offer, the bunny girl quickly accepts the deal as expected, probably afraid that I decide to cancel my offer. Even though she looks beautiful, this bunny girl is indeed very shrewd... ruining her initial image in my eyes.

After that, I followed him to carry out the payment process and hand over the ownership of the twin loli cat girl to me from the store's ownership rights.

Thus, that afternoon I finally got a new employee---although I regretted it a little later.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[Intermission: Why is the slave merchant shop I came across not as bad as you warned? ]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(MC): "As the title of the intermission said, Why is the slave merchant shop I came across not as bad as you warned earlier?"

(System): ["Well, I thought you were a very emotional teenager and can't bear to see people who are slaves in front of your eyes."]

(MC): "Of course not! Although I admit I don't have a good impression, it's not to the point where I can't think properly!"

(System): ["Aren't you? How about Vera-sama's situation?"]

(MC): "Uhh... she is my crush... you know?"

(System): ["Your uncle's situation?"]

(MC): "That one... I admit, I do mad about it."

(System): ["Also your reaction to those cat girls is also quite something, Jin-sama. Even though you haven't heard anything about why they were treated like that, you decide to take them away with a lack of detailed information... despite you can easily do that with your power."]

(MC): "...Damn, you are right. They are a good people, right system?"

(System): ["Pffft. Just find out in the next chapter about that."]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Finally update this story. A lot of shit happens in my life, sorry for the temporary hiatus.

 

12